If you want a simple and effective joint support product, we’ve got something worth considering.
Enter Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder.
Take a hint from its name, folks: it should help make your joints feel as good as new.
After all, that’s what every seasoned lifter at the gym wants, right?
Enjoy the review, folks.
About Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is a product which helps “support cartilage and joint function,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive ingredient combo. Glucosamine sulfate, MSM, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, and manganese.
- Has curcumin. Indian spice with time-tested health benefits.
- Affordable. One $13.97 bottle lasts two months or so.
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder Supplement Facts (120 tablets)
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 60
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate)||100 mg||170%|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||1,000 IU||250%|
|Manganese (as manganese gluconate)||1 mg||50%|
|Glucosamine sulfate (from 2,000 mg glucosamine sulfate • 2 KCl)||1,500 mg||†|
|MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)||500 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable source), curcumin, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide and a food grade coating.|
|Suggested Usage: Take 2 tablets per day or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.|
The Cartilage and Joint Function Supplement
Perhaps you’re a seasoned lifter who has made the gym your second home.
No matter how experienced you are, you still experience some exercise-induced discomfort every now and then.
It happens to all of us.
Thank heavens for joint support products, which help you overcome them and conquer your lifts.
One such supplement is Animal Flex, which, in our opinion, is a bona fide game changer.
Let’s see if Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder can be mentioned in the same breath.
The manufacturer says this product “supports cartilage and joint function,” per its official website.
It doesn’t resort to any fancy marketing slogan. It get right down to it.
No fuss, no frills.
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder’s main ingredient is 1.5 grams of glucosamine sulfate per serving.
This “is a stable, clincially-studied form of glucosamine, which is essential for the proper formation of tendons, ligaments, synovial fluid, bones, skin, nails, and blood vessels,” per Jarrow Formulas’ official website.
More specifically, glucosamine is an aminosaccharide and a common ingredient of many joint support products.
It’s a staple ingredient because it is effective. It has several proven benefits:
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Improves joint health
- Keeps joint discomfort at bay
- Protects the gut lining
- Boosts digestion
Many people aren’t aware of glucosamine’s ability to improve digestive function.
With that, we believe Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder can work well in conjunction with an effective bodybuilding post-workout supplement.
When you lift, you need to take advantage of that crucial post-workout anabolic window (30 minutes after exercising) – it’s the time when your muscles are pining for nutrients.
If you need to boost your joint health and post-workout results, glucosamine can help you in more ways than one.
We guarantee it.
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder also has 500 milligrams of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) per serving.
This is another popular joint support product ingredient. MSM is a naturally-occurring sulfur compound which has great anti-inflammatory benefits.
Some fitness experts also believe MSM helps boost cell wall permeability. In other words, it can help improve nutrient uptake (another great reason to take Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder with a post-workout supplement).
In addition, MSM also helps protect against oxidative damage.
Satisfied? Well, we’ve only just begun.
It turns out MSM also helps boost glutathione (a potent antioxidant) levels in the body (much like the way whey protein does) – it shores up your defense mechanism against those nasty free radicals.
Need hard evidence?
A study published in The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness in April 2012 (via the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s National Institutes of Health) says, “It seems that 10-day supplementation with MSM has allowed to decrease muscle damage via effect on antioxidant capacity.”
The major takeaway: Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder cuts to the chase, folks. Its simple and proven ingredients should help you boost cartilage and joint function.
That bodes well for your long-term fitness goals. Believe it.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate), 100 mg: Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is a solid source of Vitamin C at 170 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent is high). This vitamin plays a major role in the production of collagen (the most abundant protein found in connective tissues). When you don’t have enough Vitamin C in your body, your cartilages may degenerate, which, in turn, results in reduced mobility. We’re glad the researchers at Jarrow Formulas are a step ahead of everybody else.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), 1,000 IU: If you’re impressed with Jarrow Formulas Vitamin C content, wait until you see its Vitamin D levels – an incredible 250 percent of the daily value. Surprise: Turkish researchers concluded three years ago low levels of Vitamin D may result in joint degeneration. Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder helps keep that at bay. If you’re not getting enough sunlight and have joint issues, this supplement is the way to go.
- Manganese (as manganese gluconate), 1 mg: This mineral completes the complementary triumvirate of Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder. Manganese may prevent joint degeneration, per the University of Maryland Medical Center. Plus, it is essential in improving bone health. This product’s 50 percent of the daily value for manganese should go a long way.
- Glucosamine sulfate, 1,500 mg: An aminosaccharide which helps ward off inflammation, boost joint health, and improve digestive function. This much per serving should help make your joints feel as good as new.
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), 500 mg: A naturally-occurring sulfur compound which helps keep inflammation at bay, boost nutrient uptake, and ward off free radicals. MSM is a time-tested joint support product ingredient. Expect great results with it.
The manufacturer says Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder “supports cartilage and joint function,” per its official website.
We agree wholeheartedly.
You can’t argue with a combination of glucosamine sulfate, MSM, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, and manganese, folks.
Plain and simple: it works.
If you’re scoured your supplement store shelves, you’ll notice a trend: glucosamine and MSM are common joint support ingredients.
Set aside 10 joint support products and we guarantee six or seven out of 10 have them.
That’s because they’re effective.
Both glucosamine and MSM have impressive anti-inflammatory benefits. We feel 1.5 grams per serving of the former is optimal.
Not only will that help keep inflammation at bay, it will also keep your joints healthy and improve digestion.
So, take our word for it: if you’re going to buy this product, add a complementary post-workout supplement so you can take advantage of its digestive system benefits.
On the other hand, MSM’s benefits are also just as impressive (helps ward off inflammation, keep free radicals at bay, improve nutrient uptake, etc.).
Okay, 500 grams per serving is nice. It should complement the glucosamine content nicely.
Thing is, Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder isn’t as potent as, say, Labrada ElastiJoint (which has four times more MSM).
That alone could attract more customers to competitors.
To offset that, the company added potent doses of Vitamins C and D. The former helps produce collagen while the latter helps maintain healthy joints.
In our opinion, this was a good move on the part of the company. Other joint support products may be more powerful, but Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is one of the few of its kind which has ample amounts of Vitamin C and Vitamin D3.
Plus, we like the inclusion of curcumin or turmeric. If you haven’t been eating this Indian spice, you are missing out. Big time.
Curcumin helps ward off inflammation, keep free radicals at bay, and regulate blood sugar levels.
In fact, some fitness experts believe it’s even more potent than several popular medicines.
Aren’t you glad it’s in Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder?
We also commend the manufacturer for good transparency. No shady proprietary blends and dirty ingredients whatsoever. Awesome.
All in all, Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is a simple and effective joint support product which should give you a fast return on your investment.
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder Benefits
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps improve cartilage and joint function
- Impressive glucosamine sulfate and MSM combination
- Great absorption
We agree with all of the above claims. Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is a worthy addition to your supplement stack.
Who Takes It?
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve cartilage and joint function, improve physical performance, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder has no glaring side effects, if you feel doubtful about any of its ingredients, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder Summary
- Impressive ingredient combo. Glucosamine sulfate, MSM, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and manganese.
- 1.5 grams of glucosamine sulfate per serving. Helps prevent inflammation, improve joint health, and boost digestive health.
- Solid source of Vitamins C and D3. Helps offset the somewhat mediocre MSM content.
- Has curcumin. Potent Indian spice with proven health benefits.
- Clean ingredients. One look at the ingredients list says it all.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all ingredient amounts.
- Good reputation. Many customers swear by it.
- Affordable. One $13.97 bottle lasts two months or so.
- Somewhat medicore MSM content. Five hundred grams per tablet pales in comparison to the competition.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (60-Day Supply): $13.97
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder
Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder certainly exceeded our expectations.
By a mile, at that.
The ingredient combination is awesome – we guarantee your joints and cartilages will feel fresh as a daisy.
We daresay Jarrow Formulas Joint Builder is one of the few on the market worth your hard-earned money.
Buy it. Cherish it. You won’t be sorry.