Expecting a phoenix “reborn-from-fire” cliché here?
Well, that’s too damn bad.
This isn’t a review on Mythical Mycenaean Greek Ornithology. This is a Best5 fat burner review.
And with so many crap burners on the market, reviewing weight loss supps is tough business.
Yet, every now and again, a day comes when a new fat burning product arises from the ashes of its predecessors. Lifting its flaming wings to spark new life into the weight loss industry for all the gym BROs and BROETTEs. And right now that fat burner is… Legion PHOENIX.
…Shit. We just used a phoenix cliché, didn’t we.
It’s all good with a product this great. Read on to learn why Legion PHOENIX has earned our #2 Best Fat Burner Supplement ranking.
About Legion PHOENIX
Legion PHOENIX is a natural*, caffeine-free fat burner formulated by pretty boy Mike Matthews, founder of Legion (*This depends entirely on your opinion of synthetically-derived compounds from “natural” sources). Matthews boldly states that this fat burner beats the rest, both in its ingredients and transparency. Sort of a dickhead statement… unless, of course, the formula can back it up. Formula notes:
- Synephrine STACK Fat Burners: Synephrine and other post-ephedra fat burners stack up for promising metabolic results.
- Inhibits Cravings: Formula promotes healthy brain chemistry to combat our lust for Bacon-Wrapped Double Pork Meatloaf.
- Full Formula Transparency: You got us there, Mr. Matthews. Well, played, good sir. Touché. Shazam.
Legion PHOENIX Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Epigallocatechin Gallate (from Green Tea Extract)||400 mg|
|5-HTP (Griffonia Simplicifolia) Seed Extract||150 mg|
|Salacin (White Willow) Bark Extract||120 mg|
|Synephrine HCL||50 mg|
|Forskolin (Coleus Forskohlii)||50 mg|
|Hordenine HCL (N, N-dimethyl-tyramine)||25 mg|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose
CONTAINS: No Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, or Soy
|DIRECTIONS: Take 2 capsules, two times daily, with meals. To maximize effectiveness, combine with caffeine.|
PHOENIX = 9 Well-Researched Ingredients with Full Dosage Transparency.
Legion claims to show the science on their website, but let’s take a look for ourselves:
Synephrine is a chemical compound found in certain citruses (citri?). Despite the bitter orange controversy, research suggests synephrine helps increase basal metabolic rate (that is general fat burning) and the “energy cost” of metabolizing food—however, those effects amplify when mixed with:
- Fat mobilizing flavanoid found in grapefruits, oranges, and tomato skins—also boosts adiponectin production, which is involved in fat breakdown.
- Flavanoid found in citruses (citrusopoly?) that increases fat mobilization and decreases blood vessel inflammation.
Hordenine, Epigallocatechin Gallate EGCG, and Salicin offer protection against adrenalin-killing enzymes and ephedrine-inhibiting prostaglandins (this is especially important for the synephrine in this formula).
Additionally, EGCG prevents early bloodstream conversion of the formula’s 5-HTP, increasing 5-HTP’s serotonin-boosting effects in the brain.
Other benefits include: Increased fat burning energy (from the adrenalin), decreased abdominal fat (when coupled with exercise), and anti-inflammation.
Needless to say, The Avengers got nothing on this Super Heroic STACK.
Nootropic Weight Loss
- L-Tyrosine. “Anti-stress” amino acid. Not a fat burner, but included to replenish depleted tyrosine due to prolonged 5-HTP use. The LEGION website calls this a “just in case” safety buffer. We call it an awesome brain chemical booster, but the N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine form (NALT) is better… NALT is what you’ll find in the serious nootropic stacks for mental domination.
- Found in Coleus forskohlii, forskolin not only increases cAMP—which triggers the energy-burning process—but also promotes neuron-stimulating Long-Term Potentiation (LTP).
- 5-HTP. Converted into serotonin in the brain, an important “feel-good” 5-HTP is more effective than L-Tryptophan and safer than oral serotonin—additionally, it limits cravings and increases feelings of fullness.
Legion PHOENIX uses quality, key ingredients to hit the physiological pressure points on our complex metabolic machinery—the results are:
- Holistic Fat Burning. The formula is nothing short of brilliant in this regard. The ingredients not only address direct fat burning mechanisms with the Synephrine STACK, but they hit other weight loss angles through: Inhibiting anti-fat burning enzymes, promoting “happy” motivational brain chemistry, and decreasing appetite.
- GREAT Synergy. Each ingredient amplifies the purpose of another, not just within its triad category, but within the entire formula. The manufacturers even implemented subtle “checks-&-balances” relationships between the ingredient categories: Ex. EGCG promotes the efficacy of 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine replenishes lost tyrosine due to 5-HTP. Clearly, a lot of research and consideration went into the formulation of PHOENIX.
Additionally, this formula is CAFFEINE-Free.
Just drink that in for a second…
In a supplement genre that almost runs synonymous with “caffeine,” Legion PHOENIX has none. Legion recognizes the synergistic effects of mixing fat burners with caffeine, yet what they’re offering here instead is a choice: Burn fat with a side of coffee or escape the buzz altogether with water?
Odds are you’re already getting enough caffeine, so the fat burning synergy won’t be missed anyways.
Legion PHOENIX Benefits
If you haven’t figured it out yet, we like Legion PHOENIX. It’s rare that a supplement backs up its claims—with both its formula and the science behind it—and PHOENIX does exactly that. Here are its benefits:
- Increased basal metabolic rate. The Synephrine STACK’s citrus trio + the Protector ingredients mix for promising fat burning physiology (although BIG fat burning results also require healthy exercise/dieting… C’est la vie).
- Reduced cravings and binges. Not entirely eliminated (we’re only human after all), yet a huge component of “losing” fat involves avoiding it in the first place.
- Nootropic weight loss. Even without the nootropics, this would be a decent fat burner. The L-Tyrosine + Forskolin + 5-HTP combo increases the value of PHOENIX by introducing brain-healthy, mood-elevating effects to its formula.
Who Takes It?
Legion PHOENIX purposefully avoids the “EXTREME” association of most fat burners, which is seen not only in its formula (no caffeine) but in its branding. They boldly claim:
“While everyone claims to have the best fat burners on the market, we believe we can actually back up such a claim with real science and real numbers. Compare the PHOENIX formulation to any other fat loss product on the market, and it’s easy to see how inferior our competition really is.”
Essentially, Legion takes a serious, scientific approach to reach out to consumers who are serious about their supplements… seriously.
Any Side Effects?
Not likely. While synephrine is not ephedrine, it is ephedrine-like, which gives it stimulant-like qualities. The subsequent boost in heart beats might affect sensitive users—however, the amount of user complaints is very low.
Considering the lack of caffeine, PHOENIX doesn’t look like an over-stimulating supplement. Consult with a physician if you’re still concerned over the synephrine.
Legion PHOENIX Summary
- Increased Basal Metabolism. Boosts general fat burning—i.e. it actually works.
- Inhibits Appetite. Prevents cravings from destroying your goals.
- Nootropic Effects. Brain-healthy ingredients round out the formula.
- Caffeine-Free. There are plenty other sources to get your fix.
- Full Transparency. No proprietary blends, website reveals scientific background.
- Stimulant-Like. Synephrine might affect certain users.
- Larger Serving Size. 4 pills. Maybe that’s how it keeps you feeling full?
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $34.95
- 3 bottles: $94.95 ($31.65 per)
- Available online and in retail stores
Legion also includes a “60-day money-back guarantee” with all of their products.
Final Word on Legion PHOENIX
As far as fat burners go, Legion PHOENIX goes pretty far. Both its formula and branding set a high standard for supplements that’s tough to surpass (though we hope many manufacturers do). If synephrine isn’t your thing, then that’s PHOENIX’S only setback. Otherwise, this is one hot supplement to look out for.