Becoming an Alpha Male is complicated… right?
If you answered yes, you ain’t no alpha male bro! Being Alpha is just about two simple things: Acting like an Alpha male and Looking like an Alpha male.
There are no real supplements to make you act Alpha but Alpha GX7 thinks it’s the perfect supplement to at least make you look Alpha — especially since looking alpha involves lifting lots of heavy stuff.
Can we trust them to deliver? Let’s find out!
About Alpha GX7
GX7 is brought to you by the good folks of The Original Alpha. They claim it to be the “Most Powerful Pre Workout Powder” like every other pre-workout we’ve reviewed. Unfortunately, plenty of them fail. We think Alpha GX7 has potential, though. Formula notes:
- Clean label: Not much fluff or fairy dusting. There’s also transparency which is always a good rep improver.
- Research Backed: The site claims to have done its homework and the supplement facts seems to agree with them.
- Consumption warning: They say not to exceed two scoops per day. Sounds dangerous and danger makes us feel like excited.
Alpha GX7 Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 8.2 g / 1 scoop
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Niacin||5 mg (25% DV)|
|Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate||1500 mg|
|Citrulline Malate||1500 mg|
|Mucuna L-Dopa 20%||450 mg|
|Yohimbine HCl||3 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Calcium Citrate, Silicon Dioxide, Red 40|
|Directions for use: Mix 1 scoop with 6-8 oz of water and consume 30 minutes prior to training. Start with 1 scoop or less to assess your tolerance, and do not consume more than 2 scoops per day.|
Alpha GX7’s smart formula design could use a litte more N.O.
The supplement facts are clean, focused, and transparent so we’ll give them a high-five on that one. Because of their transparency, we get to see what we need to see. Right now we’re looking at a pre workout formula that hits a lot of the right notes and uses some of the best PWOs known to bros… but also skimps on dosages in a couple of key places. Let’s break down the ingredients in Alpha GX7:
- Beta Alanine as CarnoSyn®: The premium form of the tingling-causing muscle endurance booster Beta Alanine. It’s cool and all and while it did hit the minimum effective dosage for long-term, most bros are looking something more intense that works right away.
- AAKG. Arginine is the precursor to nitric oxide (NO) production and NO serves to encourage pumps. This form of Arginine is the most bioavailable of all forms. Dosage is OK, but we’d rather see AAKG in the range of 2-3 g. Perhaps they were aiming for synergy with our next ingredient.
- Citrulline Malate: The best ingredient when it comes to boosting NO. It also helps nourish muscles during training and boost recovery after, making it a staple pre workout. Staple or not, this 1.5 g dosage is off as the regular dosage is at least 3 g per day. This dose is only good if you’re just looking to get harder and stronger dick muscles.
- L-Carnitine. Carnitine is known for exercise recovery benefits but it also shows a bit of fat burning as a side benefit. Dosage at 750 mg seems minimal since most studies used at least 2 g for clinical effectiveness.
- Mucuna Pruriens. Standardized for 20% which is pretty good for a T-boosting ingredient. It also helps boost mood and focus by increasing Dopamine and Noradrenaline. Dosage is really good.
- Taurine. Taurine acts as an antioxidant for the brain but works in synergy with arginine as an NO booster. Dosage-wise, 400 mg is good for a nootropic but is likely too small for a good NO boost.
- Caffeine. Caffeine belongs to our top list of fat burners but caffeine is mostly known for boosting energy which is something Alpha GX7 has a lot of at 250 mg.
- Theobromine. It acts as a heart health booster and acts a little bit like caffeine if only to act as a cardiac stimulant. Dosage looks mild for its effect to be even noticed.
- Yohimbine HCL. Yohimbine is the active compound found in Yohimbe, a common ingredient found in supplements. It functions as a fat burner and may even boost mood and focus due to the way it releases adrenaline. Dosage may seem small but it’s at a minimal dose to make sure your heart doesn’t jump out of your chest.
Alpha GX7 seems to target Pumps, Energy, Stamina and Focus, plus a bit of Recovery. It also throws in a smattering of fat-burning and even some T-boost support, too.
We like their ingredient choices. Not only are some of them presented in premium form, but the formula as a whole seems to know what it’s supposed to do. It’s not confused or trying to do everything at once like so many wannabe supplements. Each ingredient is on-point for the PWO benefits most Bros seek. Together as a stack, they make a good all-around foundation PWO, especially for newbies.
Alpha GX7’s smart formulation strategy won’t make us turn a blind eye on its flaws though, specifically on its NO boosters. Alpha GX7 relies heavily on synergy with its NO boosters, as evidenced by their relatively small dosages. Now ordinarily you might take an extra scoop to compensate, but if you do that with Alpha GX7, you will shuttle 500 mg of caffeine in your bloodstream. No amount of L-Theanine is gonna take those jitters away.
Anyway, while we’re sure Alpha GX7’s ingredient choices all fit well together, some of those doses seem to hold it back a bit. We suggest it’ll bring you mild pumps… and we’re not sure the NO boost will last very long, as NO is used up pretty fast.
Still, Alpha GX7 delivers mental intensity, physical energy, and a bump in stamina and power that can get you in the freakin’ mood for crushing reps… so for the most part, mission accomplished.
Alpha GX7 Benefits
This formula benefits intensity, strength and focus above all. Alpha GX’s label emphasizes on “Maximized Energy” and they gave us that. As for the pumps, it’s subjective — for experience gym rats, these dosages will feel pretty light. But if you’re not used to taking NO boosters, then maybe Alpha GX7’s NO stack is enough to get your fix. Another cool potential benefit of Alpha GX7 might be some testosterone support thanks to the fat dosage of quality standardized Mucuna. A bump in T will help your anabolic growth, so it’s a smart complement to a solid overall PWO formula.
Who Takes It?
Bros who know their stacks will definitely want to give this a go. It’s simple enough to be stackable and improved with a few touch ups here and there specially with its NO boosters.
Any Side Effects?
The most common side effect would be the tingling sensation brought on by Beta Alanine and the other NO boosters but some users actually see this as a sign of effectiveness. Jitters and crashing could occur due to Caffeine content. If you’re sensitive to the ‘FEINE and want to take it, consider taking it with a nootropic stack that includes L-Theanine to offset the shakes and manic energy.
Alpha GX7 Summary
- Focused. Pump, mood, energy, a bit of recovery, and nothing else.
- Premium brands. We always love our celebrity ingredients.
- Mood and Energy. Lift longer and smile throughout the grind.
- Good design. Each ingredient is set to work the way they should.
- Good price range. At $1.00 per serving, it’s a bargain.
- Mild pumps. May not work as good as advertised.
- Underdosing. Even premium ingredients need a bit of weight to work.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $29.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Alpha GX7
Alpha GX7 is one of those good pre workouts that just needs a little bit more PUMP to get it going. That’s not saying Alpha GX7 isn’t effective, though. Alpha GX7 has pumps but not the kind of pumps you might expect from a pre workout that ignites your blood vessels with NO. It doesn’t take much to perfect the design since you only really need to add more NO boosters in and you got yourself a great pre workout.