Many supplement manufacturers claim they can recharge your body after a hard training session.
Too many questionable ingredients, false promises, and proprietary blends saturate the industry. Too many sub-par brands. It’s sad.
Legion RECHARGE could change all that.
We’ll say this, folks: it’s one of the simplest post-workout supplements we’ve sized up in quite some time.
Another exciting review awaits you.
About Legion RECHARGE
“RECHARGE contains three ingredients scientifically proven to accelerate muscle growth, improve recovery, and reduce soreness. If you use RECHARGE, you will build muscle and recover faster,” per Legion Athletics’ official website. Formula notes:
- Good ingredient combo. Creatine monohydrate, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and corosolic acid.
- Five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Helps increase muscle mass and athletic performance.
- Naturally sweetened. One of the few post-workout supplements which are sweetened with stevia.
Legion RECHARGE Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 513 grams 1)
|Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (8.55 g)|
Servings Per Container: 60
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Creatine Monohydrate||5 g||**|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate||2.1 g||**|
|Corosolic Acid (from Banaba Leaf Extract)||10.5 mg||**|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana) Leaf Extract, Tapioca Starch, Red Beet (Beta vulgaris) Juice Powder (for color), Silicon Dioxide|
|Directions: Take 1 scoop daily with your post-workout meal. On non-training days, take with your largest meal of the day. For optimal results, take every day.|
Grueling Workouts Call for Legion RECHARGE
Have you ever had one of those days when you felt tired after a hard workout even if you ate right, slept enough, and drank a cup of joe or took a pre-workout supplement?
We know, we’ve been there. It sucks.
Perhaps you’ve been taking an incompetent post-workout supplement. We searched long and hard.
We found a product which could exceed expectations, judging by the name.
Enter Legion RECHARGE.
The name is simple, yet striking. Right off the bat, you know it’s a post-workout supplement without looking at the directions.
Unlike some post-workout products with protein, the folks behind Legion RECHARGE believe they can amp up your muscle-building and recovery efforts with five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving as the main ingredient.
“When we set out to create RECHARGE, we started with the tried and – true base of creatine – one of the most researched and scientifically-validated dietary supplements in the world of sports nutrition,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Legion Athletics enumerates the benefits of creatine, per the same source:
- Helps increase muscle mass and strength
- Boosts anaerobic endurance
- Minimizes muscle damage and soreness
- Helps increase muscle glycogen capacity
The manufacturer also dispels the notion creatine is bad for the kidneys of healthy individuals.
“These claims have been categorically and repeatedly disproven,” its official website says.
Because researchers have time and again proven creatine is safe, the manufacturer believes “that everyone engaging in regular resistance training or high-intensity cardiovascular exercises should supplement with it.”
Again, we’re emphasizing healthy and active individuals. Three to five grams of creatine daily will suffice.
Five grams per serving is the optimal for a post-workout supplement. Check out the likes of Jacked Factory POWERBUILD, which has a decent three grams of creatine per scoop.
The company also cautions those with kidney issues not to take creatine. Good job on its part. Just to be sure, consult your physician if this concerns you.
Legion RECHARGE also has another post-workout superstar in l-carnitine l-tartrate.
Each serving has 2.1 grams. l-carnitine – a compound known for its fat-burning prowess – helps generate cellular energy. On the other hand, l-tartrate is a salt which helps boost nutrient absorption, per Legion Athletics.
Put the two together, and you get an ingredient which helps repair muscles and minimize muscle soreness – two benefits you want in your post-workout supplement.
The next ingredient of Legion RECHARGE is 10.8 milligrams of corosolic acid per serving, a rarity among the post-workout products we’ve come across.
According to the manufacturer’s website, corosolic acid is a by-product of the banaba plant.
It helps “improve blood glucose control and enhances the signaling of insulin, thus magnifying the effects of post-workout carbohydrate consumption,” per the same source.
Most people normally associate the hormone insulin with healthy blood sugar (glucose) levels. It’s not just that. It’s also anabolic.
You read that right, folks.
It’s anabolic in the sense it helps open up the receptor in muscle fibers. Once this happens, various nutrients such as amino acids and creatine seep into the muscles. You should know what happens next.
Growth, growth, and more growth.
Who would have thought a banaba by-product could trigger muscle growth? Legion Athletics is one of the few bodybuilding supplement manufacturers which was bold enough to pull of such a stunt.
Well done, guys.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calcium, 26 mg: Legion RECHARGE is not a significant source of calcium at just three percent of the daily value. If you want more calcium, try taking a grass-fed whey protein supplement after training which you can pair up with this post-workout product.
- Creatine monohydrate, 5 g: This is the recommended maximum daily amount for creatine. Having said that, the one scoop after intense exercise should suffice. Watch your muscles grow and your athletic performance improve.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 2.1 g: Hey, if you don’t have time to see a therapist for a post-workout massage, consuming l-carnitine l-tartrate should help ease any post-workout discomfort you feel. As the manufacturer said, this ingredient – which is a staple among many post-workout supplements – helps repair muscles and minimize soreness. Awesome.
- Corosolic acid (from Banaba Leaf Extract), 10.8 mg: We never imagined banaba leaf extract can be a precursor of muscle growth. Well, it is. It helps create a much-needed post-workout insulin spike which makes your muscles more receptive to key nutrients. Long story short, folks: corosolic acid helps you maximize the post-workout anabolic window. It could be the new unsung hero among post-workout ingredients.
Legion RECHARGE is one of the simplest post-workout supplements on the market. Its simplicity is its main selling point.
Its main ingredient is five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
That much should help you increase muscle mass and strength, improve anaerobic endurance, and increase muscle glycogen capacity.
We believe creatine is one of the safest and most effective supplements. However, follow the manufacturer’s advice and steer clear of it if you have any kidney issues.
Another ingredient of Legion RECHARGE is l-carnitine l-tartrate, a staple in most post-workout ingredients.
This product has 2.1 grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving. We feel that is enough to help repair muscles and decrease soreness.
The unsung hero of Legion RECHARGE is its corosolic acid component, which is a by-product of banaba leaf extract.
Like we said, it helps create a post-workout insulin spike which makes your muscles more receptive to key nutrients. You will achieve more results when this happens. Trust us.
Legion RECHARGE’s ingredients aren’t only simple, they’re also clean. You get the impression there are no fillers because there aren’t too many unfamiliar ingredients.
Plus, there are no proprietary blends. Beautiful.
We also like Legion RECHARGE’s stevia and erythritol components. The manufacturer lists several benefits of the former:
- Increases insulin sensitivity
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- Helps ward off free radicals
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Helps maintain good kidney health
- Decreases bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
We’ve always encouraged manufacturers to use stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. You’ve seen the benefits for yourself. Well done, Legion Athletics.
As for erythritol, it’s a zero-calorie sugar alcohol which is found naturally in pears, cantaloupes, and grapes.
The Calorie Control Council says erythritol helps improve digestion. Hey, it should work well in tandem with Legion RECHARGE’s corosolic acid component.
The one issue is transparency. The manufacturer didn’t list key nutrients such as sodium and potassium – two key post-workout ingredients.
Of course, we get the impression Legion RECHARGE doesn’t have both ingredients. If it does, and the manufacturer didn’t disclose them, then we hope it weighs heavily on its conscience.
Legion RECHARGE Benefits
Legion RECHARGE has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps maximize your training
- Superior ingredients administered “at clinically-effective dosages”
- No MSG and artificial sweeteners
We agree with the manufacturer’s claims. Legion RECHARGE’s simple, potent, and effective ingredients will help you achieve your post-workout goals. Believe it, folks.
Who Takes It?
Legion RECHARGE is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to increase muscle mass, boost recovery, and achieve their overall fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Legion RECHARGE has no glaring side effects. However, individuals who are allergic to milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans should steer clear of this product. The manufacturer processed Legion RECHARGE in an environment containing the aforementioned ingredients.
Legion RECHARGE Summary
- Good and simple ingredient combination. Creatine monohydrate, l-carnitine l-tartrate, and corosolic acid.
- Five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Helps build muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
- 2.1 grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving. Helps boost post-workout recovery.
- 10.5 grams of corosolic acid per serving. Helps create insulin spike for better nutrient absorption.
- Naturally sweetened. One of the few artificial sweeteners which have stevia and erythritol.
- No fillers and proprietary blends. Awesome.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it high grades on its official website.
- Lack of transparency. Some key ingredients such as sodium not indicated.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 513-gram container (30-Day Supply): $34.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Legion RECHARGE
We believe Legion RECHARGE will live up to its promise of you getting the most out of your training.
Try five grams of creatine monohydrate to begin with.
Throw in l-carnitine l-tartrate and corosolic acid to complete the equation, and you should be fully recovered and be fresh for your next training session.
If you spot a post-workout with simple and effective ingredients and a competitive price, grab it.
Grab Legion RECHARGE, folks. It’s worth it.
- 13 lbs. ↩