A whey protein supplement with digestive enzymes?
Yes, you read that right. A product like that is as pretty unique, folks. But lo and behold, we’re lucky RSP Nutrition Whey is available for us to enjoy.
This should be one heck of a review.
About RSP Nutrition Whey
According to RSP Nutrition, this supplement “is scientifically formulated to support muscle growth and recovery. It consists of four premium protein sources arranged to optimize muscle protein synthesis (MPS) jumpstarting and sustaining lean muscle growth and recovery.” Formula notes:
- Quality protein. Combines WPI, WPC, whey protein hydrolysate, and milk protein isolate.
- Digestive enzyme component. For better digestive health and absorption.
- Comes in five flavors. Chocolate, Cinnamon Bun, Cookies & Cream, Vanilla, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
RSP Nutrition Whey Supplement Facts (4 lbs., Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (34 g)
Servings Per Container: 53
|Amount Per Serving / % Daily Values **|
|Calories from fat||20|
|Total Fat||2.5 g 3%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g 5%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||60 mg 19%|
|Sodium||125 mg 5%|
|Potassium||170 mg 5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g 6%|
|Protein||25 g 50%|
Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Isolate), Polydextrose, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Sucralose, Papain, Protease
Contains: Milk and Soy
Directions for WHEY: Add one heaping scoop of RSP Whey in 6-8 oz. of cold water or any beverage of your choice. Mix until powder is completely dissolved.
Protein + BCAAs + Digestive Enzymes = Super Results
We’ll be the first to admit it: The digestive enzyme component of RSP Nutrition Whey blew us away.
Many protein powders have their distinct features. Take, for example, Dymatize ISO100. A lot of consumers consider it as one of the top WPI supplements on the market. It’s one of the few supps out there with stevia as the sweetener.
On the other hand, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey has four grams of glutamine per serving. For its part, MuscleTech Premium 100% Whey Protein Plus has a unique recovery blend consisting of BCAAs, creatine, and glutamine. Many fitness supplements have a unique identity.
So does RSP Nutrition Whey. Call it a non-conformist, if you will.
This product holds its own in terms of its 25 grams of protein per serving. Big-name manufacturers such as Dymatize Nutrition and Optimum Nutrition concoct supplements with around 25 grams of protein per scoop. RSP Nutrition Whey is able to keep up in that sense.
RSP Nutrition Whey boasts of four different kinds of protein sources – whey protein isolate (WPI), whey protein hydrolysate, whey protein concentrate (WPC), and milk protein isolate.
The combination of WPI and WPC account for a huge amount of BCAAs surging into your muscles after a hard workout. Both are also rapidly absorbed, but not as fast as whey protein hydrolysate.
Immediate post-workout replenishment is key. RSP Nutrition Whey has that area covered.
Not only will you meet your daily protein requirements with RSP Nutrition Whey, you’ll also amp up on your calcium because of its milk protein isolate content.
This kind of whey protein is known of its anti-catabolic features. When you combine it with whey protein, you boost the protein synthesis process significantly.
Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Total Fat, 2g: RSP Nutrition Whey has a low fat content. It’s at the same level of other protein powder supplements such as Dymatize ISO100. There are no trans fats, which is great.
- Cholesterol, 60 mg: The manufacturer has kept the cholesterol within reasonable levels. Most protein powder supplements have cholesterol content in this range.
- Sodium, 115 g: We feel the sodium content is not that high for a protein supplement. It’s not that low, either. Some protein powder supplements such as MyProtein Impact Whey Protein have only 35mg of sodium per serving. We’re not downplaying sodium. You need to consume it in moderation due to its muscle cramp prevention benefits and the like. Just don’t consume too much of it.
- Potassium, 120mg: A mineral which plays a key role in cardiovascular function and healthy blood pressure levels. The amount in RSP Nutrition Whey is just right.
- Total Carbohydrate, 5 g: If you want a low-carb protein supplement, RSP Nutrition Whey probably isn’t for you. While it only has five grams of carbs per serving, other protein powder supplements have lower carbohydrate content. RSP Nutrition Whey’s carb components are comprised of two grams of fiber and three grams of sugar per serving. The slightly higher carb content is also attributed to polydextrose, a post-workout carbohydrate. You need both protein and carbs after training. RSP Nutrition Whey should amp up your recovery because of its polydextrose component.
We like RSP Nutrition Whey’s awesome protein blend consisting of WPI, WPC, whey protein hydrolysate, and milk protein isolate. It’s a great combination because this product provides you with the protein your body needs plus key nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
In terms of calcium content, RSP Nutrition Whey ranks right up there with the likes of JYM Pro JYM. Your teeth, bones, and blood pressure will all reap the benefits.
RSP Nutrition Whey also has 5.4 grams of BCAAs per serving. Bear in mind BCAAs help build lean muscle mass, improve glucose uptake, increase energy production during exercise, and boost the recovery process. You will reap all of these benefits with RSP Nutrition Whey (try some fat burners for even more benefits).
Now, we take a closer look at what sets RSP Nutrition Whey apart: Digestive enzymes.
RSP Whey supplies Papain is extracted from the papaya fruit.
Papain enhances the digestive and immune systems and acts as an antioxidant to boot.
On the other hand, protease is an enzyme that breaks down protein. Health experts believe protease can help improve cardiovascular and digestive health.
With the presence of papain and protease, RSP Nutrition Whey ensures proper digestion and breakdown of protein and its other ingredients. Many supplement manufacturers overlook this important aspect. RSP Nutrition did its homework. Congrats.
For its part, RSP Nutrition Whey’s carbohydrate content features a star in polydextrose – a dietary fiber which helps proliferate good bacteria in the intestines and results in good digestive health.
Finally, we also want to give props to RSP Nutrition Whey for being transparent in its ingredients. You get to see how much of each top-notch ingredient you put into your body. Plus, there are no fillers. Job well done, guys.
RSP Nutrition Whey Benefits
According to the manufacturer, RSP Nutrition Whey has 25 grams “of pure, lean muscle-building protein derived from four sources. These proteins digest at different speeds with the help of digestive enzymes and branch-chained amino acids that optimize and sustain Muscle Protein Synthesis (MPS). This process is the key to maximizing lean muscle and strength gains, while decreasing the time needed for recovery.”
The key phrase here would be protein digestion “at different speeds with the help of digestive enzymes.” Why is muscle replenishment at different rates important? Because it ensures your muscles remain in an anabolic state for a longer period.
This type of formula scares the dreaded stress hormone known as cortisol. The more cortisol you have in your system, the more difficult it will be to build muscle. It’s that simple, folks.
With RSP Nutrition Whey, you build muscle, improve your digestive health, and keep cortisol at bay. Wonderful, isn’t it?
Who Takes It?
RSP Nutrition Whey is for athletes and active individuals who want to build more muscle and meet their daily protein requirements. These individuals can also enjoy RSP Nutrition Whey as a delicious snack in between meals for optimum muscle growth and digestive health.
Any Side Effects?
While RSP Nutrition Whey has no glaring side effects, its whey protein concentrate content may be of some concern to people who are lactose intolerant. Individuals who are sensitive to soy may also want to take heed. If these concern you, consult with your physician before consuming.
RSP Nutrition also reminds customers not to treat its product as a substitute for a balanced diet:
RSP Nutrition Whey Summary
- Four-protein combination. Features WPI, WPC, whey protein hydrolysate, and milk protein isolate.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop. Good for muscle-building.
- Digestive enzymes. For better digestive health and absorption of nutrients.
- High calcium content. For healthier bones and teeth.
- Transparent ingredients. What you see is what you get.
- No fillers. Awesome.
- Reasonably priced. $49.99 for a 4-lb. container.
- Possible allergen. People who are lactose intolerant should ask a doctor’s advice.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2-lb. container (26-plus-Day Supply): $29.99
- 1 4-lb. container (53-Day Supply): $49.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on RSP Nutrition Whey
It seems we have stumbled upon the next whey protein superstar. RSP Nutrition’s 25 grams of protein per serving is just the tip of the iceberg. It boasts of high-quality ingredients which also include digestive enzymes – something most protein supplements lack.
This alone gives RSP Nutrition an edge over its competitors.
RSP Nutrition has done a magnificent job in manufacturing a first-rate product at a reasonable price. If this trend continues, you can count on the company being a force to be reckoned with in the industry for years to come.