It’s hard to find a comprehensive post-workout supplement with a decent price nowadays.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA could just be the one you’re looking for.
Its main selling point: its vaunted 4:1:1 BCAA ratio (four grams of leucine per two servings).
Wow. Another awesome review awaits you.
About MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA
The manufacturer dubs MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA as “The World’s Most Powerful Strength-Enhancing BCAA Formula,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- 4:1:1 BCAA ratio. Four grams of leucine, two grams of isoleucine, and two grams of valine per two servings.
- Has betaine anhydrous and taurine. Two versatile post-workout ingredients.
- Comprehensive post-workout formula. Tart cherry concentrate and coconut water complete the equation.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch Blast, 36 Servings)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9g)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 36
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%*|
|BCAA 4:1:1 Matrix|
|Musclebuilding and Recovery Plus Matrix|
|Betaine Anhydrous||1.25 g||†|
| Tart Cherry
Prunus cerasus fruit)
| Coconut Water (as
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Acesulfame-Potassium, Sucralose, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Red No. 40.|
|Directions For MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA: Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 8 oz. of water and consume after your workout. For full effects, mix 2 scoops (2 servings) with 16 oz. of water and consume post-workout. Do not exceed 2 scoops in a 24-hour period. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.|
The World’s Most Powerful Strength-Enhancing BCAA Formula
We’ve got to hand it to MuscleTech, folks. They have some of the catchiest marketing taglines in the bodybuilding supplement industry.
Check out MuscleTech CELL-TECH: The Ultimate Hargainer Creatine Formula and MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen Accelerator: A Truly Complete Weight-Loss and Pre-Cardio Formula.
Wow. All we can say is this manufacturer’s marketing department is top-notch – their product names are some of the most unique. We mean it.
Now comes MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA: The World’s Most Powerful Strength-Enhancing BCAA Formula.
Take a hint from the tagline: if you want to increase strength and get some serious post-workout results, MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA could be just the product for you.
This supplement features “a 4:1:1 ratio of BCAAs featuring a scientifically-studied dose of leucine, plus isoleucine, valine, betaine, taurine, and tart cherry to build muscle, increase strength, improve recovery, and decrease catabolic activity,” per MuscleTech’s official website.
The 4:1:1 ratio refers to two servings of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. MuscleTech MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has two grams of leucine per serving while the two other BCAAs have one serving each.
Our initial impression: a good number of today’s renowned post-workout ingredients are in MuscleTech MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA.
The manufacturer seems to be confident the product can give you results even without time-tested ingredients such as creatine, glutamine, and l-carnitine l-tartrate.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA’s featured ingredient is leucine, the branch-chained amino acid (BCAA) which helps kickstart protein synthesis and build muscle mass.
The manufacturer’s official website backs this up when it says, “Leucine is the most critical of all muscle-building amino acids and has the highest anabolic potential because it activates protein synthesis within the muscle via the mTOR pathway.”
It even cites a study which says four grams of leucine helped subjects “increase their five-rep max strength by over 40 percent!”
We’re not going to argue with that, folks. Many – and we mean many – studies have vouched for leucine’s effectiveness as a muscle-building BCAA.
As for the two other BCAAs – isoleucine and leucine – they don’t have the stellar muscle-building reputation of leucine, but they’re important in post-workout recovery, nonetheless.
Isoleucine also has an important muscle-building benefit – helping maintain a positive nitrogen balance. When that happens, your muscles will thrive in an anabolic environment.
In terms of post-workout benefits, isoleucine is crucial when it comes to recovery because it helps increase endurance and repair muscle tissue.
As for valine, it also plays a role in maintaining a positive nitrogen balance for muscle growth. Plus, it helps increase energy and endurance levels.
Long story short, you need BCAAs in your post-workout supplement.
The first component of MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild’s Muscle-Building and Recovery Plus Matrix is 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous per two servings.
The manufacturer dubs this ingredient “one of the hottest new muscle-building ingredients thanks to its ability to increase gains in lean muscle, strength, and power,” per its official website.
In fact, MuscleTech conducted a study where test subjects consumed 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous in six weeks.
The outcome: they gained an astonishing 3.75 lbs. of lean muscle mass compared to the placebo group, which could muster only 0.66 lbs.
We won’t dispute this. More and more post-workout supplements include betaine (such as Kris Gethin’s KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED). The awesome results speak for themselves, folks.
The next ingredient in MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA’s Muscle-Building and Recovery Plus Matrix is taurine.
Its main benefits are strikingly similar to creatine’s.
“It is clinically shown to improve performance in endurance athletes” and also “aids in cell volumization,” per MuscleTech’s official website.
It’s pretty obvious to us the manufacturer put more faith in taurine than creatine in terms of post-workout benefits.
Nonetheless, we like taurine’s inclusion in MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA. We’re confident it’ll help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Another post-workout ingredient which has been gaining traction is tart cherry concentrate.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, this ingredient’s phytonutrient content helps boost recovery by reducing post-workout discomfort and warding off catabolism.
We like it. No wonder it’s becoming more popular, just like taurine.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA is a low-carbohydrate supplement at less than one percent of the daily value. The sugar content comes from the usual ones you see in many bodybuilding supplements – acesulfame potassium and sucralose (Splenda).
- Sodium, 120 mg: At five percent of the daily value, this supplement’s sodium level is safe even for those who are monitoring their intake. It’s the amount which will help prevent muscle cramping without compromising your blood pressure.
- Potassium, 25 mg: MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA is one of the few post-workout supplements on the market with some potassium content. It’s a rarity, believe us. Its potassium content is near irrelevant at just one percent of the daily value, however. If you want more potassium, eat a banana instead.
- L-leucine, 2 g: The BCAA which plays a major role in muscle protein synthesis and the main ingredient of MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA. Consume two servings daily and you will be able to increase your five-rep max strength by more than 40 percent, just like MuscleTech’s test subjects.
- L-Isoleucine, 500 mg: This BCAA helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance and boost muscle recovery after a hard workout.
- L-Valine, 500 mg: The third BCAA assists in muscle tissue repair and muscle metabolism. It also helps regulate the immune system.
- Betaine anhydrous, 1.25 g: One of the new unsung heroes in post-workout supplements. If you want to increase muscle mass, strength, and power, this ingredient is more than up to the task. Bear in mind MuscleTech’s test subjects who consumed 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous for six weeks and gained an impressive 3.75 lbs. of lean muscle mass.
- Taurine, 1 g: What creatine? Taurine’s post-workout benefits are similar to the latter – increased muscle mass and improved athletic performance. The advantage of supplementing with taurine is it doesn’t give you the bloated water look some creatine products do.
- Tart cherry concentrate (as Prunus cerasus), 240 mg: Say goodbye to post-workout discomfort and muscle breakdown when you consume tart cherry concentrate, a regular ingredient in most post-workout supplements. Good thing it’s in MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA.
- Coconut water (as Cocos nucifera), 100 mg: Among coconut water’s important post-workout benefits include improved digestion and hydration as well as blood pressure regulation. However, the most important one is its electrolyte content coming from its calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium content. These help replenish your body after a tough training session.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has a simple yet potent formula which can help you achieve your post-workout goals.
This product’s main ingredient is leucine, the muscle-building BCAA. There’s no arguing it’s one of the most efficient in terms of that purpose – many consumers swear by it.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA’s 4:1:1 BCAA ratio with a special emphasis on leucine ensures more efficient protein synthesis for more muscle gains.
Betaine anhydrous is one of the most versatile post-workout ingredients today. You can be sure you will increase your muscle mass, strength, and power when you consume it. We like its inclusion in MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA.
As if these weren’t enough, there’s taurine, creatine’s long-lost twin. The former will help increase your muscle mass and athletic performance without the bloated look some creatine supplements produce.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA’s tart cherry concentrate component will help decrease post-workout soreness and muscle breakdown.
To complete the post-workout equation, coconut water’s electrolyte content will help replenish your body after a tough workout.
“For a truly complete formula, precise doses of electrolytes were added to help replenish electrolyte stores that are depleted during your workout,” per MuscleTech’s official website.
Looks like the manufacturer covered all the post-workout bases. Awesome.
We like the fact MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has only 20 calories per nine-gram serving. It’s also low in carbs, sodium, and potassium.
This makes us wonder if this supplement has any fat content – the manufacturer didn’t disclose it, so we’re assuming it has none.
All in all, MuscleTech displays good transparency – you see how much of each ingredient there is. There are also no proprietary blends and fillers, which is great.
The one thing we don’t like about MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA is the inclusion of FD & C Red No. 40, an artificial food coloring which the National Toxicity Program of the Department of Health and Human Services classified as “a human carcinogen.”
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA Benefits
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Builds muscle mass
- Helps increase strength by 40 percent
- Boosts performance
- Amps up recovery and decreases catabolism
We agree with all of these claims. This product will help you achieve all of these and then some.
Who Takes It?
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to achieve their post-workout goals, build muscle mass, increase strength, improve performance, and decrease catabolism.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has no glaring side effects. However, we’re urging consumers to be wary of its FD&C Red No. 40 content, which, as we earlier noted, is a human carcinogen.
MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild Amino-BCAA Summary
- 4:1:1 BCAA ratio. Equal to two servings of leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
- Four grams of leucine. Two servings of leucine will help you build muscle mass.
- Has betaine anhydrous and taurine. Two potent post-workout ingredients.
- Comprehensive post-workout formula. Tart cherry concentrate and coconut water as the cherry on top.
- Low in carbs and sodium. Manufacturer knows the right amount of sodium for post-workout recovery purposes.
- Good transparency. Each ingredient’s amount is shown.
- No fillers and proprietary blends. Awesome.
- Contains FD&C Red No. 40. Artificial food coloring now known as a human carcinogen. Boo.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 36-Serving Container (18-Day Supply): $20.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA
So, is MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA “The World’s Most Powerful Strength-Enhancing BCAA Formula?”
Yes, to an extent.
First of all, it takes two servings to achieve all of the benefits which the manufacturer claims. We’d buy into it more if it took only one serving.
Still, MuscleTech Pro Series MyoBuild 4X Amino-BCAA has a potent post-workout formula which should help give you some fantastic results.