Any of you guys still up to date with your comics? I’m a DC fan and all but I gotta admit, the X-Men got me hooked to Marvel on IV. Lots of characters a bro could look up to like The Hulk…The Hulk…and, well, The Hulk.
Aside from everyone’s favorite angry green man, there’s also Juggernaut. You know, that massive bro with a huge metal cap on his head, charges everyone with a huge football tackle. He’s kind of an idiot but he’s pumped like all the time, bro. Totally relate, right?
Well there’s this interesting preworkout that thinks it deserves the same name and it’s called Juggernaut HP by the geeks at Infinite Labs. The question is: Will Juggernaut be glad to have a preworkout named after him? Let’s find out!
About Juggernaut HP
The HP in Juggernaut HP means high performance and as if that wasn’t enough of a title, they also say they are the Perfect Preworkout Solution. It’s kinda tough to take a big ass yellow bottle seriously. Not saying yellow is a weak ass color but come on, you’re called Juggernaut and you went for yellow? Well, this Juggernaut better not be yeller if you know what I mean. Formula notes:
- Premium stuff: Four premium brands. Bro, I think I’m in love.
- One scoop: Start with one scoop but max it out with two for more fun.
- Organized: They used prop blends but it looks well-designed at first glance.
Juggernaut HP Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||250 mg|
|Folate (as Folic Acid)||200 mcg|
|Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCl)||5 mg|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Glycerophosphate)||5 mg|
|Sodium (as Sodium Bicarbonate)||10 mg|
|Potassium (as Potassium Glycerophosphate, Albion® Potassium Glycinate Complex)||29 mg|
|JUGGERNAUT MATRIX||5303 mg|
|Applied Nitric Oxide Matrix|
|Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn®), Agmatine Sulfate (AgmaMAX), Malic Acid, L-Norvaline, L-Histidine|
|Cellular Augmentation System|
|Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine MagnaPower®), Creatine Pyruvate, Di-Creatine Malate, Black Pepper Fruit Extract (BioPerine®)|
|Enerplex™ Intensity & Focus Amplifier|
|L-Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg), L-Tyrosine|
Natural Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Citric Acid, FD&C Red #40.
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement for adults, mix one serving (1 Scoop) with 6 to 8 ounces of water. Best when used on an empty stomach approximately 15 to 30 minutes prior to training. Assess tolerance before switching to two servings (2 Scoops). Do not exceed recommended serving. To avoid sleeplessness, do not take within 4 hours of bedtime.|
A formidable preworkout for when you just want to lift heavy stuff.
When it comes to formulating a convincingly potent preworkout, Juggernaut isn’t only good; it’s good at it. We ain’t saying it’s perfect but it’s a good contender if you ask us. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Beta alanine as Carnosyn®: Carnosine, the compound which beta alanine supports, acts as an intracellular buffer and helps stabilize pH levels which balance hydrogen ions in your muscles and results to enhanced performance.
- Agmatine Sulfate as AgmaMAXTM. An arginine by-product that functions as pump support by regulating levels of existing nitric oxide in the blood.
- Malic Acid: Malic acid is usually used as a flavoring agent but Juggernaut HP’s angle is on enhancing ATP production since Malic acid is involved in cell metabolism. Adding this would, in theory, provide a clean source of energy.
- L-Norvaline. Improves NO production and promotes vasodilation. It also inhibits enzymes that destroy the body’s natural NO producing compound arginine.
- L-Histidine. A histamine derivative, this form supports Carnosine levels in the body together with beta alanine.
- Creatine Complex. This is basically Juggernaut HP’s power and endurance blend. We’re just not sure if it’s a good idea to use more than just one good form of creatine. Do we have some sort of synergy to expect? We have Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine Chelate as Magnapower®, Creatine Pyruvate, and Di-Creatine Malate. In a nutshell, monohydrate is the gold standard form of creatine for maximum absorption, Magnapower was created to be better absorbed than monohydrate but science says there’s not much difference. Pyruvate is a form known to specially be good for endurance, and Malate is another upgraded form of creatine blended with malic acid for improved uptake.
- Black Pepper as BioPerine®. What’s not to love about this absorption booster? The fact that it was included in their creatine complex means you’ll definitely get the most out of all the creatine included here.
- Taurine. Works perfectly with caffeine in many, many energy drinks, taurine boosts muscle hydration and performance.
- Caffeine. Good old caffeine. Good for energy, fat burning, and sometimes even appetite suppression. Combined with a nootropic, it may even act as a focus ingredient. Dosage is modest but it makes it easier to double-up as Juggernaut HP recommends in their label.
- L-Tyrosine. This ingredient counters stress which happens when you multi-task. This translates to an improved focus for peak mental performance. A better form would’ve been Acetyl-L-Tyrosine.
Juggernaut HP is like a dream stack for most lifters. It has quality ingredients for pumps, peformance, and energy while adding ingredients that boost the overall absorption to make sure potency is enhanced and sustained. Despite its prestige, it is not without flaws and no amount of quality ingredients can hide them.
For one, we question the angle used on Malic Acid as a performance enhancer. Come on bro, malic acid isn’t exactly what pops into your head if you’re looking for dope performance.
There’s also the issue with using different types of creatine (four of them to be exact) instead of just one or two. We think having multiple forms of the same ingredient has benefits with regards to synergy but creatine is creatine no matter how you look at it. Creatine Monohydrate and Magnapower would’ve been more than enough unless this is a money issue.
Some lifters would probably find the dosing a bit on the weak side and vets would probably not feel the pump or energy at first. Good thing Juggernaut openly recommends users to double up anyway and it should fix a few dosage issues at the cost of increasing caffeine to 300 mg. Well, if you really want to lift good and hard, you’re gonna have to be one with the jitters, bro.
So yeah, one scoop will make you feel like lifting iron but double up and you’ll basically feel like charging through a wall.
Juggernaut HP Benefits
Juggernaut HP’s claims are decently supported. It can improve muscle fiber growth, provide explosive power, get you pumped, reduce fatigue, and promote focus a little bit. It goes without saying that it does work for one scoop but so much more if you take two.
Who Takes It?
Marketed mostly to powerlifters and serious bodybuilders but generally anyone who just wants a good lifting can enjoy this preworkout.
Any Side Effects?
Beta-alanine is known to give users the case of the tingles or itching of the skin. Some users aren’t bothered while others just hate being forced to twitch their nose to “scratch” a face itch midlift. As Carnosyn, this side effect should be mitigated somewhat. Creatine is known to promote bloating above all but if the absorption of each creatine type holds out, bloating is much less likely to occur. Then we have caffeine. There really isn’t much at one scoop so you should be relatively fine. It’s just like drinking two strong cups of coffee. If you’re sensitive, you get jittery and sweaty but it’s not that bad compared to when you double-up.
Juggernaut HP Summary
- Quality ingredients. Premium picks for maximum lifts.
- Formula design. Each blend works in tandem with the other.
- Absorption. Each ingredient is easily absorbed thanks to form and black pepper.
- Pump & Focus. Mild but they work.
- Strength & Endurance. You can run through a wall and call it a warm up.
- Postworkout gains. Creatine is meant to build muscle on top of your muscle.
- Needs two scoops. One serving is just not enough, bro.
- Malic Acid. There are far better ingredients for what it can do.
- 4x Creatine. We think 4 in 1 blend is redundant.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (60 servings): $49.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Juggernaut HP
Juggernaut HP is a preworkout you do definitely want in your preworkout arsenal. One scoop is decent but to get the full Juggernaut effect, you really gotta go with two. Quality ingredients for power and endurance, decent pumps and energy, with a bit of focus on the side so you can keep lifting despite hearing some newb call you all brawn and no brain.
Who are we kidding? Charge at him, bro!