Quick, name a bodybuilding post-workout supplement which has been compared to lean muscle armor.
Here’s one: Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed.
Several things caught our attention: its 4:1.5:1.5 BCAA ratio and leucine peptide content, among other things. They could increase sales in a hurry.
Get ready for another awesome review, folks.
About Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is “a highly-concentrated pharmaceutical grade free-form BCAA, leucine peptide, l-glutamine amino acid formula that delivers an extremely high ratio of l-leucine and l-glutamine to lean muscle cells,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Seven grams of BCAAs per serving. 4:1.5:1.5 BCAA ratio.
- Three grams of leucine peptides per serving. Amino acid compound with fast absorption rate.
- Excellent source of Vitamin B6. 100 percent of the daily value.
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 480 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)||2 mg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin)||0 mg||6.66%|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mg||25%|
|ARMED COMPLEX 14.000 mg
|BCAA’s (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)|
|Leucine Peptide (As PepForm® Leucine Peptides)|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Artificial Flavour|
|Directions For Primaltein Armed: Recommend use on training days only: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (16 grams) mix into 10-12 ounces of cold water or your favorite natural fruit juice. Consume any time immediately prior (10-15 minutes) to training, during or immediately after training to derive maximum benefit from this product. Panthera Pharmaceutical products are Supplements that are positive additions to well-balanced, whole food diets. This product has a highly specific purpose to support lean muscle tissue recovery from the trauma associated with sensible, vigorous physical exercise.|
Amino Acid Arsenal for Your Lean Muscle Armor
There’s no question you want the most comprehensive formula for your bodybuilding post-workout supplement.
They’re the best bang for your buck, believe us.
Could Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed trump them?
This supplement “is a highly-concentrated pharmaceutical grade free-form BCAA, leucine peptide, l-glutamine amino acid formula that delivers an extremely high ratio of l-leucine and l-glutamine to lean muscle cells,” per its official website.
Plus, the manufacturer dubs it an “Amino Acid Arsenal” and “Lean Muscle Armor,” per the same source.
Sounds good to us, folks.
This so-called “Amino Acid Arsenal” is comprised of the following on a per-serving basis:
- Seven grams of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) in a 4:1.5:1.5 ratio
- Three grams of leucine peptides
- Three grams of l-leucine per serving
- One gram of citrulline malate per serving
One of the first things we noticed is an error on the ingredients list, which indicates Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed’s Armed Complex Blend is composed of 14.000 mg of the aforementioned ingredients.
Shouldn’t that be grams instead of milligrams?
It should be – where can you find a post-workout – or any bodybuilding supplement for that matter – with that minuscule amount for BCAAs and other key ingredients?
We hope the manufacturer learns its lesson.
Nevertheless, seven grams of BCAAs per serving is a good amount for a post-workout supplement.
Don’t believe us? If a post-workout has more than twice the BCAA amount of big-name products such as MusclePharm Amino1 (three grams per serving), we should pay attention.
It’s also one of the most unusual BCAA ratios (4:1.5:1.5) we’ve come across. But hey, if Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed has three times more leucine (four grams per serving) than isoleucine and valine (1.5 grams each), we’ll take it.
That much leucine – the most anabolic BCAA – is sure to help you grow lean muscle mass in conjunction with regular exercise, sound nutrition, and enough rest.
You can take our word for it.
Leucine is the BCAA which helps kickstart protein synthesis. It does so by activating a special protein known as mTOR.
This ultimately leads to more muscle growth.
Unknown to many, leucine also helps prevent the breakdown of muscle protein. In short, it has powerful muscle-sparing abilities.
In addition, leucine helps you stay lean when it triggers the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus (a part of the brain which secretes hormones).
So, with leucine, you can grow muscle and torch fat at the same time. Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed’s four grams of leucine per serving can help you achieve these goals.
Next up are 1.5 grams of isoleucine per serving.
This BCAA helps boost post-exercise muscle recovery, preserve muscle proteins, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
For its part, 1.5 grams of valine per serving help regulate the immune system, repair muscle tissue, and increase endurance – all important post-workout benefits.
Okay, now that you know what leucine is, you need to know what leucine peptides are.
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed has three grams of leucine peptides per serving.
A leucine peptide is leucine fused with a BCAA. Among the common forms are valine-leucine, isoleucine-leucine, leucine-leucine, leucine-valine, and leucine-isoleucine.
Their main benefit? Fast absorption.
Research has proven the body absorbs leucine peptides faster than whole proteins and single amino acids.
That’s what you need after a hard workout: instant replenishment. You need to capitalize on the crucial, half-hour post-workout window to reap the most benefits.
It doesn’t stop there.
Leucine peptides also help boost glycogen storage and protein synthesis after a hard workout.
With that, leucine peptides will help boost your post-workout results. Bear in mind not too many post-workout supplements have them.
Good thing they’re in Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed.
We’re also glad it has three grams of glutamine – the most abundant amino acid- per serving.
Glutamine is a staple post-workout ingredient because of its versatility: it helps preserve hard-earned muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, and boost the immune and digestive systems.
Plus, it helps ward off inflammation and hydrate muscle tissue.
Long story short, folks: glutamine works.
When you supplement with the most abundant amino acid, expect your recovery to improve by leaps and bounds.
Finally, Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed has one gram of citrulline malate per serving.
Citrulline malate is an amino acid compound which helps ward off muscle fatigue.
Plus, citrulline malate increases your levels of l-arginine, an amino acid which is a precursor of nitric oxide.
What does nitric oxide do?
It helps dilate your blood vessels for awesome muscle pumps and better nutrient absorption (particularly amino acids and glucose).
The end product is improved muscle function. Believe it, folks.
The downer: Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed’s Armed Complex Blend – which has all of these fantastic ingredients – is a proprietary blend.
Just so you know, proprietary blends do not reveal the exact dosages of each ingredient. It’s a sneaky marketing ploy which makes the product look more “appealing.”
We beg to disagree.
To the manufacturer’s credit, it divulges the amounts of BCAAs, citrulline malate, glutamine, and citrulline malate on its official website and the packaging.
However, they’re nowhere to be found on the ingredients list. Bummer.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 0 g: How often do you come across a zero-calorie post-workout supplement? Not very. Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is one of the rare ones in that category. You might as well take advantage.
- Fat, 0 g: You won’t find any fats in Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed, either. All good.
- Total carbohydrate, 0 g: Ditto for carbs. Zilch.
- Sugar, 0 g: Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? That is, until you see the manufacturer included sucralose (a.k.a. Stevia), an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and other side effects. Not good at all.
- Protein, 1.8 g: The protein content of Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is minuscule at just 1.8 grams per serving. If you want to up your protein intake, best to chug on a separate protein supplement.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), 2 mg: Two milligrams per serving may not seem much at first glance. However, this product has a whopping 100 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B6 (to put things in proper perspective, anything more than 15 percent of the daily value is considered high). Vitamin B6 helps boost the nervous and immune systems, regulate healthy hormone levels, and ward off heart and kidney ailments. Awesome.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamine), 0.04 mg: Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is not a significant source of Vitamin B12 at just 6.66 percent of the daily value.
- Folic acid, 0.1 mg: At 25 percent of the daily value, this product is a solid source of Vitamin B9 or folic acid, which helps boost cardiovascular, eye, and colon health.
Armed Complex Blend, 14.000 g
- BCAAs (l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine): branch-chained amino acids help boost muscle protein synthesis, increase energy and endurance, and facilitate muscle tissue repair.
- Leucine peptide ((as PepForm Leucine Peptides): These are the BCAA leucine fused to a separate branch-chained amino acid. Leucine peptides help boost glycogen storage and muscle protein synthesis. The main advantage is your body absorbs them faster than whole proteins.
- L-glutamine: The most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, boost the immune system, and increase human growth hormone levels.
- Citrulline malate: An amino acid compound which helps increase l-arginine levels. This, in turn, increases nitric oxide levels which results in better vasodilation for more muscle pumps, better nutrient absorption, and improved muscle function.
Panthera Labs dubs its Primaltein Armed as “Lean Muscle Armor.”
Believe its claim, folks. Its a unique muscle armor other post-workouts can’t build.
Let’s start with the unique 4:1.5:1.5 BCAA ratio – one of the most unique we’ve seen.
Many post-workouts resort to a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, which is fine.
However, Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed does them one better.
Four grams of leucine per serving will help you grow lean muscle mass, preserve muscle proteins, and lose fat.
Top that off with a combined three grams of isoleucine and valine, you will see your post-workout results soar.
After all, who can argue with a total of seven grams of BCAAs per serving?
We’re impressed with the inclusion of leucine peptides in Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed. Not too many post-workouts have them.
Again, the manufacturer dares to venture into unchartered waters. It’s a brave move on its part which will pay off for consumers.
Like we said, leucine peptides help boost post-workout glycogen stores and muscle protein synthesis.
The key here is their fast absorption – a crucial factor during the post-workout anabolic window.
Factor in glutamine and citrulline malate into the mix, you have yourself a powerhouse post-workout supplement.
Glutamine – a post-workout staple since the Golden Era of Bodybuilding – will help preserve muscle and increase human growth hormone levels.
You will also benefit from its abilities to boost the immune and digestive systems.
We’re also stoked about the inclusion of citrulline malate, which increases l-arginine levels.
Like we pointed out, the more arginine you have, the higher your levels of nitric oxide will be.
When this happens, expect better vasodilation. This, in turn, results in better nutrient absorption and awesome muscle pumps.
When you purchase Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed, you also get a bonus: its insane Vitamin B6 content (100 percent of the daily value).
Bottom line: the more Vitamin B6 you have in your body, the better it is for your nervous and immune systems.
This supplement is also a solid source of folic acid (Vitamin B9, estimated at 25 percent of the daily value), which helps boost cardiovascular, eye, and colon health.
On the flip side, the manufacturer could have been more consistent with its transparency.
Like we said, it indicated the precise amounts of its Armed Complex Blend (14 grams per serving) on the packaging and on its official website.
However, it didn’t break it down on the ingredients list. What gives?
For that, we considered the Armed Complex Blend a proprietary one. It’s not good because you’re leaving your consumers guessing.
Some red flags to watch out for: dirty ingredients in sucralose (Splenda) and FD&C Red No. 40.
Many fitness experts have come down hard on Splenda for its side effects, particularly obesity.
On the other hand, FD&C Red No. 40 is an artificial food coloring which has the white crystal P-cresidine, now known as a human carcinogen. Nasty.
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed Benefits
According to the manufacturer’s official website, “The ingredients in this formula L form (“L” stands for “Levo” or “instant” in Latin) amino acid supplement when combined with resistance exercise activates the most fundamental anabolic pathways promoting lean muscle recovery and growth.”
We agree with this assessment. How can you not with seven grams of BCAAs, three grams of glutamine, three grams of leucine peptides, and one gram of citrulline malate per serving?
Who Takes It?
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years old and want to increase muscle mass, shorten recovery time, boost energy levels, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed has no glaring side effects. However, this product contains sucralose (Splenda) and FD&C No. 40, two ingredients which have alleged side effects. Consult your doctor if these concern you.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed Summary
- Seven grams of BCAAs per serving. 4:1.5:1.5 BCAA ratio.
- Four grams of leucine per serving. Most anabolic amino acid.
- Three grams of glutamine per scoop. Helps preserve muscle mass and increase human growth hormone levels.
- Three grams of leucine peptides per scoop. Helps boost muscle protein synthesis.
- Has citrulline malate. Increases l-arginine and nitric oxide levels for improved muscle function.
- Excellent source of Vitamin B6. One hundred percent of the daily value.
- Solid source of Vitamin B9. Twenty-five percent of the daily value.
- Cheap. Currently on sale at $28.67 on official website.
- Proprietary blend. Manufacturer lacks consistency in terms of transparency.
- Dirty ingredients. Sucralose and FD&C Red N0. 40.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 480-gram container (30-Day Supply): $28.67
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed
The manufacturer claims Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed is an “Amino Acid Arsenal” and “Lean Muscle Armor,” per its official website.
Believe it, folks.
This supplement offers the usual BCAAs and glutamine fortified with effective ingredients in leucine peptides and citrulline malate.
We’re confident you will get the post-workout results you want.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer ruined a good thing with a proprietary blend and several dirty ingredients. Tsk, tsk.
Still, we recommend you give Panthera Labs Primaltein Armed a shot and feel its Lean Muscle Armor work its magic.