Brain chemicals power mental performance.
That’s why CILTEP is generating a buzz.
This neurotransmitter-targeted nootropic stack made a big splash with new terms, novel herbals and a breakthrough strategy for enhancing cell-to-cell communication in the brain.
CILTEP is no typical nootropic. And by addressing brainpower from an innovative new angle, the CILTEP formula may unleash peak mental performance across social, strategic and motivational thinking. Let’s check it out.
CILTEP is a 5-ingredient nootropic complex made by a company called Natural Stacks. CILTEP’s formula is built around an herbal core of Artichoke and Coleus Forskohlii, with brain cell-signaling benefits that are claimed to:
- Boost learning, studying and memory via Long-Term Potentiation (LTP): A novel nootropic pathway that we’ll explain in the formula notes.
- Help motivation, mood & sociability. CILTEP gets these results with bio-activities that boost the brain chemicals acetylcholine and dopamine.
- Work a long time. CILTEP’s effects may last 8-14 hours, described as “mental endurance” and “maximum motivation for hours.”
CILTEP® Supplement Facts
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxal-5-phospate)||5 mg|
|Artichoke Extract (Cynara scolymus ) (leaf) (5% total caffeoylquinic acids)||300 mg|
|Coleus forskohlii (root) extract (standardized for 20% forskolin – 4mg)||900 mg|
CILTEP’s unique formula is designed to promote Long-Term Potentiation (LTP).
A type of sustained brain cell-signaling activity, LTP is associated with cognitive enhancements across memory, learning, knowledge retention and more.
CILTEP unlocks LTP with the combined effects of its two core nootropics:
- Coleus forskohlii (Forskolin). The only nootropic that boosts cAMP, a brain cell-to-cell signalling compound known as a secondary messenger.
- Artichoke extract. Supplies luteolin, thought to be the safest and most effective neutralizer of PDE4, an enzyme that blocks cAMP.
Coleus+Artichoke synergistically boost cAMP–activating the LTP that accelerates production of acetylcholine and dopamine neurotransmitters for memory, motivation and mental performance.
↑ cAMP + ↓ PDE4 = LTP → Learning, Memory, Knowledge Retention
The other formula compounds are designed to complement Artichoke+Coleus and their LTP benefits:
- L-Phenylalanine+Acetyl-L-Carnitine: Raw materials for dopamine & acetylcholine, to keep up with the increased synthesis demands of LTP.
- Vitamin B6 as P-5-P: The active form of B6, P-5-P helps create, convert and release brain chemicals for mood & mental performance.
The Artichoke and Coleus are standardized extracts that work together–amplifying cAMP brain signalling to increase brain chemicals.
CILTEP’s other compounds then boost Artichoke+Coleus’s activity with brain chemical precursors and optimizers. As a whole, the formula targets and leverages brain signaling to maximum effect–to unlock peak cognitive performance.
Evidence for artichoke and coleus is early, making it hard to assess CILTEP’s dosages. But they are going for purity and potency with these ingredients, giving the impression the formula is made to work.
The same is true of their Vitamin B6 as P-5-P; nice to see CILTEP opting for the premium form that is far more effective than plain B6.
The Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is the right form for brain benefits, but their 750 mg dosage is on the low end for this nutrient, so expect minimal at best. Really that’s the only potential formula flaw we could find.
Overall, CILTEP is a clean, efficient, and highly targeted nootropic formula. It doesn’t waste space or do anything half-assed. It just focuses on brain chemicals and LTP — addressing cognitive factors in an innovative and effective way.
CILTEP’s tagline touts three main benefits: “Motivation. Concentration. Memory.™” Additional benefits claimed include alertness, focus, mood, and social ability. It seems to help students by enhancing studying and improving knowledge retention. And, critical to the whole formula’s success, CILTEP is claimed to sustain all these nootropic benefits for a long time.
Oh yeah. CILTEP works. Its “secondary messenger” cell-signaling strategy could send acetylcholine and dopamine soaring–enhancing mood, memory, focus, learning, and other aspects of cognition. CILTEP’s sociability claim is harder to believe, but if you’ve got “happy” brain chemicals flowing, you might be more social.
Who takes it?
CEOs, students, creatives and scientists. Natural Stacks also has a long list of brand ambassadors–called “Natural Stacks Champions”–who list CILTEP as a favorite product. These ambassadors include Pro & Olympic athletes, stuntmen, trainers, a world-class poker player, a Jiu-Jitsu champion… you get the idea. CILTEP seems well-appreciated by adrenaline junkies who enjoy competing and excelling–both physically and mentally– in personal and professional arenas.
Any side effects?
Probably not. CILTEP has only five ingredients, none of which are stimulants. It also seems to use premium-quality ingredients, which may be better tolerated.
- Unique strategy. CILTEP’s approach is different — and possibly better — than other formulas.
- Formula synergy. CILTEP boosts cAMP 2X ways → cAMP accelerates brain chemical production → CILTEP supplies raw materials to make brain chemicals. Brilliant.
- Superior quality. Standardized herbs, active P-5-P form of B6.
- Clean label. No synthetic fillers, no artificial colors. Premium vegan capsules.
- Credible. CILTEP makes responsible claims & has a strong, professional brand.
- Narrow scope of nootropic activity. CILTEP is intelligently formulated to boost brain chemicals in a unique way. BUT, other formulas can increase brain chemicals and enhance mental performance across many additional brain pathways.
Final Word on CILTEP
We question CILTEP’s 8-14 hour duration; But even if it worked for half that time, you’d still have a great brain-booster. For those seeking a nootropic formula for just brain chemicals, CILTEP might be good… but keep in mind that a lot of its bio-activities are theoretical in nature. For a more research-backed formula, check out our best-ranked nootropic supplement.