If you slap the word “Black” on your product, then it instantly qualifies your formula as a fat-burner.
Whether you’re in the business of T-boosters, nootropics, pre-workouts, sex-enhancers, etc. etc., it’s an unspoken rule that the title word “Black” signifies “slimming down that fat ass hanging off your back.” So, in case you were wondering what’s the difference between Activate T and Activate T Black, there it is in a nutshell.
Both bulk you up, but Black also slims you down while it bulks you up.
About Activate T Black
Fusion Diet is back in the T game with another Activate T formula: Activate T Black Hardcore Testosterone Booster. “Hardcore” being the operative word here–although Activate T Black’s “hardcore” potential seems to be split down the middle by its duo T-boosting/fat-burning hybrid design. Formula notes:
- Muscle/Fat Hybrid: As in Activate T Black increases muscle and reduces fat with its 2-part T-boosting, energy-metabolizing formula.
- Activates T: Similar to the original Activate T formula, Activate T Black “boosts T” by activating T that’s already synthesized (rather than boosting T-synthesis).
- Prop Blend Shenanigans: This seems to be a trend among Fusion Diet System products: proprietary blends. Sort of makes it harder for us to see exactly what the hell is going on here.
Activate T Black Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||600 IU (150% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)||16 mg (800% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||330 mcg (5500% DV)|
|Activate T™ BLACK Blend||1590 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris 45%, L-Glutamine, Siberian Ginseng Ext (root), Bayberry (bark), Bovine Colostrum 80/40, L-Citrulline, Tongkat Ali PE 4:1, Wild Yam PE 4:1, Fenugreek PE 4:1, Sage (leaf), Nettle (root), Beta Sitosterol, Agaricus Mushroom|
|Activate T™ BLACK Fat Burning Blend||730 mg|
|Green Tea Ext 50% (leaf), Garcinia Cambogia 50%, Coleus Forskohlii Ext (root)|
Gelatin Capsules, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica Flo-Gard® SP
As a dietary supplement take three (3) capsules daily, with a full glass of water.
Activate the T. Build the Muscle. Burn the Fat.
Not necessarily in that order, because it’s all happening at the same time.
If you’ve read our Active T review on the OG Activate T formula, then you already understand the “activate T” concept: Some ingredients increase total T. Others “wake up” portions of total T levels that are deactivated by SHBG proteins. Activate T focuses on the waker-upper ingredients more so than the total T increasers.
Yet, Activate T & Activate T Black take small vitamin & mineral measures at boosting actual T production—Activate T uses Zinc. Activate T Black uses Vitamin D. Both ingredients can be found topping our BIG LIST of T-Boosters for their essential roles in T-production.
Aside from that, Activate T Black’s blends take a hybrid approach on activating T & burning fat. Let’s see how they work:
Activate T BLACK Blend, 1590 mg
If this is intended as the T-boosting slice of Activate T Black’s formula, then it passes with a solid B- grade. It would get a B, perhaps even a B+, based on the merits of its ingredients alone, but it’s a prop blend… And we don’t like prop blends…
The most effective T-Boosters in this blend:
- Tongkat Ali.
- Stinging Nettle.
Although Tribulus is prioritized as the #1 ingredient of this blend, it’s not a true T-booster—most research suggesting its T-boosting potential is limited to older men with low T levels. Yet, it’s a potent sex-enhancer, backed by L-Citrulline, which helps sexual functioning by increasing N.O. production (i.e. blood flow) in the body.
Beta Sitosterol & Agaricus Bisporus aren’t bad ingredients to round out the formula with for their DHT & estrogen balancing properties—although, we hope there isn’t too much DHT balancing happening here, considering that it’s a manlier sex hormone than T.
Activate T BLACK Fat Burning Blend, 730 mg
Guess what this blend’s all about? Burning fat, baby.
And the ingredients chosen are hot:
- Green Tea Extract. Our #1 fat-burner on the BIG LIST of FAT BURNERS, Green Tea extract is believed to decrease fat by increasing resting metabolic rate.
- Garcinia Cambogia. Controversial for its “fad” status, Garcinia Cambogia shows weight loss promise for its inhibition of fat-storing enzymes.
- Forskohlii Extract. Take caution with this “wild-card” ingredient: Early animal research shows fat-burning potential for its increase of fat metabolism, but its lack of human research is something to consider.
We’re happy that Activate T Black doesn’t screw around with its fat-burning blend—instead getting straight to the point with only 3 ingredients that, for the most part, demonstrate solid fat-burning potential. The 730 mg dosage is looking hefty here, as well.
Build muscle aaaand Burn fat??
What’s the catch…
We’re not entirely sure, yet. For the most part, the claims seem check out with this formula—it has the:
- T-Activators: Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek, Stinging Nettle.
- Muscle Supporters: Tribulus Terrestris, L-Citrulline, Siberian Ginseng.
- Fat Burners: Green Tea Extract, Garcinia Cambogia, Forskohlii.
Vitamin D introduces the Supp Facts with well-researched T-boosts. The blends are well-dosed. The herbs well-extracted.
The only substantiated complaint we have with the formula is its use of prop blends—however, the second blend alleviates this concern with its more-than-enough dosage. The first blend does offer enough milligrams for these ingredients to boost T, yet we wish they re-prioritized their ingredients to put more of an emphasis on the proven T-boosters: Namely Tongkat Ali & Fenugreek.
Compared to the OG Activate T formula, which stars Fenugreek over Tribulus, it seems a little odd that Activate T Black would swap those herbs. When we think of “activating T” we think of Fenugreek, not Tribulus.
Yet, we have to give props for offering both Tribulus & Fenugreek, in addition to many other sexy sex-enhancing, fat-burning, blood-pounding ingredients. Activate T Black might lack the T power of other effective muscle-building formulas, but what it has is enough to give us a testosteroner boner.
Activate T Black Benefits
Fusion Diet has 3 key benefits it hopes to target with Activate T Black:
- Increase free testosterone levels
- Enhance lean muscle mass
- Jumpstart energy, libido, and performance
Because Activate T Black is so varied in its ingredient selection, it seems to accomplish all of these benefits to varying degrees. We’re happy that it doesn’t make any claims on “total T levels” as many formulas unrightfully do, because Activate T’s T-boosts are solely centered on “free” T-boosts.
As such, mature men looking to clinically replenish low T levels would do better by a BIGGER, more direct T-booster.
Who Takes It?
Chunky Chalupas. You’ve heard that you need to “bulk” to build muscle. But perhaps you took the whole “bulking” concept too far and now you have a little too much cushion for the pushin’. Activate T Black is designated for the bulking man who wants to keep the peripheral pounds off their massive muscles.
Any Side Effects?
Nahhh… Not really.
So far, there have been zero complaints of side effects with this product and, honestly, we wouldn’t expect any. Most of the ingredients are easy-to-absorb and the dosages are far from extreme. If this were one of the BIG BOY boosters, we’d recommend erring on the cautious side, but Activate T Black isn’t super potent–plus it has additional hormonal support with Beta Sitosterol & Agaricus Bisporus anyways.
Activate T Black Summary
- Hybrid Booster. Many formulas attempt the hybrid. Few succeed.
- Quality Extracts. Most of the herbs are on the premium end here.
- Adequate Dosages. Big step up in milligrams from the OG Activate T.
- Off Priorities. Fenugreek & Tongkat Ali should be much higher on the list.
- Mild T-Boosts. Bigger boosters increase T and burn fat better than these here.
- Prop Blends. They’re not bad prop blends… but they’re still prop blends.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $54.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Activate T Black
Whereas their first T-booster had us questioning if Fusion Diet was stepping out of their element (which for the record is “weight loss management”), Activate T Black seems like a step back into Fusion’s comfort zone. This is a good thing. Weight loss options are limited, and weight loss options that also boost T are even more limited. Activate T Black successfully fills a void there for those looking for more direct fat burns in a man-enhancer.