Here’s what you’re going to do.
See the “Search” bar at the top right?
Enter “MuscleTech,” hit enter, and check out how diverse & well-received their products are in reviews.
In this day & age, we’re often inclined to go “punk rock” against the system, throwing up our middle fingers to BIG business, because BIG business is, like, part of the Man, maaaan, you know what i mean, maaaaaaan?
Yet, this huge company tosses out some quality products on the regular (including Hydroxycut SX 7 Black Onyx — one of our top fat-burners — and Shatter SX 7). Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx is no exception. Man.
About Test 3x SX 7 Black Onyx
Manufactured by MuscleTech, Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx ranks in the SX 7 Black Onyx series as “THE MOST POWERFUL & HARDCORE TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING FORMULA” thanks in large part to its heavy dose of D-Aspartic Acid. Is this true or just marketing BS? Formula notes:
- D-Aspartic Acid: If you see D-Aspartic Acid on the label, then you can bet your sweet ass that you’re looking at a true T-booster.
- Pro-Anabolic: Not only does Test 3x focus on T, but it addresses other hormones that are otherwise detrimental to muscle gains.
- Non-Proprietary: The primary blend is non-proprietary, showing all of its ingredient dosages. Which makes us… well… happy.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Caplets|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg (50% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||1 mcg (17% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate)||30 mg (200% DV)|
|Test Extreme Matrix|
|D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)||3.12 g|
|Tribulus fruit extract (as Tribulus terrestris)|
Standardized for 45% saponins
|Boron citrate Supplying 5% boron||200 mg|
|Ashwagandha root and leaf extract (as Withania somnifera) (Sensoril®)||125 mg|
|Safed musli root extract (as Chlorophytum borivilianum)||100 mg|
|Yacon root (as Smallanthus sonchifolius)||100 mg|
|Olive leaf extract (as Olea europaea)|
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Coating (Titanium dioxide, Polyethylene glycol, Talc), Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate, Crospovidone, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame-Potassium
Take 1 serving (4 caplets) once daily with water. Do not exceed 1 serving (4 caplets) in a 24-hour period. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.
Test 3x SX 7 Black Onyx ups T, downs E, and reduces C… in theor-E.
Test 3x sells itself as a 3-in-1 testosterone-booster, those three points being:
- Increased testosterone
- Decreased estradiol
- Reduced cortisol
Theoretically, this multi-angled approach on T-boosting should raise the bar on male health across the board, particularly in the athletic muscle building department. And for the most part this theory holds true, judging by the number of powerful well-researched T-boosters that literally help you raise the bar.
Yet, there are also a few errors in this formula that you should be aware of.
Let’s differentiate the good vs. bad here, doods:
Vitamins & Minerals
Whether we’re measuring dosage, quality, or purpose, three of the four ingredients that this product features could use a little improvement. Yet, the one positive ingredient that makes these worth it:
- Zinc. Big bad Zinc, the biggest, baddest mineral for boosting T. Works by directly fueling testosterone synthesis–important for the sweaty, active men who are prone to Zinc loss via sweat. Supplied in a hefty 30 mg dosage & decent form (gluconate).
Vitamin B6 also qualifies as a T-booster, with additional mood-enhancing nootropic benefits, but it’s in a lesser form (P-5-P is better than Pyridoxine HCl, used in advanced supplements for mental dominance) & low dosed (2 mg??). Additionally, Vitamin B12 doesn’t do much for T & Folate is only generally recommended to pregnant women.
Test Extreme Matrix
If Test 3x boosts T, then it’ll be thanks to this blend.
And, first impressions, there are two things we like about this blend:
- It’s non-proprietary. So we can see all the dosages.
- D-Aspartic Acid. Which definitely boosts T.
So there’s your review: Test Extreme Matrix has DAA, therefore Test 3x boosts T. There’s a reason why DAA tops our BIG LIST of T-Boosters, and why many Top T-Boosters feature DAA as their leading ingredient. It simply works–one study suggesting that DAA may increase T by 42% in as short as 12 days.
Aside from DAA, we’re seeing a couple ingredients that fulfill the E-decreasing, C-reducing promises made by MuscleTech:
- Boron. Perhaps the second manliest mineral for a test booster to use (behind Zinc), Boron aids T levels by inhibiting aromatase–the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to estrogen.
- Ashwagandha. Potent, branded ashwagandha extract. Its adaptogenic properties help the body “adapt” to stress, eliminating excess levels of stress hormone cortisol.
Combined, DAA, Boron, + Ashwagandha accomplish the 3-in-1 angle advertised by Test 3x. Additionally, Tribulus Terrestris seems to further support male health by increasing libido, but it doesn’t do much for male hormones. On that note, neither do Chlorophytum, Yacon, or Olive leaf. In fact, Olive extract has been shown to actually decrease male sexual health, so we’re not entirely sure why Test 3x is using it… At least it’s in a small enough dosage to not have much of an effect.
So is Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx the “MOST POWERFUL & HARDCORE TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING FORMULA” on the market? Well, we can confirm that it has one of the most powerful & hardcore testosterone boosting ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid–in addition to other major ball-droppers (Zinc, Boron, Ashwagandha).
On the whole, Test 3x does enough to impress us. It has:
- 3 Best5 Favorites. DAA, Zinc, Boron.
- Multi-Angled T-Boosts. T up. E down. C maintained.
- Dosage Transparency. Zero proprietary shenanigans.
Because MuscleTech is a huge manufacturer, it naturally draws a lot of criticism for its weaker products. Yet none of that applies here: Test 3x is clearly a strong T-booster.
Our only issues with the formula relate to the low dosages & qualities of a few of the vitamins (B6, B12, Folate) and to the questionable low-priority herbs marked at the bottom of the blend (Chlorophytum, Yacon, Olive leaf).
Olive leaf, in particular, doesn’t need to be here at all.
Combined, these negatives draw from the overall power of Test 3x’s T-boosts. Yet, luckily, there’s enough T-boosts here to get your muscles pumpin’ & your sex drive humpin’.
Just, uh… make sure you check out Test 3x’s price tag before getting too excited.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Benefits
Aside from calling itself “THE MOST POWERFUL & HARDCORE TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING FORMULA,” Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx also claims the following benefits:
- Subjects increased testosterone by over 40%
- Optimizes testosterone and estradiol levels
- Reduces cortisol by 14.5%
Due to the research-backed additions of DAA, Boron, & Ashwagandha, these claims check out. However, ignore the “Subjects” phrasing. Test 3x was not clinically tested on “Subjects” as this line would indicate. DAA was, which is where this 40% figure comes from, but not Test 3x.
Classic supplement malarkey.
Who Takes It?
Swaggy Meatheads. Big bodybuilding men intent on building big body, regardless of the price. Yet, even the older mature gents who are looking to simply restore T to youthful levels may benefit from this T-booster.
Any Side Effects?
None reported. Incidentally, Test 3x is backed by a number of positive reviews, none of which indicate any side effects with this T-booster. Even so, we’d recommend taking a 1 – 2 week “off” cycle following a 30-day “on” cycle, so your balls don’t, like… fall off or something.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Summary
- B5 Favorites. DAA, Zinc, & Boron are great for T & athletic gains.
- 3-in-1 Benefits. Covers various dimensions of male hormonal health.
- Non-Prop. Hell ya, MuscleTech. Keep the proprietary BS out of it.
- Questionable Vitamins. Remove or replace these vitamins with better vitamins.
- Questionable Herbs. Olive leaf extract seems to decrease male sexual health.
- Expensive. Can you put a price on healthy testosterone? Yes. And many T-boosters don’t go as high as this. Even if you shop around before you buy, be prepared to shell out.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $99.99
- Available to buy online (inc. Amazon) and in retail stores (inc. GNC)
Final Word on Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx
Test 3x SX 7 Black Onyx mixes a few of the most powerful & hardcore testosterone boosting ingredients with a few duds & one outright “bad” ingredient. The sum total is a T-booster that definitely boosts T, which is more than we can say about most boosters. Whether or not it deserves that price tag is up to you, but strictly on the merits of its formula, we give it two muscly thumbs up.