The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
…Is your mind still intact?
Because you just got hit with a MIND-BLOWING paradox. Now here’s a scarier paradox for you: Increasing your testosterone also increases your estrogen.
We’ll call this the “Bodybuilders’ Paradox.”
It’s the body’s natural protection against abnormal rises in testosterone—unfortunately, the body doesn’t take into consideration intentional, supplemented rises in T. And perhaps you’re currently looking to boost T without growing a pair of tits.
We don’t blame you.
Lucky for us, P6 Chrome addresses the “bodybuilders’ paradox,” providing a T-boosting formula that covers both T & E levels.
About Cellucor P6 Chrome
Presented as one of the cheaper options under Cellucor’s P6 series, P6 Chrome takes a short, simple, and sweet approach to T-boosting with an estrogen-blocking twist. While we’re not sure what “Chrome” means, the P6 series has some decent formulas… despite prop blend shenanigans. Formula notes:
- All-Natural T-Boosts: Calling on 3 popular “man herbs,” Cellucor takes the botanical route to support healthy T levels from a few different angles.
- ‘SHROOMS, BRO! Okay, not really… but the formula uses an increasingly researched estrogen-blocking fungus extract shown to inhibit the T-killer aromatase.
- One BIG, fat Blend: It’s one thing to hide part of your formula… P6 Chrome hides all of its formula under a prop blend… *face palm* At least Chrome is only 5 ingredients; more dosage to go around.
Cellucor P6 Chrome Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|P6 Chrome™ Blend||1,445 mg|
|Adaptest™ Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Root Extract, Tribulus Alatus Fruit Extract, Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) Seed Extract, Agaricus Bisporus Fruit Extract, 3,3’-Diindolylmethane|
Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide), Rice Flour, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.
|Directions: Take on serving (2 capsules) daily with or without food. DO NOT EXCEED 2 CAPSULES PER DAY. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.|
The P6 Chrome Blend: 3 parts T-booster, 2 parts estrogen-blocker.
Mix them all together, hide their dosages, and you have yourself a P6 T-booster. But let’s see what makes this one different:
P6 Chrome™ Blend, 1,445 mg
Ignoring the fact that this entire formula is hidden under a proprietary blend (dick move, guys…), we’re happy to see a decent overall dosage here: 1,445 mg. Not the largest blend, but enough.
P6 Chrome misses out on our favorite B5 T-Boosters, instead relying on the increasingly popular herbal trifecta: Ashwagandha, Tribulus, Fenugreek.
- Ashwagandha. Adaptest™ is Cellucor’s trademarked version of KSM-66—our preferred form of Ashwagandha, which shows boosts in T by 17%. Ashwagandha is particularly interesting for its anti-stress properties, which provide a number of additional health benefits to this formula.
- Tribulus alatus. Perhaps you’re familiar with the more common Tribulus terrestris… well, Tribulus alatus is better. Despite being good for male health, we lack confidence in terrestris’ T-boosts. Alatus, on the other hand, shows more promise for potentially increasing “free T” levels.
- Fenugreek. Extract form guarantees higher potency than standard form. Fenugreek makes for an awesome sex-enhancer, but only a decent T-booster—believed to indirectly increase testosterone by inhibiting T-killing hormones & enzymes.
In the P6 series, P6 Chrome pays special attention to blocking estrogen. The 2 ingredients it chooses to do this are:
- Agaricus bisporus. Sounds fancy, but it’s essentially white button mushroom. Certain extracts of this fungus are believed to inhibit aromatase—that horrible enzyme that converts T to estrogen.
- 3-Diindolylmethane. We understand why DIM keeps popping up in T-boosters… We just don’t necessarily agree with it. Cellucor includes it to “modulate estrogen metabolism”—however, the science is conflicted on this, sometimes showing the potential to decrease T.
The blend looks strong. Our only point of disagreement: DIM. Luteolin would be smarter here, but you know… woulda, shoulda, coulda.
Under Cellucor’s P6 umbrella, P6 Chrome looks like the most focused & condensed T-boosting formula in the series—cashing in at only 5 ingredients. Additionally, P6 Chrome’s identity leans more heavily on “estrogen-blocking” than the other P6 products (P6 Xtreme also addresses estrogen with Agaricus bisporus, but that formula’s also ~$120 more expensive than P6 Chrome… yikes).
But before we get into estrogen, let’s tackle the T-boosters:
- P6 Chrome takes the all-natural, herbal route towards boosting testosterone, and the ingredient choices they make are full of premium, high-quality All 3 are in extract form, one of them (Ashwagandha) even being specially branded & trademarked for the P6 series. Most impressively, Cellucor uses the uncommon, more proven strain of Tribulus in this formula—sacrificing profit for better T-boosts… That’s called love for the consumer, brother.
While we appreciate the simplicity & brevity of this formula, we’d like to see a little more effort on the estrogen-blocking end of the bargain. P6 Chrome makes it a point to “keep your estrogen in check,” but only offers one estrogen-blocker (we’re ignoring DIM, because we don’t believe in it).
There’s a chance we’re being dinkwads here—perhaps Agaricus alone is enough to keep estrogen in check—but it’s hard to tell with a prop blend. Replacing DIM with a superior ingredient choice would help build our trust.
Having said that, the formula showcases enough working parts to call itself a bona fide T-booster & estrogen-blocker.
P6 Chrome Benefits
If the formula looks simple, then so are its purported benefits:
- Supports healthy T levels while controlling estrogen
- Increases lean muscle & sexual function
The second point on “lean muscle & sexual function” is sort of a “gimme” here, considering that these are 2 of the primary benefits of boosting testosterone—but you could also throw in muscle & strength gains.
Again, estrogen-blocking is unique to P6 Chrome and 1 of 2 ingredients (Agaricus bisporus) check out for this. Fenugreek might aid this purpose, as well.
Essentially, P6 Chrome looks like a straight-up, no BS T-booster with mild estrogen inhibition—however, we’d argue that they’re being somewhat modest in their phrasing on “supports healthy T levels.”
Granted, P6 Chrome doesn’t sport any big dog boosters, such as D-AA-CC or Zinc, but its herbal trio looks like it will support healthy T levels and then some…
Not huge T-boosts, but enough to warrant our approval.
Who Takes It?
Grown Ass MEN take it, son! (i.e. mature bodybuilders). P6 Chrome states it’s intended for “healthy, adult men, 18 years of age or older,” but to us it has an “age 30+” feel, maybe because of the anti-estrogen and male libido emphasis. Still, it’ll help T in all age groups, especially in those who hit the gym.
Any Side Effects?
Nope. Based on the all-natural, herbal selection of ingredients, we’d be pretty surprised to find any side effects with P6 Chrome. The worst we can say: DIM has questionable effects on T, so we’ll stay tuned on research. Plus, you might smell like maple syrup from the Fenugreek… but maple syrup is delicious.
P6 Chrome Summary
- T-Boosting Trifecta. 3 high-potency, T-boosting herb extracts.
- E-Blocking Mushroom. Agaricus bisporus is a pretty “fun guy.”
- Straightforward formula. Efficient design; just 5 ingredients.
- 1 Branded Ingredient. Adaptest is premium-quality Ashwagandha.
- Proprietary Blend. Not one ingredient dosage is shown.
- No “Big Dogs” T-Boosters. At least give us Zinc!
- DIM. There are better options than this…
- Plain forms. Missed chance to use standardized herbs.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $39.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on P6 Chrome
Does P6 Chrome offer MIND-BLOWING results? Nehhh.. No. The formula’s simplicity is sort of a double-edged sword here: It gets straight to the point on T-boosting, but ends before any BIG boosts are accomplished. Yet, it is relatively affordable, and does a good job targeting the estrogen pathway that many other T-boosters ignore. Worth a shot, Bros, especially if you got estrogen concerns (::cough:: man boobs…)