Have you ever tried a BCAA product which can also serve as your pre-workout supplement?
We’re sure many consumers will salivate at the thought.
Presenting RSP Nutrition AminoLean – a BCAA formula which will jack you up like no other.
We bet this review has gotten you pumped up by now.
About RSP Nutrition AminoLean
RSP Nutrition AminoLean is a BCAA supplement with “Anytime Aminos with Natural Energy Designed to Build Muscle and Burn Fat,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Potent ingredients. One of the more potent BCAA formulas we’ve seen.
- One hundred twenty-five milligrams of caffeine per serving. Equal to one cup of coffee.
- Great taste. One of the best-tasting BCAA products on the market.
RSP Nutrition AminoLean Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size: Two Scoops (7.8 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Amino Acid Blend||5,000 mg||**|
|L-Taurine, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn®), L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L- Glutamine, L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Tyrosine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine Hydrocholoride, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine|
|Fat Loss Blend||1,500 mg||**|
|Conjugated Linoleic Acid Powder, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (Leaf) (Standardized for 50% EGCG), Green Coffee Extract (Bean).|
|Natural Energy and Focus Blend***||130 mg||**|
|Caffeine (from green tea), Theobromine, Pterostilbene|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Gum Blend (Cellulose, Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carageenan), Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Silicate, Red # 40|
***Total caffeine from all sources is equal to 125 mg per serving.
|Directions For AminoLean Energy Formula: Take 2 scoops anytime throughout the day. Recommend to take lower dosage in the evenings and higher dosage in the morning and on training days.|
† Do not exceed more than 8 scoops in any 24 hour period. Do not exceed 6 scoops in any 4 hour period. Use on both training and non-training days.
Anytime Aminos with Natural Energy Designed to Build Muscle and Burn Fat
In this day and age, BCAAs are a must if you’re into bodybuilding supplements.
As an active individual, you need a convenient source of amino acids to help keep your body in an anabolic state all day long.
BCAAs are more than up to the task. Check out what they can do for you, folks:
- Increase protein synthesis and muscle mass
- Preserve muscle
- Help incinerate fat
- Maintain hormone balance during training
- May ramp up strength
- Help keep fatigue at bay
- Ward off muscle soreness
- Improve overall health
Whew. What’s not to like here?
Let’s see if RSP Nutrition AminoLean is a worthy addition to your recovery shakes.
Many customers have raved about this product. They say it helps increase their energy levels and shorten their recovery time.
Of course, we’ll take their word for it.
The manufacturer dubs this product as “Anytime Aminos with Natural Energy Designed to Build Muscle and Burn Fat,” per its official website.
Well, that’s what you want in a BCAA product: if it can help you reap the benefits we mentioned and then some, it’s a game changer.
On that note, it’s obvious RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s goals are to build muscle, torch fat, and increase energy levels.
Look no further than its three blends:
- Amino Acid Blend – comprised of the three BCAAs and other amino acids
- Fat Loss Blend – made up of different thermogenic ingredients
- Natural Energy and Focus Blend – made up ingredients to help ramp up energy levels
Sounds good. However, all three are shady proprietary blends.
Notice the folks at RSP Nutrition didn’t divulge the individual ingredient amounts. Instead, they just revealed the amount of each blend.
We said it before, we’ll say it again: how can a consumer know if he or she is overdosing or underdosing on a particular ingredient?
It’s not possible.
So much for our expectations for this product. We hope it can make up for this shortcoming.
The Amino Acid Blend is the major ingredient group of RSP Nutrition AminoLean. It takes up five grams per 7.8-gram serving (two scoops).
Our first impression: we’re confident these time-tested amino acids can help you pack on lean muscle mass and increase energy levels.
Many protein and post-workout supplements have five grams or so of leucine (the most anabolic amino acid) alone.
They need to: these products are geared mainly toward building muscle mass and kickstarting protein synthesis.
Since muscle mass is just one of the many goals of a BCAA product, don’t expect it to have as much leucine.
However, knowing how much leucine RSP Nutrition AminoLean has wouldn’t hurt one bit. Too bad we won’t be able to know.
Of course, the two other BCAAs (isoleueine and valine) complement leucine in many ways: they help increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and regulate the immune system.
Now, if you want a fuller, muscular appearance, taurine may just be the amino acid you need.
It helps increase muscle cell volume capacity. In other words, when you supplement with taurine, your muscles can retain more water.
Not only that, taurine also helps increase exercise endurance.
Speaking of which, you can also exercise longer and harder with RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s beta-alanine component.
More specifically, this product has the top-notch beta-alanine brand, CarnoSyn. It’s the best in the business, folks. Trust us.
When you take beta-alanine, your muscle carnosine levels increase. When that happens, your enjoy increased work capacity and greater endurance.
Hey, we’re confident these will complement the endurance benefits of BCAAs. Say goodbye to the days when you were left gasping for air at the gym.
Aren’t you glad RSP Nutrition AminoLean has CarnoSyn?
This product also has a well-known pre-workout ingredient in l-citrulline.
This non-essential amino acid helps increase exercise performance. As a precursor of nitric acid, l-citrulline has several other important benefits:
- Helps improve blood flow
- Boosts nutrient uptake
- Increases muscle pumps
- Regulates blood pressure levels
- Improves heart health
It just so happens RSP Nutrition AminoLean also has l-arginine, another nitric oxide precursor.
Needless to say, l-citrulline and l-arginine have similar fitness benefits.
However, some people maintain the latter doesn’t work as well as the former.
Some fitness experts believe l-citrulline has better absorption properties, which makes it a more viable option than l-arginine.
Nonetheless, we’re stoked both of them are in RSP Nutrition AminoLean.
Who would have imagined a BCAA product giving you a potent double dose of nitric oxide for more awesome muscle pumps throughout the day?
Another impressive component of the Amino Acid Blend is l-glutamine, the most abundant amino acid.
We’ve dubbed l-glutamine a Jack of all trades among amino acids. Check out the reasons why:
- Helps preserve muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Regulates the digestive and immune systems
- Keeps nasty free radicals at bay
- Boosts athletic performance
Score one for the RSP Nutrition team here. We also like the other components of its impressive Amino Acid Blend.
Next up is 1.5 grams of its Fat Loss Blend per 7.8-gram serving (two scoops).
At the forefront is conjugated linoleic acid powder.
Also known as CLA, this ingredient helps jack up your base metabolic rates for increased fat loss.
That’s just for starters, folks.
CLA also helps increase strength and endurance. It also helps ward off free radicals.
RSP Nutrition AminoLean also has a popular bodybuilding supplement ingredient, l-carnitine l-tartrate.
This is a form of the fat-burning amino acid, l-carnitine, bonded to tartaric acid.
Fitness experts believe l-carnitine l-tartrate stimulates fat loss after exercise. That’s the time this ingredient ramps up fat oxidation levels.
Plus, l-carnitine l-tartrate helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels and ward off muscle soreness.
The simple takeaway: it goes above and beyond the call of duty as a fat-burning component.
The last two ingredients of RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s Fat Loss Blend are green tea extract and green coffee extract.
These two components contain caffeine (although green coffee doesn’t contain as much as regular coffee), which helps boost thermogenesis and fat metabolism.
While we’re on the subject of caffeine, we’re particular with its inclusion in bodybuilding supplement ingredients.
Note RSP Nutrition AminoLean has a total of 125 milligrams of caffeine from all of its ingredients.
Clearly, this product’s caffeine content is similar to a regular cup of coffee’s (which typically has 100 to 200 milligrams).
Caffeine may cause a spike-crash effect and jitters in some individuals. For everybody’s benefit, it’s better if a supplement resorts to other pathways which increase energy levels and torch fat.
We’re not saying RSP Nutrition AminoLean is a fluke product. It would have been better if the company used other means aside from caffeine.
Nevertheless, we believe its green tea and green coffee components will help you incinerate fat in conjunction with regular exercise and sound nutrition.
Finally, RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s Natural Energy and Focus Blend takes up 130 milligrams per serving.
Okay, so it also has caffeine from green tea. We already aired our side on the matter.
As for the next two ingredients, you don’t see them on a BCAA product often.
First up is theobromine, an alkaloid which are present in cocoa beans.
Experts believe its stimulant effects are not as powerful as caffeine. The good news: theobromine won’t compromise your central nervous system.
Plus, it helps lower blood pressure and ward off cough.
The final ingredient is pterostilbene, a powerful antioxidant found in grapes and almonds.
One of its impressive benefits is its ability to improve cognitive function, and consequently, focus.
Pterostilbene also helps keep inflammation at bay, regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels, ward off free radicals, and boost weight loss.
In terms of safety, experts say high doses may increase cholesterol levels. So far, the pros outweigh the cons, so we’re all in on pterostilbene.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
Amino Acid Blend, 5,000 mg
- L-taurine: An amino acid which helps increase cell volume capacity for more muscle mass.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn): Helps increase muscle carnosine levels, which, in turn, increases muscle work capacity and endurance.
- L-leucine: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
- L-isoleucine: A BCAA which helps regulate blood sugar levels, maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and shorten exercise recovery.
- L-valine: A BCAA which helps increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, and regulate the immune system.
- L-glutamine: The body’s most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, boost the digestive and immune systems, and ward off free radicals.
- L-citrulline: A natural precursor nitric oxide, which helps improve blood flow, increase muscle pumps, boost nutrient uptake, and regulate blood pressure levels.
- L-arginine: Another nitric oxide precursor with similar benefits as l-citrulline. However, some fitness experts maintain l-arginine has poorer absorption properties.
- L-tyrosine: This ingredient helps improve the absorption of other amino acids and lower stress levels. It should help offset the questionable absorption properties of l-arginine.
- L-histidine: An amino acid which is a precursor of hemoglobin, the protein which transports oxygen in red blood cells.
- L-lysine hydrochloride: An essential amino acid which helps keep free radicals at bay and reduce anxiety levels.
- L-phenylalanine: an amino acid which helps increase energy levels and boost metabolism.
- L-threonine: An essential amino acid and precursor of glycine and serine, two other amino acids which help produce collagen and muscle tissue.
- L-methionine: An amino acid which helps strengthen bones, boost weight loss, and keep free radicals at bay.
Fat Loss Blend, 1,500 mg
- Conjugated linoleic acid powder: Helps increase base metabolic rase, strength, and endurance. CLA also wards off nasty free radicals.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate: A form of l-carnitine which helps torch fat after exercise. It also helps keep muscle soreness at bay.
- Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis)(leaf)(standardized for 50 percent EGCG): A potent ingredient which helps burn fat, ward off free radicals, and improve heart health.
- Green coffee extract (bean): Helps boost metabolism, suppress appetite, lower bad cholesterol levels, improve blood circulation, and increase energy levels.
Natural Energy and Focus Blend, 130 milligrams
- Caffeine (from green tea): The world’s most famous stimulant. While not as potent as caffeine from coffee, it may still produce some side effects in some individuals.
- Theobromine: A stimulant which pales in comparison to caffeine. The good news: it helps regulate blood pressure levels.
- Pterostilbene: A potent antioxidant in grapes and almonds which helps increase focus, ward off inflammation, keep free radicals at bay, and ward off inflammation.
After a thorough analysis, we conclude RSP Nutrition AminoLean is not your ordinary BCAA supplement.
We mean that in a good way, of course.
The formula is about as comprehensive as it gets, folks. If you knew an ordinary BCAA supplement helps build muscle mass, increase energy levels, and torch fat, this product takes it to a different level.
Check out its potent Amino Acid Blend – it has just about every amino acid benefit imaginable.
We like the inclusions of l-citrulline malate and l-arginine – a potent double dose of nitric oxide for more insane muscle pumps.
All in all, we feel five grams of the Amino Acid Blend per serving will get the job done.
Ditto for the 1.5 grams worth of the Fat Loss Blend and 130 milligrams worth of the Natural Energy and Focus Blend.
Our only apprehension is the high caffeine amount (125 milligrams per serving).
So, when you supplement with RSP Nutrition AminoLean, it’s like drinking one cup of coffee.
While this may be good for some, it isn’t for others. Like we said, caffeine may produce spike-crash and jittery side effects in some people.
On that note, do not take RSP Nutrition AminoLean close to bed time. You may end up tossing and turning.
Still, this product takes the road less traveled. Hard evidence: the inclusions of theobromine and pterostilbene.
We have yet to see evidence these two ingredients will backfire. Besides, the latter is an antioxidant – you should bombard your body with these for long-term health.
Many customers also swear by RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s great taste. We agree – it’s one of the better-tasting BCAA formulas on the market today.
On the flip side, we already told you about the manufacturer’s use of shady proprietary blends.
For that, the company gets a big, fat F for transparency.
RSP Nutrition AminoLean’s Frut Punch flavor also has three dirty ingredients in carrageenan, sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), and FD&C Red No. 40.
What’s worse is other flavors (such as Blackberry Pomegranate) have four.
Just so you know, carrageenan is a food additive. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (via the Cornucopia Institute) has dubbed it “a possible human carcinogen.”
Watch out, folks.
RSP Nutrition AminoLean Benefits
RSP Nutrition AminoLean has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps boost muscle recovery
- Builds lean muscle mass
- L-carnitine content for increased metabolism and energy
- CLA content for body fat breakdown
- Caffeine content to increase energy levels
We agree with all of these claims. RSP Nutrition AminoLean is one potent BCAA product which can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
RSP Nutrition AminoLean is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build lean muscle mass, boost muscle protein synthesis, increase focus and energy levels, lose fat, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Please note one serving of RSP Nutrition AminoLean contains 125 milligrams of caffeine per serving. This ingredient may produce spike-crash effects or jitters in some individuals.
This product’s Fruit Punch flavor also contains carrageenan, sucralose (Splenda), and FD&C Red No. 40 – ingredients which have certain side effects.
Finally, RSP Nutrition contains beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), an ingredient which may cause a tingling sensation in the skin.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
RSP Nutrition AminoLean Summary
- Potent ingredients. This is one powerful BCAA formula. Take our word for it.
- Amino Acid Blend. Five grams of anabolic power.
- Fat Loss Blend. Potent time-tested ingredients.
- Natural Energy and Focus Blend. Nice finishing touch.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Great taste. One of the better ones in the BCAA category.
- Caffeine content. Has 125 milligrams of caffeine per serving.
- Proprietary blends. Manufacturer fails to divulge individual ingredient amounts. Boo.
- Dirty ingredients. Fruit Punch flavor has carrageenan, sucralose (Splenda), and FD&C Red No. 40.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Serving Container (30-Day Supply): $29.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on RSP Nutrition AminoLean
It bears repeating: RSP Nutrition AminoLean is one potent BCAA formula, folks.
In fact, we think it can also act as your pre-workout supplement.
Look no further than the caffeine content.
Taking everything into consideration, we feel RSP Nutrition AminoLean has a tremendous upside.
However, proprietary blends, dirty ingredients, and the caffeine content take their toll.
We recommend you try this product, at the very least. Please do so at your own risk.