Quick, what’s the most unique BCAA supplement you’ve tried?
Here’s what we got for you: a BCAA product which has nootropics and TeaCrine.
Presenting RSP Nutrition AminoFocus, a BCAA supplement like no other.
You’ll see what we mean in this review.
About RSP Nutrition AminoLean
RSP Nutrition AminoLean “is formulated to be the ideal amino solution for fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and competitors looking for a product to support mental focus, muscle growth, and training intensity during workouts or on non-training days to support maximum recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Unique ingredients. BCAA product with nootropics and TeaCrine, anyone?
- Increases muscle pumps. Courtesy of l-citrulline and l-arginine components.
- Affordable. Currently sells for just $20.00.
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus Supplement Facts (Strawberry Kiwi, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops (7.5 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Caffeine (from green tea)||125 mg||**|
|Theacrine (TeaCrine® 30%)||100 mg||**|
|Amino Blend||5,000 mg||**|
|L-Taurine, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn®), L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine, L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Tyrosine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine|
|Focus Blend||600 mg||**|
|Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (AlphaGPC 50%), CDP Choline|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Red Beet Juice Powder (for color), Calcium Silicate, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium|
|DIRECTIONS FOR AMINOFOCUS: As a dietary supplement, mix two scoops of AminoFocus in 8-10 oz. of cold water (vary amount of water by taste preference).|
For Low Intensity: 1 serving (2 scoops).
For Moderate Intensity: Use 2 servings (4 scoops).
For High Intensity: Use 3 servings (6 scoops).
Anytime Aminos with Natural Energy
We hope you’ve read our B5 BCAA reviews by now.
Here’s the key takeaway: start reaping the benefits of branch-chained amino acids now.
Here are what BCAAs can do for you:
- Increase protein synthesis
- Ramp up and preserve muscle mass
- Incinerate fat
- Maintain hormone balance during training
- May increase strength
- Help keep fatigue and muscle soreness at bay
- Shorten recovery time
- Improve overall health
Long story short, BCAAs are versatile supplements which can help you achieve your fitness goals sooner than later.
Both are good in their own right, although the latter is the better choice because its pros far outweigh its cons.
RSP Nutrition BCAA products have a reputation for having great ingredients.
On the flip side, some of them also have fillers.
Let’s hope RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has none.
Better yet, let’s hope it’s the best BCAA supplement RSP Nutrition has manufactured to date.
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus “is formulated to be the ideal amino solution for fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and competitors,” per its official website.
It’s a product which supports “mental focus, muscle growth, and training intensity during workouts or non-training days to support maximum recovery,” per the same source.
We like that. It sounds awesome.
The folks at RSP Nutrition also say this product acts as “an extra kick for an intense workout” or a “pick-me-up in the morning or late afternoon.”
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus “delivers the ideal solution for both, providing a customized experience based on your energy needs,” per its official website.
Like we said, it boils down to versatility. That’s what BCAA supplements are all about.
Let’s see if RSP Nutrition AminoFocus is up to the task.
The star of the show is five grams of its Amino Blend per serving.
We like what we saw: a potent combination of amino acid superstars such as BCAAs, l-taurine, beta alanine, l-citrulline, and l-arginine, among others.
Nice. We’re sure they’ll make an impact.
However, we also didn’t like one thing: RSP Nutrition AminoFocus’ Amino Blend is proprietary in nature.
If you pay close attention, the manufacturer revealed the amount of the entire blend but failed to divulge those for its components.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer’s inconsistency continues (the aforementioned RSP Nutrition AminoLean also has proprietary blends).
Nonetheless, we feel the components of the Amino Blend will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Of course, we start things off with leucine – the most anabolic amino acid.
Leucine helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis by activating a special protein known as mTOR.
We said it before, we’ll say it again, folks: no leucine, no muscle.
Many BCAA products have three grams of leucine per serving or so. It’s too bad we won’t know how much leucine RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has.
Next up is isoleucine, another key BCAA.
Check out its key benefits:
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Shortens post-workout recovery
- Regulates metabolism
- Helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance
- Increases endurance
- Repairs muscle tissues
It’s natural these benefits complements those of valine, another BCAA found in RSP Nutrition AminoFocus.
Valine helps regulate the nervous and immune systems, improve sleep quality, repair muscle tissues, and ramp up endurance.
When you supplement with RSP Nutrition AminoFocus, you can expect an increase in muscle mass and muscle pumps.
Look no further than this product’s taurine, l-citrulline, and l-arginine components.
Taurine helps increase water volume in muscle cells, giving your muscles a fuller appearance (it acts similarly to creatine in this instance).
That’s just the beginning. Taurine also has a heap of other benefits:
- Improves exercise performance and insulin sensitivity
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps manage stress and quell anxiety
- Torches fat
- Wards off oxidative stress
- Boosts heart and brain health
- Improves sleep quality
- Ramps up testosterone levels
When you testosterone levels increase, so do your muscle mass and strength.
Taurine is one amazing Jack of all trades, isn’t it?
We also like the inclusion of l-glutamine, which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, regulate digestive system health, increase muscle tissue hydration, and keep inflammation at bay.
Now, if you’re looking for a potent vasodilator, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has it.
It’s known as l-citrulline, folks.
This watermelon extract helps improve blood flow, regulates blood pressure levels, increases nutrient uptake, ramps up HGH levels, and creates awesome muscle pumps.
Aren’t you glad it’s in RSP Nutrition AminoFocus?
This supplement will give you a double dose of l-citrulline’s benefits because it also has l-arginine, another potent vasodilator.
These two ingredients have similar benefits. However, some experts argue l-arginine has poor absorption properties.
Because of that, l-citrulline is the better choice.
When you take RSP Nutrition AminoFocus, expect increased endurance levels because of the inclusion of beta-alanine.
This ingredient increases levels of muscle carnosine in your system. When that happens, you experience greater resistance against fatigue and increased physical working capacity.
Not only that, this product uses CarnoSyn – the best brand of beta-alanine on the market.
Now you know why beta-alanine is a popular ingredient among many post-workout products.
Just be careful, folks: beta-alanine may produce a tingling sensation known as parasthesia in some individuals (although experts believe this happens when a person consumes single doses of 800 milligrams or more).
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus also has 600 milligrams of its Focus Blend per serving.
We spotted another shady proprietary blend. Boo.
This product’s focus blend has three components:
- Choline bitartrate: This nootropic is a simple form of choline, a form of B complex vitamin. It helps improve memory, increase focus, and regulate mood.
- Alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha GPC 50 percent): Simply known as Alpha GPC, this ingredient helps improve memory, boost cognitive function, and increase cell strength.
- CDP choline: A water-soluble nutrient which helps boost the central nervous system, improve liver and mental function, increase energy levels, and improve heart health.
Despite its proprietary nature, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus’ Focus Blend is still impressive: we have yet to find another BCAA supplement which has its ingredients.
On that note, we also have yet to stumble upon a BCAA product which has Theacrine (also known as TeaCrine).
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has 100 milligrams per serving, to be more precise.
“A nature-identical compound, TeaCrine delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood,” per its official website.
“It does not increase heart rate or blood pressure and is not a stimulant,” per the same source.
That’s a relief.
However, the manufacturer of TeaCrine also says this ingredient is found in coffee. Coffee has caffeine; and caffeine, well, has side effects (spike-crash effects and jitters).
To make things even trickier, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has another 125 milligrams of caffeine per serving.
The good news: the manufacturer derived it from green tea, whose caffeine content isn’t as strong as coffee.
Still, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has caffeine. We’re a bit wary of that because of the possible side effects.
If the manufacturer’s intention was to concoct an effective pick-me-up, it could have resorted to more natural pathways instead.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Caffeine (from green tea), 125 mg: The world’s most popular stimulant. While caffeine helps increase focus, boost liver health, and ward off free radicals, it may also produce a spike-crash or jittery effect in some individuals. We’re glad RSP Nutrition AminoFocus’ derives its caffeine content from green tea, which is not as potent as coffee.
- Theacrine (TeaCrine 30 percent), 100 mg: A rare compound found in BCAA products which helps increase energy levels, improve mental clarity, and regulate mood. Some fitness experts maintain it does not produce the side effects other stimulants do.
Amino Blend, 5,000 mg
- L-taurine: An amino acid which helps increase water volum in muscle cells for a more muscular appearance. L-taurine also helps boost heart health and increase testosterone levels.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn): a naturally-occurring beta amino acid which helps increase physical working capacity.
- L-leucine: The BCAA which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis. Some fitness experts believe leucine also helps preserve muscle mass and torch fat.
- L-isoleucine: A BCAA which helps regulate blood sugar levels, regulate metabolism, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
- L-valine: The BCAA which helps regulate the nervous and immune systems, increase endurance, and repair muscle tissue.
- L-glutamine: An amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase HGH levels, regulate gut health, and increase muscle tissue hydration.
- L-citrulline: A potent vasodilator which helps improve blood flow, increase nutrient uptake, regulate blood pressure levels, and increase muscle pumps.
- L-arginine: Has similar benefits as l-citrulline. However, some experts believe it has poor absorption properties.
- L-tyrosine: An amino acid which helps lower stress levels and increase the absorption of amino acids. L-tyrosine should offset l-arginine’s mediocre absorption properties perfectly.
- L-histidine: This is an amino acid precursor of histamine, which helps regulate the immune system. L-histidine also plays a key role in synthesizing proteins.
- L-lysine hydrochloride: An essential amino acid which helps quell anxiety and boost bone and skin health.
- L-phenylalanine: An amino acid which acts as a nootropic.
- L-threonine: An essential amino acid which boosts cardiovascular, liver, central nervous, and immune system health. L-threonine also helps strengthen connective tissues and muscles.
- L-methionine: An essential amino acid which helps ward off nasty free radicals, strengthen bones, and increase weight loss.
Focus Blend, 600 mg
- Choline bitartrate: A simple form of choline which helps boost memory, increase focus, and regulate mood.
- Alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha GPC 50 percent): Another ingredient which helps improve memory and boost cognitive function.
- CDP choline: A water-soluble nutrient which helps ramp up energy levels and improve liver and heart health.
Here’s our take on RSP Nutrition AminoFocus: take the product name for what it means, folks.
By that, we mean “amino” and “focus” – we are confident this product can help you remain in an anabolic state, increase your focus, and be the pick-me-up the manufacturer intended it to be.
By the way, this is one of the most unique BCAA supplements we’ve seen so far.
Do you need increased muscle protein synthesis?
Leucine to the rescue.
How about some awesome muscle pumps and improved blood flow?
Look no further than this product’s l-citrulline and l-arginine components.
It’s clear RSP Nutrition AminoFocus’ five grams of the Amino Blend per serving has all of the anabolic benefits you want in a BCAA supplement.
These are just for starters, folks.
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus’ Focus Blend (600 milligrams per serving) helps sets it apart from the rest of the pack.
We dare you to name a BCAA product which relies on the likes of choline bitartrate, Alpha GPC, and CDP choline to increase your focus.
The inclusions of 125 milligrams of caffeine from green tea and 100 milligrams of Theacrine per serving are guaranteed to perk you up.
We were a bit wary of Theacrine. However, studies reveal it doesn’t produce the effects of regular caffeine.
On that note, the caffeine from green tea should produce a mild jolt. It shouldn’t be as strong as the kick you’d get from your cup of Joe.
Nonetheless, it’s still caffeine – more natural pathways of ramping up energy levels would have been better.
On the other hand, we like the inclusion of red beet juice powder – it’s a great way to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
You know what’s even better?
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus currently sells for just $20 on the manufacturer’s official website.
Customers also swear by RSP Nutrition AminoFocus – they say it helps ramp up their energy levels.
On the flip side, it was obvious RSP Nutrition AminoFocus is a flawed product from the get-go.
Like we said, this product has several proprietary blends.
You won’t know if you’re getting ample amounts of leucine. You won’t know if you’re overdosing on beta-alanine, either (too much may produce a tingling sensation in some folks).
For that, we give the manufacturer a C for transparency (to its credit, it divulges the amounts of caffeine and Theacrine).
Finally, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener with several side effects.
Stevia (a plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) would’ve been better.
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus Benefits
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has the following benefits, per its official website:
- TeaCrine for increased energy and focus
- BCAAs and essential amino acids for a comprehensive amino acid profile
- Natural nootropics for better mental focus
- Natural caffeine from green tea
We agree with all of these claims. RSP Nutrition AminoFocus is a unique BCAA product which should help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus “is formulated to be the ideal amino solution for fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and competitors looking for a product to support mental focus, muscle growth, and training intensity during workouts or on non-training days to support maximum recovery,” per its official website.
Any Side Effects?
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus has beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), an ingredient which may produce a tingling sensation in some individuals.
This product also has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
RSP Nutrition AminoFocus Summary
- Unique ingredients. Harnesses the powers of amino acids, nootropics, Theacrine, and caffeine.
- Amino Blend. Combines BCAAs and essential amino acids.
- Focus Blend. Nootropics which help increase focus.
- Increased muscle pumps. Courtesy of l-citrulline and l-arginine components.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it good reviews online.
- Affordable. Currently sells for just $20 on manufacturer’s official website.
- Proprietary blends. Manufacturer doesn’t divulge individual ingredient amounts of Amino Blend and Focus Blend.
- Dirty ingredient. Has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda).
- Caffeine content. Even though this comes from green tea, it’s still caffeine.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 225-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $20.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on RSP Nutrition AminoFocus
All in all, RSP Nutrition AminoFocus is a solid – not perfect – BCAA product which should help you achieve your fitness goals.
It’s unlike any BCAA supplement we’ve sized up – the TeaCrine and nootropic components serve as hard evidence.
They should make a difference.
We recommend you at least try RSP Nutrition AminoFocus. If all goes well for you, it should be a keeper.