Ever thought about trying a sleep product with non-traditional ingredients which also helps incinerate fat?
Presenting eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM.
You won’t find the usual valerian root extract, chamomile, and magnesium here.
Instead, you’ll find underrated and powerful sleep and recovery ingredients.
We knew that would whet your appetite for another exciting review.
About eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM “was designed to improve relaxation and help your body reach a deep R.E.M. sleep so you wake up refreshed and repaired,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Has non-traditional sleep ingredients. GABA, 5-HTP, l-dota, l-tyrosine, and melatonin.
- Solid vitamin B6 content. Five hundred percent of the daily value.
- Expensive. One 200-gram container costs $39.99.
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM Supplement Facts (Tropical Cooler, 200 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5 g)
Servings Per Container: 40
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohdyrate||1 g||<1%|
|Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL)||10 mg||500%|
|GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)||1,500 mg||†|
|Sleep Elixir Matrix||502 mg||†|
|5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan), L-Dopa (from Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract), L-Arginine HCl, L-Tyrosine, Melatonin|
|Enhanced PM Fat Burning||500 mg||†|
|L-Carnitine L- Tartrate||500 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Polydextrose, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Silica, FD&C Red Lake 40.|
|DIRECTION FOR ELIXIR PM: To determine tolerance, begin by taking one serving (1 scoop) mixed with 4-6 ounces of cold water or beverage, approximately 30 minutes prior to bedtime. After individual tolerance has been assessed take one (1) to two (2) servings. The ideal individual dose may vary between 1-2 servings.|
Sleep Support + Fat Burner
Come to think of it, these are two of the most daunting challenges of busy people – torching fat and getting a decent night’s sleep.
Well, how about a supplement which does both?
Enter eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM.
The manufacturer dubs this product its “R.E.M. Sleep-Incuding Elixir With Fat-Burning Effects,” per its official website.
If that didn’t get your attention, nothing will.
“ELIXIR PM was designed to improve relaxation and help your body reach a deep R.E.M. sleep so you wake up refreshed and repaired,” per the product’s website.
“Another added benefit of ELIXIR PM is its support of fat burning by enhancing fat metabolism with the use of l-carnitine l-tartrate,” per the same source.
In all honesty, eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM reminds us of BPI SPORTS NITEBURN – another sleep-inducing thermogenic (take a hint from the latter’s name, folks).
On that note, we’re hoping the former does the latter one better. We spotted a proprietary blend and dirty ingredient in BPI SPORTS NITEBURN.
The quest for a clean, sleep-inducing fat burner continues.
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM’s main ingredient is 1.5 grams of GABA per serving.
While many sleep supplements focus the spotlight on components such as magnesium and valerian root extract, this one takes the road less traveled.
It’s rare to stumble upon a sleep product which has GABA as the main ingredient.
Take our word for it.
Also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA is a neurotrasmitter which helps improve sleep, lower anxiety levels, boost weight loss, and improve sexual function.
Here’s the key to GABA’s effectiveness as a sleep product ingredient: inhibition.
That’s right, inhibition. By that, we don’t mean being too self-conscious.
GABA acts as an inhibitor when the body becomes too excited. When this happens, irritability, insomnia, and restlessness may kick in.
Some experts even link low GABA levels to insomnia.
By supplementing with eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM, you experience a threefold effect – you ramp up your GABA levels, increase relaxation, and sleep better.
We’re sure that’s music to any busy individual’s ears.
We’re also confident 1.5 grams of GABA per serving will do the trick.
Next up is the Sleep Elixir Matrix, which takes up 502 milligrams per serving.
Uh-oh. A shady proprietary blend (the manufacturer fails to divulge the precise ingredient amounts).
So much for our hope eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM will surpass BPI SPORTS NITE BURN in that regard.
In any case, the Sleep Elixir Matrix’s components include 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan), l-dopa (from Mucuna pruriens seed extract), l-arginine hydrochloride, l-tyrosine, and melatonin.
First impression: this sleep blend is unique, to say the least. We have yet to see anything quite like it.
5-HTP is a substance derived from a West African plant known as Griffonia simplicifolia. The former is a precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Check out serotonin’s benefits:
- Helps improve sleep quality
- Boosts mood
- Quells anxiety
- Aids in weight loss
We say eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM’s 5-HTP component meshes well with GABA.
Expect better sleep as a result of increased relaxation.
L-dopa figures to play an integral part as well.
This amino acid is a precursor to dopamine, a hormone which signals the brain’s pineal gland to secrete melatonin (another eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM ingredient which helps regulate sleep-wake cycles).
Plus, dopamine helps induce relaxation and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
Ergo, dopamine helps you sleep better and grow muscle.
That’s every avid bodybuilding enthusiast’s dream (no pun intended).
We’re also glad eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM has l-arginine hydrochloride.
Here’s the thing: the amino acid l-arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide.
If you’ve been lifting at the gym for quite some time, you’d want more nitric oxide in your system for improved blood flow, increased nutrient uptake, and insane muscle pumps.
Unfortunately, some experts have given l-arginine a bad rap because of its poor absorption prowess.
Now, when you combine l-arginine with hydrogen chloride (l-arginine hydrochloride), you enhance its absorption considerably.
That translates to better results. Trust us.
If you think eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM’s stress-reducing ingredients are already impressive, think again.
That’s because the inclusion of l-tyrosine will shake things up.
This amino acid helps keep stress levels in check.
We feel this is a great bonus. The more relaxed you are before hitting the sack, the better.
Don’t forget about the 10 milligrams of vitamin B6 per serving.
Also known as pyridoxine hydrochloride, this B vitamin helps regulate sleep cycles.
Pair vitamin B6 up with melatonin, and your sleep cycle will function better than ever before.
As a bonus, vitamin B6 also helps keep homocysteine levels in check.
Long story short, high levels of this amino acid is detrimental to heart health.
Good thing vitamin B6 is here to save the day.
Okay, we’ve covered the sleep part of eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM. Now, let’s go to the fat-burning portion.
Its Enhanced PM Fat Burning blend has 500 milligrams of l-carnitine l-tartrate as the sole key ingredient.
Simply known as LCLT, this component is the fat-burning amino acid l-carnitine bonded to tartaric acid.
Here are its benefits:
- Helps increase fat burning after exercise
- Ramps up HGH levels
- Boosts oxygen flow for shorter recovery time
- Helps ward off muscle soreness
You can see for yourself LCLT is a versatile ingredient. We’re confident its inclusion in eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM will help you not only torch fat, but achieve your overall fitness goals as well.
While analyzing eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM, we also spotted some fillers (sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40) along the way.
All in all, this sleep and thermogenic product ins’t perfect, but it has tremendous upside.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 0: Most sleep products are low in calories, but eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM reigns supreme with zero calories. Impressive.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: This much represents a paltry one percent of the daily value for carbs (anything less than five percent has a low value). We’re certain this supplement won’t compromise your nutrition plan.
- Fiber, 1 g: eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM is not a significant source of fiber at just four percent of the daily value.
- Sugars, 0 g: Don’t get too excited, folks: this product may have no sugar content, but it does have the artificial sweeteners sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), which could be detrimental to your digestive system.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL), 10 mg: This B vitamin helps regulate sleep cycles and boost heart health. A whopping 500 percent of the daily value for pyridoxine hydrochloride ensures you reap these two benefits.
- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), 1,500 mg: eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM’s main ingredient which inhibits restlessness and irritability. This results in a more relaxed state for better sleep.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 500 mg: A compound which helps torch fat, increase HGH levels and oxygen flow, and keep muscle soreness at bay.
Sleep Elixir Matrix, 502 mg
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan): A precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which helps improve sleep quality, enhance mood, lower anxiety levels, and assist in weight loss.
- L-dopa (from Mucuna pruriens seed extract): An amino acid and precursor of the hormone dopamine, which helps regulate melatonin levels, increase relaxation, and ramp up HGH levels.
- L-arginine HCL: This is the amino acid l-arginine bonded to hydrogen chloride for enhanced absorption. L-arginine helps increase blood flow, nutrient intake, and muscle pumps.
- L-tyrosine: An amino acid which helps lower stress levels for better sleep quality.
- Melatonin: A hormone from the pineal gland which helps regulate sleep-wake cycles. Melatonin is one of the most popular sleep ingredients on the market.
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM may be a relatively new kid on the block, but it has made quite an impression on us.
Listen, many sleep products focus on ingredients such as valerian root extract, chamomile, magnesium, and the like.
Not this one.
We daresay eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM is a supplement which takes the road less traveled.
To start things off, where can you find a sleep product which has 1.5 grams of GABA per serving as the main ingredient?
We bet you will be stumped.
When you include GABA, 5-HTP, l-dopa, and l-tyrosine in the same supplement, you will be out like a light before you know it.
Trust us on that one.
Here’s the thing, folks: stress is one of the main reasons why you toss and turn at night. These four key ingredients will help quell anxiety and help you sleep better.
Throw in a generous serving of vitamin B6 (a solid 500 percent of the daily value) and melatonin, you will sleep like a baby. Guaranteed.
The inclusion of 500 milligrams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving was icing on the cake – we feel it will help you torch fat and achieve your overall fitness goals.
Don’t forget about its HGH-boosting prowess. L-dopa can also do the same thing.
The key takeaway: it turns out eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM will not only help you lose fat, but it will help you muscle up as well.
On that note, we tip our hat off to the manufacturer – the folks at eFlow Nutrition did their homework. This product’s strengths lie in its well-thought-out ingredients.
Other pluses: we like this product’s zero-calorie and zero-sugar content.
As great as eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM is, it’s not perfect.
Notice the Sleep Elixir Matrix is a shady proprietary blend – the company fails to disclose the individual ingredient amounts.
We also spotted two fillers in sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40.
Like we said, the former may be detrimental to digestion. On the other hand, experts have linked the latter to carcinogenicity.
Finally, this sleep supplement doesn’t come cheap, folks: one 200-gram container costs $39.99 on its official website.
Despite these chinks, eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM still has tremendous upside.
If only the manufacturer can come up with a cleaner advanced formula, that would be awesome.
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM Benefits
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM Has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Induces R.E.M. sleep
- Helps torch fat
- Shortens recovery time
We agree with all of these claims. We’re confident eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM will help you sleep better and achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer has intended eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM for the use of individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who want to improve their sleep quality, lose weight, shorten recovery time, increase muscle mass, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and FD&C Red Lake 40, two ingredients which have certain side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM Summary
- Impressive ingredients. Manufacturer did its homework. Job well done.
- Non-traditional components. No valerian root extract, chamomile, and magnesium, but still effective, nonetheless.
- GABA as main ingredient. Neurotransmitter which helps inhibit restlessness for better sleep.
- Five hundred milligrams of LCLT per serving. Helps incinerate fat and ramp up HGH levels.
- Solid vitamin B6 content. Five hundred percent DV for better sleep and heart health.
- Helps increase HGH levels. Thanks to LCLT and l-dopa components.
- Zero calorie and sugar content. Awesome.
- Transparency. Sleep Elixir Matrix is a shady proprietary blend. Boo.
- Dirty ingredients. Has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and FD&C Red Lake 40. Thumbs down.
- Expensive. One 200-gram container costs $39.99 on official website.
- Unknown reputation. Not as known as other big-name sleep products.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 200-gram Container (40-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM
The manufacturer made it clear from the get-go eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM will help induce relaxation for better sleep and torch fat.
Well, better believe it, folks. This product is for real.
The ingredients speak for themselves.
In a nutshell, eFlow Nutrition ELIXIR PM is a non-traditional sleep product which delivers the goods.
It’s not perfect, but it’s still worth trying.
We’re hoping a cleaner version will come out sooner than later.