Our mission: help you find the most complete post-workout recovery supplement on the market.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery’s name may look simple, but its ingredients tell a different story. We’re confident customers will love it.
This will be one heck of a review, that’s for sure.
About Vitalyte Complete Recovery
The manufacturer dubs Vitalyte Complete Recovery “the most advanced recovery formula on the market,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Comprehensive formula. One of the most complete we’ve seen among post-workout supplements.
- Bonus health benefits. Mega doses of Vitamins D, B6, and B12 as well as chromium.
- Expensive. $36.99 for a 1.04-lb. container.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery Supplement Facts (Tropical Punch, 1.04 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (23.65 g)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6*:||10 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B12*:||30 mcg||500%|
|Amino Complex:||7205 mg|
|L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate:||700 mg|
|Recovery Complex:||14,680 mg|
|Palatinose (Isomaltulose):||5000 mg|
|Carnosyn (Beta-Alanine):||1200 mg|
|SOD (Super Oxid Dismutase):||20 mg|
|Glucosamine Hydrochloride:||1500 mg|
|Crystaline Fructose:||2000 mg|
|Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals:||1960 mg|
|Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Stevia, Turmeric|
|Directions: Take immediately after a workout or competition for best results.|
There have been some unheralded post-workout supplements which have been a pleasant surprise.
We’re talking about products not as popular as MusclePharm, Optimum Nutrition, or MuscleTech, mind you.
However, they’ve managed to turn a few heads, including ours.
Now, let’s see if Vitalyte Complete Recovery is another darkhorse in the making.
The manufacturer dubs this product as “The Most Advanced Recovery Formula on the Market,” per its official website.
We’ve heard that many times before. Can the company back up its bold claim?
Vitalyte says it delved deeper into the post-workout needs of today’s athletes. It based its post-workout formula on that premise.
This product “is the first to address glycogen and electrolyte depletion, muscle and tissue damage, joint damage, and oxidative stress,” per its official website.
The manufacturer then says Vitalyte Complete Recovery “works faster and more efficiently than any other product,” per the same source.
We certainly hope so. This supplement has a heap of ingredients. It has two complexes: an Amino Complex and a Recovery Complex.
The Amino Complex is comprised of 7.205 grams per 23.65-gram scoop. Its biggest ingredient is the branch-chained amino acid leucine, which makes up two grams per serving.
No surprise there, folks. A ton of bodybuilding supplement manufacturers put the spotlight on leucine because of its reputation as an effective muscle builder.
Bear in mind leucine is the BCAA which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. Not only that, it helps preserve muscle tissue (just like glutamine) and boost the recovery process – two things you want in your post-workout product.
As for the two other BCAAs – isoleucine and valine – they play a key role in repairing damaged muscle tissue. The manufacturer included 500 grams of each in Vitalyte Complete Recovery.
The second-biggest component of the Amino Complex is 1.5 grams of glutamine per serving.
This is the most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, and boost the immune system. Most post-workouts have this ingredient. Now you know why.
Next up is 700 milligrams of l-arginine alpha ketoglutarate (AAKG) per serving.
Arginine is the amino acid precursor of nitric oxide, which helps dilate blood vessels for more efficient nutrient absorption, muscle pumps, and lower blood pressure.
These are post-workout benefits you want in your supplement, folks.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery also has 500 milligrams of glycine – one of the most versatile amino acids – per serving.
Check out some of its benefits:
- Helps build lean muscle mass
- Prevents muscle loss
- Helps amp up human growth hormone levels
- Wards off post-workout inflammation and joint discomfort
- Improves flexibility
Wow. Glycine is one well-rounded ingredient. We say it’s as versatile as betaine anhydrous, another post-workout staple.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery’s Amino Complex also has 300 milligrams each of lysine, threonine, and histidine.
Lysine is an essential amino acid which helps reduce anxiety and improve bone health.
On the other hand, threonine is a precursor of glycine. It helps maintain the elasticity of connective tissues and muscles – an important long-term post-workout benefit.
For its part, histidine helps develop and re-generate muscle tissue. Your muscles undergo wear and tear during intense exercise. Histidine consumption helps offset that.
We rarely come across a post-workout supplement containing lysine, threonine, and histidine.
The takeaway: Vitalyte Complete Recovery is hell bent on being a cut above the rest.
The final ingredient of its Amino Complex is five milligrams of methionine per serving.
This amino acid helps boost the immune system and metabolism. Plus, it helps ward off nasty free radicals. Awesome.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery also has a Recovery Complex worth 14.68 grams per serving.
This product’s main ingredient is five grams of Palatinose (isomaltulose) per serving.
We’re sure many of you are unfamiliar with it. We don’t blame you. Vitalyte Complex Recovery is one of the rare post-workout supplements which have Palatinose.
Just so you know, it is a carbohydrate and beet sugar by-product made up of sucrose and fructose. It also occurs naturally in honey.
Palatinose has a low glycemic rating. Your body also absorbs it slowly, which means there are no abrupt insulin spikes.
This slow-release feature benefits endurance athletes who need energy for long amounts of time. When you consume Vitalyte Complete Recovery, you will be replenished for your next workout.
It doesn’t stop there.
Palatinose has been linked to fat burning presumably because of the lower insulin levels in the bloodstream. So, if you want more energy and a ripped body, you can try consuming Palatinose.
The next biggest ingredient of the Recovery Complex is three grams of dextrose per serving.
Unlike Palatinose, dextrose is a fast-absorbing simple carbohydrate which creates an insulin spike. This, in turn, helps replenish depleted glycogen stores in muscles.
Dextrose is a common ingredient in post-workout supplements. Combining it with Palatinose is a sure-fire way to meet your carbohydrate needs after a tough workout.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery also has another renowned post-workout ingredient: 1.2 grams of beta-alanine per serving.
Beta-alanine is a precursor of carnosine, a peptide which helps prevent muscular fatigue. With that, the former has earned a stellar reputation in the post-workout supplement industry because of its ability to increase endurance.
The next ingredient is two grams of crystalline fructose per serving.
This sweetener is a by-product of corn. After undergoing processing, it comes out as near-100-percent fructose. It is roughly 2o times sweeter than sucrose, which means it adds fewer calories to Vitalyte Complete Recovery.
Another ingredient of Vitalyte Complete Recovery is 1.96 grams of evaporated cane juice crystals per serving.
Some fitness experts believe evaporated cane juice and white sugar are not that different. In fact, they deemed both are nothing more than forms of empty calories.
What a bummer.
Look at the bright side: Vitalyte Complete Recovery has stevia, a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
We feel the manufacturer should have included more of stevia and less of evaporated cane crystals. That’s an easy call on our part.
On the other hand, another ingredient of Vitalyte Complete Recovery is 1.5 grams of glucosamine hydrochloride per serving.
If you’re familiar with supplements, you should know by now glucosamine helps ward off tissue compression and discomfort in the joints.
This becomes a common issue among lifters and athletes when they reach the age of 45. Heck, you can even experience joint problems if you lift too heavy or lift the wrong way. Consuming glucosamine hydrochloride helps prevent joint issues.
Finally, Vitalyte Complete Recovery has 20 milligrams of super oxid dismutase (SOD), an antioxidant which helps keep free radicals at bay.
Among SOD’s other post-workout benefits are prevention of inflammation and rebuilding of muscle tissue.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery is one of the few post-workout supplements which has SOD. Nonetheless, the amount is minuscule.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 50: Vitalyte Complete Recovery has only 50 calories per serving. Post-workout supplement calorie content range anywhere between 10-150 per serving, depending on the ingredients. Using that as a reference, we can now say this product has a low calorie content.
- Sodium, 39 mg: Vitalyte Complete Recovery is a low-sodium post-workout at just two percent of the daily value. Even individuals who are monitoring their sodium intake can safely consume this product.
- Potassium, 92 mg: This mineral helps boost cardiovascular health and neutralize sodium levels in the body. The amount in Vitalyte Complete Recovery ins’t significant at just four percent of the daily value. If you need more potassium, chow on a banana or two instead.
- Magnesium, 3 mg: Vitalyte Complete Recovery is a poor source of magnesium at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Calcium, 3 mg: This supplement is also a poor source of calcium, as it has the same amount as magnesium. Drink more milk to up your daily calcium intake instead.
- Vitamin D, 1500IU: Now, we’re talking. Vitalyte Complete Recovery is a phenomenal source of Vitamin D at a whopping 3,750 percent of the daily value. We’ve never seen a supplement with this much Vitamin D, which helps build stronger bones, improve muscular function, boost cardiovascular health, and ward off free radicals. Awesome.
- Vitamin B6, 10 mg: While 10 milligrams per serving may not seem much, it is when you talk about Vitamin B6 (also known as pyridoxamine). If 500 percent of the daily value doesn’t grab you, we don’t what will. Vitamin B6 helps boost heart and kidney health and improve the nervous and immune systems.
- Vitamin B12, 30 mcg: Vitalyte Complete Recovery is also an impressive source of Vitamin B12 at a astounding 500 percent of the daily value. Healthy Vitamin B12 levels help increase energy levels, regulate the nervous and digestive systems, and ward off free radicals.
- Chromium, 100 mcg: If you want more chromium, try consuming Vitalyte Complete Recovery. It has 83 percent of the daily value for this mineral, which helps regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Chromium also helps prevent bone loss and improve eyesight.
- Sugars, 4 mg: Although the manufacturer didn’t indicate the daily value for sugar on the ingredients list, you can tell Vitalyte Complete Recovery is a low-sugar product with a measly four milligrams per serving.
- Total carbohydrate, 12 g: The manufacturer places a heavy emphasis on post-workout carbs Palatinose and dextrose, yet Vitalyte Complete Recovery remains a low-carb post-workout supplement at just four percent of the daily value.
Well, folks. We’ve laid out the facts for you – it seems Vitalyte Complete Recovery is dead serious on being the most comprehensive post-workout supplement on the market.
But no protein at all?
The manufacturer’s official website says, “protein synthesis cannot begin until your body has replaced muscle glycogen and balanced electrolytes.”
That’s where Vitalyte Complete Recovery’s formula comes in.
It flushes lactic acid, wards off inflammation, and fixes joint issues – processes which help prime your muscles for protein synthesis, per its official website.
We’re not going to argue with that, folks. Vitalyte Complete Recovery’s Recovery Complex helps does this.
Post-workout cabs in Palatinose and dextrose for glycogen replenishment? Check.
Anti-inflammatory components in super oxid dismutase and turmeric? Check.
An ingredient which helps fix joint issues in glucosamine hydrochloride? Check.
On the protein synthesis front, two grams of leucine per serving – the muscle-building BCAA – has you covered.
Throw in 1.5 grams of glutamine per serving to help preserve muscle mass and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels for good measure.
On that note, we like the addition of 500 milligrams of glycine per serving because its benefits closely resemble those of glutamine’s.
Plus, if you want to increase muscle pumps and lower blood pressure, 700 milligrams of arginine alpha-ketoglutarate per serving will help you.
The ingredient combination is hands down one of the best and most comprehensive we’ve seen in a post-workout supplement to date.
Don’t forget the additional health benefits: you get mega doses of Vitamins D, B6 and B12. Wow.
It’s too bad the company doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. We hope it will, someday.
The manufacturer’s transparency is also spot on. The company divulges the amount of each ingredient. There are also no proprietary blends and fillers.
Just about the only thing we didn’t like was the inclusion evaporated cane juice crystals. Like we said, the company could have included stevia for its sugar content exclusively instead of an empty-calorie ingredient.
Nonetheless, for the most part, it’s all good, folks.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery Benefits
The manufacturer’s official website says Vitalyte Complete Recovery will help improve your performance, “decrease oxidative stress, and limit your chances of injury.”
We agree with the manufacturer’s claims. With a comprehensive ingreident list, Vitalyte Complete Recovery will help you achieve your post-workout goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
Vitalyte Complete Recovery is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who want to improve performance, reduce recovery time, gain muscle mass, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report Vitalyte Complete Recovery has no glaring side effects.
However, consult with your physician if you’re having second thoughts about any ingredient of Vitalyte Complete Recovery.
Vitalyte Complete Recovery Summary
- Comprehensive ingredients. One of the most well-rounded post-workout supplement formulas on the market.
- Five grams of Palatinose per serving. Post-workout carb which helps increase energy and burn fat.
- Amino Complex. Assists in the protein synthesis process and preserve muscle mass.
- Has anti-inflammatory components. Super oxid dismustase and turmeric, to be precise.
- Includes stevia. Plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Low in sugar. Has a measly four milligrams per serving.
- Bonus ingredients. Has mega doses of Vitamins D, B12, and B6 as well as chromium.
- Good reputation. Many customers swear by it.
- Has evaporated cane juice crystals. Empty-calorie sweetener similar to white sugar.
- Expensive. $36.99 for a 1.04-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.04-lb. container (20-Day Supply): $36.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Vitalyte Complete Recovery
Take Vitalyte Complete Recovery for what it means, folks – it’s one of the most complete post-workout formulas we’ve come across.
When you try this product, we’re confident you will be primed for your next workouts. The pros far outweigh the cons, folks. Make sure to tell your friends about it.
To sum everything up, we highly recommend Vitalyte Complete Recovery. It’s a tad bit expensive, but you will get what you pay for.