You know that game Pokemon Go? Yeah, I bet you do. It’s everywhere. Kids play it, teens play it. Hell, even people in their 30’s or 40’s plays it. I’d play it. Many fans and reviews say it’s trend in gaming and consider it the true “NEXT GEN” of games to come.
Speaking of next gen, when you hear that word you automatically think of something that breaks barriers or innovates in the most unconventional yet bizarrely effective way. That seems to be what the people at MUSCLETECH thought when they released the next evolution of their fat-burner supplements: HYDROXYCUT HARDCORE NEXT GEN.
Not only is it hardcore, it’s also next freakin’ gen! Don’t get your hopes up just yet… but don’t write ’em off either. Muscletech has a habit of being awesome with names but not so much on performance although they did redeem themselves before.
Let’s find out if their next gen fat burner deserves that title.
About HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen
Being “Next Gen” is all about bringing something new to the table and it has to be something no one has ever seen. Don’t take our word for it, just look at what MUSCLETECH says on their website: “You’ve never tried anything like this before – guaranteed!” We’ll see about that. Formula notes:
- Transparent label: This is something the HYDROXYCUT series is known and loved for. All dosages shown is a key feature of quality nutritional supplements.
- Familiar faces: Not really next generation but you can’t go wrong with caffeine and green tea extract for fat loss.
- Not so familiar faces: Blue Skullcap and Red Sage sound like superheroes from an obscure comic book series in the 90’s. Whatever they are, looks like their NEXT GEN thing depends on these two ingredients.
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 50
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|L-Ornithine HCl||500 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||250 mg|
|Green Coffee Bean Extract (as Coffea canephora robusta) Standardized for 45% chlorogenic acids||200 mg|
|Green Tea Extract (as Camellia sinensis) (leaf) Standardized for EGCG||150 mg|
|Blue Skullcap Extract (as Scutellaria lateriflora) (root)||50 mg|
|Red Sage Extract (as Salvia miltiorrhiza) (root) Standardized for salvianolic acid||50 mg|
|Ginger (as Zinger officinale) (root)||40 mg|
Veggie Capsule (Hypromellose, Titanium Dioxide), Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.
|Directions for use: Individual tolerances vary. Ensure you achieve your comfort with each stage before increasing your dosage. Take each serving 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast and lunch. Do not exceed 4 capsules in a 24-hour period. Avoid snacking and drink 10 glasses of water each day. Avoid usage within 5 hours of bedtime. For best results, use for 60 days in combination with diet and training. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.|
Next Gen formula blends tried and true burners with some exotic elites for weight loss.
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen is really pushing with the whole “we’re the next big thing” approach on their formula. We think the reason for them being first is due to companies not taking their chances with what might work. The dosages were also a gamble. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Ornithine HCl: Their website says it’s just for enhancing “overall sensory experience” and that’s probably one of the vaguest definitions of an ingredient capable of giving pumps much like Citrulline.
- Caffeine. Generic source of energy and thermo. Not next generation but does the job good enough to earn the #2 spot in our best fat burners list. Dosage is really zingy at 250 mg so don’t pop this into your mouth like M&Ms if you know what’s good for you. (or stack it with Theanine from a good nootropic stack, ya heard?? It helps with those caffeine jitters.)
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Standardized to 45% CGA, GCBE is known to activate our body’s fat burning processes, regulate energy, and even balance blood sugar. It is definitely trendy over the past couple of years, found in a lot of advanced weight loss products.
- Green Tea Extract. This is our best fat burner and the label says it’s standardized to some amount of EGCG but we’re not sure how much exactly. Even if it was standardized to 50%, the dosage is too small to be of any significant use.
- Blue Skullcap Extract. Also known as Chinese Skullcap, it’s a traditional Chinese medicine taken usually for cardiovascular health due to its flavonoid compounds similar to tea. It can burn fat and act as a nootropic at the same time. A dose of 500 mg is often recommended to maximize its use. It’s funny how MUSCLETECH once again defines it as a “sensory” ingredient. Someone needs to pay for better research writers.
- Red Sage Extract. Another sensory ingredient. Wow, MUSCLETECH. Anyway, Red Sage is a popular traditional Chinese medicine much like Skullcap. It’s popularly used for circulatory and heart health. It’s standardized but we’re not sure how much…again. Therapeutic doses start at 6.56 mg/kg of body weight so no; 50 mg is too small.
- Ginger. Ginger contains an active ingredient called zingerone known for boosting norepinephrine hormones to trigger fat burning and accelerate fat loss. It is a solid fat-burner choice and makes sense in this formula.
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen is definitely a one of a kind fat burner but not exactly for the best reasons. We think their formulation, while new and original, doesn’t stack up with its claim of being a hardcore next gen fat burner.
Ornithine is a pump ingredient with a minimum recommended dose of 2 g so 500 mg won’t cut it. Caffeine always works in dosages above 100 mg and 250 mg is pretty hot and heavy but we also want a nootropic to balance it out. Green Coffee Bean (GCBE) and Green Tea Extract (GTE) are great fat burners. GCBE is standardized so we expect a good burn from it but GTE is definitely lacking firepower here. Even if you standardize it to 50%, there just ain’t enough EGCG for the burn. Ginger is ginger but if it’s not standardized at that dosage then it’s just a spicy additive.
Now for the next gen ingredients this product features: Blue Skullcap and Red Sage are Chinese herbs usually bought for their cardiovascular benefits. Only Blue Skullcap has any potential of burning fat mass due to its flavonoid content. Dosages are weak but at least it’s good for your heart, right? No? At least you got AWESOME SENSORY !
Overall, I have to admit this formula has some sex appeal.
Why? Because unlike your average run of the mill products, HYDROXYCUT Hardocure Next Gen takes a different angle in its formula design: It blends traditional fat burners with “sensory” support that, in theory, could make your workout more effective. It is a novel approach, but also a roll of the dice… still, a tip of the hat to Muscle Tech for a formula that is unique, and extreme in the right places.
Where it fails, in my opinion, is in a couple of dosages — like they gave too much capsule space for the wildcard sensory ingredients, but perhaps not enough powder in there is the real, evidence-backed fat burners that we want.
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen Benefits
Gives a good dose of energy and stimulation. It’ll burn fat but it won’t be an extreme fat loss accelerator or anything like that.
Where it MIGHT be extreme, however, is in that powerful sensory support. What the heck does that mean? Well it might just make your workout feel goooooooood. You can climb freakin’ mountains when it feels gooooood. So that may be the driving force benefit of this product:
- Optimizing fat-loss bioactivities while enhancing the workouts that burn those damn stubborn fatty pounds in the first place.
If the sensory stuff plays out, this formula might help you release the beast while pounding the weights. Will it be helpful for rapid weight loss? Well, we’re not sure about that… we’re more confident in it as a workout enhancing supplement.
Who Takes It?
Fans of the series want a shot of what MUSCLETECH’s Next Gen fat burner is all about. Seriously, this product seems designed for bodybuilding efforts, and can be taken as a pre-workout by athletes and bodybuilders who train HARD at the gym. You don’t have to be an elite athlete though, but if you’re a noob taking this, we suggest you proceed with caution til you can gauge its “sensory” effects.
Any Side Effects?
Caffeine is dosed pretty good here so expect the usual stim side effects like nausea, palpitations, jitters, and a good old fashioned crash. Other effects connected to the exotics in this product — blue skullkap and red sage — are harder to predict.
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen Summary
- Clean label. No unnecessary (other) ingredients.
- Few quality ingredients. Give credit where credit is due.
- Good energy. Caffeine lovers rejoice!
- Heart Supportive. Skullcap and Sage love your arteries.
- Many servings. Good for up to 50 training days.
- Decent reviews. Customers seem to like it, FWIW
- Underdosed. Few ingredients but small dosages.
- Missing pumps. Not enough NO for performance.
- Weak herbs. Not the kind of next gen we expected.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (50 servings): $39.99
- 1 bottles (90 servings): $49.99
- Available to buy online and in retail stores, inc. Amazon and GNC
Final Word on HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen
HYDROXYCUT Hardcore Next Gen serves up a formula that features performance and fat burning benefits with a combination of traditional and exotic ingredients. It’s definitely a classic HYDROXYCUT supplement in its design, but the dosages aren’t hardcore or next gen enough to get us super excited. Still, the wildcard design of this unique formula may be worth a try for bodybuilding types looking for a “sensory” boost to enhance their fat-blasting workouts, helping out those rating stars.