We are about to size up an underrated post-workout supplement. A diamond in the rough, if you will.
Enter Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout.
If the name doesn’t ring a bell, we don’t blame you. It’s not a big-name supplement, unlike those from the laboratories of say, MuscleTech or MusclePharm.
However, don’t be surprised if Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout can annihilate the competition.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout is “The Most Revolutionary Post-Workout Ever Developed,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combo. Has leucine, creatine monohydrate, betaine anhydrous, and potassium citrate.
- Five grams of leucine per serving. Helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
- Has potassium citrate. Results in vasodilation for more muscle pumps and lower blood pressure.
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout Supplement Facts (20 Servings)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%*|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||100 mg||25%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Citrate)||500 mg||14%|
|Creatine Monohydrate||5 g||**|
|Beta Anhydrous (Beta Power®)||2.5 g||**|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame Potassium, Organic Beet Root Powder (color), Sucralose.|
|Directions: Mix one level scoop of AML POSTWORKOUT in 12 ounces of water. Take within 30 minutes after workout. DO NOT EXCEED 1 SERVING DAILY!|
The Most Revolutionary Post-Workout Ever Developed
Okay, here we go again.
From a consumer’s perspective, we have heard it over and over from many bodybuilding supplement manufacturers: our product is the best.
They claim their post-workout has the most revolutionary and advanced formula. Try it, get results, and be a customer for life. Easy.
Now, make way for Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout.
The manufacturer claims it’s “The Most Revolutionary Post-Workout Ever Developed.”
Consumers will either say, “It’s the usual B.S.” or “Hey, I gotta try that.” We’re hoping it’s the latter.
Our first impression of the formula: potent and simple.
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout utilizes just four key post-workout ingredients: leucine, creatine monohydrate, betaine anhydrous, and potassium citrate.
“Consumption of leucine, combined with the synergistic muscle-building compounds creatine and betaine, will provide a robust biochemical milieu wihin the muscle cell – driving exceptional growth and strength,” per the company’s official website.
We agree with the manufacturer. Leucine, creatine monohydrate, and betaine anhydrous are some of the most common post-workout ingredients customers love.
Why? They give you results time and again. It’s that simple.
As a matter of fact, Advanced Molecular Labs says these three ingredients enhance “muscle growth and function.”
We agree with it 100 percent.
The company also recognizes the importance of the post-workout anabolic window. After a hard training session, your body will make the transition to a catabolic state “that breaks down specific muscle tissue components, such as glycogen and protein, to supply the energy required for muscular function during exercise,” per Advanced Molecular Labs’ website.
You need to replenish with complex carbs and lean protein during this crucial window of opportunity to build muscle mass and improve recovery.
Speaking of packing on some lean muscle mass, we’re not surprised one bit leucine is one of the main ingredients of Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout.
We said it before and will say it again: leucine is the king of the branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) because of its ability to kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process.
Leucine also helps stop minimize muscle protein breakdown. It helps trigger muscle growth by activating the mTOR molecule.
Plus, “leucine consumption has been shown in several studies to be most potent after resistance training,” per the company’s website.
Hence, Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout has an impressive five grams of leucine per serving.
That much ought to help nourish, feed, and grow your muscles. Believe it.
Next up is five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout puts as much emphasis on creatine as leucine – two ingredients known for their potent effect on muscle growth. It’s an unbeatable one-two punch, folks.
We’ve seen many post-workout supplements. Five grams of creatine per serving tops other big-name post-workout products such as Kris Gethin’s KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED (1.5 grams of creatine hydrochloride per serving).
Having said that, we believe Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout can give you impressive muscle growth. It can also help improve your athletic performance.
The manufacturer’s official website backs this up. It says, “creatine supplementation may increase power output during intense exercise, while also stimulating muscle hypertrophy.”
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout’s third key ingredient is 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous per serving.
We like this ingredient – a compound derived from sugar beets – because of its versatility. Check out some of its post-workout benefits:
- Increased power and anaerobic work capacity
- More energy
- Helps in the cellular hydration process
Betaine anhydrous also helps boost the hydration process, offsetting the effects of dehydration (increased heart rate and lactate levels, for instance), per Advanced Molecular Labs’ official website.
Betaine also helps grow muscle “by causing the muscle fiber to swell,” per the same source. The manufacturer also says muscle swelling helps start protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown.
The result: impressive muscle growth. What more could you ask for?
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout also has 500 grams of potassium citrate per serving.
The manufacturer says this ingredient “has also been shown to improve exercise performance by buffering lactic acid buildup in the muscle, further upgrading performance,” per its official website.
Another reason the company included potassium citrate is its vasodilation prowess. More vasodilation means lower blood pressure and fewer cardiovascular issues. Fantastic.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 10: Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout is a low-calorie supplement at just 10 per serving.
- Calories from fats, 10: It’s pretty obvious all of this supplement’s calories are from fats, which is derived from its natural and artificial flavor content.
- Total fat, 1 g: Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout is a low-fat supplement at just two percent of the daily value. It won’t compromise good cardiovascular health unlike some second-rate bodybuilding supplements.
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), 100 mg: Among magnesium’s important post-workout benefits are increase in energy, improved digestion, muscle discomfort relief, and better cardiovascular health. We’re glad it’s also in Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout.
- Potassium (as potassium citrate), 500 mg: If you’re into supplements, you should know by now potassium helps regulate sodium levels in the body and boost heart health. The manufacturer also points out potassium citrate helps amp up exercise performance. However, too much of it may be detrimental to heart health. Check out its daily value – 14 percent (anything more than 15 percent is considered high). If this concerns you, talk to your doctor before purchasing.
- L-leucine, 5 grams: Like we said, Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout puts a heavy emphasis on leucine, the king of BCAAs (speaking of which, we’re wondering why this product doesn’t disclose its isoleucine and valine contents). Expect more muscle growth in conjunction with training, good nutrition, and sufficient rest when you take this supplement.
- Creatine monohydrate, 5 g: The manufacturer also emphasizes creatine monohydrate, the most efficient and cheapest form of creatine on the market. Unlike some companies which bombard their products with numerous forms of creatine, Advanced Molecular Labs keeps things simple. We like that. Consumers like that, too.
- Betaine anhydrous, 2.5 g: Power, energy, increased anaerobic capacity, hydration, and muscle mass – what can’t this versatile post-workout ingredient do? It’s a Jack of All Trades, if you ask us. Expect better post-workout results, folks. Believe it.
Right from the get-go, Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout caught our eye with its simplicity. We’re sure consumers feel the same way.
This product cuts to the chase. It includes the essential post-workout ingredients without resorting to any fancy and risky additives.
You get leucine, creatine monohydrate, betaine anhydrous, and potassium citrate in one package. Fantastic.
Hey, the ingredients are top-notch. Five grams of creatine monohydrate and five grams of leucine per serving ought to feed and nourish your muscles.
Even if you don’t take a separate whey protein supplement, you will gain muscle mass. Just make sure to train regularly, eat right, and get enough rest for best results.
Supplementing with betaine anhydrous guarantees you cover all of the post-workout bases – hydration, muscle growth, power, and anaerobic capacity, just to name a few.
When you conquer those areas, you’ll be primed and ready for your next training session. After all, isn’t that what a good post-workout supplement does?
The inclusion of potassium citrate is icing on the cake, folks. We like the fact it helps increase vasodilation, like the manufacturer said.
First, this helps lower blood pressure. Second, you’ll get more awesome muscle pumps after a grueling workout. What’s not to like here?
While the manufacturer does a tremendous job in disclosing the amount of each ingredient, we can’t help wonder why it didn’t include the other BCAAs (isoleucine and valine).
Post-workout supplements which include BCAAs normally have all three kinds. Isoleucine and valine play key roles in repairing muscle tissue.
It’s a bit awkward they’re not in Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout. However, it’s nothing major.
We didn’t stumble upon any fillers, dirty ingredients, and proprietary blends in this product. Awesome. For that, we salute the manufacturer.
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout Benefits
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps stimulate post-workout muscle growth
- Helps increase muscle energy and strength
- Enhances creatine function for more strength gains
- Replaces lost electrolytes during intense exercise
There’s no disputing the fact Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout can help you achieve all of these, and then some. Get yours today, folks.
Who Takes It?
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and want to increase muscle mass, reduce recovery time, boost strength, increase energy, and achieve their overall fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout has no glaring side effects. However, this product has a somewhat high potassium content (14 percent of the daily value), which may be detrimental to cardiovascular health, if taken in excess. Talk to your physician if this concerns you.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout Summary
- Great ingredient combination. Leucine, creatine monohydrate, betaine anhydrous, and potassium citrate.
- Five grams of leucine per serving. King of BCAAs which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
- Five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Helps increase muscle mass and improve performance.
- Has betaine anhydrous. Versatile post-workout ingredient.
- Potassium citrate content. Results in vasodilation for more awesome pumps.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers and proprietary blends. Awesome.
- Good reputation. Consumers have given it high marks online.
- No isoleucine and valine. No hint they’re included in the product.
- Somehwat high potassium content. May be detrimental to cardiovascular health. Talk to your doctor first.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (20-Day Supply): $42.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout
When the manufacturer said Advanced Molecular Labs is “The Most Revolutionary Post-Workout Ever Developed,” it sure wasn’t kidding.
There’s nothing fancy in this product. In fact, it’s downright simple and effective. Many customers swear by it. So do we, folks.
We highly recommend Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout. We expect you to achieve all of your post-workout goals with no doubts whatsoever.
It may be underrated, but it easily rolls over the competition.