Nowadays, antioxidant content seems to be the norm among vision support products.
The higher the antioxidant content, the better it is for your eyes.
Enter Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000.
We have a good feeling about this Aussie product – we feel it will make a tremendous impact on your long-term ocular health.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 is “an eye formula containing key antioxidant compounds found in bilberry, plus other important antioxidant nutrients to protect and maintain eye health,” per its official website.†Formula notes:
- Impressive eye antioxidant arsenal. One of the best among eye support products.
- Ten grams of bilberry fruit extract per serving. Insane amount for long-term eye health.
- Expensive. One 60-tablet bottle costs $44.41.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 Supplement Facts (60 Tablets)
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet (10.1 g)|
Servings Per Container: 60
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vaccinium myrtillus (Bilberry) fruit extract equiv. to fresh||10 g|
|stand. to contain anthocyanosides||25 mg|
|Tagetes erecta (Marigold) flower extract equiv. to dry||933 mg|
|stand. to contain lutein esters calc. as lutein||10 mg|
|Ascorbic acid||250 mg|
|d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate||165.3 mg|
|equiv. natural vitamin E||200 IU|
|Zinc (as citrate dihydrate)||25 mg|
|Copper (as gluconate)||1 mg|
|Directions: Adults and children over 12 years – Take 1 tablet, once or twice daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practicioner.|
Antioxidants for Eye and Macula Health
It turns out you need more than just Vitamin A to shore up your eye health.
Without question, this is the most popular eye support nutrient. Whole foods such as beef liver, carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, and broccoli are great sources of Vitamin A.
If you’ve checked out our B5 vision support reviews, you should have learned one important takeaway.
You need antioxidants for optimum ocular function.
Need hard evidence?
How about NOW Ocu Support, to begin with? We dubbed it the “ultimate source of eye antioxidants.”
Long story short, this product attacked any possible eye issue from all angles. It has the complete eye antioxidant arsenal, folks.
No wonder we gave this product a perfect grade.
Can Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 follow suit?
Our first impression: this supplement seems like the Aussie version of NOW Ocu Support.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000’s awesome antioxidant profile should be a dead giveaway.
Of course, the biggest ingredient is 10 grams of Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) fruit extract per serving.
Just so you know, this fruit is teeming with anthocyanins – polyphenolic components behind its blue/black color and impressive antioxidant content.
Here are bilberry’s important eye health benefits:
- Improves night vision
- Decreases vascular permeability
- Helps reduce damage to the retina
- Wards off macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts
Consuming bilberry to shore up eye health is nothing new – in fact, British fighter pilots ate bilberry jam to improve their night vision during World War II.
By doing so, they gained a distinct advantage over the opposition at night.
On that note, if you feel you need to improve your night vision, consuming bilberry is one natural (and delicious) way of doing so.
The good news: Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000’s 10 grams of bilberry fruit extract per serving has 25 milligrams of anthocyanosides as well.
We feel that will go a long way. No question about it.
Next up are 933 milligrams of Tagetes erecta (marigold) flower extract per serving.
This much includes 10 milligrams of lutein per serving.
You’d never thought a flower can have such a tremendous impact on your eyesight.
Yet marigold flower extract is one of the staple vision support ingredients on the market.
Our NOW Lutein review serves as hard evidence.
Marigold flower extract has several important benefits for the eyes:
- Helps keep inflammation at bay
- Keeps bacterial activity in check
- Complements the healing process
We think these are fantastic.
Lutein, another popular eye support ingredient, is a by-product of marigold flower extract.
It’s found in the macula (the part of the eye responsible for our center field of vision) and acts as an antioxidant by filtering out excessive harmful ultraviolet light from the eyes.
Lutein also helps your eyes in other ways:
- Improves vision
- Wards off macular degeneration
- Reduces eye fatigue
- Strengthens eye tissues
- Boosts visual acuity
Many vision support products have 10 milligrams of lutein per serving or so. We say the amount in Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 will help you in more ways than one.
This product’s third-biggest ingredient is 250 milligrams of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) per serving.
Vitamin C is more popularly known for its ability to ward off the common cold. If you think it can’t improve eyesight, think again.
First of all, don’t overlook its powerful antioxidant prowess – the main thrust of Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000.
Ascorbic acid helps form connective tissue such as collagen in the eye’s cornea.
Plus, it helps boost blood vessel health – this includes the capillaries in the retina.
Finally, Vitamin C helps keep cataracts and macular degeneration at bay.
The takeaway: never take ascorbic acid’s eye health benefits for granted again.
Two hundred fifty milligrams of Vitamin C per serving ought to do the trick.
Another key ingredient is 165.3 milligrams of d-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate (equal to 200IU of Vitamin E) per serving.
Some health experts say this is the best form of natural Vitamin E because of its antioxidant properties.
Vitamin E helps ward off macular degeneration. In fact, some experts say it reduces the risk by as much as 25 percent.
This ingredient also helps keep cataracts at bay.
Here’s what we have to say: any time you spot an eye support ingredient with both Vitamin C and Vitamin E, it’s worth buying.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 also has 25 milligrams of zinc per serving.
Now, don’t get the idea zinc is just good for testosterone-boosting benefits, folks.
Unknown to many, zinc is also found in the macula. This mineral teams up with Vitamin A to form melanin, a pigment which helps protect the eyes.
In addition, zinc also helps ward off macular degeneration.
We feel this mineral is a great inclusion in Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000.
The last two key ingredients are two milligrams of zeaxanthin and one milligram of copper per serving.
Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid and staple eye support ingredient which also acts as an antioxidant. It helps shield your eyes from ultraviolet light.
Copper also functions as an antioxidant and helps form healthy connective tissues in the eyes. It also helps ward off macular degeneration.
All in all, Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 pulls out all the stops, folks.
Its incredible antioxidant arsenal should help keep your eyes in tip-top shape for years to come.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) fruit extract equiv. to fresh (stand. to contain anthocyanosides, 25 mg), 10 g: Bilberry is loaded with antioxidants which help shore up your eye health. It also helps improve night vision and keep macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts at bay. Ten grams per serving is sure to make a tremendous impact.
- Tagetes erecta (marigold) flower extract equiv. to dry (stand. to contain lutein esters calc. as lutein, 10 mg), 933 mg: This ingredient contains lutein, an antioxidant which filters excessive ultraviolet rays from the eyes. Lutein also helps reduce eye fatigue, strengthen eye tissues, and boost visual acuity.
- Zeaxanthin, 2 mg: A carotenoid and antioxidant which helps protect the eyes from ultraviolet light. Two milligrams per serving or so is the standard amount you’ll see in most eye support products.
- Ascorbic acid, 250 mg: An underrated eye ingredient which helps improve blood vessel health and strengthen connective tissues – two vital aspects of long-term eye health. Vitamin C also helps keep cataracts and macular degeneration at bay.
- d-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate (equiv. natural Vitamin E, 200 IU), 165.3 mg: A natural form of Vitamin E which many health experts say is the best. It boosts Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000’s ability to ward off cataracts and macular degeneration considerably.
- Zinc (as citrate dihydrate), 25 mg: It turns out zinc is a vital part of the melanin equation. This mineral combines forces with Vitamin A to form the said pigment, which helps protect the eyes. Zinc also helps keep macular degeneration at bay.
- Copper (as gluconate), 1 mg: This mineral and antioxidant acts as an insurance policy – it helps strengthen connective tissues in the eyes and ward off macular degeneration.
Nowadays, manufacturers are using the power of antioxidants to boost your eye health.
The more, the merrier.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 is one such product. In fact, we believe it covers all the bases.
Try scouring your supplement store shelves, folks: you’re sure to find most of the key eye antioxidants in this product.
It contains many underrated ocular ingredients which should make a tremendous impact.
Without a doubt, one of them is bilberry fruit extract.
There’s no question 10 grams per serving will help improve night vision and stop cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration dead in their tracks.
The inclusion of marigold flower extract – a natural source of lutein – was a home run in our mind.
Lutein is another do-it-all eye support ingredient: it helps shield the eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays, reduce eye fatigue, and strengthen eye tissues.
No wonder many vision products have lutein. It’s just flat out impressive.
On the other hand, the powerful combo of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, zinc, and copper should help make macular degeneration a thing of the past.
On that note, we believe you will enjoy impeccable eye health for years to come when you supplement with Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000.
Make sure to pass it on to your kids and grandkids while you’re at it.
We also love the manufacturer’s transparency. Aussie bodybuilding supplement companies have a great reputation.
Herbs of Gold is no different, folks: in fact, it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends and fillers, either. Awesome.
Just about the only downside of Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 1000o is its price: one 60-tablet bottle costs approximately $44.41.
That’s almost the price of some 5-lb. protein powder containers on the market.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 Benefits
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Perfect for macula and eye health
- Contains a 5:1 ratio of lutein to zeaxanthin
- Potent source of bilberry anthocyanosides
We agree with all of these claims. Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 is one eye support product which should exceed your expectations.
Who Takes It?
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 is intended for healthy individuals ages 12 and above who want to improve eye health and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 contains zinc, a mineral which may be detrimental to long-term health if taken in large amounts.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 Summary
- Perfect source of eye antioxidants. One of the best on the market. Period.
- Ten grams of bilberry fruit extract per serving. Insane amount for better night vision and overall eye health.
- Ten milligrams of lutein per tablet. Versatile antioxidant.
- Contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Potent vitamin combo which helps ward off macular degeneration.
- Clean ingredients. Awesome.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Expensive. One 60-tablet bottle costs approximately $44.41.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 60-Tablet Bottle (60-Day Supply): $44.41
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000
If you’ve been looking for a vision support product teeming with antioxidants, your arduous search is over.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 lives up to the hype and more.
This supplement has just about every eye antioxidant you need for great, long-term ocular health.
We highly recommend you buy it. Like we said, pass it on to your kids and grandkids as well.