It’s rare to find a bodybuilding supplement with impressive BCAA and essential amino acid profile. Well, this ProSupps HydroBCAA review proves the search doesn’t have to be arduous. In fact, the trend may become more popular sooner than later.
About ProSupps HydroBCAA
ProSupps HydroBCAA “is a delicious, refreshing and complete formula that combines the power of both a research-validated 2:1:1 ratio BCAA with essential amino acids (EAAs) to deliver a comprehensive solution for preventing muscle breakdown and speeding exercise recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Ten grams of essential amino acids per scoop. Impressive amount, to say the least.
- Seven grams of BCAAs per serving. Two grams higher than the industry average.
- Expensive. One 435-gram container costs $89.99.
ProSupps HydroBCAA Supplement Facts (Blackberry Lemonade, 435 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (14.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||50 mg||4%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||50 mg||12%|
|Sodium (as sodium citrate)||50 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as potassium chloride)||100 mg||2%|
|2:1:1 BCAA Blend||7,000 mg||**|
|L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine|
|EAA Blend||3,000 mg||**|
|L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Lysine, L-Histidine, L-Tryptophan, L-Methionine|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Fruit & Vegetable Juice Powder (for color), Acesulfame Potassium.|
|Directions: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (14.5 g) of HydroBCAA™ with 8-10 fl. oz. of cold water. HydroBCAA™ can be consumed prior to training, during training and after training for maximum efficiency.|
The Full-Spectrum BCAA And EAA Matrix
We hope you’ve checked out our B5 BCAA reviews by now. We’re sure you’ll stumble upon some impressive bodybuilding supplements in that range.
One top-notch BCAA product which comes to mind is Amino Charger Hydration. Its six grams of BCAA per serving and Total Electrolyte Complex will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Another BCAA supplement worth considering is ALLMAX AMINOCORE. Its 8.18 grams of BCAAs per 10.5-gram scoop will surely give you the anabolic edge you need.
We’re hoping we can give ProSupps HydroBCAA high marks as well. Mind you, this is not your ordinary BCAA supplement. It harnesses the powers of BCAAs and essential amino acids (EAAs).
This product “is a delicious, refreshing and complete formula that combines the power of both a research-validated 2:1:1 ratio BCAA with essential amino acids (EAAs) to deliver a comprehensive solution for preventing muscle breakdown and speeding exercise recovery,” per its official website.
Not only that, but the folks at ProSupps claim this powerful one-two punch helps ramp up protein kinase levels (an enzyme which ensures proteins repair and build muscle tissues) much higher than BCAAs alone.
The manufacturer also rattles off additional benefits of this potent combo:
- Maximizes protein synthesis
- Increases lean muscle growth
- Boosts glucose uptake
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Wards off post-exercise soreness
- Keeps muscle breakdown at bay
It sure sounds good to us. BCAAs (which are also essential amino acids) alone pack a tremendous wallop. When you include other EAAs in the equation, it bodes well for your long-term fitness goals. From the looks of things, ProSupps HydroBCAA is a supplement worth considering.
2:1:1 BCAA Blend, 7 g
The good news: ProSupps HydroBCAA has an impressive seven grams of BCAAs per serving. That much easily trumps the likes of MHP BCAA-XL (five grams per serving) and MRM BCAA + G (five grams per serving).
If you think about it, five grams of BCAAs per serving or so is optimal. In fact, Starkie Sowers of Huntington College of Health Sciences says, “Some good studies indicated 5.6 grams of BCAAs two times a day improved weight lifting recovery and improved muscle stability.”
The takeaway: ProSupps HydroBCAA is one step ahead of the competition. Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop will help you reap their impressive benefits:
- Increase muscle protein synthesis
- Boost fat loss
- Support hormone balance during exercise
- Ramp up strength
- Ward off fatigue and muscle loss
- Keep muscle soreness at bay
- Improve insulin sensitivity
The bad news: ProSupps HydroBCAA’s 2:1:1 BCAA blend is proprietary in nature. The manufacturer didn’t break down the individual BCAA amounts. That’s not good for the consumer. He has no idea how much of each ingredient he’s putting in his body.
Figuring out the individual BCAA amounts should be easy, though. If you do the math, seven grams of BCAAs per scoop on a 2:1:1 ratio equals 3.5 grams of l-leucine and 1.75 grams each of l-isoleucine and l-valine per serving.
We believe that much l-leucine per scoop will help ramp up muscle protein synthesis. Bear in mind this is the most anabolic amino acid. No other amino acid increases muscle mass as much as l-leucine does.
As for the l-isoleucine and l-valine amounts, we say they’re optimal. You’ll increase your endurance, repair muscle tissue, regulate blood sugar levels, and shorten your recovery time, among other things.
Long story short, ProSupps HydroBCAA has one of the highest BCAA amounts we’ve seen in this product range. That’s saying something. The best part: the manufacturer wasn’t content with just plain BCAAs. It gets better from here on out.
EAA Blend, 3 g
Just how many BCAA supplements include all essential amino acids (EAAs) in their formulas? Not too many, it seems.
First off, there are nine essential amino acids. The body doesn’t synthesize these. One must obtain them from whole foods or supplements. ProSupps HydroBCAA has all nine EAAs. This BCAA supplement hits it out of the park. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Let’s check out the six other EAAs:
- L-threonine: Helps maintain the body’s proper protein balance. L-threonine is also a precursor of glycine and serine, two amino acids which help produce muscle tissue and collagen (the protein found in connective tissue).
- L-phenylalanine: Helps regulate the central nervous system (CNS) and enhance mood.
- L-lysine: Helps regulate the immune system, produce hormones, and maintain good bone health.
- L-histidine: Helps maintain optimal tissue health, boost sexual function, and detoxify the body.
- L-methionine: Helps the body eliminate excess fats. L-methionine also plays a key role in the production of creatine, the popular bodybuilding supplement which helps increase muscle mass and exercise performance.
- L-tryptophan: Helps the body maintain proper hormone balance, regulate the immune system, synthesize serotonin and melatonin for better sleep, and act as a precursor to niacin (simply known as vitamin B3, which helps boost heart health).
These EAAs also help produce cellular energy and digestive enzymes, keep muscle breakdown at bay, and protect the mitochondria (an organelle which supplies cellular energy), per the manufacturer’s official website.
We agree with these claims. We’re sure ProSupps HydroBCAA’s powerful EAA arsenal will help you achieve your fitness goals and boost your long-term health.
More importantly, we’re certain these six other essential amino acids will complement ProSupps HydroBCAA’s 2:1:1 BCAA Blend perfectly. Like the manufacturer earlier said, this combo effectively ramps up protein kinase levels much higher than BCAAs alone.
Unfortunately, the EAA Blend is also proprietary in nature. It would’ve been far better if the company divulged the individual ingredient amounts.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calcium, 50 mg: ProSupps HydroBCAA is not a significant source of calcium at just four percent of the daily value (a value of five percent or lower is minuscule).
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), 50 mg: This BCAA supplement’s magnesium content is average at 12 percent of the daily value. This ingredient helps boost mineral absorption, quell anxiety, regulate blood sugar levels, improve heart health, ramp up energy and testosterone levels, and promote better sleep quality.
- Sodium (as sodium citrate), 50 mg: ProSupps HydroBCAA’s two percent of the daily value for sodium is a safe bet for individuals who are monitoring their salt intake.
- Potassium (as potassium chloride), 100 mg: ProSupps HydroBCAA is not a significant source of potassium at a measly two percent of the daily value.
2:1:1 BCAA Blend, 7 g
- L-leucine: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. Leucine also helps preserve muscle mass and boost fat loss.
- L-isoleucine: A branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) which helps ramp up glucose uptake, increase endurance levels, repair muscle tissue, regulate blood sugar levels, produce hemoglobin, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- L-valine: A BCAA which helps quell anxiety, improve sleep quality, increase endurance levels, repair muscle tissue, boost immunity, and protect muscle tissues.
EAA Blend, 3 g
- L-threonine: Helps maintain the body’s proper protein balance and act as a precursor of glycine and serine (two amino acids which help produce muscle tissue and collagen, the protein found in connective tissue).
- L-phenylalanine: An EAA which helps boost the central nervous system (CNS) and enhance mood.
- L-lysine: This EAA helps safeguard the immune system, produce hormones, and promote good bone health.
- L-histidine: An EAA which helps boost tissue health and sexual function. L-histidine also helps detoxify the body.
- L-methionine: This EAA helps eliminate excess fats from the body. L-methionine also plays a key role in creatine production.
- L-tryptophan: An EAA which helps the body maintain proper hormone balance, boost the immune system, improve sleep quality, and act as a precursor to niacin or vitamin B3.
If you want a bodybuilding supplement which is more than just BCAAs, ProSupps HydroBCAA is right up your alley. Many BCAA supplements are content with branched-chain amino acids, which is fine. However, this product kicks it up a notch.
All in all, you will feed your body with 10 grams of essential amino acids per 14.5-gram scoop. That already includes the insane seven grams of BCAAs per serving.
Like we said, five grams of BCAAs per serving or so is optimal. Well, the folks at ProSupps aren’t satisfied. They want you to really reap the full benefits of BCAAs. No can dispute the fact seven grams per scoop will do just that.
The l-leucine content is good, to say the least. You’ll get 3.5 grams of this muscle-building BCAA per scoop. That much should help ramp up muscle protein synthesis.
As for the l-isoleucine and l-valine content, we say they’re impressive. We’ll say this much: not too many BCAA supplements can keep up with ProSupps HydroBCAA’s 1.75 grams each of these two BCAAs. Get ready to increase your exercise endurance and repair muscle tissue, among other things.
ProSupps HydroBCAA’s EAA Blend (which takes up three grams per serving) will complement the 2:1:1 BCAA Blend perfectly. We already laid out the plethora of health benefits the other six EAAs give you. Now, go out and reap them.
This supplement is also a so-so source of magnesium at 12 percent of the daily value. It isn’t over-the-top, but it will help boost heart health, quell anxiety, and the like.
We’re also thankful this product has no artificial food colorings such as FD&C Red No. 40. Many manufacturers fall into this trap. Not this one. It uses natural alternatives such as fruit and vegetable juice powder and beet root powder. We like that move.
ProSupps HydroBCAA isn’t perfect, by any means. Like we said, this product has two proprietary blends. For that, we give the manufacturer a D for transparency (at least it divulged the electrolyte amounts).
This BCAA supplement also has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to weight gain. It would have been better if the company used stevia, a natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure levels.
ProSupps HydroBCAA also doesn’t enjoy the stellar reputation of other big-name BCAA supplements. We hope it will, in due time. For now, the manufacturer must iron out the kinks.
Finally, this bodybuilding product doesn’t come cheap. The folks at ProSupps lists its retail price at a ridiculous $89.99 on its official website. If you want this supplement, better purchase it somewhere else.
The takeaway: ProSupps HydroBCAA has both upsides and downsides. Nonetheless, its stellar essential amino acid and BCAA profiles should make it a cut above the rest in those regards.
ProSupps HydroBCAA Benefits
ProSupps HydroBCAA has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Comprehensive formula
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop
- Three grams of EAAs per serving
- No sugars, carbs, and artificial flavors
We agree with most of these claims. ProSupps HydroBCAA’s key features make it a supplement worth considering.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended ProSupps HydroBCAA for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass and endurance, shorten recovery time, boost fat loss, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
ProSupps HydroBCAA contains sucralose, an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to weight gain.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying ProSupps HydroBCAA.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
ProSupps HydroBCAA Review Summary
- Ten grams of EAAs per serving. Product includes all nine essential amino acids. Impressive feat.
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop. Easily trumps the average BCAA supplement.
- High leucine content. Our computation reveals it yields 3.5 grams of l-leucine per scoop.
- EAA Blend. Complements the 2:1:1 BCAA Blend perfectly.
- Decent source of magnesium. Twelve percent of the daily value.
- No artificial food colorings. You won’t find FD&C Red No. 40 and the like here.
- Flavor options. Comes in Blackberry Lemonade, Dragon Fruit, Miami Vice, Passion Fruit, Pink Lemonade, Sex on the Beach, Strawberry Kiwi, and Texas Tea varieties.
- Poor transparency. Product has two proprietary blends. Thumbs down.
- Sucralose content. Artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain.
- Reputation. Not as known as other big-name BCAA supplements.
- Expensive. One 435-gram container costs a ridiculous $89.99 on manufacturer’s official website.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 435-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $89.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on ProSupps HydroBCAA
No other BCAA supplement measures up to ProSupps HydroBCAA’s superior BCAA and total essential amino acid content. In fact, it’s one of the most impressive we’ve seen to date.
On that note, we’re certain these ingredients will help you muscle up, torch fat, increase endurance, and remain in an anabolic state all day long.
Unfortunately, ProSupps HydroBCAA’s several chinks pull its value down. It’s a relatively new player in the bodybuilding supplement industry, so it has time to get its act together.
We don’t think a BCAA supplement with poor transparency and sucralose is worth $89.99. You can still try it, but do so at your own expense. On that note, we’re clamoring for a cheaper, cleaner, and more honest formula from the manufacturer.