Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen vs. Body Dynamix Slimvance Thermogenic are two fat burners from two supplement industry leaders. Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen takes a non-stimulant approach to fat loss, cutting out caffeine while Slimvance Thermogenic proudly boasts caffeine and thermogenic compounds alike.
Both of these thermogenic formulas claim to be ideal for those seeking to burn fat and achieve that lean look, but is one better than the other? Let’s find out in this Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen vs. Slimvance Thermogenic review .
Supplement Facts Comparison
|Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen||Vs.||Slimvance Thermogenic|
|Non-Stimulant Support Matrix||Niacin|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine Hcl||500 mg||Slimvance® Patented Blend||450 mg|
|Choline bitartrate||100 mg||Moringa oleifera leaf extract, Murraya koenigii leaf extract, curcuma longa root extract (standardized to Curcuminoids = 31.5 mg)|
|Dill extract (as Anethum graveolens)(seed)||50 mg||Caffeine Anhydrous||200 mg|
|Lion’s Mane (as Hericum erinaceus) (mycelial biomass)||50 mg||Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract (60% Hydroxycitric Acid)||100 mg|
|Bioperine® Black pepper extract (as Piper nigrum)(fruit) Standardized for 95% piperine||5 mg||Capsimax® Fruit Extract (Capsicum annum)||33.34 mg|
|Weight Loss Plus Complex||Bioperine® Piperine from Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Piper nigrum)||5 mg|
|C. Canephora Robusta Extract (robusta coffee) (bean) Standardized for 45% chlorogenic acids||200 mg|
|Rhodiola exract (as Rhodiola rosea)(root) Standardized for 3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides||50 mg|
|Ophiopogon extract (as Ophiopogon japonicus)(root), supplying polysaccharides||50 mg|
|Cayenne Pepper (as Capsicum annuum)(Fruit)||5 mg|
Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen and Slimvance Thermogenic want the same thing: fat loss, but they couldn’t be any more different in how they are setting out to achieve it.
Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen is a thermogenic supplement, or fat burner, that is free from stimulants. Muscletech is taking a different strategy here, because many thermogenics are loaded with stimulants such as caffeine, yohimbe, and ephedra extracts.
- Green Coffee Bean: Hydroxycut believes they have found the key to weight loss results in the fat burning power of C. canephora robusta, more commonly called green coffee bean. Hydroxycut cites the results of a popular study of green coffee bean where subjects lost an average of 10-pounds in 60 days.
- Non-Stimulant: Unlike stimulant-based thermogenics that have the potential to cause jitters and anxiousness, Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen can be taken any time of day without impacting sleep.
- Offers Additional Benefits: Hydroxycut is backed by herbal extracts that might offer benefits outside of weight loss including brain health and mood.
Slimvance Thermogenic is also a thermogenic supplement, but unlike Hydroxycut, Silmvance Thermogenic takes the stimulant-focused approach containing only caffeine.
- Scientific Backing: Body Dynamix, a company owned by GNC, conducted a study with Slimvance, resulting in very positive results including accelerated fat loss and less overall fat mass.
- Core Focused: Belly fat is the most cited problem area for weight loss. A study involving Slimvance suggests that subjects lost three times the amount of fat around their core when compared to those who did not take the supplement.
- Centered on Capsimax®: Found in many of the best thermogenic formulas, Capsimax® is another scientifically validated ingredient that is capable of maximizing fat loss.
How are Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen and Slimvance Thermogenic formulas similar?
When it comes to promoting fat loss and lean gains, Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen and Slimvance Thermogenic take two very different approaches, and nowhere is this clearer than in their formulas. With only two of the ingredients being the same, these two thermogenic supplements couldn’t be further apart.
|Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen||Slimvance Thermogenic|
|Cayenne Pepper (as Capsicum annuum)(Fruit)||5 mg||33.34 mg|
|Bioperine® Piperine from Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Piper nigrum)||5 mg||5 mg|
Bioperine® is increasingly common in supplements, and is present in many of our top-rated fat burner stack supplements.
The industry standard dosage for Bioperine® is 5 mg, so both Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen and Slimvance Thermogenic are okay in this respect.
How are Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen and Slimvance Thermogenic formulas different?
With the only other ingredient that they share, Capsicum, Slimvance has the clear advantage. Studies show that a higher dosage is needed to promote the consistent fat burning benefits of Capsicum. While 5 mg taken throughout the day may be effective, it’s the 30+ mg dose that is going to be the metabolic sweet spot.
Now let’s focus on the different ingredients, which is to say: the entire formula for both of these thermogenic supplements.
There are three key ingredients that make up the foundation of Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen that you won’t find in Slimvance Thermogenic.
- C. Canephora Robusta (Green Coffee Bean): The superstar of the Hydroxycut formula, green coffee bean extract has been shown to be an effective way to promote healthy weight management by improving glucose metabolism, blocking fat storage, and balancing blood sugar.
- Acetyl L Carnitine HcL: This common fat burner has been shown to be effective in promoting fat oxidation along with promoting athletic performance.
- Choline Bitartrate: Based more on theory than fact, choline acts as a precursor for acetylcholine, a stimulatory neurotransmitter. Acetylcholine is more popular as a nootropic, helping to boost brain health, but it may improve metabolic activity as well.
Slimvance Thermogenic, taking the stimulant approach, contains three powerful ingredients that are not in Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Staying strong as one of the best fat burners in the world despite some bad publicity, garcinia cambogia may help to boost fat oxidation, curb appetite, and support metabolic processes.
- Curcuma Longa Root: More commonly called turmeric, this herbal extract can support healthy weight management by fighting off inflammation and supporting the removal of free radicals.
- Moringa Oleifera Leaf: The botanical antioxidants found in moringa leaf has been suggested to stabilize blood sugar.
These formulas both supply some of the best fat burners known, as well as some wildcard ingredients that may provide additional help for weight loss efforts.
Which is the better formula design?
Both thermogenic supplements miss the mark a bit in regards to proper dosing. Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen doesn’t use enough L-carnitine or Capsimax® while Slimvance Thermogenic is under-dosing its herbal extract all-stars, curcuma longa root, moringa oleifera leaf, due to a proprietary blend.
Overall, when it comes to having the proper dose where it counts, Slimvance takes the gold for this as it has a study-based dosage of Capsicum and garcinia cambogia.
|Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen||Slimvance Thermogenic|
|Branded ingredients||Capsimax®, Bioperine®||Slimvance® Patented Blend, Capsimax®, Bioperine®|
|Enhanced Botanicals||C. Canephora Robusta Extract, 45% chlorogenic acids; Rhodiola exract, 3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides||Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract, 60% Hydroxycitric Acid|
|Other advanced forms||N/A||N/A|
|Clean Label||NO (Rice Hulls, Capsule (Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No. 1), Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide)||NO (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Calcium Silicate , Magnesium Stearate Vegetable Source , Talc, Candurin Silver, Artificial Colors (FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #3, FD&C Yellow #5))|
|Advanced Delivery||Gelatin-based; non-vegan capsule||Gelatin-based; non-vegan capsule|
|Stim-Free||YES||NO (Contains caffeine)|
|Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen||vs||Slimvance Thermogenic|
|1 Bottle (X servings)||$19.99||1 Bottle (X servings)||$59.99|
|Price Per Serving||$0.66||Price Per Serving||$1.99|
With a price difference like that, is this a case of “you get what you pay for?” It seems so. Hydroxycut is a brave thermogenic without a stimulant base and all of its effectiveness is riding on green coffee bean. Arguably, in order to see results from some of the other ingredients, namely Capsimax®, you’ll have to double or even triple the dose, effectively turning your one-month supply into a week or two-week supply
What’s more, Slimvance has an actual study to back it up. The results from this study alone are enough to warrant the higher cost. Don’t let the price point steer you away because promotions and specials are easy to find for Slimvance.
The price for the Slimvance Thermogenic is from the GNC website in 2018 while the price of the Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen is from Amazon.
Again, you may want to shop around for the best deal to save as these formulas are available to buy from other locations, which may have better sales.
I’d recommend checking out Bodybuilding dot com or direct from the manufacturer as these sites often have promotions.
Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen vs. Slimvance Thermogenic: Which is Better?
While we appreciate the creativity and ingenuity of Hydroxycut, it’s clear that it just can’t compete with the scientifically-backed Slimvance. Hydroxycut lacks the punches needed due to low dosing of scientifically proven ingredients such as Capsimax®. As mentioned above, you can double up the doses of Hydroxycut but this might not be a sound decision from a safety or monetary standpoint.
Slimvance Thermogenic, despite using a proprietary blend for its herbal extracts, has the science behind it to calm your worrying. While we agree that the price tag is a bit high for a month supply, this can easily be remedied by doing your research and finding the cheapest deal. When it comes to the Slimvance formula, we’re happy to see industry standard doses of garcinia cambogia, Capsimax®, and caffeine.
Not only will you shed some pounds with Slimvance, but you’ll get a nice pick-me-up as well. Just make sure that you’re using Slimvance in combination with a healthy diet and exercise program.
Hydroxycut Lean X Next Gen vs. Slimvance Thermogenic: Overall Winner: