It’s hard to find a potent and clean post-workout supplement nowadays. The search can be arduous, to say the least.
Maybe, must maybe, MusclePharm Amino1 will put our doubts to rest.
Our first impression: its ingredients are as powerful as they are clean. We’re confident it will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
Gear up for another exciting review, folks.
About MusclePharm Amino1
MusclePharm Amino1 “is a quick-absorbing formula that features proven, scientifically-backed ingredients for supporting lean body mass, superior hydration, and expedient muscle recovery,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Great combination of ingredients. Cellular Energy & ATP Fueler, BCAA 3:1:2, and Recovery Matrix.
- Additional health benefits. Rich source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and magnesium.
- One of the cleanest post-workout supplements. No fillers and proprietary blends.
MusclePharm Amino1 Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size 14.2 g (1 scoop)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Sodium (as Disodium Phosphate)||30 mg||1%|
|Potassium (as Dipotassium Phosphate)||70 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%*|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||300 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||30 mg||1,500%|
|Phosphorus (as Disodium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate)||50 mg||5%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)||210 mg||53%|
|Cellular Energy & ATP Fueler|
|Arginine AKG||3 g||†|
|Amino Hydration System|
|Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Water||200 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Fruit and Vegetable Juice (colors), Acesulfame Potassium|
|Directions For AMINO1: Mix one serving (1 scoop) of Amino 1 in 8-12 fl. oz. of cold water before, during or after training.|
Hydrate, Energize, and Recover
MusclePharm has been one of the most trusted bodybuilding supplement brands in quite some time.
Maybe you haven’t tried the company’s MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey. If you haven’t, you’re missing out. It’s one of the best-tasting protein powders on the planet.
On the other hand, we suggest the ladies try MusclePharm FitMiss Delight, a product which the manufacturer dubs as “The Women’s Complete Protein Shake.”
It would be interesting to see if MusclePharm Amino1 – its post-workout product – can earn our respect.
As you can see, the company’s battle cry for this supplement is “Hydrate, Energize, Recover.”
Sounds just about right for people who want to achieve their post-workout goals consistently.
The company also dubs MusclePharm Amino1 as “the ultimate daily performance supplement” which is geared toward the three aforementioned goals.
The star of MusclePharm Amino1 is its arginine alpha-keto glutarate (AAKG) component, folks.
This ingredient “helps to produce nitric oxide (N.O.) and widen the blood vessels to increase blood flow and nutrient delivery to the muscles,” per MusclePharm’s official website.
When you consume AAKG, it helps increase your muscle pumps and vascularity. The manufacturer is also correct in saying AAKG’s ability to produce nitric oxide helps deliver blood and nutrients to your muscles.
Think of it this way: what’s the use of feeding your muscles after a hard workout if your system can’t absorb the nutrients efficiently?
That’s where AAKG comes in.
On the other hand, many post-workout supplement manufacturers focus on the branch-chained amino acid leucine in terms of muscle protein synthesis, but AAKG also has an active role in that process.
Here are the other benefits of AAKG:
- Increases muscle size
- Increases muscular strength
- Helps boost energy and endurance
Plus, some studies suggest l-arginine helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels. Awesome.
Another key ingredient of MusclePharm Amino1 is taurine, which it dubs as the “electrolyte regulator,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
The main benefit of taurine is it ensures “a proper balance of these electrolytes is delivered to the muscles,” the website goes on to say.
Just so you know, electrolytes are responsible for forming ions in body fluids. When you do intense training, your electrolyte level goes down. If you don’t have enough in your body, you will cramp up. Not good.
MusclePharm Amino1’s taurine component helps prevent that from happening.
Another important selling point of MusclePharm Amino1 is its BCAA 3:1:2 complex, which is broken down into three grams of leucine, one gram of isoleucine, and two grams of valine per serving.
The manufacturer – just like most competitors – puts a premium on leucine for its muscle-building prowess.
it does that by stimulating insulin release to kickstart the anabolic process. Now, we rarely come across a company which puts valine above isoleucine on the recovery ladder.
MusclePharm dares to be different.
Valine is the branch-chained amino acid (BCAA) which helps repair muscle tissue and increase exercise endurance.
On the other hand, isoleucine is the BCAA which is key in the post-workout muscle recovery process.
The main consideration here is exercise endurance – the reason why the manufacturer put in a bit more valine than isoleucine is it wants to help prepare you for your next rigorous workout.
The final part of MusclePharm Amino1’s potent formula is its Recovery Matrix, composed of one gram of l-glutamine, one gram of l-alanine, and one gram of l-glycine per serving.
Glutamine is the body’s most abundant amino acid. It plays a key role in muscle preservation. Just like arginine, it also helps increase human growth hormone levels for more muscle mass.
Think about it, folks: a double dose of HGH boosters in one post-workout supplement. If that doesn’t make your jaw drop, nothing will.
The manufacturer also emphasizes glutamine “serves as an excellent component to BCAAs” because it reaches muscle tissues at the peak of their growth. Excellent.
The last two components of MusclePharm Amino1’s Recovery Matrix are l-alanine and l-glycine. The former is “beneficial for utilizing blood sugar as energy,” per the company’s website.
On the other hand, the latter “fights muscle degradation by boosting the body’s natural supply of creatine, as well as help deliver glucose to the muscle,” according to the same source.
In other words, both amino acids are great at utilizing the body’s natural resources to help boost your recovery. We think they’re both great additions to any post-workout supplement.
MusclePharm Amino1 has no creatine content, but the fact its glycine component helps boost your body’s natural creatine supply – which helps increase muscle mass and athletic performance – is just flat out awesome, folks.
Finally, this product is one of the few on the market which has coconut water extract, which helps boost electrolyte levels (just like taurine).
Key takeaway: cramping and dehydration do not stand a chance against MusclePharm Amino1.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 5: You’re not hallucinating, folks. MusclePharm Amino1 has just a miniscule five calories per serving, topping the likes of Carbon Recover (10 calories per scoop). You won’t only recover with this product, you’ll also grow lean muscle mass. Believe it.
- Sodium, 30 mg: Far too many supplement manufacturers saturate their post-workout supplements with sodium to prevent muscle cramping. Too much of it may compromise cardiovascular health. MusclePharm Amino1 – with just one percent of the daily value for sodium – doesn’t.
- Potassium, 75 mg: This product is not a significant source of potassium at just two percent of the daily value. However, you don’t need too much of it in this case because the sodium level is low (potassium helps neutralize sodium levels).
- Total carbohydrate, 0 g: You won’t find any carbs and sugar whatsoever in MusclePharm Amino1. If you’re craving for post-workout carbs, purchase a separate dextrose or waxy maize supplement instead.
- Vitamin C, 300 mg: Wow. We’re confident you’ll never need to purchase ascorbic acid supplements when you make MusclePharm Amino1 a staple in your supplement stack – it has a whopping 500 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C. No post-workout supplement we’ve reviewed comes close.
- Vitamin B6, 30 mg: You get another incredible bonus when you consume MusclePharm Amino1, folks: an amazing Vitamin B6 boost. Thirty grams per serving may not seem much at first glance, but know it represents an amazing 1,500 percent of the daily value for this nutrient. Among Vitamin B6’s post-workout benefits are proper nervous system function and improved metabolism. Score one for the MusclePharm team.
- Phosphorus, 50 mg: This product is a decent – but not great – source of phosphorus at five percent of the daily value. It will help you minimize muscle weakness and fatigue, albeit not as much as the other ingredients.
- Magnesium, 210 mg: MusclePharm Amino1 is an excellent source of magnesium at 53 percent of the daily value. Post-workout-wise, this mineral will help prevent cramps and increase energy.
- Arginine AKG, 3 g: The main ingredient of MusclePharm Amino1. It helps produce nitric oxide for vasodilation and shuttling of nutrients to the muscles. Most post-workouts emphasize either creatine or leucine, but MusclePharm Amino1 dares to be different.
- Taurine, 1 g: The so-called “electrolyte regulator,” taurine ensures you have a positive electrolyte balance to prevent muscle cramping.
- L-leucine, 1.5 g: The branched-chained amino acid (BCAA) which plays a major role in the muscle protein synthesis process.
- L-valine, 1 g: The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue and increase muscular endurance.
- L-isoleucine, 500 mg: The BCAA which is a key player in the muscle recovery process.
- L-glutamine, 1 g: The most abundant amino acid in the body which helps preserve muscle mass and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
- L-alanine, 1 g: Helps utilize blood sugar to increase energy levels.
- L-glycine, 1 g: Amino acid which helps utilize the body’s natural creatine supply. Great addition to any post-workout supplement.
MusclePharm Amino1 may not have protein and creatine, but it’s shaping up to be one of the best post-workout supplements we’ve ever reviewed.
We’ve never seen a post-workout product which places a premium on arginine AKG (AAKG) as much as MusclePharm Amino 1 does. Hey, the crucial post-workout anabolic window is all about your muscles getting the right nutrients.
AAKG will do that for you. You will enjoy bigger muscles and better pumps, folks.
We like this product’s potent combination of taurine and coconut water extract to help replenish your electrolyte stores after a hard workout. What cramping? You will recover faster and be better prepared for the next workout.
Most post-workout supplements have BCAAs. What makes MusclePharm Amino1 unique is it has more valine than usual due to its muscle repair and muscular endurance prowesses.
Like we said, MusclePharm Amino1 will help you prepare for your next workout.
This product’s Recovery Matrix is also just as impressive.
Any potent post-workout product must have glutamine because of its muscle-preserving abilities. Plus, it increases HGH levels just like arginine. The fact MusclePharm Amino1 has both bodes well for your muscles.
We also pointed out this product’s l-alanine and l-glycine components are superb in utilizing your body’s natural resources to maximize recovery. We can’t think of another post-workout product which has the same claims.
On the other hand, MusclePharm Amino1 has a lot of other positives: it is low in calories (a measly five per serving!), low in sodium, rich in magnesium, and rich in vitamins (Vitamins B6 and C, to be precise).
On the manufacturer front, it does a great job in disclosing each of the ingredients. There are no proporietary blends and dirty ingredients whatsoever.
MusclePharm Amino1 is one of the cleanest post-workout supplements on the market, folks.
Just about the only negative is its taste: consumers have given it mixed reviews.
Hey, you can always mix MusclePharm Amino1 with your favorite juice or protein shake to improve the taste experience to your liking.
MusclePharm Amino1 Benefits
MusclePharm Amino1 has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Fantastic delivery of nutrients
- Offsets muscle wasting and degradation
- Boosts hydration, performance, and recovery
- Ensures proper electrolyte balance
- Clean ingredients
We agree with all of these claims. MusclePharm Amino1 lives up to the hype and then some.
Who Takes It?
According to the manufacturer’s official website, MusclePharm Amino1 is “specifically formulated for athletes of all types.”
We believe it’s also intended for active individuals who want to boost recovery, improve results, and achieve their regular fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report MusclePharm Amino1 has no glaring side effects.
However, those who are allergic to milk, egg, soybeans, shellfish, fish, tree nuts, wheat, and peanuts should steer clear of this product as the manufacturer processed this product in an environment with these ingredients.
MusclePharm also issues a warning:
MusclePharm Amino1 Summary
- Great combination of ingredients. Cellular Energy & ATP Fueler, BCAA 3:1:2, and Recovery Matrix.
- Three grams of AAKG per serving. Helps increase vasodilation and deliver nutrients to muscles.
- Recovery Matrix. Alanine and glycine components help utilize body’s natural resources for recovery.
- Low in calories. Just five per serving.
- Additional health benefits. Great source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and magnesium.
- Clean ingredients. No dirty ingredients and proprietary blends.
- Taste. Has gotten mixed reviews from customers.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Serving Container (30-Day Supply): $29.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MusclePharm Amino1
MusclePharm Amino1 lives up to the hype, folks.
It’s one of the most potent and cleanest post-workout supplements out there. It has everything going for it. Trust us.
Ironically, the taste isn’t as great as its protein powder counterparts, MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey and MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder.
Nonetheless, MusclePharm Amino1 should be a staple in your supplement stack. Watch your results soar with the “Ultimate Daily Performance Supplement.”