“Are you tired of feeling constantly tired?
Sick of that lazy twig you used to call a penis?
THEN DO WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU!”
Okay, hold on, I’ve seen these before: Fancy “info-talk” trying to sell me some bullshit piece of shit supplement for a lot of money.
We hear ya, reader. That was essentially our reaction to TestoGen’s blatant “info-talk” marketing, too.
Yet, when we looked into the bullshit piece of shit they were selling, we were pleasantly surprised to find a T-booster that actually works. We’re not sure if this solves our trust issues against advertisements or further confuses them—either way, as far as TestoGen is concerned, we’ll take it.
Not to be confused with big, bad Ronnie Coleman’s Testogen-XR, TestoGen is a “TESTOSTERONE TRIPLE ACTION” supplement by Advanced Health Limited. The website has a few confusing RED FLAGS, yet, in the end, what TestoGen offers is au naturale T-boosting with a manly dose of sex-enhanced vitality. Formula notes:
- 10 Purposeful Ingredients: For the most part, every ingredient makes sense in this T-boosting, sex-enhancing formula.
- Botanical Sex-Enhancers: On top of natural T-boosters, TestoGen uses 3 manly herbs for decent improvements in libido.
- Strange Tactics: Hidden Supplement Facts, outsourced Customer Service, borderline scammy REFUND POLICY… TestoGen better be worth it.
TestoGen Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|D-Aspartic Acid||2,000 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (fruit extract)||300 mg|
|Panax Ginseng (root)||250 mg|
|Fenugreek Extract (seeds)||200 mg|
|Zinc Gluconate||72 mg (97% DV)|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6)||56 mg (3280% DV)|
|Riboflavin (B2)||20 mg (1428% DV)|
|Calcium Pantothenate (B5)||12 mg (184% DV)|
|Selenium||45.2 mcg (82% DV)|
|Cholecalciferol (D3)||10 mcg (100% DV)|
Sodium selenite, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable origin) flowing agent, Gelatin shell capsule
Here are the Supplement Facts (No thanks to the TestoGen website… come on, guys, show the facts for crying out loud).
First impression: This formula looks decent… So why hide it? Let’s frickin’ find out:
The Best5 T-Boosters
Nothing floats the boat better than our Best5 T-Boosters—TestoGen has 3 of them:
- D-Aspartic Acid. Our #1 T-booster, DAA has shown to boost T-levels by 42% in only 12 days. D-AA-CC form is better, found in the best testosterone-booster supplements… but DAA is still pretty damn good.
- Zinc. And here’s our #2 T-booster in gluconate form Yet, at a heavy 72 mg dose, there’s definitely enough here to have a positive effect… We just hope this isn’t too much zinc.
- Vitamin D. TestoGen earns bragging rights on its D for using the high-potent D3 form. Unfortunately, the action ends prematurely with this ridiculously weak 10 mcg dose… Yikes.
Red Flag: Excessive Zinc, Dangerously Mislabeled
TestoGen disqualifies itself right off the bat with its absurdly high Zinc dosage with a listed DV% that is so inaccurate, it’s impossible to take this supplement seriously.
- TestoGen says: 72 mg Zinc = 97% DV
- Reality: 15 mg Zinc = 100% DV
- Which means TestoGen’s 72 mg Zinc is actually 480% DV
This is a big deal because taking too much Zinc can be dangerous, potentially leading to prostate problems, weakened immunity and worse. You sure you want to put TestoGen in your body?
With that last red flag, it’s clear that TestoGen really doesn’t have their shit together, and is putting some irresponsible product out on the market. But let’s check out the rest of their fomula just for the hell of it.
The Man Herbs
Panax Ginseng, Fenugreek, & Tribulus Terrestris aren’t the best T-boosters, but are great, natural sex-enhancers for men.
Panax Ginseng & Fenugreek, in particular, are smart additions in T-booster formulas—on top of potential increases in T, these herbs are awesome strength & sex-enhancers. Plus, whereas Fenugreek lowers DHT (an important manly hormone), Ginseng raises it.
Tribulus Terrestris might raise T in low-T conditions, but its primary benefits are on the libido.
B Vitamins + Selenium
B Vitamins make sense for many supplements due to their various health benefits. Combined, the B vitamins chosen in this formula (B2, B5, B6) work to elevate testosterone, energy, and mood.
Despite being incredibly rare (in First World Americana), Selenium deficiency can lead to male infertility… Its association with male health in this regard is probably why it’s here.
TestoGen is an odd one—not necessarily for its ingredients, but in spite of its ingredients. As a T-booster, TestoGen looks like a solid formula, but it’s surrounded by a couple RED FLAGS, even beyond that major Zinc Derp we discussed earlier.
- The website doesn’t showcase its Supplement Facts anywhere. After asking for them on the site’s “HELP CHAT” service, we were advised to try Googling them.
- Customer Service has been outsourced. Their “Mailing Address” is in Glasgow, their “CONTACT INFORMATION” is in Dubai.
They even resorted to the ol’ “Doctor in Lab Coat” tactic on their “About Us” page.
But by no means are these deal-breakers. Again, they’re just odd—especially considering how much the formula does right: No proprietary blends with good T-boosters & male sex-enhancers.
The Panax Ginseng/Fenugreek combo is a smart complementary duo that we’d like to see in more herb-oriented, Fenugreek-driven T-supplements—however, the lack of standardization in TestoGen’s herbs is a disappointment.
Aside from the herbs, the ingredient forms range from OK (Pyridoxine HCl, Zinc Gluconate, DAA) to Great (D3… ya, that’s about it). Plus, the dosages are a little wonky (too much zinc, not enough D3).
Advanced Health Limited claims that TestoGen will help you:
- Feel energized and motivated
- Watch that body fat go down and your sex life improve
- Train longer, harder and more vigorously
- Take on the day and win, whatever happens
Essentially, the general benefits of T-boosting, excluding the last claim (“whatever happens”??). TestoGen’s 10 ingredients are likely to deliver on these benefits, especially for men with low pre-existing T-levels.
Who Takes It?
Mature, active men. TestoGen not only targets improvements in the gym (and bed), but tailors them for the older weightlifting gents. This is typical: Younger bodybuilders (18-24) are at PEAK T-levels and don’t generally require BIG T boosts. But let’s get real Bro, there are wayyyyyyyy better T-booster formulas designed for mature men.
Any Side Effects?
For the most part, user reports of side effects are low—in actuality, the general online consensus surrounding TestoGen is positive. Yet, despite the “highly safe” profiles of these natural T-boosters, they’re still funking with your hormones (for better or worse), so be mindful of your pre-existing T-levels before diving into TestoGen.
Also, we already spoke our concern over the high Zinc content in this formula: Zinc is good, but too much Zinc can be risky… Definitely monitor your Zinc intake while taking this supplement.
- Bodybuilding T-Boosts. For the athletes on the streets.
- Sex-Enhancement. For the freaks in the sheets.
- Transparent Label. Props for no prop blends!
- Affordable. Not bad in an otherwise expensive market.
- Plain, Inferior Forms. Too many low-potent, non-standardized ingredients.
- Questionable Dosages. Too much zinc, too little D3.
- Questionable Practices. Despite a seemingly solid formula, way too many derps.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $54.95
- 3 bottles: $119.95 ($39.98 per)
- 5 bottles: $179.95 ($35.99 per)
- Available only online
If you buy directly from the TestoGen website, the manufacturers offer a 60-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. But beware: Under the “REFUND POLICY” the manufacturers state that a “processing fee of $20 per order” will be applied to all refunds to cover “handling and administrative charges.” Additionally, you must have used TestoGen for a minimum of 8 weeks before applying for a refund—essentially, giving unsatisfied users a 4-day window to request that refund.
Final Word on TestoGen
TestoGen lurks like a shady street-dealer, yet it might work like a charm. That is to say, despite appearances, some of TestoGen’s T-boosters are the real deal. But we just can’t get past how badly they effed up their zinc dosing. Therefore, we give this formula a decent rating, but refuse to recommend it. Sorry TestoGen! Get back to us when you figure out how to Daily Value percentages for nutrients.