3Xtreme. How do you even say that?
That last one sounds right. But we’ll leave it to you BROS to figure out the pronunciation of T-Bomb 3Xtreme—after all, we’re not grammaticians here at B5. God dammit.
Now, let’s see how Tee-bombuh-three-times-treamy stacks up.
About T-Bomb 3Xtreme
Manufactured by the “Performance Nutrition Innovators” MHP, T-Bomb 3Xtreme is the third T-Bomb that’s, well… EXTREME! The idea: Take the clinically-studied T-Bomb II formula and make it more “T-Bombier.” This is the T-Bombiest T-booster, yet. Formula notes:
- Test Legacy: This is the 3rd revision of a T-booster that dates back to 2002. It’s well-established, and it keeps getting updated. That’s credible, bro.
- Long List of Ingredients: Three minerals, two blends with 14 ingredients & 10 ingredients, respectively. Is it possible for them all to work?
- Clinically Studied: T-Bomb’s selling-point: It’s been clinically researched. Not just its ingredients, but the entire formula. Daaaaamn, T-Bomb!
T-Bomb 3Xtreme Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 56
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)||15 mg (4% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate)||25 mg (167% DV)|
|Copper (as Copper Gluconate)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Optimone-5™: Five-Phase Hormone Optimizing Blend:||1,084 mg|
|Tribulus terrestris (15% Protodioscin, 60% Saponins)(whole plant), Fenugreek Seed Extract (50% Saponins), Chrysin, Red Clover Extract, (8% Isoflavones)(aerial parts), Kudzu Root (Pueraria lobata) extract (40% Isoflavones), Zinc sulfate, Long Jack 20:1 Extract (root)(Eurycoma longifolia Jack), Copper Gluconate, DIM (Diindolylmethane), Avena Sativa 10:1 extract (aerial parts), Beta Sitosterol, Stinging Nettle Leaf 4:1 Extract, Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (25% Total Sterols and Free Fatty Acids), and BioPerine® (Black Pepper Fruit Extract).|
|2nd Messenger™ Hormone Amplifiers: Receptor Signal Transduction Blend:||625 mg|
|Flaxseed [Fatty Acid Profile (Linolenic 8%, Linoleic 2.5%, Oleic 2.5%)], Stearic Acid, Glycine, Magnesium Oxide, L-Arginine (as HCl), Dipotassium Phosphate, Dl Malic Acid, L-Methionine, Cordyceps Extract (fungi)(Cordyceps sinensis), and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide reduced from Disodium (NADH).|
|Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, White Film Coat Ingredients (Hypromellose, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, and Titanium Dioxide), Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica.|
|Directions For Clinical Strength T-Bomb 3Xtreme: As a dietary supplement, take 3 tablets in the morning and 3 tablets in the evening.|
T-Bomb 3Xtreme is the new definition of a “Mixed Bag.”
We already counted them for you: 27 ingredients. That can be both good and bad… great T-Boosters can make this many ingredients work, but it ain’t easy. Let’s find out if T-Bomb 3Xtreme ranks among the greats, beginning with its minerals:
- Magnesium. This mineral works for boosting free & total testosterone, particularly in athletic males. Magnesium is a must in this formula, but there needs to be way more than 15 mg.
- Zinc. Our #2 T-booster on our BIG LIST of T-Boosters, Zinc triggers T synthesis & neutralizes prolactin. Zinc Citrate is better than Zinc Sulfate, but this heavy 25 mg dosage is the bomb diggity.
- Copper. T-boosters typically add copper to resist Zinc-induced copper deficiency. Smart formulation.
T-Bomb 3Xtreme needs Vitamin B6 to fulfill the ZMA trio, a powerful athletic T-boosting stack, but, regardless, Zinc & Magnesium are the important minerals that we’re happy to see here.
Now onto the formula’s star: “Five-Phase Hormone Optimizing Blend”:
Optimone-5, 1,084 mg
First things first, there are 14 ingredients in this blend alone with only 1,084 mg to share among them. Spread evenly (average 77 mg per ingredient), this blend looks too thin from the get-go.
BUT, judging by the high-quality of these ingredients, we feel there’s a lot happening here that works.
Let’s take a look at the first 5 ingredients:
- Tribulus Terrestris. People swear by it. Yet, research suggests that it only indirectly helps T status, and only in men with low T. All the same, it’s a potent sex-enhancer and great for anabolic muscle gains.
- Fenugreek Seed Extract. Unlike Tribulus, Fenugreek definitely works for T in addition to physical & sexual performance—explaining its popularity in athletic-enhancing T-boosters. It works by inhibiting T-killing enzymes & hormones, which also includes reducing manly DHT.
- Chrysin. This cool sounding compound does boost T… but only when it’s injected directly into the testicles. Its extremely low oral bioavailability makes it questionable here.
- Red Clover Extract. Used for anti-estrogen hormonal support in many T-boosters, Red Clover makes sense here… but research is mixed, and focuses mostly on women’s health.
- Kudzu Root Extract. Another ingredient used for women’s conditions, Kudzu makes theoretical sense, but lacks the proper science to warrant its use in male T-boosters.
Beyond the big 5, we know dosages get smaller and smaller. After Kudzu is Zinc, which, as we already pointed out, is sitting on 25 mg. This is fine for Zinc. But everything after it—Longjack, Avena Sativa, Stinging Nettle, and so on–is less than 25 mg. Looking pretty thin, T-BOMB… but the ingredients themselves are on-point for men’s needs, supporting test, sex drive, erections, and even prostate health and urinary health.
Plus, almost every herb here is presented in a highly-potent, concentrated extract, so we’ll give props to T-Bomb for that. And, they got BioPerine (low-dose tho), an awesome ingredient that boosts nutrient absorption.
Overall, this blend has awesome T-Boosters, but tries to fit too many in one capsule. T-BOMB shows off some skillful formulation along the way: By using premium ingredients, they compensate a bit for the lower dosages.
2nd Messenger Hormone Amplifier, 625 mg
The same issue we had with the last blend applies here. Look where Magnesium sits in the blend, only 4 ingredients down this 10 ingredient list. This means that 7 of the 10 ingredients here are dosed at 15 mg or less.
That’s too low for Magnesium and its too low for L-Arginine, L-Methionine, Cordyceps—although, Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide is fine at very low dosages… regardless of whether NAD supplementation is necessary (NADH deficiency is rare).
The good news: This means that at least 520 mg is dedicated to Flaxseed Oil and Glycine, the important ingredients in this blend:
- Flaxseed Oil. These types of Omega-3 fatty acids are solid for all-around general health. One particular benefit relevant to this formula: Hormone balance.
- Glycine. Taken with Arginine & Methionine, Glycine helps boost the body’s natural production of creatine = More bodybuilding energy.
There’s solid hormone balancing/energy producing potential here, but we bet some dosages are low, and too much of this blend — stuff like Stearic Acid, Dipotassium Phosphate, & Dl Malic Acid — looks like an extension of the “Other Ingredients.”
When you fill your formula with 27 ingredients, there are inevitable pros & cons. In this sense, T-Bomb 3Xtreme is just playing its odds, throwing down chips across the T-boosting roulette table, hoping that one of its ingredients scores big.
The pitfall with this approach: The “loser” chips might create a net loss against the “winner” chips’ net gain.
Yes, odds are you’ll score some solid T-boosts from this huge formula, but imagine if T-Bomb slimmed its formula to double down on the dosages & ingredient quality of male enhancers that work: Zinc, Magnesium, Tribulus, Fenugreek, Longjack, Avena Sativa, Stinging Nettle, Glycine, L-Arginine, L-Methionine, Cordyceps…
Hell, that list of ingredients alone is impressive. That’s an exciting product.
But when the formula becomes inflated with a load of meh ingredients at lower doses—the extra weight starts to drag it down (while ironically increasing its price).
Yet, MHP stands by their formula and its Five-Phase Hormone Optimizing Blend—the five phases being:
- Increase Natural Testosterone Production
- Inhibit SHBG and Increase “Free” Testosterone
- Inhibit the Testosterone-to-Estrogen Conversion Rate
- Block Estrogen Receptors
- Lower Conversion of Testosterone to DHT
Clinically, many of the ingredients in T-Bomb accomplish these phases.
MHP took it further, putting the entire formula to the test to see if it satisfies this “Five-Phase” philosophy in a collaboration with the University of Tampa:
- The results of the study suggested that T-Bomb II (the less potent version of T-Bomb 3Xtreme) increases free & total T, as well as anabolic muscle metabolism among intensely training college athletes.
Granted, this comprises only one study on a small population of 20 athletes, but we’re impressed that MHP took their product to the clinical test—a rare event in the supplement industry.
In the end, T-Bomb plays the odds with its formula and wins, with the numbers to back it, too, but it also loses a lot of T-boosting along the way.
T-Bomb 3Xtreme Benefits
According to the Tampa study, T-Bomb II resulted in:
- Increased (free) T by 32%
- Increased anabolic muscle measures
Considering that T-Bomb 3Xtreme is the enhanced version of T-Bomb II, we’re confident that these numbers remain intact, if not amplified. Naturally, what follow these effects are the secondary effects of T-boosting: Enhanced sex, strength gains, energy, etc. etc.…
Either way, T-Bomb has enough balls to rank as a qualified T-booster.
Who Takes It?
High Intensity Athletes. One of the downsides to exercising too much is the paradoxical consequence of decreased T production and catabolic muscle states. T-Bomb 3Xtreme’s formula & marketing seem to be directly directed towards those problems. This isn’t a mature male-oriented T-booster as much as it’s a sports nutritional performance enhancer.
Any Side Effects?
T-Bomb has been around much longer than most T-boosters, so, naturally, it’s been subjected to more criticism—positive & negative—than most T-boosters. One rare side effect reported by T-Bomb users is aggression/irritation. On the whole, T-Bomb 3Xtreme uses natural, high-quality ingredients, so we feel it’s safe to call this a safe substance.
T-Bomb 3Xtreme Summary
- Clinically Supported. One of the few products that can actually claim this.
- Performance Enhancer. T-boosts that help the young, athletic demographics.
- Quality Ingredients. Potency builds confidence against lower doses.
- Smart Formulation. Advanced testosterone strategies on display.
- Credible. We like the long legacy of this line of test-boosters.
- Prop Blends. Why hide your dosages, yo?
- Some Low Dosages. Consequence of 27 ingredients in 1 cap.
- Questionable Ingredients. Some of ’em just lack bona fide science.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $46.97 – 79.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on T-Bomb 3Xtreme
T-Bomb 3Xtreme gains our confidence with the Tampa study & its high quality ingredient forms. As such, on paper, T-Bomb 3Xtreme’s benefits rank it in line with the BIG dawg T-boosters. But, its 27-ingredient “shoot-and-pray” design lowers the bar on this product a bit, while upping the price. But no matter, bro… however you slice-and-dice it, T-Bomb 3Xtreme is DA BOMB.