We’ve reviewed some GNC products before and for the most part, GNC took us by surprise at the quality of each one. It’s a big deal since when you go to forums, GNC doesn’t always ring the happy bell if you get our drift.
But we’re not biased here nor do we criticize based on a company’s bad rep (okay, maybe sometimes but not always) and we recognize a good product when we see one and right now, GNC looks to have done just that with a burner that really sounds badass: Meta-Ignite Inferno.
We’re not the type that judged a supplement by its box but it really sounds cool and even dangerous and we all love danger in our supplements, right? Let’s see what GNC has in store for us this time!
About GNC META-IGNITE INFERNO
GNC is not exactly the go-to supplement company but every now and then they do produce gems and Meta-Ignite Inferno looks to be one of them. It has some research to back it up, and the box design is sleek and professional grade for sure. We see a lot of familiar faces in the supplement facts and hopefully it doesn’t disappoint. Let’s just see. Formula notes:
- 3 Blends: And only one of them is a prop blend!
- Multitasking: It promises to deliver performance, focus, and fat burning in one serving.
- GNX Science: We’re not sure what this is but it sounds cool.
GNC META-IGNITE INFERNO Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: Two Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Thermogenic Trigger Blend||243.34 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous, Capsimax® Fruit Extract (Capsicum annuum), Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Piper nigrum) (Piperine = 5 mg)|
|Neuro-Sharp Sensory Complex|
|Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract|
(24% Ginkgo Flavonglycosides = 28.8 mg) (6% Terpene Lactones = 7.2 mg)
|Choline (as Choline Bitartrate)||25 mg|
|Intensity Potentiator Matrix|
|Ginger Root Extract (5% Gingerols = 10 mg) (Zingiber officinale)||200 mg|
|White Willow Extract (Salix alba)||120 mg|
|MegaNatural® Gold Grape Seed Extract||50 mg|
|Cinnamon Bark Powder (Cinnamomum cassia)||30 mg|
|Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract||10 mg|
|Green Tea Leaf Extract (Camellia sinensis)||10 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Gelatin, Stearic Acid Vegetable Source, Magnesium Stearate Vegetable Source, Silica, Artificial Colors (FD&C Red #3, FD&C Yellow #6), Titanium dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener)|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, take two rapid delivery capsules 30-45 minutes prior to training. On non-training days, take 2 capsules in the morning. For the ultimate body-shredding results, stack with GNC GenetixHD® Cyclo-Shred. Do not take before bedtime.|
Potential wasted by cramming so many ingredients in one serving
Meta-Ignite Inferno looked like it had a thing going but a closer inspection made us become horrified. It started out great but began to fizzle out in the middle until it just crashed in the end. A shame too since we saw a lot of familiar faces in their supplement facts. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Thermogenic Trigger Blend, 243.34 mg
- Caffeine. Solid fat burner that primarily boosts energy to get you going whether you’re at the gym or at work trying to impress your new boss.
- Cayenne as Capsimax®. This premium form of cayenne is known for its purity and ensures the kind of hotness you will feel even in relatively small doses.
- Black Pepper. Black pepper is known for its ability to boost absorption of virtually any ingredient. It also doubles as a fat burner like cayenne but milder.
Neuro-Sharp Sensory Complex
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract. This nootropic was probably added to reduce jitters. As for the dose, 120 mg is good enough. Plus points for being standardized too.
- Choline. Choline is the foundation of every cell membrane and also a precursor to its superior form acetylcholine. Sucks that not only is the dosage poor but the form is really not absorbed well.
Intensity Potentiator Matrix
- Ginger Root Extract. Standardized to 5% Gingerols which is the active compound you want in ginger supplements. It’s responsible for increasing caloric expenditure during digestion.
- White Willow. White willow offers protection against adrenaline-terminating enzymes which helps promote a more efficient fat burning environment.
- Gold Grape Seed Extract as MegaNatural®. This premium brand of grape extract is a good source of antioxidants. Dosage is at the minimum but it’s NOT a fat burner.
- Cinnamon Bark. This ingredient is known for its insulin benefits and if we stretch it, improving insulin sensitivity leads to better blood sugar control. Better blood sugar balance means you’re less likely to feel hungry.
- Resveratrol as resVida®. It acts as a T-booster by means of inhibiting aromatase, the enzyme responsible for converting T to estrogen. It also happens to improve blood flow but not as good as nitric-oxide.
- Palmitoylethanolamide. Also known as PEA in the internetz, this compound is a natural substance that has anti-inflammatory properties as well as having potential CNS benefits. There are a few speculations that say it can act as an appetite suppressant by means of increasing leptin sensitivity (the “I’m full so I won’t eat” hormone). Wonderful ingredient, right? Too bad the dosage is too small to do anything!
- Garcinia Cambogia. Okay, this one is one popular fat burner for a good reason. It supplies hydroxycitric acid which blocks enzymes that promote fat storage. It also enhances lipolysis. Shame the dose on this one is negligible.
- Green Tea Extract. Our #1 fat burner in last place. My word, this is such a travesty!
Meta-Ignite Inferno is a lot like that one night stand you wish you could forget: It started out alright and hinted at its potential but then it couldn’t finish properly.
It had three blends to work with and the only blends that seem to work as a whole is the Thermogenic Trigger Blend. It has caffeine, cayenne, and black pepper, these three are bonafide fat burning ingredients. We don’t know the dose for each one but the fact that the we know the blend’s overall dosage is promising.
Neuro-Sharp Sensory Complex only had one decent ingredient and that’s Ginkgo Biloba. Choline here is a waste of space and would’ve been better if GNC added the 25 mg to Ginkgo instead.
The third and least likely to work at all is the Intensity Potentiator Matrix blend. With a name like that, you’d think it would be the most awesome part of the blend right? Nah, you wish. If anything, this blend is probably the least effective. It has a bunch of what seemed to be randomly selected health ingredients. The only saving grace are Ginger and White Willow. The rest are a waste of space which is pretty sad since this blend contains two of our best 5 fat burning ingredients on the bottom of the ladder.
What was GNC aiming with this blend? If we stretch it out long enough, maybe some twisted sense of synergy. Personally, we think this blend was made just so innocent consumers would go “Oh! I’ve read about this and this and this! This supplement has it all! I’ll buy a year supply right now!”
To sum it all up, GNC’s Meta-Ignite Inferno could’ve been a decent fat burner had it chosen to do the right thing and chop off the unnecessary shit in its blends. It lacked focus for the most part but there should be some form of fat burning and a good boost of energy somewhere, just not as potent as they could have been.
GNC META-IGNITE INFERNO Benefits
Despite the mess of ingredients we’re presented, we can’t say you won’t get energy and some good burn from this supplement. There are still quality ingredients here after all so we have to give it that.
Who Takes It?
Based on naming and formulation? Definitely for the consumers who don’t really know their labels or ingredients well enough. I mean, we don’t have anything against the company but we just can’t imagine any pro or veteran lifter recommending this even as a substitute.
Any Side Effects?
It has caffeine and based on experience, we guess it’s around 190-200 mg. That’s usually just two cups of coffee and coffee regulars shouldn’t have a problem with this but if you’re sensitive to stimulants, you might get the jitters or end up crashing. There are ingredients here that might help prevent some of the side effects but it really depends on how your body tolerates stimulants.
GNC META-IGNITE INFERNO Summary
- Quality ingredients. Some notables were found.
- 3-Staged. We like partitions and just being organized.
- Cheap. You might snag this for not more than $20.00
- Weak dosage. Too many ingredients, so little milligrams.
- Priority issues. Why are the best fat burners in the bottom?!
- Waste of space. Some aren’t even related to fat burning.
- Fluff. The other ingredients are just as messy.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $20-$25
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on GNC META-IGNITE INFERNO
Meta-Ignite Inferno tried its best to be a different kind of fat burner but all it ended up doing is making a mess of what could have been, at the very least, a recommendable fat burning supplement. Underdosed, wrong priorities, and lack of focus, this supplement tried to be a lot of things at once but in the end, it settled for mediocrity.
On the bright side, we acknowledge that it works somewhat but not in a Best Fat Burners way. You get our drift?