“POWERFUL, LEAN, SCULPTED PHYSIQUE…”
Alright, that sounds reasonable.
“And a RAGING LIBIDO.”
Oh shit, buckle the hell up. RevTest just cranked it up to eleven with that last one: Not only will this supplement have you looking powerful & ripped, but it’ll ignite in you a RAGING libido, an uncontrollable drive to just lay down your man essence wherever & however you see fit.
Do you think you’re ready for this?
More importantly, is the world ready for this?
Let’s find out:
RevTest (or Diesel Test–more on this later) is an “All-Natural Testosterone Booster” manufactured by RevLabs, claimed to increase “total” & “free” T through a 5-Stage Anabolic Activation process. What is that process? Don’t worry about: It’s really not relevant. Formula notes:
- Advanced Test-Drive Enhancement: The “Advanced” plan is to enhance T, reduce estrogen, & counter DHT, promoting anabolic muscle gains & libido boosts.
- 7-Keto DHEA: The DHEA is quality branded, but it’s still DHEA–a relatively under-researched, questionable prohormone that prevents athletes from using RevTest.
- Proprietary Blend: Most of the formula is hidden underneath a proprietary blend, an under-dosed prop blend at that, too.
RevTest Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Fenugreek Extract||350 mg (100% DV)|
|Tribulus Terrestris Extract||200 mg (100% DV)|
|D-Aspartic Acid||100 mg|
|Advanced Test-Drive Enhancement Matrix||245.4 mg|
|Epimedium 4:1 Extract, 7-Keto DHEA®, Zinc (from Zinc Oxide), Vitamin B9 (as Folic Acid), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)|
Gelatin capsules, brown rice flour, silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate.
In Workout Days: Take 2 capsules, 30 minutes before working out with a 16oz glass of water.
In Non Workout Days: Take 2 capsules, 30 minutes before breakfast with a 16oz glass of water.
RevTest stacks decent herbs, aminos, & compounds on an indecent proprietary blend.
There are at least a couple things that make the proprietary blend indecent:
- The fact that it’s a prop blend.
- The overall low dosage of the blend.
We can’t imagine this is enough to cover all of the ingredients under its belt, but perhaps we should check out the ingredient reviews before we say too much.
- Fenugreek Extract. Great for muscle recovery, powerful sex enhancer, decent testosterone booster. Or at least “free” testosterone booster for its anti-SHBG bio-effect.
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract. Boosts the boners but not the T. Which may come as a surprise: Tribulus is a hugely popular “T-booster,” despite not really boosting T.
- Diindolylmethane. Cruciferous compound, best known for its inhibition of aromatase, the enzyme responsible for converting T to estrogen.
- D-Aspartic Acid. The #1 T-boosting ingredient on our BIG List of T-Boosters, offered in a disappointingly loooow 100 mg dosage.
Advanced Test-Drive Enhancement Matrix
Most of this formula doesn’t really do much for testosterone, except for Zinc, the #2 T-boosting ingredient on our BIG List of T-Boosters. DHEA might help T levels, but not to the “super” degree that its prohormone status would suggest.
Also, because DHEA is a prohormone, it holds a spot on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List, so athletes beware.
The remaining ingredients, Horny Goat Weed, B9, & B12, are good ingredients for male health, but not necessarily testosterone. Horny Goat Weed may act as a a testosterone “mimic” rather than a testosterone booster, whereas the B vitamins are… well, B vitamins. They’re good for you, but they’re not the secret gateways to all your testosterone-laden dreams.
RevTest is a, uh… good formula… ish.
It’s not bad, we’ll give it that much.
But there are a few barriers barring this product from greatness–most noticeably:
- The Proprietary Blend. Hiding 5 ingredients under a single dosage, that isn’t that great to begin with, isn’t a good look for your formula.
- The Low DAA Dosage. This one especially hurts because it nullifies an otherwise great testosterone booster.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone. Or DHEA, one of the most overrated prohormone ingredients that doesn’t seem to do much outside of tainting professional athletes’ urine.
Aside from these points, RevTest ain’t bad, doing enough to warrant consideration. That enough primarily being the Fenugreek Extract, which is provided in a solid 350 mg dosage. For young trainers, Fenugreek & Tribulus are a solid muscle-replenishing/energizing duo, delivering potential performance enhancing benefits in the gym (& the bed).
However, it’d be a stretch to label RevTest as a BEST for TEST ranking booster.
It’s passable, which is perhaps more than we can say for most boosters.
What is Diesel Test?According to Google, RevTest has multiple personalities: Some links may lead you to the standard “RevTest”; others to “Rev Labs All Natural Testosterone Booster”; yet, on Rev Labs website, the advertised product is Diesel Test. What the hell is Diesel Test? Diesel Test is the same thing as RevTest. The only thing that has changed is the name of the product. And the only reason we haven’t titled this article as a Diesel Test Review is because most of the internet hasn’t seemed to caught up with the change, and is still selling the standard RevTest product. This is a no biggie, at least nothing worth getting your panties bunched up.
The benefits claimed by RevTest include:
- Maximize lean muscle mass
- Naturally enhance sex drive
- Increase stamina and strength
While testosterone may not be a huge factor in this “testosterone booster” supplement, the benefits of lean muscle mass, sex drive, stamina & strength seem valid considering the herbs & compounds chosen in this formula. Again, it’s a damn shame RevTest didn’t supply more DAA, otherwise we’d be looking at a completely different formula (check here for comparison), but ah well. What the hell can you do?
Who Takes It?
Mojo-Craving Men. RevTest appeals to men who “want to feel young, strong, and potent” or are looking to take their workout to “the next level.” The formula reads like a workout aid, not so much as a youth-restoring man enhancer.
Any Side Effects?
None reported. We wouldn’t expect any nasty side effects from this otherwise safe, all-natural supplement. You may smell like maple syrup from the Fenugreek, but that’s harmless. Other than that, our only concern is the DHEA, which may trigger a positive drug test. So competitive athletes steer clear from RevTest, or you’ll soon find yourself looking for work.
- Fenugreek. Helps muscle recovery, “free” T, and libido.
- Zinc. Sweaty gym-goers are likely to benefit from Zinc supplementation.
- Decent Quality. The herbs are at least extracts and not cheap powder.
- Low Dose DAA. Huge missed opportunity here.
- Prop Blend. The proprietary blend hides over half of the formula’s dosages.
- DHEA. Doesn’t seem to be worth the risk.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $54.97
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on RevTest
RevTest is an average formula, so average that, after finishing this review, we sort of just want to sleep for a bit. It’s not a bad formula, earning the “T-booster” status, but we can’t imagine this is Rev Labs best effort. Perhaps next time they change the name, they should also change the formula up a bit, too, eh? (HINT HINT: More DAA!)