Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lee Labrada. Jim Stoppani. Layne Norton. More and more protein supplements bear the names of famous bodybuilding icons these days.
Don’t forget Rich Gaspari, folks.
Gaspari, the three-time Mr. Olympia runner-up and IFBB Hall of Famer, is the CEO of Gaspari Nutrition, the 15-year-old company behind MyoFusion Advanced Protein.
However, is it ready to dominate other protein blends?
This review should help answer that question.
About Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein
According to the manufacturer’s official website, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein “is the ultimate time-released blend featuring fast-acting whey hydrolysate, ultra-pure whey protein isolate, high-grade whey concentrate, slow-digesting micellar casein, and complete milk protein.” Formula notes:
- MyoFusion Advanced Protein Blend. Twenty-five grams of protein per scoop.
- Possible inclusion of fillers. Heap of ingredients could be a dead giveaway.
- Comes in six flavors. Banana Cream, Chocolate, Cookies & Cream, Peanut Butter Cookie, Strawberries & Cream, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein Supplement Facts (Cookies & Cream, 4 lbs.)
Serving Size 1 Scoop (38 g)
Servings Per Container about 48
|Amount Per Serving / % Daily Value *|
|Calories From Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2.5 g 4%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g 5%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||65 mg 22%|
|Sodium||135 mg 6%|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g 0%|
|Protein||25 g 50%|
Ingredients: MyoFusion Advanced Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Gluten Free Cookie Crumbs (Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Palm Oil, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Corn Starch, Salt, Chocolate Liquor, Natural Flavor, Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Creamer (Maltodextrin, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Mono And Diglycerides, Natural Tocopherols), Maltodextrin, Enzyme Blend (Protease, Amylase, Lactase), Medium Chain Triglycerides (from Coconut), Gum Blend (Cellulose, Xanthan, Carrageenan), Salt, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.
Directions For MyoFusion Advanced Protein: Mix 1 scoop with 6-8 oz. of cold water, skim milk, or your favorite beverage in a shaker cup, glass, or blender. Use between meals and before and after exercise.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein: In The Same League as MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and BSN SYNTHA-6?
When you think about top-notch protein blends, names such as MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder and BSN SYNTHA-6 first come to mind.
Could Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein top them all?
As you may know by know, this product is the signature protein supplement product of Gaspari Nutrition. If the name rings a bell, well, yes – three-time Mr. Olympia runner-up Rich Gaspari is the company’s CEO.
The manufacturer touts the product as “the ultimate time-release blend” on its official website.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein has 25 grams of protein per scoop, which keeps pace with the likes of MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder. Nicely done.
Each serving features a combination of fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein which allows the user to remain in an anabolic state for up to seven hours. It’s hard to go wrong with time-tested protein superstars such as whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and micellar casein in the mix.
Notice that a good number of protein blends also include egg albumin or egg protein (which has 24 grams of protein per scoop). Not so with Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein – it has milk protein isolate instead.
Aside from upping your daily intake of calcium, milk protein isolate also helps improve body composition and ward off obesity, osteoporosis, cancer, and diabetes. Awesome.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 2.5 g: Protein blends typically have this much fat per serving, so all good. We attribute Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Advanced Protein’s fat content to the milk protein isolate, palm oil, medium-chain triglyceride and sunflower oil components. Whey protein concentrate, which is around 80 percent whey, also has some fats.
- Cholesterol, 65 mg: This is the typical cholesterol amount per serving for a protein blend. It’s good the manufacturer was able to limit this in spite of the numerous ingredients.
- Sodium, 135 mg: We feel Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein’s sodium content is neither too high nor too low. The right amount of sodium will help replace electrolytes lost during intense exercise without compromising cardiovascular health. If you have a history of heart issues, it’s best to consult your doctor first.
- Total carbohydrate, 6 g: At six grams of carbs per serving, Gaspari Nutrtition MyoFusion Advanced Protein clearly isn’t a low-carb protein blend option (a good low-carb whey protein option is MyProtein Impact Whey Protein) . We noticed the manufacturer pulled out all the stops in terms of sugar content (which is still reasonable at two grams per serving): cellulose, xanthan, carrageenan (which has been linked to inflammation, diabetes, and cancer), sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. Realistically speaking, the move could turn some consumers off.
Any time you get 25 grams of quality fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein, you get a good return on your investment. Remaining in an anabolic state for hours is key if you want to achieve your muscle-building goals. We feel Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein can be a tremendous asset.
The one thing which sets Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein apart is the name of bodybuilding legend Rich Gaspari.
If you spot a name of that caliber on the label, you expect quality – nothing more, nothing less. Quality combined with quantity (in this case 25 grams or protein per scoop) and dedication (exercise, nutrition, and sleep) will give you results.
As proof of the manufacturer’s dedication to quality, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein “offers a higher percentage of protein by weight, and more of the purest, fast-acting proteins available today,” per its official website.
According to Gaspari Nutrition, each serving also includes beneficial ingredients such as “Alpha-lactalbumin, Beta-lactoglobulin, Glycomacropeptides, Immunoglobin G (lgG), Lactoferrin, and various growth factors.”
All we can say is this: The addition of pure, fast-acting protein is a sure-fire way to get the customer’s attention. Hey, this is Gaspari Nutrition we’re talking about – the company backs up its claims.
As far as the fat, cholesterol, and sodium content is concerned, there’s nothing much to gripe about. Sugar content is also kept in check. Awesome.
Now, you may be having doubts about medium-chain triglycerides as one of Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advance Protein’s ingredients. Let’s be real here: Any mention of “triglycerides” can make you think about a visit to your cardiologist.
Well, the truth is medium-chain triglycerides (also known as MCTs) are essential healthy fats. They help maintain your ideal weight, boost energy levels, improve digestion, and balance hormone levels.
Having said that, we hope we have put your doubts about MCTs to rest.
Like we also said, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein is not the best option for those who want a low-carb supplement. This supplement has maltodextrin, a post-workout carbohydrate derived from corn, potato, or starch which has received mixed feedback from fitness experts.
Our take: Maltodextrin can be an asset, but if you have a sensitive digestive system, better skip it. You can opt for a different fast-absorbing carb source such as white rice or gummy bears instead.
What are the major red flags of Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein, then?
First, there’s the inclusion of carrageenan, which has become a trend in the supplement industry. We already pointed out it’s an additive which has been linked to inflammation, diabetes, and even cancer. Honestly, we’d like to see these supplement manufacturers do away with this ingredient one of these days.
Finally, the massive heap of ingredients may suggest the inclusion of fillers. Hey, we noticed Gaspari Nutrition went all out in including several sweeteners (unfortunately, none of them is stevia). That in itself could just be the tip of the iceberg, folks.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein Benefits
The manufacturer enumerates Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein’s benefits on its official website:
- Twenty-five grams of protein
- Low-fat, sodium, and sugar
- Build lean muscle
- Gain strength
- Amazing taste
We agree on all fronts. With the exception of a few kinks, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein is shaping up to be a strong protein blend contender.
Who Takes It?
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein is intended for athletes and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who want to build lean muscle, gain strength, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
Since Gaspari Nutritoin MyoFusion Advanced Protein contains milk ingredients, those who are lactose intolerant are advised to consult their physician before purchasing.
Individuals who have sensitive digestive systems may also want to seek professional medical advice as this product has maltodextrin.
Finally, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein is not intended as a sole source of nutrition. Use as the manufacturer has directed.
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein Summary
- MyoFusion Advanced Protein Blend. Combination of fast-, medium-, and fast-acting protein.
- New advanced formula. Addition of more whey protein hydrolysates for better results.
- Low-fat, low-sodium, and low-sugar. For more peace of mind.
- Tastes great. Comes in six flavors.
- Some questionable ingredients. Maltodextrin and carrageenan, in particular.
- Possible inclusion of fillers. Heap of ingredients could be a giveaway, folks.
- Expensive. $87.99 for a four-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 two-lb. container (24-Day Supply): $53.99
- 1 four-lb. container (48-Day Supply): $87.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein
So, is Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein the ultimate time-release blend?
We like the advanced formula and the addition of whey protein hydrolysate. But let’s state the obvious here: Doing so amped up the price significantly. We’re sure a lot of consumers will be scared stiff.
Yes, Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein has a potent protein blend. You will get results. However, the manufacturer not only should have improved its formula, it should have also cleaned up its act – remove all fillers and dirty labels (particularly carrageenan). Had the company done that, we would have given it a higher rating.
For now, we’ll give MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder the slight edge.