How about trying a BCAA supplement which will help increase your muscle pumps?
More specifically, a BCAA product with l-citrulline malate, a known nitric oxide precursor.
Enter RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA.
We’re confident it will find a place in your supplement stack. Enjoy the review, folks.
About RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is an “Advanced BCAA Powder for Increased Strength and Recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. For more muscle mass, fat loss, and increased endurance.
- L-citrulline malate content. Popular nitric oxide precursor.
- Reasonable price. Currently sells for just $15.00 on manufacturer’s official website.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA Supplement Facts (Watermelon, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size: 8.8 g|
Servings Per Container: 50
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||10 mg||3%|
|Sodium (as Sodium Citrate)||47 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Chloride, Raw Coconut Water Concentrate)||105 mg||3%|
|BCAA 2:1:1 Blend|
|L-Citrulline Malate||1,000 mg||**|
|Raw Coconut Water Concentrate||250 mg||**|
|Black Pepper Fruit Extract (BioPerine®)||5 mg||**|
|Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Citric Acid, Red # 40.|
|Directions For ReGen BCAA: Mix one scoop per 8-10 oz. of cold water before, during or after your workout. On non-training days, consume throughout the day.|
Advanced BCAA Formula
If you’re into bodybuilding but haven’t tried a BCAA supplement, you’re missing out.
Just so you know, here are the benefits of BCAAs:
- Help boost protein synthesis
- Increase muscle mass
- Preserve muscle mass
- Torch fat
- Maintain hormone balance during exercise
- May increase strength
- Help ward off fatigue and muscular soreness
- Boost overall health
We told you so.
We’re confident you’ll muscle up in no time.
If that won’t blow you away, nothing will.
As potent as RSP Nutrition AminoLean is, some negatives (caffeine content, proprietary blends, and dirty ingredients) pulled its value down.
Now, we’re hoping another BCAA product from the same manufacturer, RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA, does it one better.
The company dubs this supplement an “Advanced BCAA Powder for Increased Strength and Recovery,” per its official website.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is also an “Anytime BCAA Powder Designed to Increase Strength, Hydration, Pump, and Recovery,” per the same source.
That’s what we want to hear.
The product description perfectly captures the essence of a true BCAA product.
It would be interesting to see if the product holds out until the end.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA’s main ingredient is three grams of leucine per serving following a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
Leucine is the most anabolic amino acid because it helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
How does leucine do this?
Simple: it helps activate a special muscle-building protein known as mTOR.
Long story short – no leucine, no muscle.
Plus, some fitness experts believe leucine also helps you preserve hard-earned muscle mass.
They also say this BCAA helps incinerate fat by instigating the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus (the part of the brain which helps regulate hormone function).
Just how awesome is that?
Three grams of leucine per serving is solid for a BCAA supplement.
We feel this much will help keep you in an anabolic state before, during, after your workout, or throughout the day.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA also has 1.5 grams of isoleucine per serving.
Check out its benefits:
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Ramps up energy levels
- Helps produce hemoglobin (a protein in red blood cells which transports oxygen in the body)
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth
- Repairs muscle tissue
We’re sure these benefits will encourage you to make BCAA supplementation a regular part of your lifestyle.
We feel 1.5 grams of isoleucine per serving will go a long way.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA also has the same amount for its valine component.
For its part, valine also has an impressive list of benefits:
- Helps regulate the nervous system
- Boosts cognitive function
- Improves sleep quality
- Quells anxiety
- Helps suppress appetite
- Repairs muscle tissue
- Ramps up exercise endurance
We say 1.5 grams of valine per serving will help you achieve your fitness goals.
The fourth key ingredient of RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is one gram of l-citrulline malate per serving.
If you’re into pre-workout supplements, you may be familiar with this popular ingredient by now.
L-citrulline malate is an amino acid compound derived from watermelon.
This ingredient also helps boost l-arginine levels, a known nitric oxide precursor.
When you have ample amounts of nitric oxide in your system, expect improved blood flow, healthier blood pressure levels, better nutrient uptake, and more insane muscle pumps.
L-citrulline malate also helps increase endurance, boost insulin levels, utilize BCAAs during exercise, and ramp up human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
No wonder l-citrulline malate is so popular among bodybuilding enthusiasts.
As for us, we’re glad it’s in RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA. One gram per serving should make a tremendous difference.
This product also has 250 milligrams of raw coconut water concentrate per serving.
If l-citrulline malate is a staple pre-workout ingredient, you’ll find coconut water in many BCAA products and post-workout supplements.
Simply put, it’s a great recovery ingredient – and that’s putting it mildly, folks.
Check out what coconut water can do for you:
- Rich in electrolytes such as potassium, which are critical for numerous bodily functions
- Low in sugar and calories
- Good source of Vitamin B and Vitamin C
- Compatible with just about everyone
Perhaps you should consider using coconut water as your base liquid for your post-workout shakes.
Well, we think it’s awesome RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA has it. Two hundred fifty milligrams per serving ought to suffice.
Finally, this supplement has five milligrams of black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine).
Supplement junkies know this ingredient helps improve nutrient absorption.
By maximizing nutrient uptake, black pepper fruit extract allows you to reap the full benefits of RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA.
Simply put, it’s icing on the cake.
All in all, RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA seems to be a better and safer version of the aforementioned RSP Nutrition AminoLean.
The former is the epitome of great transparency. We’ll take this one over the latter (which has three proprietary blends) any time of day.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), 10 mg: A mineral known for its ability to improve cardiovascular health. Unfortunately, RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is not a significant source of magnesium at just three percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is low).
- Sodium (as sodium citrate), 47 mg: Sodium helps restore electrolyte balance, boost hydration, and keep muscle cramps at bay. This product’s two percent of the daily value for sodium is safe even for individuals who are monitoring their salt intake (preferably five percent of the daily value or lower).
- Potassium (as potassium chloride, raw coconut water concentrate), 105 mg: A mineral known for its cardiovascular health benefits. RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is not a significant source of potassium at just three percent of the daily value.
- L-leucine, 3,000 mg: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis. This supplement’s three grams of leucine per serving should help your body remain in an anabolic state throughout the day.
- L-isoleucine, 1,500 mg: A BCAA which helps regulate blood sugar levels, restore a positive nitrogen balance, repair muscle tissue, and increase energy levels, and shorten recovery time.
- L-valine, 1,500 mg: A BCAA which helps improve sleep quality, lower anxiety levels, boost cognitive function, regulate the nervous system, and suppress appetite.
- L-citrulline malate, 1,000 mg: An amino acid compound and precursor of nitric oxide which helps boost energy and human growth hormone (HGH) levels, boost nutrient uptake, improve blood flow, regulate blood pressure levels, and increase muscle pumps.
- Raw coconut water concentrate, 250 mg: A rich source of electrolytes, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C which is low in sugar and calories. It’s perfect for recovery purposes.
- Black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine), 5 mg: An ingredient which helps improve nutrient absorption for better overall results.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is one awesome supplement, folks.
In fact, we think it sets the bar high for BCAA products – it’s downright simple, but it makes a powerful impact.
First up is the 2:1:1 BCAA ratio featuring a solid three grams of leucine per serving.
It bears repeating: we say this much leucine per scoop will help you build muscle mass and remain in an anabolic state all day long.
As for the two other BCAAs (valine and isoleucine), their 1.5 grams each per serving will also go a long way.
We feel the underrated star here is the l-citrulline malate component (one gram per serving).
In fact, it’s one of the things which sets RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA apart from the rest of the pack.
When you take this supplement, expect better nutrient uptake, healthier blood pressure levels (the low sodium content is also a plus factor), and increased endurance.
Oh, and don’t forget about those insane muscle pumps.
Some fitness experts believe between the two known nitric oxide precursors, l-arginine and l-citrulline malate, the latter gets the nod because it has better absorption properties.
Well, we’re glad the manufacturer made the better choice.
The inclusion of 250 milligrams of raw coconut water concentrate per serving was also a stroke of genius.
Why? Think about the electrolytes which your body needs on a daily basis. Plus, coconut water also helps fill those Vitamin B and Vitamin C gaps.
This ingredient will help boost your recovery. No question about it.
Adding five milligrams of black pepper fruit extract is a mere insurance policy: your body will fully utilize all of RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA’s ingredients.
That bodes well for your long-term health and fitness goals.
Other pluses: RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is low in sodium and has great transparency (the manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts).
So, this is a perfect product, isn’t it?
Not so fast.
Things were going great until we spotted several dirty ingredients – sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40.
Sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) is an artificial sweetener which has several side effects, including gastrointestinal discomfort.
As for FD&C Red No. 40, an artificial food coloring, it, too, has several side effects.
Why the manufacturer ruined a good thing with these is way beyond us.
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA Benefits
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving for more muscle mass and shorter recovery time
- Helps increase circulation and boost nutrient uptake
- Raw coconut water and key electrolytes for better hydration
- Great taste
- No caffeine and sugar
We agree with most of these claims. RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is a decent product which will help you achieve your fitness goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass, lose fat, increase strength and endurance, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
This supplement’s Watermelon flavor also has FD&C Red No. 40, an artificial food coloring which also has several side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA Summary
- Good ingredient combo. Helps you reap most of a BCAA supplement’s benefits.
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. Follows a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
- Three grams of leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid
- One gram of l-citrulline malate per serving. Helps improve blood flow and increase muscle pumps.
- Raw coconut water concentrate. Rich source of electrolytes for increased hydration and recovery.
- BioPerine content. Helps improve nutrient absorption.
- Low in sodium. Just two percent of the daily value.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it good marks online.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Reasonable price. Currently sells for just $15.00 on manufacturer’s official website.
- Dirty ingredients. Sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40 for Watermelon flavor. Boo.
- Taste. Customers have given it mixed reviews.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Serving Container (30-Day Supply): $15.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA
We told you RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA sets the bar high.
It it perfect?
Nope. We spotted a few chinks (dirty ingredients and mixed reviews on taste).
Nonetheless, you can clearly see the pros far outweigh the cons.
We daresay it’s also a better option than RSP Nutrition AminoLean because of better transparency and zero caffeine content.
With that, we recommend you buy RSP Nutrition ReGen BCAA and reap its benefits many customers already have.
Now, if only the manufacturer can come up with a cleaner and better-tasting formula.