Performix has been known to dish out topnotch supplements with topnotch price tags. They’re not unnecessarily expensive to say the least, given they actually go out of their way to include premium brands and high quality ingredients in just about every product they launch. Needless to say, each time we pick up a Performix product we always assume it to be on the too-expensive-for-our-taste side.
We have another Performix product called Iridium and right now we’re telling you, we expect expensive ingredients here left and right. We just hope it doesn’t disappoint its high paying customers.
About Performix Iridium
Performix Iridium describes itself as a premium, multi-phase thermogenic that can provide energy, fat burning, and peak brain performance. It also prides itself at having not 5, not 10, not 15, but 17 synergistic ingredients. Looks like we’re in for a treat here and we’re not optimistic about it. Formula notes:
- Prop blend. Like seriously, where are the numbers?
- Premium feel. It ain’t Performix if it doesn’t feel rich.
- Nootro-burn. We like supplements that combine nootropics and burners.
Performix Iridium Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Performix™ Suspension Super Thermo Iridium Complex†||1,151 mg|
|TERRA Pod Ballistic Energy Thermo Beadlet†|
|Caffeine Anhydrous [200mg], KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root) [std. 5% Withanolides], Synephrine HCI, Coleus Forskohlii extract (root) [std. 40% Forskolin], Yohimbine HCI, BioPerine® Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum) extract (fruit) [std. 95% Piperine], N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine|
|TERRA Pod Ballistic Sensory Beadlet†|
|TeaCrine® Theacrine, Cognizin® Citicoline, L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, Bacopa monnieri (whole herb) [std. 20% Bacosides], Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata) extract (aerial parts).|
|Diffusion Carrier Oil Matrix|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius L) extract (seed) (std. 78% Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) extract (leaf) [supplying Carnosic Acid, Carnosol, Ursolic Acid, and Oleanolic Acid]|
Gelatin, Sugar, Silicon Dioxide, Beadlet Coating (Talc, Mica, Starch, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Triglycerides, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Yellow #5), Povidone, Maltodextrin
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, adults start with 1/2 serving (1 Capsule) to assess your body’s tolerance before moving up to the full serving (2 Capsules). Best if taken in the morning on an empty stomach, or as directed by a physician or qualified healthcare professional. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six hours of bedtime. Please read the entire label before use.|
Performix Iridium uses a prop blend to hide its mild burn.
Like so many Performix products in the past, the formula structure and even the blends share similar ingredients. We see a lot of premium stuff but we’re not really sure how much of anything is in here because there’s literally no doses disclosed. We’ll just have to do a bit of guesswork. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
TERRA Pod Ballistic Energy Thermo Beadlet
- Caffeine (200 mg). The only ingredient with the actual dosage in this complex formula, caffeine is our #2 best fat burner that can both ignite your will to lift hard and ignite the fat under your skin at the same time.
- Ashwagandha. Comes in the brand called KSM 66®, ashwagandha is one of our preferred adaptogens, capable of relieving anxiety and anxiety-related fatigue. For weight loss, it helps cope with the stress of eating fewer calories or fatigue from workouts.
- Synephrine. Synephrine goes well with caffeine, capable of tweaking the fat burning hormones inside the body which then capitalize on the metabolic boost caffeine provides.
- Coleus Forskholii. Standardized to a potent 40% Forskolin, Coleus is known for inducing fat loss without cannibalizing on your precious muscle.
- Yohimbine. Yohimbine is considered a small but terrible fat burning compound, capable of granting the user enhanced fat burning in doses less than 5 mg.
- Black Pepper. Comes in our favorite brand called BioPerine®, black pepper can enhance nutrient absorption as well do a little something for fat burning too.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. We’re not sure why they bothered adding NALT here since it’s clearly underdosed to do anything useful.
TERRA Pod Ballistic Sensory Beadlet
- Theacrine. We have theacrine in the premium brand called TeaCrine®. Theacrine acts like caffeine except it doesn’t spike your energy way up for it to crash down later. You can say it’s caffeine’s milder and more stable cousin. There’s also some nootropic benefits to it which can also explain why it doesn’t cause jitters.
- Citicoline. Oh wow, we get a nootropic powerhouse, folks! Also known as Cognizin®. citicoline is a powerful brain-booster capable of not only improving brain health now but also provides long term brain health benefits.
- L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine. Also known as Alpha GPC, it’s a popular form of choline used for brain-boosting. It is often considered second to Citicoline in terms of being a powerful nootropic.
- Bacopa monnieri. Bacopa has been known to promote knowledge retention, peak mental performance, and more. It’s standardized to 20% bacosides but we’re not sure it would matter given the likelihood of it being low-dosed.
- Huperzine A. Huperzine is a solid brain booster that works amazingly in doses lower than 1 mg.
Diffusion Carrier Oil Matrix
- Medium Chain Triglycerides. It’s actually what many call a fat that can burn fat but we’re sure it’s just a bioavailability booster in this fat burner.
- Safflower extract. It’s standardized to 78% CLA but the minimum working dose for CLA is at leas 1 g so no, it’s not going to work.
- Rosemary extract. A blend of potential extracts but none of them standardized for potency.
We don’t like prop blends and the biggest reason is we don’t know how much of anything goes down our throat. That;s our beef with Peformix Iridium because the only thing we see is caffeine at 200 mg. That’s it, nothing else hints at how much dosing they have. This is worrisome because we have no way of knowing if an ingredient works or if it’s at dangerously high levels.
The only good guess we can make is in the first blend. We know caffeine is at 200 mg so it’s reasonable to assume everything else after is given lower doses. Good news is, the first blend looks reasonably functional save for NALT, but that’s about as great a guess we can make for Iridium.
The second blend is one huge nootropic blend filled with premium stuff. Too bad that’s all we know since as much as we like to tell you guys it’s something you can look forward to, even Spiderman’s spider sense won’t help him guess the dosage range for each ingredient.
It’s a shame too since Iridium seems to have almost made the ideal nootro-burn blend. If only they weren’t so stuck up on their doses, maybe we’d have something to talk about. For now, we can only say the first blend is good enough and the rest is just meh.
Performix Iridium Benefits
It can boost energy, calm you down, burn some fat, and maybe give you a little brain boost along the way.
Who Takes It?
Definitely for nootropic fans. We see a lot of nootro-burners but none of this premium caliber. Performix is known for its premium price tag after all so perhaps they want to justify it by adding premium ingredients.
Any Side Effects?
It has 17 ingredients and while we assume the doses are mild enough to mitigate any serious side effects, just feel it out and if your body tells you something’s wrong, drop this supplement immediately.
Performix Iridium Summary
- Premium stuff. Luxury supplement indeed.
- Design. We like how everything’s neatly arranged and serves a purpose.
- Absorption. They did everything to make sure your body gets it all.
- Expensive. I don’t see my friends buying this.
- Prop blend. We have no idea how much of anything is in here.
- Underdosed. Brands can’t replace doses, folks.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $79.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Performix Iridium
Performix Iridium is a premium and quite expensive fat burning supplement. It offers premium and standardized ingredients, arranges them according to their purpose, and leaves you with the impression that it’s worth every penny. The only real flaw here is we think it’s mildly dosed at best and the huge prop blend is nothing but a veil to mask the absurdly low doses it has per serving.