When you think of excellent protein blends, names such as MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and BSN SYNTHA-6 quickly come to mind.
However, that may all change with the presence of XPI Myotein.
Our initial impression is this protein blend may be one of the best – if not the best – in the industry today. Most of its ingredients are clean and it has everything you could want.
You’ll be amazed at what it can do for you. This review has us stoked, folks.
About XPI Myotein
According to XPI Supplements, “Myotein outdoes the competition by using only the highest-quality proteins and ingredients to create a highly effective protein complex.” In addition, it delivers “the most advanced, scientifically-engineered protein blend, providing the perfect balance of absorption, utilization, and user-loved taste!” Formula notes:
- Premium Protein Blend. WPI, WPC, micellar casein, whey protein hydrolysate, l-glutamine, and colostrum.
- Zero cholesterol. One of the few protein blends which can boast this claim.
- Comes in two flavors. Creamy Chocolate and French Vanilla, to be more specific.
XPI Myotein Supplement Facts (Creamy Chocolate, 2 lbs.)
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (35 g) **
Servings Per Container: 26
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 122||Calories From Fat 15|
|% Daily Value †|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
Ingredients: Premium Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, L-Glutamine, Colostrum), Cocoa, Guar Gum, Lactase, Sunflower Creamer, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Sucralose, Aminogen®, Mucuna Puriens, Forslean®, 20-Hydroxyecdysterone, Natural & Artificial Flavoring
DIRECTIONS + USE:
Mix one (1) level scoop thoroughly with 8-12 ounces of water or skim milk. Use 2-3 times per day.
Mix two (2) level scoops thoroughly with 12-16 ounces of water or skim milk. Use 2-3 times per day.
The Only Protein Blend With 4 Revolutionary Protein Systems
Protein blend manufacturers bombard consumers with so much information, their heads are spinning from the everyday confusion. Each product has its own marketing slogan which sets itself apart from the field.
For instance, MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder – one of the top protein blends for the past several years – is “25 Grams of High-Quality Protein in a Tasty, Easy-to-Mix Shake, Formulated for Athletes and Active People.”
On the other hand, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein touts itself as “The Ultimate Time-Released Blend Featuring Fast-Acting Whey Hydrolysate, Ultra Pure Whey Isolate, High-Grade Whey Concentrate, Slow-Digesting Micellar Casein and Complete Milk Protein.”
Enter XPI Myotein.
This product is a time-released protein blend which the manufacturer boasts as “the top-rated protein powder for five years running.”
According to XPI Supplements, Myotein’s four revolutionary protein systems and its 25 grams of protein per scoop make the product a cut above everything else.
First, XPI Myotein has an advanced triple time-release technology which features fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein. According to the manufacturer’s official website, the process results in “an increase in protein breakdown and proper shuttling to your muscles.”
Nothing new there. MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder BSN SYNTHA-6 can do that as well. However, the three other protein systems of XPI Myotein caught our eye – they may even make your jaws drop.
XPI Myotein™ has a vaunted digestive enzyme known as Aminogen. It “is added to high-quality protein powders and other products to increase protein absorption and amino acid levels,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
And get this: The company adds Aminogen can boost amino acid levels by as much as 250 percent.
More amino acids mean improved protein synthesis and more energy, so this bodes well for you as a consumer.
Next, XPI Myotein features a muscle ripping complex no other protein powder supplement has.
This muscle ripping complex is composed of Hydroxyecdysterone, Mucuna Pruriens, and Coleus Forskohii. Let’s dissect them further.
Hydroxyecdysterone is a plant sterol which is also known as ecydbolin. Some fitness experts believe plant sterols can help build muscle. They theorized ecydbolin increases potassium and calcium levels in the muscle cells, which results in protein synthesis.
The good news: supplementing with Hydroxyecdysterone produces no negative side effects.
As for Mucuna Pruriens, it is an Indian herb which helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels. It can also help lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Most people know it more for its awesome testosterone boosting properties; it supplies L-DOPA and is found in the best test-booster supplements pretty consistently.
On the other hand, Coleus Forskohii (simply known as Forskolin) is another plant-based supplement which has been used as an ingredient in thermogenics and fat burners (you can check out our fat burner reviews here).
Forskolin is a relatively safe supplement. However, it may cause diarrhea in some people who have sensitive digestive systems. Because of its blood pressure-lowering abilities, Forskolin may not be suitable for individuals with low blood pressure.
XPI Myotein’s final revolutionary protein system is its muscle recovery compound. This “optimizes your body’s muscle repair and rebuilding process,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
In other words, XPI Myotein’s premium protein blend delivers nutrients which help your muscles recover for optimum growth and recovery. Sounds good to us, folks.
All in all, XPI Myotein’s protein content made a good first impression on us. Can you think of a multi-release protein blend which has digestive enzymes and thermogenic properties to boot? That kind of protein supplement is a rarity these days.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1.5 g: The manufacturer did a good job in limiting the fats content. Most of it is nothing to worry about: They come from whey protein concentrate and colostrum, which both have numerous health benefits.
- Cholesterol, 0 mg: A zero-cholesterol protein powder supplement is a rarity and a gem. It ranks right up there with the likes of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein.
- Sodium, 238 mg: A red flag for those with cardiovascular issues. The average protein powder supplement has 150 milligrams of sodium or less. XPI Myotein has almost twice that amount. While sodium has its benefits (preventing muscle cramps, among others), too much of it may be detrimental. Check with your doctor first if the sodium content concerns you.
- Potassium, 1 mg: We have never come across an extremely low-potassium protein powder supplement until now. This mineral is vital in regulating blood pressure levels. Those with high blood pressure should consult their doctor first. Once they’re given the green light, they should take this product in moderation.
- Total carbohydrates, 1 g: Due to XPI Myotein’s low carb content, it is the ideal protein powder supplement for those who want to build lean muscle. We like the fact its Aminogen® and lactase content – the digestive enzymes – will help boost your results. Doesn’t it make you wonder why XPI Myotein is so tasty yet has no sugar? Well, you can start with the sucralose (a.k.a. SPLENDA) content. Even if it has been approved by the FDA since 1998, it has received a ton of flak from fitness experts because it can lower good intestinal bacteria, among other things.
If there’s one word which aptly describes XPI Myotein™, it’s versatile.
We are impressed with its four revolutionary protein systems. Think about it: You get 25 grams of a top-notch multi-release protein blend which has digestive enzymes, thermogenic properties, and muscle recovery capabilities.
This supplement also has glutamine, which helps counteract the catabolic process and increase human growth hormones (HGH).
To top it all off, XPI Myotein™ also has colostrum, a milky fluid from cows which helps ward off bacteria and viruses.
Oh, and did we mention its Creamy Chocolate and French Vanilla flavors are downright awesome?
Another plus is the manufacturer’s transparency: You know how much of each ingredient goes into your body. Plus, the simple ingredients tell us there are no nasty fillers in XPI Myotein™. Well done.
Just about the only red flag is XPI Myotein’s high sodium content. The inclusion of sucralose also tugs at our conscience somewhat, but not as much as the previous red flag we mentioned.
XPI Myotein Benefits
XPI Supplements lists the benefits of Myotein on its official website:
- Time-released proteins for sustained muscle growth
- Easy to mix & delicious milkshake taste
- Digestive enzymes for increased absorption
- Glutamine for faster muscle recovery
- Coleus Forskohlii for fat loss
There’s no disputing the fact XPI Myotein provides you with all of these benefits and then some. Get yours today, folks.
Who Takes It?
XPI Myotein is intended for athletes and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who want to build lean muscle, increase strength, meet daily protein requirements, and consume a nutritious, high-protein snack between meals.
Any Side Effects?
Due to XPI Myotein’s Mucuna Pruriens and high sodium content, we advise those with cardiovascular issues to consult their physician before purchasing this product.
Because XPI Myotein™ is manufactured on equipment that processes milk, soy, wheat, soybeans, fish oil, shellfish, and peanuts, individuals who are allergic to these items should refrain from purchasing this product.
XPI Myotein Summary
- Time-released proteins. Combination of fast-acting and slow-acting proteins for sustained muscle growth.
- Has glutamine. Prevents catabolism and increases HGH levels.
- Contains Aminogen®. Can increase amino acids levels by as much as 25o percent.
- Muscle Ripping Complex. For lean muscle growth.
- Low-fat, Low-cholesterol, Low-carb. Need we say more?
- Delicious. Tastes great, too.
- High in sodium. Those with cardiovascular issues should consult a doctor before purchasing.
- Comes in just two flavors. Doesn’t offer too much variety.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 two-lb. container (27-Day Supply): $34.95
- 1 five-lb. container (70-Day Supply): $69.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on XPI Myotein
There you have it, folks. By now you can tell XPI Myotein is one of the premier protein blends in the market today. Honestly, we feel that is an understatement.
XPI Myotein has almost everything going for it – quality protein, great ingredients, and delicious taste. It’s one of those rare protein blends with everything you’re looking for.
It is a gem of a product which, we daresay, may be even better than MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder – one of the most popular and dominant in the industry.
We’re sure many of you will agree with us.