Maybe you’re tired of looking for a vision supplement which gives you a potent combo of antioxidants and long-term benefits.
Perhaps we can help.
Enter SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein .
This early, we guarantee the long name is indicative of its many benefits.
Enjoy the review, folks.
About SOLGAR Bilberry Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein
SOLGAR Bilberry Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein is a “proprietary, antioxidant-rich formula” which “supplies important vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, the vital carotenoid lutein, and herbal extracts to help fight cell-damaging free radicals in the body and support the health of the eyes and skin,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Awesome ingredients. Impressive from top to bottom.
- Potent source of antioxidants. Crucial for long-term eye health. .
- Extra health benefits. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and taurine, to name a few.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein Supplement Facts (60 Capsules)
|Serving Size: 2 Vegetable Capsules|
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (as palmitate 1000 IU, 80% [4000 IU] as natural beta-carotene]||5000 IU||100%|
|Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate)||300 mg||500%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate)||100 IU||333%|
|Zinc (as zinc glycinate chelate)||10 mg||67%|
|Selenium (L-selenomethionine)||25 mcg||36%|
|Lutein (from marigold flower)||10 mg||**|
|Eyebright Extract [whole herb] (4:1)||25 mg||**|
|Bilberry Extract [fruit] (anthocyanosides 5 mg [25%])||20 mg||**|
|Gingko Biloba Extract [leaf] (ginkgoflavoglycosides 2.4 mg [24%])||10 mg||**|
|NAC (as N-acetyl-L-cysteine)||100mg||**|
|Mixed Carotenoids (alpha and beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin)||46 mcg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin.|
|SUGGESTED USE: As a dietary supplement for adults, take two (2) vegetable capsules daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.|
Antioxidants for Eye Health and Vision Support
There’s nothing wrong with being dedicated to your bodybuilding routine – regular training, good nutrition, smart supplementation (like pre-workouts and protein powder products), and ample rest go hand in hand.
We encourage this.
However, don’t overlook your eye health – there are several vision products we recommend you try.
Notice more manufacturers are ramping up antioxidant content of these vision supplements.
We’re not going to argue. The higher the antioxidant level, the better it is for your eyes.
Let’s see what researchers at McMaster University have to say.
They maintain “vitamin A and other ‘antioxidant’ vitamins including C and E and minerals such as selenium and zinc help counteract the processes that lead to vision impairment and other medical issues.”
“That’s why nutritionists champion these fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy diet,” per the same source.
Their takeaway: foods rich in antioxidants reign supreme over supplements in terms of eye health.
Absolutely. Good nutrition takes precedence over supplementation (that’s why we call them “supplements”).
However, let’s not downplay the role of supplements. There’s no question they not only fill nutrition gaps, but also complement a healthy diet.
We hope SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein can do that for you.
“This proprietary, antioxidant-rich formula supplies important vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, the vital carotenoid lutein, and herbal extracts to help fight cell-damaging free radicals in the body and support the health of the eyes and skin,” per its official website.
When we discovered this supplement can improve eye and skin health, we were impressed.
It’s always a plus any time a product goes above and beyond the call of duty.
Our first impression: SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein is the total package.
Try looking at the ingredients list, folks: it sure seems to us this product has the complete arsenal.
Leading the charge is vitamin A – unarguably the most popular vitamin for eye health.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright’s 5000IU per serving (two vegetable capsules) represents a solid 100 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent has a high value).
First of all, we like the form of vitamin A this product has (palmitate) – it comes from carotenoids from colorful fruits and vegetables rather than animal sources (retinol).
Check out the benefits of vitamin A for your eyes:
- Helps protect the eye’s surface (cornea)
- Helps relieve dry eyes
- Wards off eye inflammation
- Keeps age-related macular degeneration (AMD) at bay
Some vision product manufacturers don’t include vitamin A in their formulas. Instead, they rely on other ingredients so the product stands out from the rest of the pack.
Well, we’re happy SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein has vitamin A. We’re sure this ingredient will help shore up your eye health.
As good as vitamin A is for ocular health, it’s not the star of the show.
That distinction belongs to vitamin C, which takes up 300 milligrams per serving (an incredible 500 percent of the daily value).
The days when vitamin C was the go-to for the common cold are long gone.
Who would’ve thought this vitamin can help boost your eye health?
Well, it turns out vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which helps take care of eye blood vessels, folks.
Not only that, but it also helps preserve connective tissue (such as collagen) in the eyes and ward off cataracts.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein’s impressive vitamin C content will also help maintain healthy blood pressure levels and keep free radicals at bay.
This supplement’s second-biggest ingredient is 100 IU of vitamin E per serving (which represents a solid 333 percent of the daily value).
Simply put, vitamin E helps stop cataracts and macular degeneration dead in their tracks.
Expect vitamin E to complement SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein’s vitamin A and vitamin C components perfectly.
On the other hand, the inclusion of zinc may come as a surprise to some people.
However, zinc can also help ward off age-related macular degeneration (AMD), per the American Optometric Association.
Who would’ve thought?
We’re sure you will reap all three zinc benefits when you supplement with SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein.
This product also has 25 micrograms of selenium per serving.
Well, health experts say selenium is a precursor of glutathione, a potent antioxidant. They also higher your glutathione levels translate to better protection against cataracts.
We’re stoked SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein has selenium.
Now, as you move further down the ingredients list, you’ll spot the more traditional vision support ingredients:
- Lutein, 10 mg: A carotenoid which helps negate the effects of poor nutrition and sun overexposure on the eyes.
- Eyebright extract, 25 mg: Also known as Euphrasia officinalis, this flower helps relieve eye strain, ward off inflammation, and boost the health of fragile skin surrounding the eyes.
- Bilberry Extract (fruit)(anthocyanosides 5 mg [25 percent]), 20 mg: A fruit teeming with antioxidants for better night vision, connective tissue, and eye blood vessel health. It’s a perfect complement to this product’s vitamin C component.
Next up is 10 milligrams of Gingko biloba per serving.
While Gingko biloba’s benefits for the eyes aren’t as time-tested, you can still benefit from its abilities to improve concentration and quell anxiety.
It’s still a win-win situation, folks.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein also has 100 milligrams of n-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) per serving.
NAC is a lipid-soluble compound and antioxidant which helps protect the eyes against cataracts.
Many health experts vouch for NAC as an important vision product ingredient. The proof is in the pudding: 100 milligrams per serving is hard evidence.
As if that wasn’t enough, how about another 100 milligrams of antioxidants per serving in the form of taurine?
Check out its eye health benefits:
- Helps keep age-related macular degeneration (AMD) at bay
- Wards off diabetic retinopathy (cloudy vision as a result of fragile blood vessels)
- Facilitates waste elimination from the retina
The final key ingredients of SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein are 46 micrograms of mixed carotenoids (alpha and beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin) per serving.
We’re confident these will help boost your vision.
However, the Mixed Carotenoids blend is proprietary in nature – the manufacturer fails to disclose the individual ingredient amounts.
Talk about finishing things on a sour note.
Nonetheless, this is relatively minor – it won’t offset the tremendous benefits SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein has for your eyes.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (as palmitate 1000 IU, 80 percent [4000 IU] as natural beta-carotene, 5,000 IU: A plant-based kind of vitamin A which helps protect the cornea. It also helps ward off dry eyes, inflammation, and AMD.
- Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate), 300 mg: A powerful eye antioxidant which helps improve connective tissue and blood vessel health. SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein’s incredible 500 percent of the daily value for vitamin C ought to do the trick.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate), 100 IU: An important eye vitamin which helps ward off AMD and cataracts. An awesome 333 percent of the daily value should go a long way.
- Zinc (as zinc glycinate chelate), 10 mg: A mineral which helps keep AMD at bay. As added bonuses, zinc also helps boost testosterone levels and induce sleep.
- Selenium (l-selenomethionine), 25 mcg: A mineral which is a precursor of the potent antioxidant glutathione. Increased levels of glutathione in the eyes help ward off cataracts.
- Lutein (from marigold flower), 10 mg: A carotenoid which helps offset the effects of poor nutrition and ultraviolet light on eyesight.
- Eyebright extract, 25 mg: An ingredient which helps relieve eye strain, keep inflammation at bay, and improve skin the condition of skin surrounding the eyes.
- Bilberry Extract (fruit)(anthocyanosides 5 mg [25 percent]), 20 mg: A fruit which helps boost night vision and improve connective tissue and eye blood vessel health.
- Gingko biloba extract (leaf)(gingkoflavoglycosides 2.4 mg [24 percent]), 10 mg: An ingredient which helps improve blood flow in the eyes. It also helps quell anxiety and improve concentration.
- NAC (as n-acetyl-cysteine), 100 mg: An antioxidant which helps ward off cataracts.
- Taurine, 100 mg: An amino acid and antioxidant which helps keep AMD at bay and facilitate the elimination of waste from the retina.
Mixed Carotenoids, 46 mcg
- Alpha and beta carotene: Manfuacturers synthesize these carotenoids to form active vitamin A.
- Lutein: A carotenoid which helps negate the effects of a poor diet on eye health.
- Zeaxanthin: A component of the macula which helps filter out excessive sunlight from the eyes.
- Cryptoxanthin: A carotenoid and potent antioxidant which helps keep AMD, cataracts, and free radicals at bay.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein packs a serious wallop, doesn’t it?
It turns out our initial hunch was correct all along – this product has solid vision support ingredients from top to bottom.
You also have to love the manufacturer’s emphasis on antioxidants, which are crucial for excellent vision.
Sure, we get these antioxidants from the food we eat.
However, taking a supplement such as SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein helps you cover all the bases.
When you keep its focus on key ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, NAC, and taurine in mind, you’re talking about outstanding protection against AMD and cataracts.
Throw in potent doses of Eyebright, lutein, zinc, selenium, bilberry extract, Gingko biloba, and more carotenoids into the mix, you’ve got it made.
When you supplement with SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein, you also reap extra health benefits:
- Vitamin C: Improved heart health, healthy blood pressure levels, and protection against the common cold
- Vitamin A: Helps regulate the immune system, ward off free radicals, and boost skin health.
- Vitamin E: Helps boost metabolism and boost cardiovascular health
- Zinc: Ramps up testosterone levels and improves sleep quality
- Taurine: Helps increase muscle cell volume, torch fat, and boost heart health
Ergo, SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein is more than just a vision support product – it also helps improve long-term health.
No wonder this product enjoys a sterling reputation – many customers rave about SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein.
Well, we do, too.
Just about the only shortcoming is the Mixed Carotenoids proprietary blend (the company doesn’t divulge the amounts of the individual ingredients).
Other than that, SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein pulls out all the stops.
Try making it your go-to vision support product, folks. You won’t regret it. Trust us.
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein Benefits
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein helps “fight cell-damaging free radicals in the body and support the health of the eyes and skin,” per its official website.
We agree. This product’s impressive ingredient profile will not only improve your eyesight, but also your long-term health as well.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein for individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve their eye health and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein has no glaring side effects, please consult your physician if you feel doubtful about any of its ingredients.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein Summary
- Impressive ingredient profile. Awesome from top to bottom.
- Antioxidant focus. Heaps of antioxidants for optimal eye health.
- Solid amounts of vitamins A, E, and C. Not only for vision, but for overall health as well.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers whatsoever. Bravo.
- Great reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Proprietary blend. Company doesn’t reveal individual ingredient amounts of Mixed Carotenoids blend. Boo.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (30-Day Supply): $18.08
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein
We’ve seen some top-notch vision products which emphasize antioxidants for long-term eye health.
Well, consider SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein as part of their ranks from here on out.
The ingredients speak for themselves – we guarantee a fast return on your investment.
We recommend you buy SOLGAR Bilberry Gingko Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein and see the difference for yourself.
No pun intended.