Cellucor CLK vs. Super HD compares two fat loss supplements from the industry-leading sports nutrition brand Cellucor. One is a stimulant-driven stack with extra support for sensory and thermogenesis. The other is more streamlined, designed to boost fat loss results via non-stimulatory pathways. Both of these fat burner supplements are credible, and both get good reviews. But which one is a better choice for your weight loss goals? Let’s find out in this detailed comparative review.
Supplement Facts Comparison
Cellucor Super HD
|Calories||25||Niacin (as Niacinamide)||10 mg (50% DV)|
|Total Fat||2g||Vitamin B6 (as Pyrodoxal-5-Phosphate)||3 mg (150% DV)|
|Cla (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)||1.7 g||Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin, Coenzyme B12)||250 mcg (4167% DV)|
|Stimulant Free Toning Blend||1014 mg||SuperHD ThermoSculpting™ Blend||250 mg|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate, Razberi-K® Raspberry Ketones, Slimpro® Protein Hydrolysates of Blue Whiting (Micromesistius poutassou)||Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) leaf extract, Slimpro® Protein Hydrolysates of Blue Whiting (Micromesistius poutassou), Dandelion root extract|
|SuperHD Sensory Impact™ Blend||250 mg|
|N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) root extract, Amla fruit extract, Yohimbe (Pausinistalia Yohimbe) bark extract, Capsimax® Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract, Evodia Rotaecarpia fruit extract (Standardized for Evodiamine), Toothed Clubmoss (Huperzia Serrata) aerial parts extract (Standardized for Huperizine A), Rauvolfia vomitoria root bark extract|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||160 mg|
Cellucor CLK and Super HD are Cellucor’s Yin and Yang fat-burning formulas.
- Cellucor CLK is Yin: a milder, gentler fat burning formula by design.
- Super HD is Yang: aggressive, stimulating and intense fat loss support
When it comes to identifying similarities between these two formulas’ strategies, there is not much to discuss. Even though they are both fat burners from Cellucor, they only and they are both fat burner supplements, they only share one ingredient: Slimpro® fish peptides, and unusual and rarely seen ingredient that is included for its potential to help with appetite control.
Let’s talk in greater detail about how these two formulas approach fat loss.
So you can or CLK is streamlined, safe, and simple.
CLK is stimulant free and streamlined. Many fat burner supplements have a long, complicated lists of many ingredients. CLK, on the other hand only has four ingredients. We have already mentioned SlimPro, which it shares with Super HD. Let’s take a look at the other three:
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) 1.7 g
CLA seems like CLK’s main draw. It is not put in the formula’s Toning Blend, and instead stands alone with a nice 1.7 g dosage.
CLA is a strong choice for a fat burner supplement. It is backed by a good deal of research. Specifically, it helps with:
- Enhancing exercise performance so you can burn more calories while you work out
- Supporting efficient fat metabolism, which may help the body burn through stored fat more easily
- Promoting lean muscle mass development
With CLA, CLK seems to target ideal body composition: increasing lean muscle mass while reducing body fat.
The rest of cellular or CLK’s ingredients are presented in its Stimulant Free Toning Blend, which amounts to 1014 mg. In addition to the SlimPro that we have already mentioned, this blend includes:
- L-carnitine: Supports fat loss efforts by helping with the mobilization and utilization of stored energy and fat. In other words, l-carnitine helps shuttle fatty acids into cells mitochondria, providing a fundamental support for fat burning efforts.
- Raspberi-K® raspberry ketones: These organic compounds are included for their potential benefits to optimize metabolism and encourage the breakdown of fat.
Notice something about these ingredients and Cellucor CLK? Yep, that’s right: they are all stimulant free. Furthermore, they are gentle. So it is not a hard-core, set your world on fire kind of fat burner supplement. Instead, CLK supports activities like fat metabolism, appetite, and stored energy utilization.
Now let’s talk about the Yang to that Yin.
In addition to the Slimpro that it shares with CLK, Super HD supplies a mini B-vitamin complex along with two proprietary blends: ThermoSculpting™ and Sensory Impact™.
Naming these plans definitely gives them some marketing sex appeal, however we don’t really see how relevant their names are to the ingredients therein. So here’s a quick rundown that combines both of these blends into one list. Super HD supplies:
- Green tea
- Dandelion Root
- Cayenne (Capsimax®)
- Evodia Rotaecarpia (Evodiamine)
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Toothed Clubmoss (Huperzine-A)
- Rauwolfia Vomitoria
Not included in its proprietary blends, but essential to the formula’s success, is 160 mg of caffeine.
Right off the bat, we can see that Cellucor Super HD is a lot different from CLK.
Unlike the gentle, stimulant-free approach of CLK, super HD supplies highly stimulating agents like caffeine, green tea, rauvolfia and yohimbine. Rhodiola rosea is another notably intense herb that can help with mental and physical performance while strengthening the body’s resistance to stress. Cayenne pepper is pretty intense too, but it is a fat burner that works.
Super HD takes an intense approach to fat loss, but it is also multidimensional, supplying more ways of burning fat than CLK does:
- Super HD’s B vitamins are good for overall metabolic performance.
- Fish peptides may help with appetite
- Evodiamine may have some benefits as a fat burner
- Dandelion helps you not retain too much water
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and Huperzine A both help with focus and concentration
Super HD is trying to do a lot of different things for weight loss. It has a lot of strong ingredients, and seems like it would work well for fat burning programs, however you have to keep in mind that this is a supplement you are going to feel, especially when you are working out.
How are Cellucor CLK and Super HD different?
Cellucor CLK and Super HD have the same pedigree. Therefore, they share the same DNA. We wouldn’t be surprised if the same formulators worked on both of these products. It seems like making them distinct from each other was really the goal here. These two fat burners are for two different kinds of people. CLK is far more conservative; Super HD is far more aggressive.
Cellucor CLK vs. Super HD: Unique Benefits
Cellucor CLK has more support for lean muscle, and more gentle support for fat burning.
This formula is simply designed; just four ingredients. But don’t assume that the simplicity and limited ingredient lineup makes this formula weak.
CLK’s simple design allows a larger dose of CLA, which is needed for body composition benefits. The formula’s stimulant free toning blend is also different from Cellucor Super HD because it attacks fat on a microscopic level – targeting metabolic functions that can make a big impact on overall weight loss efforts without the use of any stimulants.
Cellucor Super HD is a good old-fashioned fat-burner with some extra nootropic and sensory support.
The obvious big difference that Super HD offers an CLK does not is that highly stimulating fat loss activity. It just presents a completely different weight loss strategy then CLK does. In addition, super HD mixes in brain-boosting nootropics, which in theory may indirectly help with fat loss efforts by improving your concentration and mental intensity during fat blasting workouts. CLK offers nothing even remotely like that.
- Compared to Cellucor CLK, we think Super HD is a better fat-burner for athletes and people who can take a lot of super stimulation.
This comparison creates a problem for both of these fat burner supplements. First off, they only share one ingredient, so that is the only one that could be compared. But there is no point even trying to compare them, because both of these supplements use proprietary blends that hide their respective dosages. Not all of the dosages mind you, but enough that it makes it impossible to do an apples to apples dosage comparison of these two formulas.
- Super HD and CLK both use proprietary blends to hide their dosages. We will give the edge to CLK, however, because it shares the dosage of its main fat-burner ingredient: 1.7 g of CLA.
Ingredient Quality Comparison
Both Cellucor CLK and Super HD use some premium, high-quality and branded ingredients.
CLK enhanced-quality ingredients:
- Razberi-K® Raspberry Ketones
- Slimpro® Protein Hydrolysates of Blue Whiting fish (Micromesistius poutassou)
Super HD enhanced-quality ingredients:
- Capsimax® Cayenne pepper extract
- P-5-P vitamin B6 (active form with better potency)
CLA is CLK’s star ingredient, but Razberi-K® has some star power too: It is a top-shelf branded ingredient, and probably the best form of raspberry ketones on the market.
Super HD, on the other hand, takes the upper hand with Capsimax® Cayenne Pepper. Capsimax® is the best cayenne pepper branded ingredients on the market. Here’s why:
- Plain cayenne pepper has unknown levels of active capsaicinoids, and when you take the high amounts needed for fat burning benefits, it can make your stomach burn like it’s on fire.
- Capsimax® delivers a precise 10% standardization of capsaicinoids. It also uses patented micro-beadlet technology that buffers those actives, thereby eliminating any burning sensation side effects.
We think that Capsimax® is an especially nice touch for Cellucor Super HD.
When were looking through the super HD formula, we see an intense stack that at first glance comes out with all guns blazing in the Battle of the Bulge. But then we see Capsimax®, which shows formula sophistication.
- Super HD uses more high-quality ingredients than Cellucor CLK, and we are especially impressed by Super HD’s sophisticated use of Capsimax® Cayenne pepper extract.
Nutrient Delivery and Clean Label Comparison
Since both of these fat burner supplements are from the same company, we will take a look at them collectively. Overall, Cellucor labels could be a lot cleaner.
Cellucor CLK and Super HD are both “unclean” labels. They include additives like silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, and artificial colors: FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #5, to name a few. They also both contain allergens: Fish and Soy.
- Even though both formulas are “dirty,” Cellucor CLK gets the edge here. That is because it uses softgels, which are slightly better than Super HD’s plain gelatin capsules.
|Cellucor CLK||vs.||Cellucor Super HD|
|1 Bottle (60 servings)||$29.99||1 Bottle (60 servings)||$29.99|
|Price Per Serving||$0.50||Price Per Serving||$0.50|
Both are the same price, for the same number of servings… so we’ve got a draw.
Cellucor CLK and Super HD are both accessible fat burner supplements. You can buy them everywhere; bodybuilding dot com, Amazon, GNC, ebay, Kmart and more. If you like seeking out deals, you can shop around for both of these fat burners, and possibly save a little money on whichever one you choose.
- Cellucor CLK and Super HD cost the same amount of money, and both are reasonably priced.
Cellucor CLK vs. Super HD: Which is Better?
It is hard to say that Cellucor CLK is better than Super HD, or vice versa. These two formulas both come from the same company, and both are good – but they are designed for vastly different purposes.
- If you are looking for a stimulant free product, then Cellucor CLK is obviously the better choice for you.
- If you are a bodybuilder seeking hard-core intensity, then Cellucor Super HD is a better choice.
Heck, you could stack these formulas together into a combo and get some great fat burning activity, although that would totally defeat the purpose of so you core CLK’s stimulant-free design.
If we were forced to pick one over the other, we would probably go with Cellucor Super HD.
It misses out on the awesome benefits of CLA found in Cellucor CLK. However, we cannot resist Cellucor Super HD’s intense fat burning activity, and especially love its use of Capsimax Cayenne Pepper Extract. Furthermore, Cellucor Super HD includes some of our other Favorite Fat Burner Ingredients, including green tea.
Overall, Super HD is a stronger fat burner than Cellucor CLK, as long as you can handle the intense shock-and-awe sensory experience of taking it.
In conclusion, Super HD has more ingredients that burn fat, and attacks excess weight in a more diverse and effective way.