When it comes to grading “manliness,” it’s imperative to replace the A-F grading scale with the T grading scale.
This makes sense—All the manliest things begin with T:
- Tom Selleck
- Three Men and a Baby (Starring Tom Selleck)
- Um… Three Tom Sellecks
Bearing the most gallant letter in the alphabet, Onnit T+ boldly self-establishes its name as one of the manliest powders on the market. Under the old grading system, “boldness” would get you a B. But here, that’s nowhere near good enough…
To best assess Onnit’s manhood, we’ll need the manliest T of them all: The Truth.
About Onnit T+
Manufactured by the reputable Onnit Labs, Onnit T+ is a pre-workout/T-booster hybrid that offers “TOTAL STRENGTH + PERFORMANCE” with its new formula. For a male supplement, this is a beyond-cliché statement—however, the road it takes to get you there is refreshingly unique. Formula notes:
- Pre-Workout Performance Enhancer: BCAAs & amino acids prime and replenish muscles for more reps & bigger gains.
- Male Hormone Support: Power & Support Blends prevent T & estrogen levels from getting outta whack.
- All-Natural, Stimulant-Free: “I can’t believe it’s not bullshit!” Us neither, but it’s true: No synthetics and no caffeine.
Onnit T+ Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops (14g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||7.5 mg (375% DV)|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||100 mg (1000% DV)|
|Magnesium Aspartic Acid||40 mg (10% DV)|
|Onnit Performo Blend™||4380 mg|
|L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine, Beta Alanine|
|Onnit Power Blend™||3440 mg|
|D-Aspartic Acid, Mucuna pruriens (seed) Extract, Eurycoma longifolia (root) Extract, Stinging Nettle (root) Extract|
|Onnit Support Blend™||470 mg|
|Red Clover (tops) Extract, Luteolin, Resveratrol [from Japanese Knotweed (root) Extract]|
|BioPerine® Black Pepper (fruit) Extract||5 mg (? DV)|
Soy Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Xylitol, Natural Flavors, Erythritol, Citric Acid, Stevia (leaf) Extract
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! The T+ you’re looking at is the new & improved T+. But, what about it is “new & improved”? Overall, the formula has increased from 11 g servings to 14 g servings, without any reductions in ingredient dosages. The added weight comes from more BCAAs and more sex-enhancing Longjack (Eurycoma longifolia). This is good news for the athlete and the ladies’ man. Or both.
Onnit T+ maintains its hybrid Pre-Workout/T-Booster identity, this time with more pre-workout T-boosting.
Let’s see if the concept matches reality:
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl): Not the best form (P-5-P is better), but a “decent” mood-elevating T-booster.
- Pantothenic Acid: Common essential Vitamin B5, involved in ATP-producing Krebs cycle.
- Magnesium Aspartic Acid: Proven T-boosting mineral bound to our #1 Best5 T-Booster.
- BioPerine® Black Pepper: Branded + Standardized = Awesome. Enhances nutrient absorption—yes, even at 5 mg.
Onnit Performo Blend™, 4380 mg
No, “Performo” isn’t Spanish (nor Italian, French, German, or Swahili), but with a heavy load of BCAAs, L-Glutamine, and Beta Alanine under its belt, the translation is pretty clear:
This is the Performance–Enhancing Blend.
BCAAs (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine) are essential amino acids that increase the rate of protein synthesis (muscle building), while decreasing protein breakdown. Adding L-Glutamine (most common amino acid in muscle tissue) helps maintain positive muscle metabolism.
Beta Alanine more directly enhances performance by significantly raising the ceiling on your exercise capacity—allowing you to do more reps, sets, curls, swirls, dunks, et cetera, et cetera.
Onnit Power Blend™, 3440 mg
And here are the T-boosters, beginning with our #1 and #3 Best5 T-Boosters:
- #1) D-Aspartic Acid: Supports T synthesis and T-helper hormones, rat research suggesting T-boosts by up to 42%. They are missing the D-AA-CC form of this nutrient, which has a higher potency and is found in today’s most advanced T-booster stacks.
- #3) Mucuna pruriens: Boosts T by promoting T-helper activity (FSH & LH) in men with low sperm counts.
Longjack (Eurycoma longifolia) & Stinging Nettle offer mid-to-high range male hormone support, depending on the user’s initial hormone levels. Their T-boosting effects come secondary to their respective sex-enhancing and SHGB/aromatase-inhibiting actions.
Onnit Support Blend™, 470 mg
- Red Clover: “Can help the body balance out any disruptive hormonal fluctuations,” according to the T+ website—however, the science is mixed on this one.
- Luteolin: Antioxidant found in various fruits and vegetables. It supports a manly T:estrogen ratio by inhibiting aromatase from converting T to estrogen.
- Resveratrol: Polyphenol found in berries and cacao, famous for its antioxidant properties. May or may not help in weight management.
Additionally, the Luteolin may offset any subsequent spikes in estrogen that might arise from the formula’s T-boosting.
We’re impressed. Not only is the formula free of synthetics and stimulants (No caffeine!), but its mix of all-natural “Earth grown” nutrition extends beyond conventional hippie-wisdom and lands on a manly muscle-building synergy found only in an elite category of T-boosting supplements.
On top of that, it’s also an effective, “clinically-studied” pre-workout:
- Onnit Performo Blend utilizes a hefty dose of BCAAs, L-Glutamine, and BETA—the effects of which not only help build muscle, but also increase energy immediately after consumption. What’s more, the Onnit Power Blend further adds pre-workout value by promoting higher levels of free T, which will give your workout even more immediate muscle-building purpose.
Whenever T-boosting is involved, it’s important to also consider inhibiting estrogen—which the formula does with Stinging Nettle & Luteolin. Onnit offers Red Clover as a potential male hormone balancer—however, the research behind it doesn’t entirely add up, causing us to question its high placement in the Onnit Support Blend.
In terms of transparency, the label could use additional clarification—namely in regards to the prop blend dosages and the ingredient extracts (What are their % standards?). These facts are useful info.
- If you demand to know exactly what’s in your T-booster, this test supplement is similarly formulated like Onnit T+ for testosterone-and-muscle, but instead shows ALL their dosages.
We’re tempted to also complain about a few inferior ingredient forms, but the overall smart formula design makes these concerns seem petty: Ex. Yes, D-AA-CC is better than DAA, but DAA is still a damn good T-booster.
Overall, Onnit T+ uses choice ingredients to concoct a highly ambitious male formula. The result is an effective T-boosting pre-workout… Or is it an effective pre-workout T-booster?
Onnit T+ Benefits
As previously mentioned, some of the T-boosting will depend largely on initial T-counts. Therefore, men with low T and sperm counts will witness greater muscle gains than men with stable hormone levels:
- That being said, many (if not most) First World men are at risk of low T and high estrogen. For this large demographic, T+ not only primes muscle biology for bigger workout gains, but it keeps the male hormone profile up-to-standard.
The specific benefits claimed by Onnit are:
- Increases in Strength & Power. “36% faster” than placebo.
- Improved Athletic Performance. Specifically, improved bodybuilding
- Assistance with Muscle Recovery. BCAAs + L-Glutamine = Quick
Given the user reports of “good feelings,” you can also throw mood elevation (most likely due to the B6) and increased libido (Longjack) onto the list.
And finally, to answer the question on everyone’s mind: No, T+ won’t sprout you a heavy Tom Selleck ‘stache. That’s setting the bar a little too high for yourself.
Who Takes It?
Bodybuilders, MMA fighters, and possibly Tom Selleck. Onnit typically hits the “EXTREME” athletic communities with sophisticated branding. It’s a fairly unique approach, considering that T+ avoids “EXTREME” ingredients, namely caffeine, yet boasts “EXTREME” results. However, the formula speaks on such an elevated level that even older men searching for a legitimate, healthy way to boost their T are quick to find Onnit T+ on their radar.
Any Side Effects?
Not very likely. No serious reports of side effects have been documented, aside from a few bouts of the infamous BETA tingle. This is typical with any formula sporting a decent amount of Beta Alanine, and it’s nothing to worry about.
Additionally, T+ has been “CERTIFIED DRUG FREE” by the Banned Substances Control Group, which means athletes shouldn’t worry about tripping a drug test while supplementing T+… unless, of course, they’re smoking pot and/or shooting up heroin on the side.
Onnit T+ Summary
- All-Natural, Stimulant-Free. No synthetics, no caffeine. NO BULLSHIT.
- Pre-Workout Muscle Prep. Performo Blend primes protein synthesis for bigger muscle.
- Male Hormone Support. Optimizes T:Estrogen ratio to a manly standard.
- Overall Strength Gains. Quick recovery = More reps at the gym.
- Happy Libido. Happy mind, Happy body, Happy T, Happy girlfriend.
- Respectable Manufacturers. Onnit is “on it” when it comes to supplement ethics.
- Certified Banned Substance-Free. Reassuring for pro/am athletes boosting T.
- Proprietary Blends. But the dosage masking needs to stop, y’all.
- Limited audience. What if you want a T-booster, only? You can do better.
- No caffeine? Yeahhhhh, that’s a weak “con.” We’re reaching.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $59.95
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Onnit T+
As a T-Booster, Onnit T+ works. As a pre-workout, Onnit T+ works. Its massive 15 g serving size enables Onnit T+ to be a true 2-in-1 supplement. But it’s not a standard preworkout, nor a standard T-Booster… and for that, we salute them. We give Onnit a full T+ Grade for this formula.