If you’ve been searching far and wide for a BCAA supplement which will help you increase muscle mass, today’s your lucky day: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO should help you muscle up and then some, as you’ll find out in this review.
About BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO “is a simple, straightforward product. Each scoop delivers a healthy seven-gram dose of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) as well as other essential amino acids, electrolytes, and an absorption enhancer,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop. One of the highest in this product line.
- 4.5 grams of l-leucine per serving. Highest we’ve seen among BCAA supplements.
- Insane source of vitamin B12. Yields an impressive 1,000 percent of the daily value.
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO Supplement Facts (Cucumber Lemon, 300 grams)
|Serving Size: 10 g (1 rounded scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||3%|
|Vitamin B12||60 mcg||1,000%|
|Instantized (BCAA)||(7000 mg)||†|
|Essential Amino Acid Blend*||(1078 mg)||†|
|Electrolyte Blend*||(290 mg)||†|
|BCAA Absorption Enhancer*||(50 mg)||†|
|AstraGin® (Panax notoginseng (root) & Astragalus Membranaceous (root))|
|Other Ingredients: Chicory Inulin, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural Falvors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium|
|Directions: Add 1 rounded scoop to 16-20 oz. of water and stir, shake or blend for 30 seconds or until the powder has been completely dispersed. Consume within 60 days of opening.|
Built for the Way You Train
Some branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) supplements go the extra mile. They include other components which help bodybuilding enthusiasts achieve their fitness goals.
One of these is GAT Sport FLEX BCAAs. You not only get a solid seven grams of BCAAs per serving, but you also get extra doses of vitamin B6, vitamin B12, l-carnitine, and coconut water powder. No wonder product endorser and champion bodybuilder Sadik Hadzovic is the envy of many.
Another one is ALLMAX AMINOCORE, which has a whopping 8.18 grams of BCAAs per scoop and an impressive B vitamin arsenal. These will ramp up your energy levels for your workouts, for sure.
If you’re talking about versatility, BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO should be in the conversation. Not only does it hold its own in terms of BCAA content, but it also has an impressive essential amino acid (EAA) and electrolyte profile to boot.
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO “is a simple, straightforward product. Each scoop delivers a healthy seven-gram dose of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) as well as other essential amino acids, electrolytes, and an absorption enhancer,” per its official website.
This seems to be a well-rounded product from the get-go. If BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO exceeds expectations, it should be another versatile BCAA supplement worthy of a spot on your supplement stack.
Instantized BCAA, 7,000 milligrams
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO has an outstanding seven grams of BCAAs per 10-gram scoop. That much should help you reap the full benefits of BCAA supplements:
- Boost long-term health
- Ward off muscle soreness
- Increase endurance
- Regulate hormone balance during training
- Ramp up fat loss
- Increase and preserve muscle mass
Seven grams per serving is also right up there with the aforementioned GAT Sport FLEXX BCAA (seven grams per scoop). It also isn’t too far behind ALLMAX AMINOCORE (8.18 grams per scoop). Not too many competitors can measure up to these. That puts BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO in some elite company.
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO has 4.5 grams of l-leucine and 1.25 grams each of l-isoleucine and l-valine per serving. First off, this is an unusual BCAA ratio. The most common among BCAA supplements is two parts l-leucine for every part l-isoleucine and l-valine (2:1:1 BCAA ratio).
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO closely resembles a 3.5:1:1 BCAA ratio, which we’ve never seen before (a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio is more common). Will it work? Well, if the 4.5 grams of l-leucine per scoop is any indication, we’re sure it will.
That much l-leucine is high for a BCAA product. Of course, we mean that in a good way. On average, BCAA supplements yield roughly two to three grams of l-leucine per serving. To say BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO goes the extra mile is a major understatement. We’re confident you will build serious muscle mass when you consume this product.
Plus, the generous amount of l-leucine should help shorten your recovery time. Huntington College of Health Sciences faculty member Starkie Sowers says, “Exercise recovery and the degradation of proteins are reduced with the use of BCAAs, especially leucine.” We agree wholeheartedly.
For their part, the l-isoleucine and l-valine amounts are at par with your average BCAA supplement (which yields approximately a gram per scoop or so). Both help tremendously in terms of muscle tissue repair and exercise endurance. BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s l-isoleucine and l-valine content should help you in those regards.
One word comes to mind when we sized up BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s Instantized BCAA blend: outstanding. Seven grams of BCAAs and 4.5 grams of l-leucine per serving set the bar high. Make no mistake about it. Other BCAA supplements will find it hard to keep up.
Essential Amino Acid Blend, 1,078 milligrams
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s Essential Amino Acid Blend helps set it apart from the rest of the field. It’s one of those rare BCAA supplements which include essential amino acids (like ProSupps HydroBCAA).
Bear in mind your body cannot synthesize EAAs (hence the term “essential”). You must obtain them from whole foods and supplements. Check out their collective fitness benefits:
- Ward off muscle catabolism while in a fasted state
- Shorten recovery time
- Increase muscle protein synthesis (MPS)
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s Essential Amino Acid Blend takes up 1.078 grams per scoop. We’re confident this much will help you reap the aforementioned benefits.
It’s worth noting this blend has five EAAs (l-lysine HCl, l-phenylalanine, l-threonine, l-histidine, and l-methionine). Bear in mind BCAAs are also essential in nature. On that note, Blackmarket RECOVERY AMINO has eight of the nine essential amino acids. That’s an impressive feature. Not too many BCAA supplements can boast of it.
Unfortunately, the Essential Amino Acid Blend is proprietary in nature – the manufacturer fails to break down each individual EAA. That leaves the consumer completely in the dark. The company’s transparency takes a hit as a result.
Electrolyte Blend, 290 milligrams
If you want to shorten your recovery time further, electrolytes are key. According to the August 10, 2011 issue of Journal of Sports Sciences (via Olympiatoppen.no), ” Hypohydration and hyperthermia can negatively influence the physiological responses to exercise and aerobic exercise performance. These effects can, however, be reduced by consumption of appropriate fluids and electrolytes (sodium).”
The good news: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO supplies your body with 290 milligrams of electrolytes per serving. These electrolytes include sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and trisodium citrate.
These, with the exception of trisodium citrate, are common among many bodybuilding supplements. It turns out this electrolyte can improve exercise performance.
According to the British Journal of Sports Medicine’s official website, “The ingestion of 0.5 mg of sodium citrate per kg of body mass shortly before a five-kilometer running time trial improves performance in well-trained college runners.”
This seems to be a credible assessment. With that, we’re sure the Electrolyte Blend’s different components will work synergistically to boost your hydration and shorten your recovery time.
Once again, the manufacturer doesn’t reveal the individual ingredient amounts. Its transparency is getting worse the deeper we go into our analysis. It’s not a good sign at all.
BCAA Absorption Enhancer, 50 milligrams
The lone component of BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s BCAA Absorption Enhancer is 50 milligrams of AstraGin [Panax notoginseng (root) and Astragalus membranaceous (root)] per scoop.
“AstraGin is a U.S.-, Taiwan-, and China-patented, 100 percent natural food ingredient that has shown in cell, animal, and human studies to support the absorption of many essential life-supporting and health-promoting nutrients, such as amino acids and vitamins into human cells,” per its official website.
Long story short, this ingredient should help improve nutrient absorption and bioavailability for better long-term results. Expect AstraGin to help your body absorb BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s BCAA, EAA, and electrolyte components efficiently.
Our first impression: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s superb BCAA, l-leucine, essential amino acid, electrolyte, and vitamin B12 content set the bar high. However, poor transparency and the inclusion of a dirty ingredient (sucralose, a.k.a. Splenda) take their toll.
Nonetheless, BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO is a decent BCAA supplement which should help you achieve your fitness goals.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 35: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO is a low-calories supplement at just 35 per scoop.
- Carbohydrate, 1 g: This BCAA supplement’s carb content represents a measly one percent of the daily value (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
- Dietary fiber, 1 g: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO is not a significant source of fiber at just three percent of the daily value.
- Vitamin B12, 60 mcg: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO has an insane 1,000 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12, which helps boost heart health and increase energy levels. This much trumps those of some big-name energy boosters. Pretty impressive, if you ask us.
- Chloride, 118 mg: This product is not a significant source of chloride at just three percent of the daily value.
- Potassium, 36 mg: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO is not a significant source of potassium at just one percent of the daily value.
- Sodium, 74 mg: This BCAA supplement’s sodium content represents just three percent of the daily value, which is safe for those who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- L-leucine, 4,500 mg: The most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO has one of the highest l-leucine content among BCAA supplements at an impressive 4.5 grams per serving.
- L-isoleucine, 1,250 mg: This BCAA helps regulate blood sugar levels, produce hemoglobin, shorten recovery time, maintain a positive nitrogen balance, ramp up endurance, and repair muscle tissue.
- L-valine, 1,250 mg: The BCAA which helps quell anxiety, improve sleep quality, increase exercise endurance, repair muscle tissue, and increase muscle growth.
- AstraGin [Panax notoginseng (root) and Astragalus membranaceous (root)], 50 mg: A natural ingredient which helps improve nutrient absorption and bioavailability for better overall results.
Essential Amino Acid Blend, 1,078 mg
- L-lysine hydrochloride: An essential amino acid (EAA) which helps keep stress levels in check, regulate blood sugar levels, and ward off canker sores.
- L-phenylalanine: An EAA which helps regulate the central nervous system (CNS), regulate mood, and boost memory and concentration. Phenylalanine also acts as a precursor of the neurotransmitters epinephrine, dopamine, and norepinephrine.
- L-threonine: An EAA which helps the body maintain a proper protein balance. It’s also a precursor of glycine and serine, two amino acids which play a key role in muscle tissue production.
- L-histidine: An EAA which helps maintain tissue health and regulate sexual function.
- L-methionine: An EAA which helps the body eliminate excess fats. It also plays a key role in the production of creatine, a nutrient which helps increase muscle mass and athletic performance.
Electrolyte Blend, 290 mg
- Sodium chloride: An electrolyte which helps transport nutrients, contract muscles, transmit nerve signals, and maintain the body’s correct fluid balance.
- Potassium chloride: An electrolyte which helps regulate the nervous system, maintain optimal fluid balance, enhance cognitive function, ward off muscle cramps, and regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Trisodium citrate: An electrolyte which may improve exercise performance.
The manufacturer wasn’t kidding when it said BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO “is a no-nonsense product designed to help maintain and develop lean muscle,” per its official website.
Look no further than its seven grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) and 4.5 grams of l-leucine per 10-gram scoop. It bears repeating: this product’s BCAA content is in the upper echelon of this bodybuilding supplement category.
Many competitors can muster between two to three grams of BCAAs per serving. BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO leaves them completely in the dust. It gives other big-name BCAA supplements such as GAT Sport FLEX BCAAs and ALLMAX AMINOCORE a serious run for their money.
In fact, BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO emerges as the king of l-leucine content among BCAA products. It outdoes the two others by a considerable margin (GAT Sport FLEXX BCAAs has 3.5 grams per serving while ALLMAX AMINOCORE has 3.681 grams per serving). Who would’ve thought? We sure didn’t see that coming.
It doesn’t stop there. BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO also has eight of the nine essential amino acids (EAAs). These will help keep catabolism at bay, shorten recovery time, and ramp up muscle protein synthesis (MPS), for sure. Long story short, this product is a great way to get your EAA fix.
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO’s Electrolyte Blend ensures your body achieves the right fluid balance after a hard training session at the gym. This will also boost hydration for shorter recovery time.
Let’s also not forget about the whopping 1,000 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12, an ingredient which helps improve cardiovascular function and ramp up energy levels. Like we said, some big-name energy boosters wouldn’t be able to keep up. That’s saying something.
To top it all off, 50 milligrams of AstraGin per serving will help improve nutrient absorption. This ensures better long-term results. Too bad BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO doesn’t get the recognition it deserves from customers. We’re hoping this will change sooner than later.
Make no mistake about it: BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO will make a strong impact on your lifestyle. However, it’s by no means a perfect BCAA supplement.
For one, the manufacturer fails to break down the individual components of the Essential Amino Acid Blend and Electrolyte Blend. In other words, the company’s transparency didn’t impress us one bit.
Finally, the manufacturer laces this impressive formula with sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which may increase obesity. Stevia, a natural alternative which regulates blood pressure levels, would have been the far better option.
Despite these chinks, we’re confident BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO will make serious noise in the BCAA supplement category for years to come. If the company can iron out the kinks, this product has the potential to dominate bodybuilding supplement rankings far and wide.
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO Benefits
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Seven grams of instantized BCAAs
- 4.5 grams of muscle-building l-leucine
- 1.25 grams each of l-isoleucine and l-valine
- 1.078 grams of EAAs
- 290 milligrams of key electrolytes
- 50 milligrams of AstraGin
These ingredient amounts speak for themselves. We’re confident these will help you achieve your fitness goals over the long haul.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass, boost fat loss, ramp up energy levels, improve exercise performance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO contains sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has links to obesity.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO Review Summary
- Seven grams of instantized BCAAs per scoop. One of the highest amounts among BCAA supplements.
- 4.5 grams of l-leucine per serving. Emerges king of l-leucine content among BCAA products.
- Contains eight of the nine EAAs. These help ward off catabolism and increase muscle protein synthesis.
- Insane vitamin B12 content. Equal to a whopping 1,000 percent of the daily value.
- Electrolyte Blend. Helps boost hydration and maintain optimal fluid balance after a hard workout.
- AstraGin. Ingredient which helps boost nutrient absorption for better overall results.
- Flavor options. Comes in Cucumber Lemon, Peach, and Pear varieties.
- Proprietary blends. Company doesn’t reveal individual ingredient amounts of Essential Amino Acid Blend and Electrolyte Blend.
- Sucralose. Artificial sweetener which may increase obesity.
- Unknown reputation. Not as known as other big-name BCAA supplements.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 300-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO
BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO may be an up-and-coming player in the bodybuilding supplement industry, but it sure made a good impression on us. Its emergence as King of Leucine Content among BCAA supplements is quite an achievement, if you ask us. We’re confident it’ll help you muscle up, and then some.
While BlackMarket RECOVERY AMINO may not be a perfect product, it’s still solid from top to bottom. We recommend you buy it and reap its benefits from here on out.