Perhaps you’re a serious lifter who’s had it with nagging joint issues.
We know. These can seriously hinder your progress at the gym.
Fear not. Animal Flex is here to save the day.
This joint support supplement has received widespread acclaim from customers. They say it’s a great bodybuilding product.
We are intrigued, to say the least.
We’re sure you will be, too. Enjoy the review, folks.
About Animal Flex
Animal Flex is “The Complete Joint Support Vitamin Stack” which helps “maintain healthy joint function, elasticity, and flexibility,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredients. One of the most comprehensive joint support supplements around.
- Extra vitamins and minerals. Help reduce oxidative stress and fatigue.
- Great reputation. Customers swear by its effectiveness.
Animal Flex Supplement Facts (5 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Pack
Servings Per Container: 44
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||9|
|Total Fat||1 g||<2%*|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||100 mg||167%|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate)||100 mg||333%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)||15 mg||100%|
|Selenium (as Sodium Selenite)||70 mcg||100%|
|Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate)||1 mg||50%|
|Joint Construction Complex||3000 mg|
|Glucosamine (as HCL, Sulfate KCl)||**|
|Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)||**|
|Chondroitin Sulfate C (CSC)|
|Joint Lubrication Complex||1000 mg|
|Flaxseed Oil (50% Alpha Linolenic Acid)||**|
|Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend|
|(Cetyl Myristoleaste**, Cetyl Myristate**, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetyl Laureate**, Cetyl Palmitoleate**, Cetyl Oleate**)|
|Joint Support Complex||1000 mg|
|Ginger Root Extract (Gingerois, Shogaols)||**|
|Turmeric Root (Curcumin)||**|
|Boswellia (Resin) (Boswellic Acid)||**|
|Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Maltodextrin, Gelatin, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Purified Water, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerine, Silicon Dioxide, Caramel Coloring, Pharmaceutical Glaze.|
|Directions For Animal Flex: Take one pack per day, either on an empty stomach or with a meal.|
The Complete ‘Foundational’ Joint Supplement for Serious Lifters
Well and good. You know they go a long way in helping prepare you for the grind at the gym.
Unfortunately, sometimes they’re not enough.
As human as you are, there are times when you have an occasional lapse of judgment – poor form and overtraining, to name a few.
The result: nagging joint discomfort.
We all have had days like that. Good thing there are joint support supplements such as Animal Flex to save the day.
If the name rings a bell, you’re on to something – it’s the same manufacturer which formulated Universal Nutrition Animal Whey.
Animal Flex is “The Complete Joint Support Vitamin Stack” which “helps support healthy joints and ligaments,” per its official website.
Sure sounds like a struggling lifter’s dream come true, doesn’t it?
The folks at Universal Nutrition compare your body to a big house. Your joints, ligaments, and tendons comprise the foundation – “the framework that supports your growing muscle,” per the company’s website.
Hard training “taxes muscle” and weakens connective tissue, per the same source.
The best part is yet to come, folks.
“Remember, when a foundation crumbles, the house is quick to follow, no matter how massive it might be,” per Universal Nutrition’s website.
We couldn’t agree more. You can kiss your lifting days goodbye if your joints and ligaments have too much wear and tear.
Enter Animal Flex, as comprehensive as any joint support supplement you’ll ever find.
First up is three grams of its Joint Construction Complex per serving.
The aim of this complex is to “help support connective tissue,” per the manufacturer.
A closer look reveals most of the usual joint support ingredients are present – glucosamine, methylsulfonymethane (MSM), chondroitin sulfate A (CSA), and chondroitin sulufate C (CSC).
These “naturally support joint health while strengthening the underlying cartilage and connective tissue,” per Universal Nutrition’s official website.
Glucosamine is an aminosaccharide which builds new cartilage. Check out some of its benefits:
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Boosts joint health
- Reduces joint discomfort
- Rebuilds tissue and bones
- Protects the gut lining
- Improves digestive function
With these, we’re sure Animal Flex will help you feel fresh as a daisy. Since glucosamine also has wonderful digestive-boosting properties, this bodes well for you if you take a separate post-workout supplement.
Now, when you pair up glucosamine with methylsulfonylmethane (simply known as MSM), good things happen.
MSM is an organic sulfur compound which helps ward off joint and muscle pain, boost digestion, and improve adaptability to stress.
Top these ingredients off with chondroitin sulfate A (CSA) and chondroitin sulfate C (CSC), and you’ve got it made.
Chondroitin is a major cartilage component. Manufacturers sometimes combine it with mineral salts to produce chondroitin sulfate to boost absorption.
Many experts tout chondroitin as the king of degenerative joint issue ingredients.
To a lesser extent, chondroitin also helps reduce the stress of heavy lifting at the gym.
So, in a nutshell, Animal Flex’s Joint Construction Complex is impressive, folks.
We feel three grams per serving is optimal. We’re confident this much will give your joints, cartilages, and connective tissues a much-needed boost.
However, it’s a shady proprietary blend – the manufacturer reveals the entire ingredient blend but fails to divulge those for the individual components.
Marketing tactics like this leave the customer short-changed. Boo.
Unfortunately, the two other complexes of Animal Flex are also proprietary. Thumbs down.
Next up is the Joint Lubrication Complex, which takes up one gram per five-gram serving.
“From a joint lubrication point of view, hyaluronic acid (HA), cetyl myristoleate (CMO), and flaxseed oil support the ‘lubricant’ needed to coat your joints and protect them from the constant grind of training,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
We’re stoked Animal Flex has flaxseed oil, which some fitness experts deem more potent than fish oil.
That’s because flaxseed oil has alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which has a whopping 50 to 60 percent of omega-3 fatty acids.
That much helps ward off inflammation and boost heart health. It’s a great asset to your recovery arsenal, believe us.
Plus, flaxseed oil also aids in weight loss and helps ward off nasty free radicals. Those are impressive bonuses, folks.
Another key ingredient of Animal Flex’s Joint Lubrication Complex is cetyl myristoleate.
If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s a combination of cetyl alcohol and myristoleic acid which helps keep inflammation at bay.
Okay, it’s clear cetyl myristoleate isn’t as time-tested as the likes of glucosamine, but has earned a decent reputation among consumers.
The good news: it has no reported side effects. Whew.
The final part of the Joint Lubrication Complex triumvirate is hyaluronic acid.
Many fitness experts say this ingredient is a great lubricant because of its ability to retain water. It also has great shock absorption properties – a major plus if you’re into heavy lifting.
In addition, hyaluronic acid helps improve skin health and reduce wrinkles.
We feel one gram of the Joint Lubrication Complex is a great complement to the powerful Joint Construction Complex. Awesome.
Finally, Animal Flex’s Joint Support Complex “utilizes natural herbal extracts to help address the free radical load,” per its official website.
Here, you can find anti-inflammatory ingredients such as ginger root extract, turmeric root, boswellia (resin), quercetin, bromelain.
Our take: these are solid choices. One gram per serving should help you keep the nasty effects of post-workout soreness at bay.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 9: You don’t expect a joint support supplement to have a high amount of calories. Animal Flex fits the bill at just nine per serving.
- Calories from fat, 9: All of this product’s calorie content is from fat, which is found mainly in its flaxseed oil component. Don’t fret, folks: it’s the good kind of fat which is good for your cardiovascular system.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 100 mg: Animal Flex is an outstanding source of ascorbic acid at a whopping 167 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent is high). Don’t be surprised: your body needs Vitamin C to produce collagen, the structural protein found in connective tissue.
- Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol succinate), 100 mg: This vitamin helps boost cell regeneration, which improves skin health and makes you look younger. Well, Animal Flex is sure to give you those benefits with its awesome 333 percent of the daily value for Vitamin E.
- Zinc (as zinc oxide), 15 mg: This mineral helps improve muscular function to reduce fatigue. Plus, it also helps prevent bone loss. We are confident Animal Flex will help you in these areas. Hard evidence: its incredible 100 percent DV for zinc.
- Selenium, 70 mcg (as sodium selenite): When you combine selenium with Vitamin E, good things happen, folks: this combo helps ward off oxidative stress and nasty free radicals. We’re also impressed with Animal Flex’s 100 percent DV for selenium. Awesome.
- Manganese (as manganese sulfate), 1 mg: Manganese helps increase superoxide dismutase (SOD) levels for a more potent anti-inflammatory defense. Fifty percent of the daily value for manganese ought to do the trick, folks.
Joint Construction Complex, 3000 mg
- Glucosamine (as HCL, sulfate 2KCl): Aminosaccharide which helps reduce inflammation and build tissues and bones. A virtual must when you’re purchasing a joint support supplement.
- Methylsulfonymethane (MSM): An organic sulfur compound which helps keep muscle and joint pain at bay. Great pair-up with glucosamine.
- Chondroitin sulfate A (CSA): A mucopolysaccharide found in human cartilage and skin.
- Chondroitin sulfate C (CSC): A glycosaminogylcan which helps improve joint degenerative tissue health.
Joint Lubrication Complex, 1000 mg
- Flaxseed oil (50 percent alpha linolenic acid): A tremendous source of omega-3 fatty acids which helps improve cardiovascular health and keep inflammation at bay.
- Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend: a combo of cetyl alcohol and myristoleic acid which helps prevent inflammation.
- Hyaluronic acid: acts an effective lubricant due to its great water retention prowess. Hyaluronic acid also has great shock absorption qualities.
Joint Support Complex, 1000 mg
- Ginger root extract (gingerois, shaogaols): its main bioactive compound, gingerol, helps ward off inflammation and free radicals. Ginger root extract also keeps muscle pain and soreness at bay.
- Turmeric root: Many fitness experts hail turmeric as the new superfood of the 21st century because of its exceptional anti-inflammatory properties.
- Boswelia (resin) (boswellic acid): The Indian version of frankincense which helps control inflammation and the breakdown of connective tissues.
- Quercetin: A potent flavonoid antioxidant which helps ward off inflammation, improve endurance, and boost heart health.
- Bromelain: An enzyme complex found in pineapples which helps minimize inflammation and swelling.
When the manufacturer said Animal Flex is the “Complete ‘Foundational’ Joint Supplement,” it sure wasn’t kidding.
You can see for yourself it’s a tremendous joint supplement from top to bottom.
Leading the charge are three grams of glucosamine, MSM, and chondroitin sulfate per serving.
These are the signature joint supplement ingredients, folks. You can’t go wrong with any of these.
As for the Joint Lubrication Complex (flaxseed oil, cetyl myristoleate proprietary blend, and hyaluronic acid), it should help prevent inflammation and do what it’s set out to do – lubricate your joints to help them withstand the training grind.
The Joint Support Complex is an awesome added touch. If you’re a health nut, you should know by now ginger root extract and turmeric are excellent ways to prevent inflammation.
The inclusions of boswelia, quercetin, and bromelain are a great insurance policy.
As if these were enough, the manufacturer did a great job in including other complementary vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, zinc, selenium, and manganese.
Their benefits are tremendous – less inflammation and oxidative stress, improved cell regeneration, and reduced fatigue.
Any time your joint support supplement has these vitamins and minerals, consider it a major bonus – your long-term health will also benefit.
It’s unfortunate the manufacturer included three proprietary blends in Animal Flex.
Like we said, proprietary blends are shady and deceiving. As a consumer, you deserve to know how much of an ingredient you’re putting in your body.
For that, the manufacturer flunks our transparency test.
Lastly, Animal Flex is somewhat expensive at $49.95, per the manufacturer’s official website.
Animal Flex Benefits
Animal Flex has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Effective doses of glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, CMO, and hyaluronic acid.
- Powerful formula
- Convenient packaging
- Helps boost joint and ligament health of serious weightlifters
We agree with all of these claims. Animal Flex is a comprehensive joint support supplement which can help you recover faster for better results.
Who Takes It?
Animal Flex is intended for “competitive strength or power athletes, those wanting joint and connective tissue support, and lifters looking for the simplicity of one-a-day dosing and convenient packs,” per its official website.
Any Side Effects?
We are happy to report Animal Flex has no glaring side effects. However, if any of the ingredients makes you feel doubtful, please do not hesitate to consult your physician before purchasing.
Animal Flex Summary
- Comprehensive ingredients. Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin sulfate, flaxseed oil, hyaluronic acid, ginger root extract, etc.
- Joint Construction Complex. Three grams of time-tested joint support ingredients per serving.
- Has flaxseed oil. Tremendous source of omega fatty acids for less inflammation and better heart health.
- Joint Support Complex. Say goodbye to inflammation with ginger root extract, turmeric root, boswelia, quercetin, and bromelain.
- Added vitamins and minerals. Help reduce oxidative stress and fatigue. They also help supercharge cell regeneration.
- Great reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Poor transparency. Manufacturer includes three proprietary blends. Boo.
- Expensive. Listed at $49.95 on manufacturer’s official website.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 220-gram pack (44-Day Supply): $49.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Animal Flex
We have spoken. The customers have also spoken.
Animal Flex is one comprehensive and effective joint support formula. In fact, it’s one of the best in the industry. Seriously.
It’s hard to argue with the ingredients, folks. Let them do the talking for us.
Even though Animal Flex has a few chinks, we highly recommend you take it. We’re confident you’ll make it your go-to joint support supplement.