Ever heard of Dr. Jim Stoppani? The bald, muscular, and tattooed fitness expert whose bodybuilding articles you religiously read? Yep, that’s the guy.
Dr. Stoppani certainly knows his stuff. If you read his articles, it’s like a college or postgraduate professor sharing his knowledge of health and fitness (Dr. Stoppani has a PhD degree in exercise physiology and minor in biochemistry from the University of Connecticut). You’ll crave for fitness more knowledge.
Now, his company has come up with one of the new players in the supplement industry – JYM Pro JYM. It’s a blended protein powder which combines the power of different kinds of protein for maximum muscle building. One look at Dr. Stoppani’s chiseled physique and you’ll tell yourself his product is a reflection of his dedication.
This will be an interesting review, to say the least, folks.
About JYM Pro JYM
Dr. Stoppani and his team say JYM Pro JYM “combines real science with best-in-class ingredients and precise doses to deliver unreal results.” They tout their product as “a powerful blend of proteins” which will help you achieve your fitness goals. Formula notes:
- Powerful protein matrix. Good combination of fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein.
- Delicious taste. One of the tastiest protein supplements ever, according to some reviews.
- Comes in four flavors. Chocolate Cookie Crunch, Cookies & Cream, S’mores, and Vanilla.
Jym Pro Jym Supplement Facts (4 lbs., Cookies & Cream)
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (38.5 g)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
|Calories From Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g 4%|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g 3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g †|
|Cholesterol||10 mg 3%|
|Total Carbohydrates||8 g 3%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g <4% *|
|Sugars||3 g †|
|Protein||24 g 48%|
|Calcium||400 mg 40%|
|Sodium||60 mg 3%|
|Potassium||220 mg 6%|
Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumen), Nondairy Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Dehydrated Marshmallow Bits (Sugar, Corn Syrup, Modified Cornstarch, Gelatin, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Artificial Flavor, Natural Flavor, Artificial Color (Blue #1)), Cocoa Powder (Dutch Process), Guar Gum, Sucralose, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, and Silicon Dioxide.
Directions For Pro Jym: Mix each scoop of Pro JYM in 6 oz. of water for best taste and texture. Consume 1 scoop within 30 minutes after workouts. Also consider taking 1 scoop when you first wake up each day and before going to bed for maximizing lean muscle mass gains. You can also consume 1 scoop between regular meals.
Dr. Jim Stoppani Pulls Out All the Stops
It seems to us Dr. Jim Stoppani – the famous, tattooed, postdoctoral research fellow at the Yale University School of Medicine, and Bodybuilding.com author – is hell bent on being the king of the supplement industry.
If you’ve been scouring reviews, you can tell his Pro JYM is eerily similar to MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder, one of the dominant players in the fitness world.
Pro JYM also packs a very decent protein punch – 24 grams per serving, to be exact.
Not only that, it also combines the powers of whey protein isolate, egg albumen, milk protein isolate, and micellar casein. That means your muscles will be in an anabolic state for hours, what with fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein bombarding them all day long.
Here’s the specific protein breakdown of JYM Pro JYM per 24-gram scoop:
- Whey Protein Isolate: 7.5 grams
- Micellar Casein: 7 grams
- Egg Albumen: 2.5 grams
- Milk Protein Isolate: 7 grams (5.5 grams casein, 1.5 grams whey)
You couldn’t get more balanced than that. It’s pretty obvious Dr. Stoppani wanted equal emphasis on all four protein components. It’s not one over the other. Considering each protein kind plays a vital role in muscle repair and growth, it tells the customer the company placed a high emphasis on quality.
Unlike MusclePharm Combat (which has whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrate, and whey hydrolysates), Pro JYM only has whey protein isolates. WPI is purer than its WPC counterpart – the former has at least 90 percent protein content.
Whey protein isolate is also advantageous to certain individuals because it has little to no lactose content. However, Pro JYM does contain milk protein isolate (which is also at least 90 percent protein). If you’re lactose intolerant, consult with your physician before purchasing this product.
The egg albumen component of Pro JYM covers the medium-absorbing protein content. Egg protein supplements contain roughly 24 grams of protein in general. Micellar casein – the best of its kind – is the slow-absorbing protein. Casein can feed your muscles for up to eight hours. Pretty neat stuff, if you ask us.
You can see for yourself Pro JYM is highly versatile – Dr. Jim advises consumers to take it pre and post workouts, upon waking up, and in between meals. It’s sound and practical advice for busy, on-the-go people who have little time to prepare their snacks. With Pro JYM, all you have to do is add one scoop to six ounces of water and you’re all set.
With the protein and flavor analyses done, let’s check out the other formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 2.5 g: Pro JYM has one of the highest amounts of fat for a protein powder supplement. But don’t sound the alarm just yet – 2.5 grams of fat per scoop is not exorbitantly high. Not by a long shot. It’s just that other supplements such as MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder have only 1.5 grams of fat per serving. With .5 grams of saturated fat and no trans fat, the two remaining two grams of fat in one serving of Pro JYM come from the good type.
- Cholesterol, 10 mg: We like the fact Pro JYM only has 10 milligrams of cholesterol per serving. Bear in mind this supplement has a heap of ingredients. We’re impressed the manufacturer managed to keep cholesterol at a bare minimum. Dr. Jim must have a lot of tricks up his sleeve.
- Total Carbohydrates, 8 g: Many protein powder supplements typically have five grams of carbs per serving of less. Pro JYM’s Cookies & Cream flavor has five grams. Its other flavors such as Chocolate Cookie Crunch (seven grams) and S’mores (eight grams) have more. Carbs aren’t the enemy. Your body needs them (especially before and after training). It’s just a matter of choosing which Pro JYM flavor meets your fitness needs the most. It’s that simple.
- Calcium, 400 mg: With 400 mg of calcium per serving, Pro JYM is an excellent choice if you want to build strong bones and teeth.
- Sodium, 60 mg: Pro JYM’s sodium content isn’t as high as the likes of MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder (150 mg per serving). This isn’t to downplay the important role of sodium among athletes and active people. It helps prevent muscle cramping and assists in the rehydration process. However, if you have high blood pressure or kidney concerns, Pro JYM is a safer bet.
- Potassium, 220 mg: This amount of potassium is pretty much the industry average. It’s a mineral which helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels and cardiovascular health.
At first glance, it seems Dr. Jim Stoppani really burned the midnight oil and did his homework. If you want to have a muscular build like his, then you have to supplement wisely.
Pro JYM seems like a logical choice because of its protein matrix composed of whey protein isolates, egg albumen, milk protein isolates, and micellar casein… that is a lot of proteins.
Let’s say you’re done with your workout. You chug on your Pro JYM shake afterward as a post workout. You’re sure to keep your muscles in an anabolic state for the next eight hours.
Hey, Dr. Stoppani himself once said combining fast-absorbing and slow-absorbing protein gives great results.
Looking at his impressive physique, we won’t argue with that. He even covered the bases with medium-absorbing protein. Well done, sir.
Again, kudos to Dr. Jim and his staff for keeping cholesterol levels within a healthy range. Ditto for the sodium and potassium content. We also want to give props to the manufacturer for making Pro JYM a great calcium source. Good job, guys.
Pro JYM also scores points for its transparency – you know how much of each ingredient you consume. Many consumers nowadays are smart (be like them by checking out all of our B5 reviews). They do their research before they hit the supplement store shelves. Excellent manufacturers stay one step ahead of customers. Pro JYM has done that.
On the other hand, we’re a bit iffy about all of the components in the ingredients list. It gives us the impression there may be fillers present in Pro JYM. If customers aren’t sure about certain ingredients, they may back out. Pro JYM’s so-called “dirty label” is the lone flaw that gnaws at our conscience.
JYM Pro JYM Benefits
You can expect lean muscle growth when taking JYM Pro JYM. Again, Dr. Stoppani emphasizes consuming protein of different absorption rates for maximum results. Needless to say, his product is a reflection of what he believes in.
According to the manufacturer, “Pro JYM is our exclusive protein blend designed to help you build muscle, recover faster, and train stronger. Whether you want to boost strength, add size, or get shredded, Pro JYM is for you.”
We say 24 grams of fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein manufactured by one of the most respected names in the supplement industry is worth a shot. Stoppani and Co. included ingredients in the right dosages (with the exception of those fillers). With that, we believe JYM Pro JYM will help the consumer achieve his or her fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
Based on the previous section, JYM Pro JYM is for athletes and active people who want to pack on lean muscle mass, increase strength, and amp up their recovery. Not only that, it’s also for active and busy people who want to use liquid meals or protein shakes for pre- and post-workout purposes (need more of a pre-workout boost? Check out our pre-workout reviews here).
Any Side Effects?
As with most protein supplements, check first with your doctor if you are lactose intolerant.
The manufacturer also warns individuals to treat the product as a main source of nutrition. Pregnant women, people under 18 years of age, and those with certain medical conditions must also ask the advice of their physician before consuming:
JYM Pro Jym Summary
- Top-notch protein matrix. Combines fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein.
- Great asset for muscle building. Can help build muscle.
- Versatile. Can be taken as a workout supplement and snack.
- Delicious. One of the best-tasting protein supplements on the market.
- “Dirty label.” Too many ingredients may suggest the presence of fillers.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2-lb. tub (23-Day Supply): $32.56
- 1 4-lb. tub (46-Day Supply): $55.06
- Available to buy online at bodybuilding dot com
Final Word on JYM Pro JYM
You’ve seen the hype. Dr. Jim Stoppani has taken the supplement world by storm. So far, he has not disappointed. There’s no reason he will. After all, he’s a research fellow of the Yale University School of Medicine who’s written thousands of articles on fitness.
We like the way his team concocted a well-balanced, powerful, and tasty protein supplement. Like we said, they placed equal emphasis on all four protein kinds. We’re confident it’ll meet the demand for more quality protein blends.
If you’re a customer, there’s no way you’ll turn down a high-quality product like this. Many supplements are effective but fall short on taste. On the other hand, some taste good but deliver mediocre results.
Not so with JYM Pro JYM. Trust us – with the possible exception of a few fillers – it’s the real deal. Don’t hesitate to add it to your supplement stack, folks.