We’ve seen ISO LEAN 2 Strong and we really didn’t like how it tried to look potent and strongly formulated when it was anything but. Still, ANS didn’t let bad reviews get in their way of producing another one for the ISO LEAN series and this time we have in our hands ISO LEAN 3 Extreme.
We see a lot of similarities between the two and right now we’re telling you, we’re not optimistic about this review at all. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if this formula failed to satisfy the whole “extreme” label only because we’ve seen what ANS does and boy we don’t like it.
But that’s not exactly fair judgment, now is it? So let’s go see if ANS finally has something to wow us.
About ISO LEAN 3 Extreme
ISO LEAN 3 Extreme looks to be the successor to ISO LEAN 2 Strong and for the most part, we’re excited. Its predecessor wasn’t really that good and the only way to go from there is up. Problem is, why do we have this feeling the formula ISO LEAN 3 Extreme has is a lot like the previous one? They also claim just about the same things on their label too. That looks fishy. Formula notes:
- Stronger formula (?). It looks the same to us right now, though.
- 1 Cap serving. Won’t be confused at how many you swallowed earlier in the day.
- Prop blend. Listing it because we don’t like it.
ISO LEAN 3 Extreme Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|ISO Lean 3 Blend||712 mg|
|ISO Metabolic Enhancer|Neuro Focus Blend|
|Caffeine Anhydrous (275 mg), Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (leaf) [std. to 98% Polyphenols/50% Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG)], KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root) [std. 5% total withanolides], Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium) extract (fruit) [std. 30% Synephrine], Synephrine HCl, Yohimbine HCl, Garcinia cambogia extract (fruit rind) [std. 50% Hydroxycitric Acid], Di-Caffeine Malate, Ruaecarpine, Phosphatidyl Serine Powder, Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata) extract (whole herb) [std. 1% Huperzine A], Vinpocetine|
|Hydro Cut Blend|
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale ) extract (root) 10:1, Uva Ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi ) extract (leaf) 20:1, Juniper Berry (Juniperus communis) extract 4:1, Buchu extract (leaf)|
|Thermogenic Delivery System|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Carmine Red, Silicon Dioxide.|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule with 8 oz of water. Do not take more than 1 capsule daily. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six hours of bedtime. Please read the entire label before use.|
Not really that much of a change from its predecessor.
You know how our previous comments on ISO LEAN 2 Strong was “Lots Of Guns, So Little Ammo”? As it turns out, ISO LEAN 3 Extreme might actually receive the same comment given a similarly structured formula. I mean, it’s called extreme and all but ANS couldn’t be bothered to actually create a significant upgrade to their existing formula? That speaks volumes in terms of quality. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
ISO Metabolic Enhancer | Neuro Focus Blend
- Caffeine. We have 275 mg of our #2 best fat burner. Thing is, 275 mg out of 712 mg is almost 40% of the whole blend and we’re now hoping we don’t encounter obviously useless doses below.
- Green Tea Extract. Our #1 fat burner is standardized to 50% EGCG but we have no idea how much of the good stuff we have here. One thing’s for certain, it’s definitely fewer than caffeine.
- Ashwagandha. Coming in as KSM-66®, Ashwagandha is an herb capable of relieving stress and boosting overall mood. Being in 3rd place isn’t so bad but we now have to question the doses of the remaining ingredients.
- Bitter Orange and Synephrine HCl. We’re not even sure why they bothered separating these two. They have the same purpose in this blend and work in the same fashion. Regardless of ingredient mix up, synephrine works really good when paired with caffeine.
- Yohimbine. Potent even in doses less than 10 mg, this ingredient is so good at its job using too much might actually give you palpitations and even hypertension.
- Garcinia Cambogia. Standardized to 50% HCA, one of our best 5 fat burners are close to the bottom and it’s bad since Garcinia is a dose-heavy ingredient.
- Di-Caffeine Malate. It’s supposed to be a milder version of caffeine and prevents jitters due to its slow-release effect. Thing is, we already have enough caffeine and since you don’t really have much caffeine in this form to begin with, we doubt the dose it has here would make a difference.
- Rutaecarpine. Supposed to act as a caffeine cleanser as it speeds up caffeine metabolism in the body while also blocking caffeine’s effects. This is one of those “nice to haves” in supplements but in a scarcely dosed blend like this, its addition looks to be more aesthetic than for function.
- Phosphatidyl Serine. Helps with brain fog and boosts brain power but the dose looks to be not on point.
- Huperzine A. Okay, this nootropic works amazingly well even in the mcg range so we assume it works.
- Vinpocetine. Provides protection against brain-cell degeneration.
Hydro Cut Blend
Dandelion, Uva Ursi, Juniper, Buchu extract. Four herbs but they all do one thing: make you piss more. Probably to help you lose weight by means of minimizing water retention.
Thermogenic Delivery System
Medium Chain Triglycerides. This is probably in oil form. MCT oil is known for a lot of health benefits but for this capsule, it looks to be for speeding up ingredient absorption.
We’ve seen a similar formula in ISO LEAN 2 Strong and to be honest, when they added EXTREME in the name for this product we assumed we were gonna get something potent and explosive. What we ended up with is just ISO LEAN 2.5 if we’re to describe it. Sure, they added 100+ mg more but they never really got rid of the fluff which makes their formula still broke.
They got a great lineup but not enough milligrams for proper function. I mean, who puts garcinia and phosphatidyl serine near the bottom of a blend that’s not even one full gram? They got probably 4-5 ingredients dosed just okay while the rest all looked to be added just so people know they added them.
So as much as we want to say ISO LEAN 3 Extreme is a step up from ISO LEAN 2 Strong, it’s really just more of the same but with more caffeine. This is one of those cases of “supplement dejavu” where we thought we’ve reviewed a supplement before because of just how similar it is to another product and in this case to its predecessor.
ISO LEAN 3 Extreme Benefits
It will give you energy, probably help calm your senses, and may actually get you focused. There’s also a good chance you’ll be making more rounds to the restroom thanks to the diuretics here.
Who Takes It?
Fans of the ISO LEAN series are the first to buy this. The next wave of consumers would probably be people who know their ingredients but don’t know how labels work. Yeah, that’s a pretty narrow market.
Any Side Effects?
You got caffeine and other stimulants here so expect some stimulant-induced jitters and even palpitations. Sweating might also be an issue if you’re not comfortable with it.
ISO LEAN 3 Extreme Summary
- Stronger. It’s more potent than its predecessor.
- Quality. We see a lot of our favorites in their blend.
- 1 cap serving. 60 capsules for 60 days.
- Not really better. Stronger dose but not better formula.
- Mismatched dosing. Some bottom ingredients require bigger doses.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (60 servings): $69.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on ISO LEAN 3 Extreme
Without exaggerating it, ISO LEAN 3 Extreme is a slightly stronger version of its predecessor but we can’t actually say it’s better. They improved the dosing, and there are a handful of nuggets, but they haven’t improved the design and makes the formula not really that much different than the last. We think the only thing “extreme” here is the fact that ANS must think we’re extremely naive to think consumers would see ISO LEAN 2 Strong and ISO LEAN 3 Extreme as entirely different fat burners.
As much as we want to say it’s a good buy, we can only really recommend it if you’re a fan of this supplement series or if it’s the only supplement available in your local retailer (which is really a rare case). Other than that, we suggest you take a look at our list of what we reviewed as the best fat burners this year.