You’ve probably heard of Ageless Male.
Just don’t buy it.
Backed by a relentless radio advertising campaign, Ageless Male is one of the biggest T-booster formulas out there: Over 2 million bottles have been sold.
But the formula is bad, and their reputation is even worse… which is why we urge men to avoid Ageless Male at all costs.
About Ageless Male
Ageless Male is a T-booster made by a controversial supplement manufacturer called New Vitality (NAC Marketing). They’ve got a ton of consumer complaints, and have been hit with class action lawsuits for their sketchy marketing practices. Their Ageless Male claims and features include:
- “Be the man you want to be”: Supports free testosterone levels for better sex drive, performance, energy & muscle health.
- Testofen®: Ageless Male’s main ingredient–a patented fenugreek standardized to supply 50% Fenuside™ saponins.
- Free Bottle: They make a big deal out of offering a free trial bottle of Ageless Male, but all signs indicate the offer is a scam.
Ageless Male Supplement Facts
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||4.94 mg (247% DV)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||16.88 mg (4% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)||15 mg (100% DV)|
|Testofen Standardized Fenugreek (Seed) Extract||300 mg|
Ageless Male is basically a fenugreek supplement.
Ageless Male is just four ingredients, which is pretty slim when it comes to T-Booster complexes.
The really good T-Booster formulas will typically supply more ingredients, beyond the “basics” seen in Ageless Male. They will also formulate with combinations that synergistically increase testosterone.
Ageless Male has no such synergy. No sophistication, either. It is a T-booster formula fail… but let’s check out its ingredients, just for the heck of it. (And for sheer entertainment value, click here to check out how Ageless Male fared vs. our best-rated T-booster)
Testofen® Standardized Fenugreek (Seed) Extract (300 mg)
Testofen is Ageless Male’s one redeeming factor. As a premium form of Fenugreek, Testofen is good for masculine health, especially sex drive.
As a T-booster, Testofen is less clear. It has helped with testosterone in research, but the one study was conducted by Testofen’s manufacturer… which hurts credibility a bit.
In that one clinical trial, Testofen 600 mg was found to “maintain” T levels.
- Ageless Male supplies 300 mg Testofen–half of the clinically-supported dosage.
Even though the dosage is weak and Fenugreek is not that great of a T-booster, it still may help some aspects of men’s sexual function. But look for it in a standalone supplement at a better dosage. Fenugreek 300 mg just doesn’t cut it.
Magnesium Aspartate (16.88 mg)
Magnesium is an essential mineral and a solid T-booster. Most men need more of it, too.
The problem here is Ageless Male uses a cheap, hard-to-absorb form of magnesium (Aspartate) in a small dosage.
Magnesium has been shown to boost T when dosed at 10 mg/kilogram of bodyweight.
If you’re average weight, that translates into 880 mg Magnesium for Testosterone benefits.
Ageless Male only gives you 16.88 mg. Weak! So weak!
Zinc Amino Acid Chelate (15 mg)
Testosterone benefits are associated with 30 mg Zinc daily, so Ageless Male is giving you HALF what you need for T.
The Amino Acid Chelate form of Zinc they use is OK… not great, not the worst. So, at least they’ve got that going… right?
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 4.94 mg
When B6 is low, T levels seem to decline. Ageless Male is giving you another good foundation nutrient for testosterone health, but again their dosage is low.
A bigger concern, the Pyridoxine HCl is a weaker form of B6—it’s hard to absorb and utilize, making the low dosage even smaller in its impact. Which is roughly none.
Ageless Male Benefits
Ageless Male has conservative benefit claims, leading with “supports free testosterone levels.” When they go into more detail, they talk in vague terms about men’s sexual health: Performance, sex drive, romantic life. They also emphasize energy and vitality.
Ageless Male sexual function benefits are possible, due to their use of a standardized Fenugreek, which is legendary for male libido.
But Ageless Male for T? It’s a poorly designed formula for that purpose.
Nope. Ageless Male is not a legitimate T-booster formula. It might be good for libido, and that might give you the idea that it’s boosting your testosterone… But it’s just not.
Who Takes Ageless Male?
Mostly men who want free stuff. That’s the problem. Men sign up for a free bottle of Ageless Male, and then BAM: They’re caught in an Autoship Scam that just keeps sending bottles and keeps charging the credit card on file. This can go on for months, cost hundreds, and take hours of phone calls to escape… all for a T-booster that doesn’t work anyway.
Any Side Effects?
Ageless Male looks OK. It’s 4 ingredients only, nothing to confuse your body too much. The cheap, harder-to-absorb nutrient forms they use could cause stomach upset, but outside of that we see no major side effect concerns. One minor side effect: Fenugreek makes some people smell like maple syrup—especially their urine. Seriously.
Ageless Male Advantages
- Testofen®. If you take fenugreek, it’s better to get a standardized form—like Testofen. This guarantees you get active ingredients.
Ageless Male Drawbacks
- Not a good T-booster formula. There’s nothing special about Ageless Male. It only has 4 ingredients, 3 of which are really basic. And yet they manage to mess them up by using…
- Inferior nutrients. There are more effective forms of B6, Zinc and Magnesium than what Ageless Male uses.
- Ineffective dosages. Even if they used better forms, Ageless Male’s dosages are too small to really make a difference either way. Not a single ingredient hits clinical-range dosage for testosterone benefits.
- Way too many fillers. “Calicum carbonate, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, film coat (hypomellose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, and polyethylene glycol), magnesium stearate and silica.” These filler ingredients do nothing for testosterone… having so many is a sure sign of a garbage formula.
- Made by a terrible company. The biggest reason to avoid Ageless Male. They use autoship scams, make unauthorized charges, refuse to honor their own satisfaction guarantee, have abusive customer service reps… the list goes on and on.
- Do a web search on New Vitality and you’ll see just how scammy and unethical Ageless Male really is.
Final Word on Ageless Male
Ageless Male gives T-boosters a bad name. They scam, manipulate and basically steal from their customers. Adding insult to injury, the Ageless Male formula is just not good! Ageless Male charges you more to bring you less: A “T-Booster” that doesn’t actually boost T.
Avoid Ageless Male. If you choose to ignore this advice and buy it anyway, be on high alert for credit card scammery and/or unauthorized charges to your bank account. These unethical practices may explain how New Vitality sold 2 million bottles of this inferior T-booster.