Premium products are premium because of the type of quality they can provide. And when it comes to premiums, the price tag has to match that feel otherwise people start asking questions. This is the type of marketing Performix did with its line of “premium” looking products and we don’t see that trend fading yet.
We’ve reviewed plenty of Performix products in the past but we never get sick of their premium-looking designs specially now with SST v2X. It’s a gorgeous bottle inside a cool box and each time we hold it, we feel like we’re some badass reality show celebrity.
But all praises aside, will the premium label match the formula or will it flop like a fish out of water? Let’s find out!
About Performix SST v2X
Performix SST v2X claims to provide “unrelenting energy” and be “multi-phase super suspension thermogenic” whatever that means. It also claims to provide focus so I guess we’ll be seeing some nootropic support in this product. We also like to praise the label for just looking cool. If anything, Performix knows how to design its labels and we like it. Formula notes:
- 3 Patented Ingredients. TEACRINE, BIOPERINE, and KINETIQ.
- Premium feel. There’s something about Performix brands that makes us feel like we’re rich.
- Transparent label (?). Yeah but we see a prop blend so…
Performix SST v2X Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin)||1,000 mcg|
|Performix™ Terra Intelligent Dosing™ Super Suspension Bead Thermo Blend||390 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||300 mg|
|Theacrine (As Teacrine®)||50 mg|
|p-Synephrine (As KINETIQ™ Citrus Aurantium (fruit) extract)||25 mg|
|Yohimbine HCI||5 mg|
|BioPerine® Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) extract (fruit)[std. to 95% Piperine]||5 mg|
|Performix™ SST Oil Diffusion Carrier Matrix||850 mg|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides, Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) extract [std. 78% Conjugated Linoleic Acid), D-Limonene (Orange Peel extract), Ginger (Zingiber officinalis) CO2 Supercritical Extract (supplying Gingerols, Zingerones, and Shogaols), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) extract (leaf) [supplying Carnosic Acid, Carnosol, Ursolic Acid, and Oleanolic Acid].|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Sugar, Starch, Povidone, Silica, Pharmaceutical Glaze, FD&C Blue #1 Lake, FD&C Black Lake, Calcium Silicate.|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 serving (2 capsules) in the morning on an empty stomach. To assess your tolerance, start with 1/2 serving (1 capsule) and work up to the full dose. Do not exceed one (1) serving per day. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six (6) hours of bedtime. Please read entire label before use.|
Half the blend checks out, the other half has to go.
Performix is not just known for premium formulas but also premium prices. With that said, we like what they did with their actual fat burning blend in a sense that although we wanted more focus on dosage, we like to think there is synergy in there somewhere. The other half of the formula, we feel as if they added that just so they could add more marketable names. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Vitamin B12, 1000 mcg
We have our favorite form as methylcobalamin and we have a loaded 1,000 mcg to boot. We normally don’t mention vitamins but we tip our hats to Performix for this.
Performix Terra Intelligent Dosing Super Suspension Bead Thermo Blend, 390 mg
- Caffeine Anhydrous, 300 mg. We got a huge punch of our #2 fat burner, folks! 300 mg is a lot of kapow my friends.
- Theacrine, 50 mg. We have a premium brand of theacrine in the form of Teacrine®. This ingredient is known to act like caffeine but without the jitters. We like to think it’s a hybrid of a nootropic and caffeine.
- Synephrine, 25 mg. Everyone knows synephrine and how potent it can get when combined with caffeine. 25 mg may look small but it’s usually standard dosage.
- Evodiamine, 5 mg. This is cayenne’s gentler cousin because it’s gentler on your gut. 5 mg is minimal.
- Yohimbine, 5 mg. 5 mg may look small but Yohimbine is an extremely potent fat burner but the low dose is to ward off the side effects which include palpitations and elevated blood pressure.
- Black Pepper, 5mg. This is our all around favorite ingredient absorption booster while also handing out a bit of fat burning on the side. BioPerine® is the best brand for the job and we love seeing it on labels.
Performix™ SST Oil Diffusion Carrier Matrix, 850 mg
- MCT. Most supplements include this as a way to promote absorption and quick release of nutrients. Something tells us they gave at least 500 mg to MCT for this because that’s the minimum dose for this ingredient to work.
- Safflower standardized 78% CLA. CLA is one of the best ingredients not just in a a a fat burner but in most health and wellness supplements. It can trigger thermogenesis, controls appetite, ans just supports your body’s natural fat burning system.
- D-Limonene. This is the first time we’ve seen this ingredient in a fat burner mostly because studies that show its fat burning potential is scarce or not really considered “solid” evidence. The most it holds promise is as an anti-cancer ingredient.
- Ginger CO2 Supercriticl Extract (Gingerols, Zingerones, Shogaols). Well this is weird. They makeup a whole blend made of the active compounds of ginger but none of them show any signs of being standardized. What we’re saying is we’re not sure if we have any potency at all.
- Rosemary (Carnosic Acid, Carnosol, Ursolic Acid, Oleanolic Acid). Again, another blend of extracts but none of them standardized for potency.
Let’s talk about this in two parts particularly the two blends Performix prepared for us.
Their official fat burning blend contains six really potent ingredients and despite the 390 mg limit, we don’t see why the blend won’t work as described. We see synergy and we think this fat burning formula will work despite being rather stimulant-focused. We believe they could have taken 100 mg from caffeine and added them to one or two ingredients and it would be much better.
Now about their staple diffusion blend. We’ve seen this blend in previous reincarnations before but we think it’s gotten out of hand. First, they provided 850 mg of cap space for this one blend and we bet you 500 mg of that is in MCTs. CLA, while definitely a Swiss-Knife fat burner, requires a lot more than a few hundred grams to work its magic and we don’t see it having more than 200 mg here. The rest of the blend is just full of extracts with questionable standardizations so we’re not even sure if they’ll do anything aside from providing some leverage for marketing.
Performix products have been put to the test in this site and we’ve seen plenty of decent products but right now, we think the SST v2X is not as potent as the others nor is it as bad. It sits quietly in the middle, between potent and too expensive.
Performix SST v2X Benefits
It’ll energize you and give you a lot of hot feelings when you workout. The diffusion factor should also help you feel the ingredients working quicker than you can say “spot me!”
Who Takes It?
We like to think its market is generally those who were happy with Performix brands and their two-blend style that always includes a blend with the word “diffusion” on it.
Any Side Effects?
We got a lot of caffeine paired with synephrine and yohimbine so you can expect sweating and perhaps even palpitations. Jitters could be felt and you’ll most likely crash afterwards.
Performix SST v2X Summary
- Quality. No stranger to premium brands.
- Potent burners. They made use of the hot stuff!
- Lots of energy. Just drop your coffee.
- Not focused. Why not put emphasis on fat burners?
- Not really transparent. It ain’t transparent if there’s a prop blend.
- Expensive. Very few people will buy this at that price.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $75.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Performix SST v2X
Performix SST v2X sounds cool and even has cooler sounding blends. But we think Performix underachieved with the SST v2X and we’re saying this after reviewing its other products. There was a lot of promise in this formula but we feel like the fat burning got sidetracked and ended up focusing on the usual “diffusion” blend.
We actually think Performix could’ve been so much more if they just discarded that whole deal with adding an extra blend for diffusion or whatever purposes. Granted that blend is known to work really well in a fat burner, it’s not worth it if you end up shortchanging your actual fat burning blend.