If you’ve tried the potent pre-workout supplement Juggernaut HP, you’ve got another thing coming.
A better version, to be precise.
Enter Infinite Labs Juggernaut X, a pre-workout with a catchy name and big-time potential.
We’re sure men and women who are into bodybuilding will love it.
You’ll find out what we’re talking about in another exciting review.
About Infinite Labs Juggernaut X
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X “is the ideal pre-workout supplement to support your training intensity, strength, muscular endurance, and stamina with amazing flavor options,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Improved formulation. Better version of Juggernaut HP on several fronts.
- Four grams of l-citrulline per serving. Arguably the best pre-workout vasodilator on the market.
- Increased vitamin content. Ramped-up Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and folic acid content for long-term health.
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X Supplement Facts (Orange Sorbet, 14.4 0z. [410 g])
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.75 g) 2 Scoop (19.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 42 21
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||396 mg||660%||792 mg||1320%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||8 mg||400%||16 mg||800%|
|Folate (as folic acid)||300 mcg||75%||600 mcg||150%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium glycerophosphate)||5 mg||1.5%||10 mg||3%|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate)||30 mg||1.5%||60 mg||3%|
|Potassium (as potassium glycinate complex & potassium glycerophosphate)||30 mg||1%||60 mg||2%|
|L-Citrulline||4 g||*||8 g||*|
|Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure®)||1.25 g||*||3 g||*|
|Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®)||1.25 g||*||2.5 g||*|
|L-Tyrosine||0.5 g||*||1 g||*|
|Agmatine Sulfate||0.5 g||*||1 g||*|
|L-Histidine||250 mg||*||500 mg||*|
|Caffeine||175 mg||*||350 mg||*|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Silica, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40|
|Directions: As a dietary supplement for adults, mix one serving (1 Scoop) with 6 to 8 fl. oz. of water. Best when used on an empty stomach approximately 15 to 30 minutes prior to training. Assess tolerance before switching to two servings (2 Scoops). Do not exceed recommended serving. To avoid sleeplessness, do not take within 4 hours of bedtime.|
The Maximum Strength Pre-Workout
Quick, name a pre-workout supplement with the catchiest name.
For us, GNC BEYOND RAW LIT comes to mind. Who would ever thought this is a pre-workout? Honestly, it sounds an exquisite product you buy from an organic food store.
Seriously, it’s not perfect, but it can deliver good results (we just wish it has a cleaner formula).
Another interesting pre-workout supplement name is 4 Gauge, a product shaped like a shotgun shell.
We think the shape is indicative of its prowess – 4 Gauge will blow you away, for sure.
Well, it seems Infinite Labs Juggernaut X should be in the running as a pre-workout with the catchiest name.
We bet the “juggernaut” monicker resonates well with many bodybuilding supplement connoisseurs – it fits the mold of a powerful pre-workout perfectly.
When we sized up Inifite Labs Juggernaut X’s predecessor, Juggernaut HP, we compared it to the DC Comics character (if his appearance doesn’t freak you out, nothing will).
We thought its vaunted creatine complex, taurine, caffeine, CarnoSyn (beta-alanine), and agmatine sulfate combo was the stuff of legends.
As good as this sounds, Juggernaut HP has some loopholes.
Apparently, the manufacturer, Infinite Labs, listened to the pleas of customers – it formulated a more potent pre-workout in Juggernaut X.
Let’s see if this product will exceed our expectations, folks.
“Juggernaut X is the ideal pre-workout supplement to support your training intensity, strength, muscular endurance, and stamina with amazing flavor options,” per Infinite Labs’ official website.
Plus, the manufacturer dubs Infinite Labs Juggernaut X its “Maximum Strength Pre-Workout.”
One look at the product description, we get the impression this supplement covers all the bases.
We hope we’re right once we’re done sizing it up.
After scouring the ingredients list, we say Infinite Labs Juggernaut X is a vastly improved version of Juggernaut HP.
First of all, Juggernaut HP has three proprietary blends (you know how we feel about those- they’re deceiving, to say the least).
In sharp contrast, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has none – the manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts. It’s clear the folks at Infinite Labs wised up in this regard. Bravo.
When we reviewed Juggernaut HP, we griped about its creatine complex – we thought it was redundant. One type of creatine (preferably creatine monohydrate) would have sufficed.
This is not the case with Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
Not only does it stick to creatine monohydrate – the most effective kind of creatine on the market – but it also uses the top-notch German brand Creapure.
We say that’s awesome.
On that note, 1.25 grams of creatine monohydrate per serving is right on the industry average for pre-workout supplements.
That much should help ramp up your cellular energy levels for better and more efficient workouts.
Plus, you also reap the other benefits of creatine, which include:
- Improved muscle function
- Increased muscle mass
- Improved exercise performance
- Better brain health
- Healthy blood sugar levels
So, if you thought creatine was merely for increasing your energy levels and muscle mass, think again – it’s more than just those.
As for us, we’re glad it’s in Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
In our opinion, the biggest improvement from the older Juggernaut HP is the inclusion of four grams of l-citrulline per scoop.
Listen, folks: it may not be the most among pre-workouts (Jacked Factory’s ALTIUS has a whopping eight grams of citrulline malate per serving), but it’ll get the job done.
On that note, we’re stoked Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has l-citrulline, a potent nitric oxide booster (in fact, some fitness experts say it’s better than l-arginine, an amino acid and nitric oxide precursor with questionable absorption properties).
Expect improved blood flow, more stable blood pressure levels, better nutrient uptake, and, of course, increased muscle pumps when you supplement with Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
Trust us, folks.
Another noticeable difference between Juggernaut HP and Infinite Labs Juggernaut X is the absence of taurine in the latter.
Quite frankly, we’re bummed the manufacturer took taurine out of Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
Check out what taurine can do for you:
- Helps lower oxidative stress levels
- Torches fat
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Ramps up testosterone levels for increased muscle mass and strength
- Boosts the recovery process
- Improves heart health
- Helps improve sleep quality
- Boosts cognitive ability
Today’s pre-workout supplements serve more than their intended purpose: they also help increase muscle mass, incinerate fat, shorten recovery time, and so much more.
Long story short, modern pre-workouts are versatile.
So, why take out taurine from Juggernaut X? Only the manufacturer knows why.
As frustrating as that is, we’re glad the folks at Infinite Labs stood pat on several ingredients (which carried over from Juggernaut HP).
Not only that, but the ingredient dosages are more specific (thanks to the absence of the proprietary blends).
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s 1.25 grams of beta-alanine (CarnoSyn) per serving will help increase your muscle buffering capacity for greater resistance against exercise fatigue.
Count on it.
Oh, pair up Juggernaut X’s beta-alanine component with 250 milligrams of l-histidine per scoop, and you’ve got it made.
Well, it turns out “carnosine is synthesized in skeletal muscle from the amino acids l-histidine and beta-alanine,” per the June 4, 2010 issue of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov).
In simpler terms, l-histidine – a histamine derivative – helps regulate carnosine levels for increased exercise endurance.
On the other hand, 0.5 gram per serving each of agmatine sulfate and l-tyrosine should help.
The former is an l-arginine by-product which should help boost your nitric oxide levels for greater muscle pumps – a great complement to this supplement’s l-citrulline component.
As for l-tyrosine, it’s an amino acid which helps lower stress levels. When this happens, your focus improves.
Finally, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has 175 milligrams of caffeine per serving.
This is roughly equal to two cups of coffee, folks.
It’s interesting to note Juggernaut HP has “only” 150 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous per serving – an increase of 25 milligrams per scoop.
Don’t be deceived, though – Juggernaut HP has a smaller serving size (6.5 grams) than Infinite Labs Juggernaut X (9.75 grams).
After doing the math, we discovered the latter (1.7 percent) has less caffeine than the former (2.3 percent).
For caffeine-sensitive folks, that comes as somewhat of a relief.
Let’s keep it real, folks: caffeine is a great way to increase your energy levels and get your adrenaline flowing before a hard workout.
However, it may produce side effects (spike-crash effect and jitters) in some individuals.
On the plus side, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has ramped-up vitamin content.
Check out the difference between Juggernaut HP and Infinite Labs Juggernaut X in this regard:
|Juggernaut HP||Juggernaut X|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||250 mg (417 percent DV)||396 mg (660 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||5 mg (250 percent DV)||8 mg (400 percent DV)|
|Folate (as folic acid)||200 mcg (50 percent DV)||300 mcg (75 percent DV)|
So, how does this grab you?
The takeaway: Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s increased Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and folate content will not only help you achieve your pre-workout goals, but it will also help boost your long-term health.
Nothing could be better than that.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 396 mg: Wow. Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s ascorbic acid content represents an incredible 243 percent increase in its predecessor’s Vitamin C daily value. That much is sure to helps enhance mood, ward off free radicals, regulate blood pressure levels, and improve blood vessel dilation for better heart health. Awesome.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), 8 mg: Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s Vitamin B6 content represents an impressive 400 percent of the daily value. Expect better functioning of your nervous and immune systems as a result. Plus, Vitamin B6 boosts your metabolic rate.
- Folate (as folic acid), 300 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B9, this ingredient helps keep anxiety at bay, ward off nasty free radicals, and grow and maintain muscle tissues. Seventy-five percent of the daily value should go a long way, folks.
- Magnesium, 5 mg: This mineral is popular for its heart health benefits. Unfortunately, this supplement’s minuscule 1.5 percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent has a low value) just won’t cut it.
- Sodium (as sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate), 30 mg: Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s 1.5 percent of the daily value for sodium won’t compromise your blood pressure levels, for sure. However, don’t expect this much to improve hydration and keep muscle cramping at bay.
- Potassium (as potassium glycinate complex& potassium glycerophosphate), 30 mg: Infinite Labs Juggernaut X is not a significant source of potassium at a paltry one percent of the daily value.
- L-citrulline, 4 g: This non-essential amino acid is a great inclusion in Infinite Labs Juggernaut X. Too bad Juggernaut HP missed out – many fitness experts consider l-citrulline as one of the best – if not best – vasodilators on the pre-workout market. In fact, many pre-workout supplements have this as their main ingredient.
- Creatine monohydrate (Creapure), 1.25 g: A component which helps increase exercise performance and muscle mass. Creatine monohydrate also helps boost neurological function and regulate blood sugar levels. Creapure is a top-notch German brand which should give you a fast return on your investment.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), 1.25 g: A naturally-occurring beta amino acid which helps ramp up carnosine levels for increased muscle buffering capacity. The result: increased exercise endurance and greater resistance against fatigue.
- L-tyrosine, 0.5 g: An amino acid which helps lower stress levels for enhanced focus.
- Agmatine sulfate, 0.5 g: A by-product of l-arginine which helps increase nitric oxide levels for more impressive muscle pumps. Agmatine sulfate should complement Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s l-citrulline component beautifully.
- L-histidine, 250 mg: An amino acid which helps regulate carnosine levels in the muscles for increased endurance. We’re sure it will complement this supplement’s beta-alanine (CarnoSyn) component well.
- Caffeine, 175 mg: Like we already pointed out, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has less caffeine per serving than its predecessor. Nonetheless, caffeine is still a double-edged sword – take at your own risk, folks.
The moment we laid eyes on Infinite Labs Juggernaut X, our gut told us it’s a major step-up from Juggernaut HP.
We stand pat on our analysis.
Look no further than the inclusion of l-citrulline, removal of the creatine complex, and increased vitamin content as hard evidence.
Like we said, it’s evident the manufacturer gave in to the pleas of consumers to concoct a more potent pre-workout formula.
You can’t blame the customers – Juggernaut HP is a decent pre-workout. Unfortunately, its chinks (proprietary blends, creatine complex, etc.) could still be ironed out.
We’re glad the folks at Infinite Labs listened.
Including four grams of l-citrulline per scoop is a no-brainer – it’s arguably the best vasodilator on the market today. It seems to us l-arginine’s days are numbered, folks.
We’re also glad the manufacturer simplified matters by using just creatine monohydrate (1.25 grams per serving) – the most effective kind of creatine there is.
Doing away with the shady proprietary blends and revealing the exact dosages of beta-alanine (1.25 grams), l-tyrosine (0.5 gram), agmatine sulfate (0.5 gram), l-histidine (250 milligrams), and caffeine (175 milligrams) is a huge sigh of relief for any consumer.
On that note, kudos to Infinite Labs – it made amends for the proprietary blends of Juggernaut HP. Well done.
We also can’t get enough of the increased Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and folic acid content.
You saw for yourself how big the differences are between Juggernaut HP and Infinite Labs Juggernaut X in terms of vitamin content. The latter pre-workout is sure to boost your long-term health as well.
Count on it.
The takeaway: expect great muscle pumps, awesome muscle buffering capacity, and ramped-up exercise endurance with Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
On the flip side, we’re still scratching our heads why the manufacturer removed taurine (a versatile amino acid) from Infinite Labs Juggernaut X.
While Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s caffeine content is lesser on a per-serving basis than Juggernaut HP’s, it’s still caffeine – a double-edged sword you should take at your own risk.
This pre-workout has a lot of things going for it. It’s just unfortunate the inclusion of fillers (sucralose, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD&C Red No. 40) could be a bona fide deal breaker.
What in the world was the manufacturer thinking?
Finally, this product doesn’t have the sterling reputation other big-name supplements have – more customers prefer to do their business with other pre-workout manufacturers.
Nevertheless, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s upsides outnumber its downsides – it should still give you a good return on your investment.
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X Benefits
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X’s formula “combines essential components that can assist any type of athlete by supporting muscular strength and power, blood flow, and muscle pump, mental focus and energy, muscular stamina, and overall athletic performance,” per its official website.
We agree with this assessment. Infinite Labs Juggernaut X is a competent pre-workout supplement which can help you achieve these goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
According to the manufacturer’s official website, “Any athlete from any skill level can experience the benefits of Juggernaut X.”
The manufacturer also makes it clear this pre-workout is intended for athletes who are at least 18 years of age.
Any Side Effects?
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X has 175 milligrams of caffeine per scoop (roughly equal to two cups of coffee). This much may cause spike-crash and jittery effects in some individuals. Please assess your caffeine tolerance before purchasing this product.
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X also has beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), an ingredient which may cause the “beta-alanine itch” (a tingling senation underneath the skin) in some people.
Finally, this pre-workout has several other ingredients (sucralose, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD&C Red No. 40) which have certain side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Infinite Labs Juggernaut X Summary
- Improved formulation. Better version of its predecessor, Juggernaut HP.
- Four grams of l-citrulline per serving. Potent vasodilator for better blood flow and increased muscle pumps.
- Has Creapure. Top-notch German creatine monohydrate brand.
- Contains CarnoSyn. Renowned beta-alanine brand for increased muscle buffering capacity.
- Has l-histidine. Should serve as a great complement to CarnoSyn component.
- Increased vitamin levels. For pre-workout purposes and long-term health. Awesome.
- Great transparency. Far cry from Juggernaut HP’s shady proprietary blends.
- No taurine. We’ll never know why the manufacturer removed this versatile amino acid.
- Caffeine content. We said it before, we’ll say it again: it’s a double-edged sword, folks.
- Has fillers. Sucralose, FD&C Yellow No. 6, and FD & C Red No. 40. Boo.
- Lesser reputation. Not as known as other big-name pre-workouts.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 410-gram Container (42-Day Supply): $32.79
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Infinite Labs Juggernaut X
We’re glad Juggernaut HP is out on the market.
However, we feel better its successor, Infinite Labs Juggernaut X, is out to make a resounding statement.
The manufacturer made some great changes. While the latest version still has flaws, it’s a complete pre-workout which packs a mean punch.
We recommend you at least try Infinite Labs Juggernaut X and see how it kicks your workouts up a notch.
If only the manufacturer can come up with an ultimate version without those fillers, though.