Beer, gin, vodka, we like our beverages as strong as we are so don’t curse us if we laugh at the idea of drinking tea, much more using an actual teacup. Come on, bros + tea cups = sissy girly shit.
But here’s a secret: We actually LOVE tea. We’re talking about tea in its concentrated and pulverized form! It’s all about fat burning benefits and the folks at Irwin Naturals wants to sell us not one, not two, but three types of fat burning teas in a supplement called “Triple-Tea Fat Burner.”
Just like a movie trailer, the idea seems awesome but will there be substance? Let’s go and see for ourselves.
About Triple-Tea Fat Burner
Triple-Tea Fat Burner claims to be a potent fat burner and antioxidant by surrounding itself with three kinds of teas. It’s also in liquid soft-gel form so that makes it easier to absorb. Formula notes:
- Fish Oil First: It highlights tea as the main ingredient but it starts with a not so conventional fat burner.
- Simple formula: Nothing too fancy or complicated. Just 7 key ingredients.
- 1 Gel Serving: Will this one serving be hot enough? We don’t think so.
Triple-Tea Fat Burner Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Liquid Soft-Gel
Servings Per Container: 75
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||70 mg (117% DV)|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate)||7.5 IU (25 % DV)|
|Niacin (as Niacinamide)||10 mg (50% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||1 mg (50% DV)|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg (50% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||3 mcg (50$ DV)|
|Fish Oil (30% Omega-3 Fatty Acids||478 mg|
|Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG) (leaf)||100 mg|
|White Tea Extract (50% EGCG) (leaf)||100 mg|
|Orange Pekoe (Black) Tea Extract (50% EGCG) (leaf)||100 mg|
|Citrus (Citrus spp.) Bioflavonoids (10% bioflavonoids) (fruit)||1.5 mg|
BioPerine® Black Pepper extract (95% piperine) (fruit), Ginger extract (5% gingerols) (root)
Gelatin, purified water, glycerin, beeswax, soy lecithin, silicon dioxide, sodium copper chlorophyllin, and titanium dioxide.
|Directions for use: (Adult) Take one (1) Liquid Soft-Gel with meals with a full glass of water two to three times a day. If caffeine keeps you up at night, do not take this product in the evening since it contains caffeine.|
Triple Tea Fat Burner is an interesting concept, but we think would be more effective to triple the dosage of one tea.
We laud supplements that include Green Tea Extract in their ingredients list and Triple-Tea Fat Burner had our hopes up until we saw the dosages. Like bro, they put three kinds of tea but they reduce the dosage three times! They playin’ with us or something? Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- B-Vitamins: Nothing fancy. Basic B-vitamins to help energy production in the body. They didn’t hit all the marks, though.
- Fish Oil. Standardized to 30% Omega-3 fatty acids, Fish oil supplementation is known to increase lean mass and decrease fat mass while also boosting green tea bioavailability so being the first on the list makes sense. It’s just too bad the dosage is way, way off as most studies use at least 4 g per day.
- Tea Extracts: All three types are standardized to 50% EGCG which is ultimately the most potent any tea extract can get. Too bad the dosages put a damper the tea party otherwise these three would’ve been a pretty good stack.
- Caffeine. We like caffeine for lots of reasons. That dosage though. Come on, 80 mg?! Even my mum can brew a stronger cup!
- Citrus. Standardized for 10% bioflavonoids and is studied to help reduce fat storage as well as reduce blood sugar while also functioning as an antioxidant. Dosages of Citrus bioflavonoids vary but 1.5 mg is definitely too small.
- BioPerine Complex. BioPerine is a patented brand of black pepper extract which greatly helps nutrient absorption. It also contains gingerols (another absorption booster) but we see it as a bit redundant since BioPerine alone is more than enough for that function.
As for the dosage, we want to see at least 10-15 mg of the stuff but considering the small dosages of the overall formula, we think 6 mg is good enough.
Triple-Tea Fat Burner holds up as a good antioxidant and general health supplement but it seems a little light on the potency. They compensate, however, by using some really good ingredient forms. BioPerine is a smart formula trick too, because it will boost absorption of the whole formula, making it more potent than it looks. But even with something as premium as BioPerine, an underdosed formula is only partially functional.
Since it has 75 servings, the quick solution is to double the dosages. Doubling the dosages for each ingredient (including all teas) would make it play well against other fat burners in the industry, while still falling short of the ranks of the GREATEST fat burners out there.
Triple-Tea Fat Burner Benefits
This supplement functions best as a general antioxidant with a bit of energy boosting properties. Tea and Fish Oil are well reviewed ingredients known for plenty of other health benefits aside from fat burning. It’s weak unless you take us up on our recommendation and double the serving yourself.
Who Takes It?
It seems to target weight loss enthusiasts but we think their market is more on antioxidant/tea addicts since it looks like some all-green natural supplement (which it probably is) than a lean, mean fat burning machine. Irwin has also got a pretty loyal following, so enthusiasts of the brand probably use this as their go-to weight loss formula.
Any Side Effects?
Everything is too mild to have any side effects unless you’re allergic to fish or soy since Triple-Tea Fat Burner has them. As for the caffeine, it’s not as strong as most doses but if you’re highly sensitive then you might experience palpitations and jitters though we think it wouldn’t last long.
A few users warn of taking it before eating as some of them have had to put up with stomach aches. We think it’s due to the BioPerine causing the tea extracts and caffeine to be absorbed too fast so always follow the directions and take this with a meal, kids.
Triple-Tea Fat Burner Summary
- Smart stack. For all its short-comings, it has a good overall design.
- Great antioxidant. General health is always a priority.
- Premium shit. Key ingredients are in their topnotch forms.
- Fish oil + Tea. We don’t always see these two together so kudos!
- Easy instructions. Only dum-dums won’t get it.
- 75 Servings. You can take it for almost three months!
- Affordable. You get almost three months for less than $30.00!
- Low-Caf. Good for those who don’t drink coffee but want some benefits.
- Underdosed. Too mild for our tastes.
- Weak fat burner. Won’t send your fat melting quick enough.
- Low-Energy. Some people want to feel caffeine coursing thru their veins.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (75 servings): $26.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Triple-Tea Fat Burner
We really had high hopes for this one. Green tea extract is our best fat burning ingredient after all but Triple-Tea Fat Burner’s execution of its brilliant weight loss strategy was most likely met with budget constraints.
Should you try it? As an antioxidant and health supplement, yes. Fish oil and Tea are considered superfoods in their categories so Triple-Tea did well on that part. As a fat burner, we urge you to think twice or at least prepare to be disappointed.