You should know there’s more to perfect eye health than just Vitamin A.
Many are aware this is the vitamin which helps keep your eyes in great health.
However, you should also consider other ingredients with potent antioxidant effects for maximum results.
Enter NOW Ocu Support.
Trust us when we say this is the ultimate source of antioxidants for your eyes.
Enjoy the review as usual, folks.
About NOW Ocu Support
NOW Ocu Support “offers a full range of antioxidant nutrients that may aid in maintaining some key visual functions,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Ultimate source of eye antioxidants. Seriously.
- Insane source of Vitamin B2. Has 1,176 percent of the daily value.
- Unheralded ingredients. Green tea extract, selenium, and rutin powder.
NOW Ocu Support Supplement Facts (60 Capsules)
|Serving Size: 3 Veg Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (100% as Beta-Carotene)(Betatene®)||25,000 IU||500%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||300 mg||500%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate)||200 IU||667%|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)||20 mg||1176%|
|Zinc (from L-OptiZinc® Monomethionine)||25 mg||167%|
|Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine)||100 mcg||143%|
|Bilberry Extract (Fruit) (Vaccinium myrtillus) (min. 100 mg 25% Anthocyanidins)||10 mg||†|
|Lutein (Free-Form) (from FloraGLO® Marigold Flowers Extract) (Tagetes erecta)||10 mg||†|
|Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)(Leaf)(min. 50% EGCg)(up to 1.5 mg of naturally occurring caffeine)||150 mg||†|
|N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) Rutin Powder (Sophora japonica) (Flower Bud)||100 mg||†|
|Zeaxanthin (from FloraGLO® Marigold Flowers Extract)(Tagetes erecta)||500 mcg||†|
|Other Ingredients: |
Cellulose (capsule), Cellulose Powder, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), and Silica. Contains soy.
|Directions For Ocu Support: As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily, preferably with meals.|
Supports Healthy Vision
We’ve reviewed some exceptional vision products here on B5.
Irwin Naturals Vision Sharp’s ingredient combo (vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, bilberry, gingko, citrus, etc.) caught our eye.
Jarrow Formulas Vision Optimizer kicks it up a notch higher – it’s a top-notch vision product with hardly any flaws.
We’ve been on a roll lately.
We’re hoping we can keep the streak alive with NOW Ocu Support.
Just like Jarrow Fomulas Vision Optimizer, customers have raved about this product. They swear by it.
They’ve piqued our interest even more.
“NOW Ocu Support offers a full range of antioxidant nutrients that may aid in maintaining some key visual functions,” per its official website.
There you have it. The entire arsenal of antioxidants for optimal ocular health is this product’s main selling point.
Leading the charge is an insane 1,176 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B2 (20 milligrams per serving).
Also known as riboflavin, this B vitamin helps boost cornea (the eye’s outermost transparent) health.
If you have insufficient intake of Vitamin B2, you may experience dimmed vision and itchy or burning eyes.
Good thing NOW Ocu Support has heaps of riboflavin. It trumps the Vitamin B2 content of the aforementioned Jarrow Formulas Vision Optimizer (770 percent of the daily value).
NOW Ocu Support has the three most popular vitamins for good eysight: Vitamins A, C, and E.
Vitamin E comprises the second-biggest antioxidant ingredient at an impressive 667 percent of the daily value (200 IU per serving).
Simply put, Vitamin E helps ward off cataracts and macular degeneration.
There’s no denying this product’s Vitamin E content can make that happen.
As for Vitamin A, it’s the most popular antioxidant in terms of eye health. In fact, it’s the first vitamin which comes to mind.
If your nutritionist advised you to consume plenty of carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, and cantaloupe for better eyesight, you better take his or her word for it.
The good news: NOW Ocu Support has enough Vitamin A (500 percent of the daily value or 25,000 IU per serving) to boost eye health.
Vitamin A is crucial for optimum function of the retina, the part of the eye which creates the images you see and transmits them to the brain as nerve signals.
Rhopsodin is a photopigment found inside the retina which plays a key role in night vision.
Sufficient intake of Vitamin A will shore up rhopsodin health. Ergo, your night vision will also improve.
So, if you harness the power of this product and the Vitamin A content of the fruits and vegetables we mentioned, your eyes will thank you for it.
Next up is 500 percent of the daily value (300 mg ) of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) per serving.
Okay, you may have thought this vitamin was just for keeping the common cold at bay and boosting the immune system.
It’s those and so much more.
In terms of eye health, ascorbic acid also helps ward off cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
Just like Vitamin B2, Vitamin C also helps improve cornea health.
Not only that, ascorbic acid is vital for the capillaries (small blood vessels) of the retina.
There no doubt in our mind NOW Ocu Support’s Vitamin C content will help your cornea and capillaries.
We also think this supplement’s 167 percent of the value for zinc (25 milligrams per serving) will help immensely.
No less than the American Optometric Association says zinc helps keep age-related macular degeneration at bay.
Men need 11 milligrams of zinc per day while women need eight milligrams per day, per the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (via the American Optometric Association’s official website).
NOW Ocu Support has more than double the recommended amount for men and more than three times the recommended amount for women.
Will that be an issue?
As long as you follow the manufacturer’s recommended dosage of three capsules daily, you’re fine.
NOW Ocu Support also has an ingredient which you don’t see in many vision supplements – selenium.
More specifically, 143 percent of the daily value (100 micrograms per serving) for selenium.
It turns out this mineral is a component of an enzyme found in glutathione, a potent antioxidant.
Some eye experts believe insufficient glutathione levels may result in cataract formation.
That’s never a good thing.
We’re glad NOW Ocu Support has selenium. In fact, it’s one edge it has over other products of its kind.
Well, make that three.
This product also has 150 milligrams of green tea extract and 100 milligrams of rutin powder per serving.
If you’re a green tea fan, you know it helps torch fat, improve heart health, and kick free radicals to the curb.
Which may beg you to ask the question, “What does green tea have to do with good eyesight?”
We go back to the thrust of NOW Ocu Support, folks: antioxidants.
Long story short, the more free radicals your eyes have, you may compromise their health.
Your eyes (especially the retina) absorb the antioxidants from green tea, which helps keep them in peak condition.
Okay, you may have also noticed NOW Ocu Support has caffeine.
Well, don’t worry about it – it has only “up to 1.5 mg of naturally-occurring caffeine” per three vegetable capsules.
Relax. This product won’t produce any dreaded spike-crash effect like some pre-workout supplements do.
Rutin powder is another unheralded vision product. Not every eye supplement has it.
This is a plant pigment which is present in fruits like apples. Again, the key here is antioxidant content.
The manufacturer included rutin to shore up NOW Ocu Support’s antioxidant content for better eyesight.
Rutin also has other important health benefits:
- Aids in blood circulation
- Helps keep blood clots at bay
- Regulates cholesterol levels
Expect to reap these benefits when you take NOW Ocu Support.
This product also has the other essential ingredients for exceptional vision (bilberry extract, lutein, NAC, and zeaxanthin).
We’ve sung their praises in past B5 reviews, and we don’t see that changing anytime soon.
We’re talking about solid, time-tested vision ingredients, folks.
They fortify NOW Ocu Support’s impressive stonewall defense against those nasty free radicals.
We’re confident you will enjoy impeccable eye health for years to come.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (100 percent beta-carotene)(Betatene®), 25,000 IU: Beta-carotene is an antioxidant critical for optimum retina function. Plus, sufficient Vitamin A intake helps improve night vision. NOW Ocu Support’s solid 500 percent of the daily value is sure to make that happen.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 300 mg: Ascorbic acid helps stop cataracts and age-related macular degeneration dead in their tracks. This product’s impressive 500 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C also ensures you enjoy a healthy immune system and protection against the common cold. Awesome.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate),200 IU: Another antioxidant commonly found in most vision support supplements. Just like ascorbic acid, Vitamin E helps ward off cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), 20 mg: Easily NOW Ocu Support’s most abundant ingredient at a whopping 1,176 percent of the daily value. Vitamin B2 helps shore up the health of the cornea.
- Zinc (from OptiZinc Monomethionine), 25 mg: An important mineral which helps stop age-related macular degeneration dead in its tracks.
- Selenium (from l-selenomethionine), 100 mcg: Helps fortify glutathione (a potent antioxidant) levels in the body for stronger defense against nasty free radicals. It’s one of the things which sets this product apart from the competition.
- Bilberry extract (fruit) (Vaccinium myrtillus)(min 25 percent anthocyanidins), 100 mg: Another popular eye health ingredient which helps improve night vision. NOW Ocu Support is sure to help you in this regard since it also has impressive Vitamin A content.
- Lutein (free-form)(from FloraGLO Marigold Flowers extract)(Tagetes erecta), 10 mg: A staple vision support ingredient which helps offset the effects of poor nutrition and overexposure to sunlight – two factors which take a toll on your long-term eye health.
- Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis)(leaf)(min 50 percent EGCg)(up to 1.5 g of naturally-occurring caffeine), 150 mg: A surprise ingredient, if you ask us. We didn’t expect green tea extract as one of the components of a vision support supplement. It turns out its antioxidant content does wonders for optimal eye health.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), 100 mg: Experts believe this antioxidant helps ward off cataracts and macular degeneration. We feel 100 grams per serving will go a long way.
- Rutin powder (Sophora japonica)(flower bud), 100 mg: A plant pigment whose antioxidant content helps improve long-term eyesight. Rutin also helps improve blood circulation and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Zeaxanthin (from FloraGLO Marigold Flowers Extract)(Tagetes erecta), 500 mcg: A component of the macular which helps shield the eyes from direct sun exposure. Another common vision support ingredient which has great benefits.
Eye health experts say the key to long-term ocular health is antioxidants.
Well, you will get a ton of them from NOW Ocu Support, folks.
You start off with mega doses of Vitamins A, C, and E, and you are sure to experience optimal retina function, better night vision, and shored-up protection against cataracts and macular degeneration.
Not only that, these vitamins provide other important long-term health benefits.
For instance, Vitamin A also helps ward off inflammation. For its part, Vitamin C helps regulate blood pressure levels.
On the other hand, Vitamin E helps regulate metabolism and improve cardiovascular health.
The takeaway: NOW Ocu Support is more than just a vision support product.
Plus, it sets itself apart from the rest of the pack because of its impressive Vitamin B2, green tea extract, selenium, and rutin components.
You won’t find this ingredient combo in a vision support product every day, folks. Trust us.
On that note, if you thought you will get ample antioxidant benefits from the usual Vitamins A, C, and E, think again.
NOW Ocu Support goes above and beyond the call of duty to protect your eyes from nasty free radicals.
Oh, and the usual inclusions of zinc, lutein, and zeaxanthin won’t hurt one bit, either.
This is about as good as it gets, folks: NOW Ocu Support has one of the most impressive antioxidant formulas we’ve seen in an eye health supplement.
This product is also great in terms of transparency – the folks at NOW Foods divulge all of the ingredient amounts. Awesome.
After sizing it up from top to bottom, we also found no dirty ingredients in NOW Ocu Support. Well done.
Customers have been raving about this product – they’ve given it high marks online. They swear by it.
Now we know why.
Clearly, NOW Ocu Support is one of the best vision support ingredients on the market today.
NOW Ocu Support Benefits
NOW Ocu Support “offers a full range of antioxidant nutrients which may aid in maintaining some visual functions,” per its official website.
We agree with this claim. Like we said, NOW Ocu Support’s impressive antioxidant arsenal ought to boost your eye health like no other product can.
Who Takes It?
NOW Ocu Support is intended for healthy individual who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve their long-term eye health and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Although NOW Ocu Support has no glaring side effects, we encourage you to consult your physician if you deem any of its ingredients are detrimental to your health and overall well-being.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
NOW Ocu Support Summary
- Ultimate source of eye antioxidants. One of the most exhaustive we’ve seen.
- Great ingredient combo. Has time-tested ocular ingredients such as Vitamins A, C, E, zinc, lutein, bilberry, and zeaxanthin.
- Exceptional source of Vitamin B2. Insane 1,176 percent of the daily value.
- Underrated ingredients. Rare vision support product with green tea extract and rutin.
- Extra health benefits. Many of the components come with added long-term health benefits.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
- Clean ingredients. Clean from top to bottom. Bravo.
- Good reputation. Manufacturers have given it high marks online.
- No glaring weaknesses. Seriously.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 60-Capsule Bottle (20-Day Supply): $21.99
- 1 120-Capsule Bottle (40-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on NOW Ocu Support
Now we know why many customers have been raving about NOW Ocu Support.
It has a ton of antioxidants for exceptional eye health.
It has several unheralded and effective ingredients.
It also has no glaring weaknesses.
We daresay NOW Ocu Support is the perfect vision support product.
Buy it, folks. Your eyes will be in the best shape they’ve ever been. Trust us.