We thought we couldn’t find another energy booster which could trump NOW Ultra B-12 in terms of Vitamin B12 content.
It turns out we were wrong. Dead wrong.
Please give it up for NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost.
This energy booster’s 166,667 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B12 easily blows the competition out of the water.
That’s just for starters, folks. Enjoy the review, as usual.
About NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost “contains a powerful blend of Vitamin B12 and other effective nutrients for energy utilization,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Insane Vitamin B12 content. At 166,667 percent of the daily value, it’s the highest we’ve seen in an energy booster.
- Impressive B Vitamin profile. Helps increase energy levels and improve cardiovascular health.
- Mediocre taste. Not the best on the market, for sure.
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost Supplement Facts (Mixed Berry, 15 mL)
|Serving Size: 1 Tube (15 mL)|
Servings Per Container: 12
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3%*|
|Sugar Alcohol (as Xylitol)||1 g||†|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||100 mg||167%|
|Vitamin B-1 (from Thiamine HCl)||3 mg||200%|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)||3.4 mg||200%|
|Niacin (as Niacinamide) (Vitamin B-3)||50 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg||500%|
|Folic Acid||400 mcg||100%|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||10 mg (10,000mcg)||166,667%|
|Pantothenic Acid (from Calcium Pantothenate)||50 mg||500%|
|Choline (from Choline Bitartrate)||5 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: De-ionized Water, Vegetable Glycerine, Xylitol, Natural Berry and Cherry Flavors, Malic Acid, Potassium Sorbate (as preservative) and Natural French Vanilla Flavor.|
|SUGGESTED USAGE & STORAGE: Shake plastic tube before using. Snap top off of tube and squeeze liquid contents into mouth and swallow. Take 1 tube daily, preferably in the morning.|
Store in a cool, dry place.
Explosive, Long-Lasting Energy
We hope you’ve seen our B5 energy booster reviews by now.
Even the most seasoned bodybuilding enthusiast needs a pick-me-up every now and then.
One such product which stands out is NOW Ultra B-12, one of the best sources of Vitamin B12 on the market.
If you think NOW Ultra B-12 was an insane source of Vitamin B12 (83,333 percent of the daily value for cyanocobalamin), you haven’t seen anything yet.
Wait until you get a load of NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost, folks.
As the name suggests, this product has a whopping 10,000 micrograms of cyanocobalamin per serving (one tube).
That is equal to an astonishing 167,667 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B12.
We told you. Has it blown you away yet?
We declared in our NOW Ultra B-12 review it had “the largest amount of any ingredient we’ve ever come across.”
Well, it’s official: NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has broken that record.
This product “contains a powerful blend of Vitamin B-12 and other effective nutrients for energy utilization,” per its official website.
“With a complete B Vitamin profile, and an energizing 10,000 mcg blast of Vitamin B-12, this advanced energy formula will keep you at the top of your game,” per the same source.
The folks at NOW Foods also say they’ve “carefully formulated the nutrient profile in NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost to keep you sharp, focused, and naturally fired-up for hours!”
Well, if the unreal Vitamin B12 content is any indication, this claim should be legit, folks.
If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may be deficient in Vitamin B12:
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle and joint discomfort
- Breathing issues
- Lack of focus
- Heart, dental, and digestive issues
Health experts believe strict vegetarians may compromise their cyanocobalamin levels because this nutrient is found in many animal products.
Good thing NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost is around.
Just so you know, Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin which helps regulate the nervous system and metabolize fats and proteins.
This vitamin is also critical for healthy, rapidly-multiplying cells because of its role in the synthesis of DNA during cell division.
B Vitamins also have a reputation for increasing energy levels and improving heart health.
Cyanocobalamin is no exception, folks.
Vitamin B12 helps convert carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar), which, in turn, helps increase energy levels.
Here’s the key: bodybuilding enthusiasts and lifters need ample amounts of Vitamin B12 because it plays an important role in muscle contraction.
On that note, expect to perform better at the gym when you take NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost.
In terms of cardiovascular health, Vitamin B12 helps keep amounts of homocysteine (a type of non-protein amino acid) in check.
Simply put, the higher your homocysteine levels are, the more detrimental they are for heart health.
We’re glad Vitamin B12 is here to the rescue.
Check out its other vital health benefits:
- Improves memory
- Boosts mood
- Improves digestive, skin, and hair health
- Wards off nasty free radicals
- Assists in red blood cell production
You are sure to reap all of these benefits with the insane Vitamin B12 content of NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost.
We said it before, and we’ll say it again: anything in excess is not good for you.
The National Institutes of Health recommends individuals over the age of 14 take only 2.4 micrograms of Vitamin B12 daily.
If you think about it, one tube of NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has 10,000 micrograms of cyanocobalamin.
Good thing the National Institutes of Health also assures us “Vitamin B12 has not been shown to cause any harm.”
This supplement also has high doses of the other B Vitamins for increased energy levels.
Leading the charge are 50 milligrams of pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) and 10 milligrams of pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) per serving.
They both represent an impressive 500 percent of the daily value.
Vitamin B5 helps regulate the immune system. However, its most impressive benefits for active individuals are its abilities to increase stamina and keep exercise fatigue at bay.
For its part, Vitamin B6 also keeps homocysteine levels in check.
If you pair that up with a mega dose of Vitamin B12, you can expect excellent heart health in conjunction with regular exercise, sound nutrition, and plenty of rest.
Vitamin B6 also helps regulate sleep cycles. When your sleep quality improves, you also shorten your recovery time.
We’re sure that’s music to any active gym-goer’s ears.
Next up are 50 milligrams of Vitamin B3 per serving.
This vitamin helps improve heart health and joint mobility (be careful, folks. High doses may result in “niacin flushing” in some individuals).
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost also has three milligrams of Vitamin B1 and 3.4 milligrams of Vitamin B2 per serving.
These represent a solid 200 percent of the daily value.
Both of these vitamins help ramp up energy levels. Vitamin B1 helps shore up heart health while Vitamin B2 helps regulate the immune and digestive systems.
Plus, Vitamin B2 also helps improve thyroid function.
We also like the additions of Vitamin C (100 milligrams per serving) and folic acid (400 micrograms per serving).
Vitamin C (also known as ascorbic acid) is best known for its ability to keep the common cold at bay.
However, it’s more than just that.
Ascorbic acid also helps stop free radicals dead in their tracks. It also helps produce collagen, the protein found in connective tissue.
Boom. Another great bodybuilding benefit.
On the other hand, folic acid (also known as Vitamin B9) also helps regulate cardiovascular health. It also helps keep cholesterol levels in check.
We also think five milligrams each of the nootropics choline and inositol in the B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost formula are awesome.
Choline is a form of B complex Vitamin and macronutrient which helps improve liver and brain health, increase energy levels, and regulate metabolism.
For its part, inositol helps improve mood and keep free radicals at bay.
As great as B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost’s ingredient profile is, some customers say it doesn’t work (don’t worry, they’re in the minority).
We found this a bit perplexing, especially with the mega dose of Vitamin B12.
Either this product is a dud, or those customers aren’t paying attention to their other health facets (exercise, nutrition, etc.).
Take your pick, folks.
Finally, the naysayers say B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has a weird taste – one of the common complaints about this product.
We agree. The taste isn’t the best, but if you can take it, good for you.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 35: At just 35 calories per serving, NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost won’t compromise your nutrition plan.
- Total carbohydrate, 9 g: This product’s carb content represents just three percent of the daily value. To put things in proper perspective, anything less than five percent of the daily value is low.
- Sugars, 0 g: NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has zero sugar content. Awesome.
- Sugar alcohol (as xylitol), 1 g: Don’t worry, this sugar alcohol is found in many fruits and vegetables. Xylitol has a low glycemic index (GI) and won’t create massive spikes in your blood sugar levels. The good news: NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has just one gram of sugar alcohol per serving.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 100 mg: Acts as a potent antioxidant which helps keep free radical activity at bay. Ascorbic acid also helps regulate blood pressure levels and overall heart health. This product’s solid 167 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C (anything more than 15 percent is high) should go a long way.
- Vitamin B1 (from thiamin HCl), 3 mg: This ingredient has the classic B Vitamin benefits – improved cardiovascular health and increased energy levels, to be more precise. Two hundred percent of the daily value for Vitamin B1 ought to do the trick, folks.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), 3.4 mg: Aside from increasing energy levels, Vitamin B2 also helps regulate the digestive and immune systems as well as thyroid function.
- Niacin (as niacinamide)(Vitamin B3), 50 mg: A vitamin which helps improve cardiovascular health and joint mobility. Like we said, please take extra caution as excessive amounts may cause niacin flushing in some individuals.
- Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine HCl), 10 mg: This vitamin helps regulate homocysteine levels for better heart health. It also helps regulate your sleep cycles to facilitate better recovery.
- Folic acid, 400 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B9, this ingredient helps regulate cholesterol levels and improve cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 10 mg (10,000 mcg): Consider NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost as the undisputed Vitamin B12 champion, folks: if an insane 166,667 percent of the daily value doesn’t do the trick, nothing will.
- Biotin, 300 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B7, biotin helps improve nail, hair, and skin health. Little do people know it also helps keep inflammation at bay and repair muscle tissue. Perfect.
- Pantothenic acid (from calcium pantothenate), 50 mg: Also known as Vitamin B5, this ingredient helps ramp up stamina for better results in and out of the gym. An awesome 500 percent of the daily value should serve as hard evidence.
- Choline (from choline bitartrate), 5 mg: A nootropic known to boost brain and liver health. It also helps increase energy levels and regulate metabolism.
- Inositol, 5 mg: Another nootropic which helps improve mood and ward off free radicals.
If NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost’s insane Vitamin B12 content didn’t overwhelm you, we don’t know what will.
Where else can you find an energy booster which has 166,167 percent of the daily value for cyanocobalamin, folks?
That much is guaranteed to boost your nervous and cardiovascular systems, increase energy levels, and regulate muscular contraction.
Whether you’re going to use this product as a simple pick-me-up or addition to your pre-workout supplementation, we’re confident it will exceed your expectations.
On that note, we’re still perplexed why some consumers say this product didn’t work wonders for them.
The unbelievable Vitamin B12 content should have been a dead giveaway.
We’re sure 10,000 micrograms of cyanocobalamin per day will raise plenty of eyebrows.
In fact, when we reviewed NOW Ultra B-12, we said it’s Vitamin B12 content was “a double-edged sword.”
We’re saying the same thing about NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost. Even if some health experts say Vitamin B12 is generally safe, please consult your physician if you have any lingering doubts.
As for the other facets of NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost, they’re not too shabby at all.
We feel the increased dosages of the other B Vitamins will help shore up your heart health and energy levels as well. We are sure you will also reap their other important benefits.
The inclusions of Vitamin C and two nootropics (choline and inositol) should make a resounding impact.
Count on it.
We give the manufacturer an A for transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends whatsoever. We didn’t find any fillers as well.
As for the price, expect to shell out $14 or so for a 12-serving box. Not bad at all. If you like the product, might as well stock up.
On the flip side, some consumers have been griping about this product’s taste.
We agree it isn’t the best. In our opinion, it’s passable, though.
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost Benefits
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps increase energy levels
- Impressive B Vitamin profile
- Zero sugar content
- No artificial colors and flavors
- Refreshing taste
With the exception of its taste, we agree with these claims. NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost should help increase your energy levels and focus for hours on end.
Who Takes It?
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost is intended for healthy individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase their energy levels and focus, improve heart health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost has no glaring side effects, please consult your physician if you feel doubtful about any of its ingredients.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost Summary
- Insane Vitamin B12 content. Represents a whopping 166,667 percent of the daily value.
- Impressive B Vitamin profile. Helps shore up heart health and energy levels.
- Inclusion of nootropics. Choline and inositol to help enhance cognitive function.
- Zero sugar. No sugar content. Just one gram of xylitol per serving.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
- No fillers. Awesome.
- No caffeine. Product relies on more natural pathways to ramp up energy levels.
- Reasonable price. Around $14 for a 12-tube box.
- Vitamin B12 content. Could be a double-edged sword.
- Taste. Not the best. Passable, though.
- Reputation. Some customers say it didn’t work well for them.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 12-Serving Box (12-Day Supply): $14.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost
NOW Foods continues to impress us with its solid product line – clean ingredients and great transparency are some of its trademarks.
NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost is no exception, folks.
We’re sure this product will help give you that jolt you need through natural pathways.
Our verdict: NOW B-12 10,000 mcg Energy Boost is a great – not perfect – product which should serve as a solid pick-me-up.
Try it. If you love it, buy it.
If not, there are heaps of other energy boosters on the market you can try.