STATUS claims 178% More Testosterone.
But visit STATUS’s website, and you see no clinical research, not even a summary, no nothin‘ backing up that 178% claim.
So right off the bat, STATUS is a little sketch, bro.
But let’s take a closer look at the formula anyway, to see if it confirms our suspicion that this is a T-booster to avoid.
Made by Blue Star Nutraceuticals, STATUS is a fenugreek-driven T-booster that’s apparently formulated for younger Bros — it seem to focus on muscle mass gains and sexual performance enhancement above all. Formula notes:
- 178% T Boost: Allegedly. We call B.S. on this claim. But more details on that below.
- Estrogen Inhibition: Nice to see a T-booster using this indirect pathway to raising testosterone levels.
- TestoSURGE®: Looks like the formula driving force; a fenugreek extract standardized to 80% active grecunin.
STATUS Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)||21 mg (1050%)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||180 mg (50%)|
|Zinc (as Monomethionine and Aspartate)||12 mg (80%)|
|Status Proprietary Blend||1088 mg|
|Clinically Proven Testosterone Stack|
|TestoSURGE® (Trigonella Foenum – Graecum) (seed)(Standardized to 80% Grecunin)|
|Longjack (Eurycoma longifolia) (root)|
|Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) (berries)|
|XD Delivery Technology|
|Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum)|
Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
|Directions for use: Workout Days: Take one serving 30 minutes before your workout. Non-Workout Days: Take one serving 30-45 minutes before bedtime on an empty stomach.|
STATUS has got way too many empty spaces on the Supplement Facts for us to take it seriously.
Where’s the damn dosages? Where’s the concentrated extracts & standardized herbs?
Sure, they aim to give you a good T boost and a libido that, and we quote, “goes from afternoon delight to breakfast in bed.” ::facepalm::
But while that superhuman sexual prowess sounds great, wild “male performance” and “178% more T” claims HURT credibility when you look at STATUS’s supplement facts — which don’t have the potency or mojo to back up all that trash talk.
Let’s take a closer look, and break down the ingredients in STATUS.
Zinc, Magnesium, and B6
They seem to make use of ZMA, but with weaker forms for its respective constituents. The preferred forms would be in citrate for both minerals (yes, even for the magnesium “aspartate” that makes the “A” in “ZMA”) and P-5-P for the B6. That’s what the good shit T-boosters use.
STATUS’s dosages here are also out-of-whack, with too much B6 and magnesium, but not nearly enough of Zinc, which is the most important mineral T-Booster.
Plus, uh-oh, look out… Derp Alert!
Red Flag: DV% Label Derp
STATUS supplies 180 mg of magnesium which is labeled as “50% DV.” WRONG-O. The actual DV for Magnesium is 400 mg, which means STATUS’s 180 mg is actually 45% DV. It might not seem like much, but sloppy mistakes like this make it hard to trust a supplement manufacturer. DV is about as basic as it gets! Get with the program, STATUS!
Clinically Proven Testosterone Stack
- TestoSURGE®. A novel, proprietary substance extracted from Fenugreek seeds and is created by INDUS BIOTECH. A study they sponsored concluded that 500 mg daily dosages of this ingredient boosted T in 8 weeks…. but take a close look at the study, and you’ll see it’s pretty shoddy in terms of credibility.
- Longjack (Eurycoma longifolia) (root). A sex enhancer and a good T booster but the plain form they are using is way lacking in quality, especially considering that other (way better) T-Booster stacks supply Longjack as a 100:1 extract that’s 100X more powerful than this garbage.
- Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) (berries). Not an effective T booster, but it is shown to promote prostate health. Better prostate health may in turn promote urinary comfort and healthy sexual function.
Red Flag: “Clinically Proven”
We call B.S., yet again, on STATUS here. What they are implying is TestoSurge+LongJack+Saw Palmetto in combination is clinically proven for T. But this is a flat-out lie. We don’t even believe this 3-ingredient-stack is clinically studied, let alone clinically proven.
PROOF is a powerful concept, Bros. You can’t trust a company that bandies about this word carelessly… especially when they don’t back it up with any actual, you know, proof… like a well-designed clinical research study with human subjects. SHOW US THE STUDY, STATUS!
- Resveratrol: Grape-derived, backed by weak evidence to block the conversion of T to estrogen by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme.
- Chrysin: It “functions” as a T booster by sensitizing the testicles to produce more testosterone and inhibiting aromatase. It’s a conflicted compound, shown to be poorly absorbed with one study finding less than 1% of 400 mg taken orally actually reaches the bloodstream.
XD Delivery Technology
- Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum). Added to boost nutrient absorption & fat-burning.
- Fumarate and Succinate. May improve absorption on a cellular level. Succinate supports fumarate in this process.
STATUS is a product meant to boost T, and despite us ripping on their sloppy ass mistakes and deceptive marketing practices, they do use some decent T-Boosters (even though they fail to use most of the BEST).
Further, their approach of including an estrogen-blocking blend and an absorption-enhancement blend seems to suggest an intelligently formulated T-booster stack.
Our main formula beef with STATUS stems from their use of the usual prop blend nonsense; hiding all of the dosages of the most important T-booster ingredients.
Our secondary beef is with ingredient quality. TESTOSurge has the apperance of a quality branded ingredient, but we’re not sold on it, or the “research” behind it.
STATUS’s other herbals are WEAK — not standardized, not concentrated… just low-grade, with no mojo.
We do like the estrogen-inhibition angle, but the compounds they use — resveratrol and chrysin — aren’t the best in this category. Resveratrol shows promise, but chrysin is challenged by absorption difficulties.
If you really want chrysin to work, research says you’re going to have to let a doctor prick you in the balls and inject it. I ain’t letting no needle prick my balls, bro!
XD Delivery Technology is a cool name and a cool concept, so we will grudgingly supply props for STATUS’s effort to maximize nutrient absorption on a cellular level.
We wonder, perhaps the purpose of XD Delivery is to make sure chrysin is absorbed by the body as much as possible. Maybe we won’t need to take a needle to the nutsack, after all.
STATUS claims a benefit of a 178% boost in free testosterone. But we say, unless this benefit is validated by a research study that they proudly display (or at least summarize) on their website, consider it B.S. and move on. We do feel STATUS might deliver a moderate T-Boost (nowhere near 178%), enhance physical performance, and probably has some benefits for sexual performance as well. But their use of low-quality ingredients will drastically limit the potential benefits of the formula.
Who Takes It?
It’s definitely for men in their 30s or 40s looking to measure their boning performance in “times per day” instead of “times per month,” according to their website. Despite the name, STATUS is not a T-booster for accomplished and maturing gentlemen. Nope, this is for younger gym rats… and frankly, they could do a lot better… like this one here.
Any Side Effects?
No reported side effects, and no major red flags. However, the use of plain commodity herbs could be setting them up for some adverse events; we’d much rather see standardized forms that supply more of the active botanical compounds that bring benefits — and less of the weird, inert botanical compounds that don’t.
- Some decent ingredient choices. Well, they got zinc, anyway.
- Libido focus. Longjack & fenugreek for bros seeking stronger boners.
- Anti-Estrogen. Suggests some knowledge behind the formula strategy.
- Money back guarantee. They allow 60 days for replacement or refund.
- Expensive. Better products exist at lower prices.
- Prop Blend. Hides too much info to be critiqued properly.
- Junky forms. Plain powdered herbs of questionable repute.
- B.S. Aggressive claims without validation hurts credibility.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (One month): $69.99 on their website.
Final Word on STATUS
STATUS is not terrible. It’s not the Worst T-Booster in the World. But it’s really half-assed. If they upgraded to premium, high-potency nutrient forms, maybe it would work. But instead they use B.S. miracle claims and El Cheapo nutrients… which makes it seem like they’re pulling a fast one on us Bros. Avoid STATUS. There are WAY better T-boosting stacks out there for cheaper.