“True grit is doing what you don’t want to do, to be what you want to be.”
Well said, True GRIT.
So what’s the plan here? Boost the testosterone, so you gain the ‘nads to be your own man and conquer the world?
Something like that. True GRIT Test Booster is designed to help.
Mixing some of the best T-boosters with a few promising exotics, this gritty test-booster has got some great touches of quality. Will it make you be the Bro you want to be? Let’s check it:
About True GRIT Test Booster
Sold exclusively on BodyBuilding.com, True GRIT Test Booster serves as the T-booster of these up-and-coming manufacturers’ expanding True GRIT supplement line. True GRIT uses the “Science-Backed, Barbell-Tested” philosophy in its “Scale of Gritness” measurements… yet, True GRIT Test Booster lacks a notable amount of barbell-tested science. Formula notes:
- Gritty T-Boosters: Zinc, Boron, Fenugreek, & Ashwagandha promise T-boosts, E-drops, & overall manly goodness.
- Not-So-Gritty T-Boosters: DIM, Bladderwrack, & Yacon are lower-ranking on “The Scale of Gritness” iffen ur asken us.
- Non-Proprietary: We’re shamed to say that showing ingredient dosages has become a virtue among manufacturers… but thankfully True GRIT upholds that virtue here.
True GRIT Test Booster Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate)||15 mg (100% DV)|
|Fenugreek Extract (as Trigonella foenum-graceum) (seed) (Std. to 50% Saponins)||300 mg|
|Broccoli (as Brassica oleracea) (whole plant) (Supplying Diindolylmethane (DIM))||250 mg|
|Ashwagandha Extract (Sensoril®) (as Withania somnifera) (root and leaf)||125 mg|
|Shilajit Extract (PrimaVie®) (Std. to 50% Fulvic Acid)||100 mg|
|Boron Citrate (Supplying 5 mg of Boron)||100 mg|
|Safed Musli Extract (as Chlorophytum borivilanum) (root) (Std. to 5% Saponins)||50 mg|
|Bladderwrack Extract (as Fucus Vesiculosus) (whole plant)||50 mg|
|Yacon (as Smallanthus sonchifolius) (root)||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Corn Starch, Coating (Hypromellose, Titanium Dioxide, Polydextrose, Talc, maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides), Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Acesulfame Potassium.|
|Directions For Test Booster: Take 1 serving (2 tablets) twice daily. Take the first serving in the morning and the second serving in the mid-afternoon. On workout days, take the second serving 30 minutes before your workout. Do not exceed 2 servings in a 24-hour period. Read the entire label before use and follow the directions provided.|
True GRIT gives you the edge to “dig deeper and get grittier!”
When we think of “grit,” we think of the scruffy, dirty, patch-eyed muh’funkers of ye olden days. So, hell ya! we want a product promising “gritness” and True GRIT definitely has grit… we’re just not sure how much. Let’s “dig deeper” and find out:
The Testosterone Boosters
Of the six T-boosters in this formula, two top the ranks of our Best5 BIG LIST of T-Boosters: Zinc & Boron. Both are in adequate dosages, supplying a daily 30 mg Zinc & 10 mg Boron. Gotta love seeing the two manliest minerals both sides of the Mississip here. They’re always included in the best test-booster stacks, so the GRIT is lookin’ GREAT so far.
The remaining four “T-boosters,” include three that work and one that’s, well… mehhh… They include:
- Fenugreek. Standardized (awesome) and at a sizable 600 mg per day, this Fenugreek extract bears most of the botanical T-boosting weight in this formula—even though it’s a much stronger sex-enhancer and, unfortunately, reduces manly DHT levels. But, hey, we’ll take it.
- Ashwagandha. This adaptogenic “horse-smelling” Ayurvedic masterwork of nature is a welcomed addition in any formula. Potent adaptogens such as Ashwagandha not only aid T-levels, but offer anti-catabolic stress support for uninhibited muscle gains.
- Shilajit. Translating to “conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness” (need we say more?), Shilajit has been used for centuries as an Ayurvedic cure-all. Lately it’s gained scientific traction as bona fide T-booster for healthy users at 250 mg per day supplementation.
- Yacon. Here’s the mehhh Yacon is a South American tuber similar to the sweet potato. Pre-clinical research suggests it protects against testosterone degradation, which should help your T-status. Its use here definitely doesn’t hurt, but it seems an odd investment for True Grit.
Chlorophytum borivilianum we’ll throw here for its potential use as an “Herbal Viagra.” Sparse research suggests it helps T in humans, yet pre-clinical studies indicate that this high-potent Safed Musli extract promotes animal boners.
(SIDE NOTE: If you think your job is bad, these researchers go to work every day to measure animal erections for hours on end… What a world we live in…)
The Estrogen Reducers
While a few the abovementioned T-boosters may have slight anti-estrogenic qualities, these two ingredients are solely intended for male:female hormone balance:
- Undersold here as “Broccoli,” DIM (or Diindolylmethane, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing) is an “anti-estrogenic” agent that ranks under our “T-Boosters to Avoid” category for two reasons: 1) DIM is used overwhelmingly for post-menopausal women, and 2) The science is conflicted, sometimes suggesting decreases in T.
- Bladderwrack: This seaweed possesses more-or-less the same potential as DIM, except with less risk in decreasing T. It’s often used for thyroid hormone regulation… in women.
Combined, these “anti-estrogenic” compounds look promising in reducing estradiol levels… yet, more research needs to be conducted to ensure that that’s all they do.
In total we have nine ingredients: Five that boost T, two that inhibit estrogen, one that supports animal boners, & one that’s a delicious potato. They combine to make a solid T-boosting, E-reducing formula (without any of that proprietary blend nonsense).
The particular ingredients we like here are Zinc, Boron, Fenugreek, Ashwagandha, & Shilajit. These are proven, effective, true T-boosters that encompass a variety of manly benefits from increasing free & serum T levels to reducing aromatase & cortisol “stress” levels—especially during bouts of exercise, making True GRIT a self-aware gym supplement as well.
Judging by the True GRIT website’s ingredient descriptions, there’s a sense that the manufacturers are aware of “synergy” potential here by mixing such varied T-boosters.
Some choices range from questionable (DIM, Bladderwack) to unproven (Chlorophytum borivilianum, Yacon), but combining these exotics with well-known T-boosters might be a winning strategy.
In terms of ingredient qualities & dosages, True GRIT looks above average with some branded and standardized herbs to boot.
All-in-all, True GRIT provides the testosterone support and physical performance support it claims, and potentially much more.
True GRIT Test Booster Benefits
We know that True GRIT’s “Supported Goal” is to Build Muscle through its claims to:
- Boost Serum T
- Support Free T:Estradiol Balance
- Decrease Cortisol:T Levels
These claimed benefits are valid. Additionally, given the Fenugreek’s libido enhancement & Ashwagandha’s decent nootropism, you could add sex-enhancement & (adaptogenic) brainpower to the list, too.
Initial Zinc & Boron levels will determine how hard these hard-hitters will hit your T-levels. Other than that, expect medium range T-boosts that are largely in support of muscle growth & libido.
Who Takes It?
John Wayne & Jeff Bridges.
Okay, not really. They simply were and are true grit… True GRIT, the T-booster, is generated towards the “gym-oriented” crowds, which is made apparent by their athlete-infused marketing. While it doesn’t necessarily appear powerful enough to “reverse time” for the 40+ mature gents (there are other T-boosters customized for that crowd), True GRIT’s anabolic support seems beneficial for all ages 25+.
Any Side Effects?
None reported. Yet, we’re remaining a little on the cautious side due to the unknown effects of certain ingredients. In particular, DIM & Bladderwrack’s unreliable hormonal influences deserve special attention & consideration.
True GRIT Test Booster Summary
- Branded Standardizations. For the herbs that matter.
- Decent Dosages. For the ingredients that count (pun intended).
- Non-Proprietary. These new manufacturers are skipping all the prop blend BS.
- Affordable. $29.99 for 120 capsules? Sounds goodie.
- DIM & Bladderwrack. Used primarily by post-menopausal women.
- Label Could be Cleaner. “Other Ingredients” are unnecessarily high.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $29.99
- This “B Exclusive” is available only on BodyBuilding.com
Final Word on True GRIT Test Booster
“What’s your gritness?” – we’ll end with the product’s tagline, because A) it’s funny and B) it’s not entirely sure what it’s asking. If “gritness” is moderate T-boosts with potent sex, performance & muscle enhancements, then, yes, this product is grittier than hell. This formula is definitely grit enough to earn our recommendation, pilgrim… especially at that awesome price.