BCAA supplements are sometimes just BCAAs. Which is fine, ’cause BCAAs are great on their own. In this review, however, we are covering BCAAs with a twist: Nutrex Amino Charger Hydration. Enhanced with electrolytes and coconut water powder, this sports nutrition supplement mixes into a drink that replenishes fluids to max out gains. Read on to get all the details on this hybrid BCAA product.
About Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration is the “All-in-One BCAA & Hydration” and “a true standout in the amino and BCAA product category,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. Optimal amount for BCAAs among post-workouts, in the ideal 2:1:1 ratio for superior muscle-building results.
- Vaunted Amino Acid Hydration Complex. Combo of taurine, magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate, and coconut water powder.
- Expensive. A 14.1-oz (399-gram) container costs $39.99.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration Supplement Facts (Mangoberry Lemonade, 399 grams)
|Serving Size: 13.3 g (Approx 1 scoop)|
Servings Per Container: About 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|TOTAL ELECTROLYTE COMPLEX|
|Calcium (as Calci-K® calcium potassium phosphate citrate)||63mg||6%|
|Phosphorus (as Calci-K® calcium potassium phosphate citrate)||31mg||3%|
|Magnesium (as TRAACS® Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate, TRAACS® Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate)||62mg||15%|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride) (as trisodium citrate)||200mg||8%|
|Chloride (from sodium chloride) (from potassium chloride)||230mg||6%|
|Potassium (as Calci-K® calcium potassium phosphate citrate) (as potassium chloride)||160mg||5%|
|CLINICALLY DOSED BCAA 2:1:1||6g||*|
|AMINO ACID HYDRATION COMPLEX||1.75g||*|
|Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG)||500mg||*|
|Coconut Water Powder (organic)||250mg||*|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Trisodium Citrate, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.|
|RECOMMENDED USE: Shake container before each use. Mix 1 scoop in 8-10 oz of cold water and drink between meals. On training days drink 1 serving during or immediately after exercise.|
The All-in-One BCAA and Hydration
There are a lot of potent BCAA bodybuilding supplement formulas on the market which can help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Now, make way for a BCAA formula complete with an amazing hydration complex for better post-workout results. We’re talking about Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration.
Take a hint from the name, folks – this product could be your next game changer.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration “is a true standout in the amino and BCAA product category,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
“Not only does it supercharge your body with a clinically-dosed (full effective) amount of BCAAs, but it also provides vital electrolytes for optimum hydration,” per the same source.
- The star of the show here is six grams of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) following a 2:1:1 ratio per serving.
- That translates to three grams of leucine, 1.5 grams of isoleucine, and 1.5 grams of valine per scoop.
This much is ideal “for optimum muscle growth, recovery, and performance,” per the company’s webpage.
Yep, we agree. Come on, it’s six grams of BCAAs per serving. That’s impressive.
When you talk about BCAAs, you begin with leucine – the most anabolic amino acid. You can’t go wrong with three grams of leucine per scoop, folks. That’s what Amino Charger Hydration delivers.
Granted, it’s not the most in the industry (it pales in comparison to the likes of Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout, which has a whopping five grams of leucine per serving), but we believe this amount will go a long way.
For starters, leucine helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis by activating a special protein known as mTOR. Without leucine, you can kiss your muscle-building aspirations goodbye. In addition to building muscle, recent research suggests leucine helps preserve muscle mass. Not only that, it helps you lean out.
The reason: leucine helps trigger the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus in your brain.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration’s leucine content is the highest we’ve seen, but what about the other BCAAs, isoleucine and valine?
Some other BCAA supplements include just 500 grams each per serving. We prefer the 1.5 grams each of isoleucine and valine per scoop in Amino Charger Hydration.
The amounts of isoleucine and valine in Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration trumps those in other post-workouts by a mile. That means bigger amino benefits:
- Isoleucine helps maintain a positive protein and nitrogen balance. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels and improve post-workout muscle recovery
- Valine helps increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, and regulate the immune system – all crucial post-workout benefits.
Let’s move on to the special sauce that makes this BCAA supplement unique.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration’s Amino Acid Hydration Complex
You lose fluids and key minerals during an intense bout of exercise. That’s why Nurtrex included a hydrating complex in this post-workout BCAA formula that takes up 1.75 grams per scoop.
Spearheading things here is one gram of taurine per serving. Taurine has gained traction as a post-workout ingredient, mainly because it:
- Helps increase focus, strength, and muscle cell volume
- Helps prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism)
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Increases exercise endurance
- Shortens recovery time
Get this, folks: a study published in The Journal of Cardiology (via the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s National Institutes of Health) in May 2011 says taurine supplementation can help increase the exercise capacity of individuals who have heart issues.
Lastly, taurine acts “as a key regulator in fluid-electrolyte balance,” per the company’s official website. The manufacturer reminds us taurine helps strike a delicate balance between fluids and electrolytes to help supercharge your recovery efforts. We’re glad taurine is in Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration. We believe one gram per serving is optimal.
The next component of its Amino Acid Hydration Complex is 500 milligrams of magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate (MGG) per serving. This is billed as an advanced magnesium-glutamine-glycine form that helps to stimulate muscle growth while countering muscle breakdown during high-intensity training.
To give you an idea of how potent this combination is, glutamine – the most abundant amino acid and one of the most versatile – is just one part of the equation.
Nutrex Amino Acid Charger Hydration’s Glutamine may help to:
- Preserve muscle mass
- Increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Improve athletic performance
- Keep free radicals at bay
- Boost the digestive system
Now, try combining those with what magnesium and glycine can do for you.
Magnesium is one of the key minerals in maintaining good cardiovascular health. It also helps ward off post-exercise muscle discomfort, increase energy, and improve digestion.
Naturex Amino Charger Hydration’s glycine helps increase muscle mass, ward off joint discomfort and fatigue, and boost the digestive and immune systems.
There. That covers just about every post-workout benefit imaginable.
The final component of the Amino Acid Hydration Complex is 250 milligrams of organic coconut water powder per serving. Organic coconut powder is great for rehydrating the body because it is naturally loaded with electrolytes and trace minerals, without any of the artificial crap in regular sports drinks.
Of course, we have to point out that Nutrex bungles that advantage by including artificial colors, artificial flavors and related crap in its formula. But we digress.
As if those weren’t enough, Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration also has a Total Electrolyte Complex which takes up 746 milligrams per serving.
These are chelated minerals in ther too, per Nutrex Research’s official website. Specifically, these chelated minerals are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, chloride, and potassium. You lose a great deal of these when you exercise vigorously – you need them for optimal bodily function. We’re stoked Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration helps you replenish with these key electrolytes.
Naturex Amino Charger Hydration Review – Ingredient Summary
- Calcium (as Calci-K calcium potassium phosphate citrate), 63 mg: Meh, six percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is considered low). Stack in a protein shake with calcium.
- Phosphorus (as Calci-K calcium potassium phosphate citrate), 31 mg: This product is not a significant source of phosphorus at just three percent of the daily value.
- Magnesium (as TRAACS Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate, TRAACS Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate), 62 mg: A good source of magnesium at 15 percent of the daily value.
- Sodium (as sodium chloride) (as trisodium citrate), 200 mg: Helps stave off muscle cramps after a grueling training session. However, if you’re monitoring your sodium intake, look for a lower-sodium BCAA supplement.
- Chloride (from sodium chloride) (from potassium chloride), 230 mg: Acts as an electrolyte and combines with hydrogen to assist in protein breakdown and nutrient absorption.
- Potassium (as Calci-K calcium potassium phosphate citrate) (as potassium chloride), 160 mg: This mineral helps regulate sodium levels and boost cardiovascular health.
- L-leucine, 3 g: Three grams per serving of the most anabolic amino acid will help you increase lean muscle mass gains, that’s for sure.
- L-isoleucine, 1.5 g: The BCAA which complements leucine nicely because of its ability to restore a positive protein and nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
- L-valine, 1.5 g: A well-rounded BCAA which helps increase endurance, repair muscle tissue, and regulate the immune system.
- Taurine, 1 g: An amino acid which helps increase focus, strength, and muscle cell volume. It also regulates fluid and electrolyte balance for better post-workout results.
- Magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate (MGG), 500 mg: A three-in-one powerhouse of glutamine, magnesium, and glycine which covers all the post-workout bases.
- Coconut water powder (organic), 250 mg: Rich in key electrolytes such as potassium. Helps ward off post-workout muscle cramps.
After taking all of that in, we’ve got to give a positive Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration review.
Take the supplement name for what it means, folks: it will help supercharge and hydrate you for better post-workout results.
Let’s start with the impressive six grams of BCAAs per serving. We feel this much will help you increase muscle mass, increase endurance, and repair muscle tissue, among others.
- Like we pointed out, three grams of leucine per serving is not the most in the industry, but it will suffice. We’re more impressed with the increased isoleucine and valine amounts (1.5 grams per serving each). They’re sure to give you a much-needed lift.
As great as Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration’s BCAA content is, we say its Amino Acid Hydration Complex is what sets it apart from the rest of the field. Quite simply, this is what gives this product its unique identity. We love the combination of taurine, magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate, and organic coconut water powder. The inclusion of the Total Electrolyte Complex was like icing on the cake without ruining the foundation. All good.
We said it before, and we’ll say it again for emphasis: this formula covers many post-workout bases.
You will find yourself amped up for your workouts. Plus, your training quality will improve, thanks in large part to this unique formula.
We also give the manufacturer a thumbs-up for great transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts. No deceiving proprietary blends whatsoever. Bravo. Unfortunately, Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration contains a dirty ingredient in sucralose. Never heard of it? It’s also known as Splenda, an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and several side effects. Bummer.
Finally, this product does not come cheap – one 14.1-oz. (399-gram) container costs $39.99.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration Benefits
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Six grams of BCAAs (with 2:1:1 ratio) per serving
- Full clinical doses
- Has magnesium glycinate glutamine for optimum recovery
- Helps improve muscular development and strength
- Increases hydration for better results
- Great taste
We agree with all of these claims. Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration will help you take your post-workout results to the next level.
Who Takes It?
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass, shorten recovery time, increase strength, improve hydration, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
In addition, if you sweat a lot when you work out, this product’s hydrating sports nutrition design may appeal to you.
Amino Charger Hydration Side Effects
We’re happy to report Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration has no glaring side effects. However, please note this product contains sucralose or Splenda, an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and the like.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration Review Summary
- Six grams of BCAAs per serving. Charged up with the optimal amount for a post-workout supplement.
- Muscle-Correct BCAA Ratio. Nutrex supplies its BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio, good for muscle growth.
- Increased amounts of isoleucine and valine. Two BCAAs which complement leucine perfectly.
- Vaunted Amino Acid Hydration Complex. Combo of taurine, magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate, and coconut water powder.
- Total Electrolyte Complex. Key minerals needed for post-workout refuel and replenishment
- Excellent transparency. No proprietary blends. Full disclosure on all dosages. Cheers.
- Good reputation. Consumers have given this product high marks in their reviews
- Flavor options. Cosmic Burst, Grape Apple, Mango Berry Lemonade, Peach Pineapple
- Dirty ingredient. Has Splenda, an artificial sweetener. Consumption of splenda has ironically been linked to weight problems.
- Expensive. Costs $39.99 for a 14.1-oz. (399-gram) container.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 14.1-oz. (399-gram) container (30-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail, including bodybuilding dot com, Amazon and Vitamin Shoppe.
- Free shipping deals available at some outlets for total orders over a certain price
Final Word on Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration
We were right. Nutrex Research Amino Charger Hydration is a game changer. Make no mistake about it. Try harnessing the power of six grams of BCAAs per serving, a potent hydration complex, and key electrolytes, and you’ll see what we mean. For anyone who sweats like a washcloth while working out, taking Pre-Workout and Post-Workout with natural rehydrators built-in to the formula makes a lot of sense.
Amino Charger Hydration is a good example of this type of hybrid-BCAA supplement, executing in a way that will deliver muscle-building, body-hydrating results.