When it comes to fat burning, the usual step is to include ingredients that promote, well, fat burning. You got your green tea, caffeine, synephrine, and yohimbine to attack fat but is that all there is to fat burning? NDS doesn’t think so when it came out with KETO-MAX.
KETO-MAX is built around the idea of preventing weight gain from happening in the first place which is all well and good but this means it will also make use of ingredients that are…non traditional.
Regardless, we’re pretty open minded so let’s see where KETO-MAX goes.
Keto-Max is stimulant-free and supports fat loss by means of other angles such as appetite suppression and blocking carb absorption. It also seems to contain shrimp in the form of chitosan. We haven’t exactly reviewed a product with chitosan before so this could get fishy real quick. Formula notes:
- Stim-free. You’ll just have to get energy from somewhere else.
- Carb blocking. Usually an extra benefit but this time it’s the main function.
- Simple formula. Looks focused for the most part.
KETO-MAX Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 45
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C||60 mg|
|Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate)||200 mcg|
|Keto-MaxTM Blend:||940 mg|
|White Kidney Bean Extract (4:1), Chitosan, Raspberry Ketones (100 mg), Cassia Nomame Extract (10:1), Vanadium (Citrate)|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin Capsule (Gelatin, Water, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red 3, FD&C Blue 1), Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide|
|Directions for use: Take 1-2 capsules 30 minutes prior to meals with 6-8 oz of juice or water. To be used as part of a healthy lifestyle consisting of regular physical activity and a proper diet.|
This fat burner works by preventing fat from happening.
Probably 9/10 fat burners design their formulas to punch their way through stored fat and for the most part, it works. KETO-MAX on the other hand prefers to block fat storage instead. It all looks to be a promising theme but we’re not going to judge it without analyzing it thoroughly. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Chromium, 200 mcg
It helps balance blood sugar and regulate insulin levels in the body, two factors that help reduce appetite.
- White kidney bean. Probably one of the most popular carb blockers in the market right now and the consensus on it is it works. “The results suggest that, in addition to animal nutrition, it may also be possible to use the bean lectin as a dietary adjunct or therapeutic agent to stimulate gut function and ameliorate obesity if a safe and effective dose-range can be established for human subjects.” The only problem is it’s not potent enough to work in relatively minimal doses but the fact that it’s the first on the list means NDS prioritized its dosage.
- Chitosan. First time we’ve seen Chitosan in a fat burner. Some research says there’s a small but significant body weight reduction while others say it doesn’t work. We’re skeptical about this and the fact that this is the first time we’ve seen this in a fat burning supplements makes us gravitate towards the research that says it doesn’t work. Still, it could still function as a starch blocker so we’ll give it a slight pass.
- Raspberry Ketones. Perhaps this is the reason why Keto-Max is called Keto-Max. With that said, what the heck is it doing down here? Raspberry Ketones require heavy dosing to work and at 100 mg, it may not do anything.
- Cassia Nomame. From our research, it’s said to be some sort of carb blocker but we couldn’t find any decent dosage at all. It’s a bit questionable when it comes to function too since he research behind this herb is just too scarce for us to believe this works as it should.
- Vanadium. This ingredient is used to improve insulin sensitivity which is pretty good for diabetics. Dosage-wise, it works well in puny amounts so we’re pretty confident this will work. “These results indicate that 3 wk of treatment with VS improves hepatic and peripheral insulin sensitivity in insulin-resistant NIDDM humans. These effects were sustained for up to 2 wk after discontinuation of VS.“
We’re a bit confused on our thoughts about the formula KETO-MAX used.
On one side, it’s great for people literally wanting to keep the weight off as it helps prevent your body from storing excess fat. I mean, what better angle to lose weight than to not gain it in the first place, right? Then on another angle, the some of the ingredients they used aren’t exactly backed by solid evidence and perhaps the weight loss attributed to them could be coincidental.
Don’t get us wrong, we praise its alternative route to burning fat but the research we found on some of these ingredients were lackluster and questionable at most. What we do like are the presence of Chromium, White kidney bean, and Vanadium. Raspberry ketones, while part of our list of fat burners, has so little of it here it would be crazy to assume it will work the way we think it will work. Chitosan and Cassia are really not as evidence-backed so we just can’t confirm if they’ll have any benefits at all.
The premise behind KETO-MAX’s formula is simple and is pretty common sense when you think about it. It’s just sad that some of the ingredients used were either underdosed or had questionable research done on them. To us, dosing and evidence matters so much more than the supposed theme of the formula and those are two things that KETO-MAX needs to improve on.
From what we can tell, KETO-MAX should help you have fewer instances of hunger pangs and help your body feel full faster when eating. That seems to be the general idea behind this supplement and we think it’ll have an effect despite questionable ingredients.
Who Takes It?
Definitely for users who want a way to lose weight without using “hardcore” fat burners. Yes, KETO-MAX isn’t a hardcore fat burner and in fact is one of the safest and softest fat burners we’ve ever seen.
Any Side Effects?
There are no stimulants here. With that said, it’s still important to follow the usage instructions you avoid complications associated with some of its ingredients.
- Focused. Made to block fat storage.
- Stim-free. Good for non-stim users or those who already have a stim-stack.
- Stackable. Can be added to any burn stack.
- Appetite control. No more hunger pangs in the middle of the night.
- Evidence. There’s not much of it for its ingredients.
- No burn. No, raspberry ketones won’t do anything.
- Other ingredients. More complicated than the actual formula
- Pricey. We’re not convinced.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (45 servings): $56.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on KETO-MAX
KETO-MAX is a pretty safe fat burner that isn’t really a fat burner. No stimulants, no hormone tweaking, no thermo-inducing ingredients, just a bunch of starch blockers and appetite suppressants put together. The concept is not seen in majority of supplements in the industry but we still think of it as a good direction towards weight loss.
The only thing we didn’t like here is how KETO-MAX straight up used ingredients that had little papers to work with and when it comes to claims and ingredient benefits, evidence matters above all. Regardless, there are still benefits to taking KETO-MAX but the effects will be anything but maximum.